Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472680 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88c beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #495 on: December 09, 2012, 10:07:37 pm »

Yup...the RNG chooses from the set of available colors, including the ones for the cutie marks. :-\ I don't think there's a way to avoid this.

To Zebio: I'm working on an upgrade drink that transforms the pony into a power armored soldier, with different types possessing different weapons and capabilities (such as immunity to mild radiation). Unfortunately, I've run into a snag - unless the new power armored pony is wearing clothes over his armor, he's going to suffer bad thoughts and eventually tantrum. And being able to wear combat armor over your power armor is not a result I'm willing to tolerate. :P

It's going to be at least a week before I get the time to figure out a way around this problem (if there is one), among others. In the meantime, suggestions for this and anything else that could be included in the next version are welcome. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:10:32 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

So there are forgotten beasts with long and curly smiling flowers? xD
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:38 pm »

That reminds me of a possible(?) way around the problem of boots.  Four legs makes the game confused... so can you trick it by calling them forelegs and hind legs?  Let it think that forelegs are arms, though they are walked on, and make the foreboots act like gloves?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

Replica: Pretty much. :)

Unfortunately, the [STANCE] token that hooves have to make ponies stand on them also force them to act as feet, so they'll still accept boots. And glove-type clothing items will be worn by any bodyparts with [GRASP] - including the mouth and unicorn telekinesis.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 09, 2012, 11:00:35 pm »

I am enjoying the picture of ponies wearing boots on their muzzles.  Is there a way to make Emergency Edible Boots?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 09, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »

Can't you restrict learnable skills by caste? Like alchemy? Or better, pump operation. Rename the skill to Power Machine, restrict it to unicorns, and use it as the general magic skill. Pawn it off as screw pumps require power to operate, no more hand operating.
And a battery charger workshop can be slowed down easily. Two reactions, "Add Charge" that creates a small Crystallized Energy item that does nothing but sit there (like pages and chapters of research in the loosing is magic mod) and a "Charge Battery" automatic reaction that takes a depleted battery and a number of Crystallized Energy bits to create the charged battery.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »

Khenal: Boots and horseshoes are made of metal, so probably not.  :P

Skills can't be restricted by caste (apart from learning rates), and all magic-related reactions that aren't gem-cutting do use the alchemy skill, which is off by default. You can enable it for just your unicorns so only they will run the arcane reactions. The hazardous arcane fumes are to deter turning alchemy on for earth ponies.

There's no need to slow down the reaction, as it will render the unicorn operator unconscious for a period of time (a spark battery is actually a large power source, according to the FoE canon, and so charging one will drain the average unicorn). Certain magically adept unicorn castes will be resistant, however.

I will go ahead and add the info about alchemy to the technology hints.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:30:04 pm by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 10, 2012, 01:08:14 am »

That RNG problem really makes for some morbid combinations.

Seriously, it's three skinned cutie marks exoskeleton is sleek and smooth.

Edit: Grrr! This is the fourth time I've had to shut down and savescum due to giant cave spiders!
Those things kill everything in less than one nanosecond, I just had one slip through a crack that I hadn't noticed and it went on a total rampage throughout the stable, killing 40 ponies in two minutes.
Damn it to hell, an hour, two migrant waves, an almost fully constructed perimeter wall, a lucky wingless FB, 200 copper bars and an artifact tough leather cloak all down the drain!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:31:31 am by Replica »
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:05 am »

Oops...I apparently made the beast chitin giant radscorpions and cave spiders use too strong. I've gone ahead and hotfixed this as v0.88d. Now steel weapons should take them down.

Sorry about that. :(

Edit: You can fix this is current games by going to the insects file in your save folder and changing BEASTCHITIN_MATERIALS to TOUGHCHITIN_MATERIALS.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:51:22 am by Lycaeon »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88d beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #504 on: December 10, 2012, 02:02:56 am »

Is it possible we'll get machinegun grenade launchers with the eventual power armor  ;D?

Sounds good regardless though. Hope the issues get worked out!

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 10, 2012, 03:29:04 am »

Is it possible we'll get machinegun grenade launchers with the eventual power armor  ;D?

Sounds good regardless though. Hope the issues get worked out!

You want your ponies using a weapon even Stealhooves was hardly capable of using without hurting his friends? well, have !!FUN!! with that.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 10, 2012, 04:42:29 am »

I heard that if you embark close to an enemy civ site, they'll send more ambushes, so you might just be unlucky. Also, I believe wealth produced also influences ambush/siege frequency. Fortunately, raiders and slavers can't avoid traps, so a well-lined killing hall should do the trick nicely. :)
Well shit. Guess I'll have to cut down on salvaging.
Is there a way to make caravans spawn on roads? I built a nice road near my fort, but the caravans kept on spawning at the furthest point on my map.

*lights a cigar and takes a long drag* Now, what I'm going to tell you is going to be crazy... suicidal even. What you're going to want to do is build that road along the entire border of the map just to be sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who's got my rusty horseshoe?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:49 am »

To bad Rainbow Dash wasn't around to take me in under her wing.

It's quite a shame that she has been dead for over a hundred years, her wings are probably wasteland dust by now.

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 10, 2012, 03:26:46 pm »

To bad Rainbow Dash wasn't around to take me in under her wing.

It's quite a shame that she has been dead for over a hundred years, her wings are probably wasteland dust by now.
Or part of a named hat that gives an agility bonus. It would probably be restricted to evil characters, though.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:55 pm »

I gave my soldiers "Security shoes" as part of their uniforms that replace clothing and they wear them. In vanilla DF I also didn't have much trouble with boots and soldiers. You don't have to assign boots individually - my ponies pick four of them just fine. Socks may screw this up, however. Oh and of course they can't wear light horseshoes and security horseshoes at the same time.

Pellets are produced at the forge in batches of 25 from one bar. If you haven't already, change that to 50. It will be consistent with pellet crate and pellets are weak anyway. If someone isn't going the bone route, he is likely to need a lot of pellets anyway.

I have seen a stack of a 100 steel pellets in a quiver, so quivers are most certainly not limited in capacity to just below a 100 items.

My problems with opening cans of food and drink apparently ended when I moved a bar and a kitchen closer to the stockpile. Automatic reactions in DF have a range limit. That's just the way it is.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think bullets are reusable if they don't break the first time. It is just the name that changes.

I run Stonesense. It printed a lot of warnings about unknown items, but worked. The picture below is from a slaver ambush.

The music in-game stopped working for unknown reasons.

My fort continues.

Phew, I thought my save got corrupted, but I just screwed up the graphics settings.

Caps died despite my efforts to save her. Nerdie, her husband, became the new militia commander.

Textbook needs a rough gem to finish her creation. I normally have lots of them, but not this time. Hopefully my miners will dig something up soon. I even designated an additional tunnel close to where a cluster of gems was found earlier.

Short Bursts has become attached to his *pine riot shield*. Phew, whatever.

Puppy Smiles decides to go find somepony in charge to cry on her, because she was disgusted by miasma, caught in a snow storm, but worst of all saw a fly and was accosted by that terrible vermin. Poor thing doesn't get it, that we're fighting for our very survival here.

My miners decide that storing all kinds of items in bins is more important than mining. I tell them otherwise and disable their hauling. It helps.

Marble Statue and Tasty Scraps get hospitalised. It is those feral dogs again. Gypsum Casts is also in the hospital. Meanwhile Splint goes to carry a bag to a stockpile. I need more idlers for that!

A caravan is on the horizon. They wear the markings of slavers and DJ PON3, who has proven mostly reliable thus far, warned about them, but they don't look heavily armed. Surely they come here just to trade, otherwise they wouldn't have those wagons full of stuff. A casual inspection reveals that they don't have hidden soldiers in there, so they are welcome to the marketplace.

Textbook gets chased away from her workshop and wounded in the head by a feral dog, but quickly returns to waiting for her gem after a soldier deals with the threat.

Extra Caps goes to look over what the caravan brought. There is unsorted scrap, some of which looks quite promising, combat armour with gem decorations, ammo for rifles, fish, vegetables, thread, yarn and... three miserable-looking ponies in cages. Two Earth Ponies and a Unicorn. After a discussion with some of the more prominent citizens, we decide not to trade for slaves for ethical reasons, although it is a close tie. On one hoof slavery is a bad thing, those slaves wouldn't meet the standards to become citizens anyway and having "servants" around might rub some of us the wrong way. On the other, we badly need more hooves to work and by the looks of them, they would be better off staying here anyway. (( In reality, I traded for some of the things I wanted, except slaves, armour and ammo, but didn't get enough prepared food moved to depot by the time the caravan left. Also, both ponies qualified for trade were busy. Feral dogs are not as efficient money makers as I thought. Sure, they leave stacks of 15 meat, but lots of internal organs too and those are cooked into small stacks. Selling large stacks of Quarry Bush leaf roasts would be more efficient. ))

Much to my surprise, when the slave traders were unloading their goods, another band of them came along heavily armed and started shooting. The traders said, those were from a competing company and that our security should be able to handle them.
  The ambush consists of 4 gunners with three combat rifles, lead by a lasher. They wear combat armour. I can't simply order civilians inside and close the door, because we're still trading. While they approach, they are shot at by the usual assortment of militia and stationary defences, while engaged by Shashing Hoof, one of our machete soldiers. A moment afterwards Sparkilng Clean, the new melee squad replacement, joins the fray.
  The Lasher pierces Sparkling Clean's barding, as if it wasn't even there, wounding him severely, without even getting a scratch in return. Smashing Hoof doesn't waste time. He blocks some bullets, scores a few hits and one of the attackers bites the dust. Most bullets simply plink off of the invader's armours, but some still strike and wound them.
  Another enemy is quickly knocked unconscious. Meanwhile Nerdie fumbles around in the armoury, getting dressed. His speed is greatly reduced by his crutch, but his determination is absolute. His wife, Caps, died recently and he doesn't want the same to happen to his daughter Textbook, who is standing outside talking about gems, with her desire to create something beautiful overriding even her survival instinct.
  Sparkling Clean, already severely wounded by the Lasher, gets shot in the head and killed. Now Smashing Hoof has to fight against 3 enemies. The slavers have a lot of ammo, while some of our soldiers begin tu run out of it. Not Lilly Butterfly though, she picked a 100 steel pellets we found in a chest.
  Smashing Hoof blocks or dodges many attacks, but some get through. He may be no match for their leader, but he still kills an unconscious gunner and goes after another, while still in pain from the lashes. In a desperate attempt to end the combat, he enters a marital trance, strikes true in the Lasher's rear right ankle and wounds it so bad, that the enemy leader passes out from pain. Our hero kills him quickly, them goes for another gunner, knocking him down and killing. The last remaining invader flees. We have won, but it still costed a life.

I station the BB squad north of the camp to fend off feral dogs. There have been some attacks by them on salvagers. 

We have too much work and not enough ponies. The layout of the vault is also not a good one. There is too much walking to get anywhere.

The marble layer had some chrysoberyls. Textbook is rescued. She made a rock salt drum and became a Great Stone Crafter.

On the tenth on June the water has finally thawed. It filled the cistern quickly and didn't overflow, so it worked just as intended. Shortly afterwards the slaver caravan left.

With the shortage of workforce around here, Fleur takes over the customs office, while Extra Caps will be a woodworker and a salvager. Fleur is going to focus almost entirely on paperwork.

Dogs die to small calibre bullets, but it wastes a lot of ammo.

A foal snatcher dies in crossfire.

Psalms became elected the overstallion. This changes little in the way the things are run around here.

A feral pegasus ghoul shows up and is killed.

The small calibre bullets are running out fast. There are 3 rifles in the camp and a few legendary marksponies. It may be a good time for an upgrade.

A pack of dogs is decimated by so many marksponies, that their shots look like submachinegun fire. Fights like this result in large puddles of blood, some bullets and casing all around it and the need to manufacture more ammo. Fortunately cremating remains has been delivering some potash and a caravan from the stable promised to bring saltpetre next time, so we just need to hold out.

Evening Prayer has given birth to an Earth Pony buck, Salt of The Earth.

Smashing Hoof clashes with a black radscorpion and they both retreat, wounded. The soldier goes to the hospital, but Splints is busy with all kinds of things.

I re-organise the military: 
  Nerdie and Smashing hoof get to be the only melee soldiers for now. They get combat armour, machetes and lots of shields. 
  Three best shooters: Trigger Happy, Short Bursts and Shadowdancer get rifles. They are to train melee combat in the barracks all the time and be only called upon in times of need. This is to conserve their ammo and hopefully to make them better in close combat when their ammo poaches run out.
  Psalms and Hail of Metal are going to patrol the perimeter of the camp with pistols.
  Lilly Butterfly, Prime Rib, Gypsum casts and Apple Pie will continue to train shooting with BB rifles.
  There is still no internal security, but there has been little need for a police so far. In any case the prison is ready.

We digged up a Stable-tec crate from the scrap the slaves brought. It had a Stable-tec processing matrix, a charged battery, a depleted chainsaw and four pipbucks.

Five new migrants have arrived. This includes two foals. They brought a Mr Hooves with them. Campfire Story joins Nerdie's squad.

The soldiers sure take their time figuring out and picking their new equipment. Psalms decides to buck it, goes to patrol the camp naked and stomps on some radroaches for good measure.

Campfire Story, the new machete soldier, dies to a radscorpion. All security is ordered to engage it, equipped or not. One radscorpion is killed quickly, but another one takes down Shadowdancer. It is shortly afterwards engaged with pistols and rifles. Meanwhile two pegasai ghouls rampage near the centre of the camp. They are killed of course, but damage some of the robots and turrets. One ghoul even emits some kind of radioactive vapours. As a last ditch effort the scorpion, who killed Campfire Story and Shadowdancer, charges Trigger Happy, but he shots it in the head and kills it. (( I think I won't assign new ponies to the melee squad for now. Too many of them die quickly. )) The radscorpions seem to have some kind of paralysing venom.

Smashing Hoof is still at the hospital, but he has at least been diagnosed. There is so much to do around the camp, that even the foals are busy all the time.

Warm Blanket went to fetch Campfire's Story stuff. He was chased by a feral ghoul and killed before he made it back to the camp. The ghoul was taken down quickly afterwards, but not before wounding Prime Rib and pushing him into a pond. The recruit can't swim, but managed to crawl out anyway. Just when I thought we would be safe from wildlife, we're running out of coffins... again.

Notice the red and green blood puddles around the camp. They are from packs of dogs and ghouls who died to massed firepower.

<--Previous
-->Next
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:56:58 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 210