Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477367 times)

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88c beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #480 on: December 09, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

Ugh, why the HELL are there so many ambushes?

There are about 6 raider/slaver ambushes everytime a caravan comes. Not to mention that I get about 7 thieves also.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 09, 2012, 06:26:47 pm »

Ugh, why the HELL are there so many ambushes?

There are about 6 raider/slaver ambushes everytime a caravan comes. Not to mention that I get about 7 thieves also.
Because Dwarf Fortress. That's just how the game works; nothing to do with the mod (unless it is?).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 09, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »

I heard that if you embark close to an enemy civ site, they'll send more ambushes, so you might just be unlucky. Also, I believe wealth produced also influences ambush/siege frequency. Fortunately, raiders and slavers can't avoid traps, so a well-lined killing hall should do the trick nicely. :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 09, 2012, 06:36:43 pm »

I have detected 4 wild slaves in the first cavern layer in my new fort.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 09, 2012, 06:44:48 pm »

I heard that if you embark close to an enemy civ site, they'll send more ambushes, so you might just be unlucky. Also, I believe wealth produced also influences ambush/siege frequency. Fortunately, raiders and slavers can't avoid traps, so a well-lined killing hall should do the trick nicely. :)
Well shit. Guess I'll have to cut down on salvaging.
Is there a way to make caravans spawn on roads? I built a nice road near my fort, but the caravans kept on spawning at the furthest point on my map.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 09, 2012, 06:45:46 pm »

Must've escaped through some tunnels. :D

I put them there so the slaver caravans can bring them, but with frequency set to 0. I guess that doesn't stop them from spawning, but even then, it should be very rare. Thanks for pointing that out, Replica, and let me know if it happens more often. :)

P(ony)SI, I think the caravan spawn point is preset or random. You may want to build a road to where they show up.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:50:18 pm by Lycaeon »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 09, 2012, 06:46:59 pm »

Finely spaced statues. As long as there isn't a 3x3 path except from through your road, the caravan will spawn there.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #487 on: December 09, 2012, 06:56:48 pm »

That's a pretty cool idea; I was just planning on sticking non-Ghouls in containment until I could expose them to radiation. Holding onto all the feral ones would be a pretty nice touch.

Well, I would expose everypony, send that group into there own little sealed chambers, and wait to see if the ghoulification even worked. If it is feral, one could probably just keep the room sealed. (Actualy, the idea of a pony just turning into a feral ghoul in a hospital ward is one of the best mental images I have ever gotten from DF.)

On the topic of sidefics, I enjoyed Pink Eyes, but Misfit's and Guise of Chaos is good. Honestly, the latter needs more love, considering that it's at least as good as the already good Heros.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 09, 2012, 07:02:17 pm »

Crazy Cow, not only did I read Murky 7, but I also dumped 30 pages of feedback on the author and made some pictures. Sadly they didn't make it into M7 gallery, because I used things from MLP Vector Club and similar. I listed the contributors, but didn't ask for permission.

Red Eye is my most favourite character in the entire FoE universe, maybe except for Lacunae, so of course I've read a story about slavery in Fillydelphia.

More on topic, I had another idea: Flux Converter, a workshop which allows magically talented unicorns to recharge depleted batteries "off the horn". Flux converters are made cannon by Flim-Flam episode as well as the boat in Project Horizons. The workshop should require wiring to build, do not take up much space and be much less efficient than the Prismatic generator. There should be no reaction for a batch of 5 batteries and the job shouldn't be automatic at the Flux converter. This is to give the unlucky player, who has trouble getting a power talisman, another option to use technologies involving batteries. I'm not sure which skill should be used. Mechanics, maybe? Also, the reaction needs to take longer than the generator version and I can't see an appropriate tag in the RAWs. I know that Strand Extraction takes a long time.

I should have some time to play today. I got my first slave caravan lately and their wagon has some good stuff, including medium quality salvage.

The traders seem to spawn close to the same spot each time. I wouldn't recommend statues, because building destroyers will wreck them... Unless you make 500+ of them and wall off your entire embark, except for one spot.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:05:14 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 09, 2012, 07:08:32 pm »

That's a good idea Maklak. As there's no way to restrict reactions to unicorns only, I'll have it drop a boiling rock that's dangerous to earth ponies like the magic research reactions. It'll also tire out the unicorn worker for a while.

I've added it to the upcoming features. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:13:54 pm by Lycaeon »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »

I was wondering if later on we could "Upgrade" or "Find" various different specifications of power armor. Like being able to add enchantments like the Eyes Forward spell, and talismans that would be able to regenerate the user inside, or strengthen them far more than the average armor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 09, 2012, 09:35:36 pm »

Not stuff like that specifically, but similar things may be possible if power armor isn't armor.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 09, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:16 pm »

Yay RNG glitches! I can't wait for a FB made of Bonfire or one of the evaporation syndrome rocks.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 210