Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472777 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88e beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2012, 08:30:52 pm »

Terminal training reactions don't actually drain the spark batteries - they're left charged after the reaction. It's just so there's a product so that experience is gained in the skill.

Value will be left as is...can't have a single terminal buying off a whole caravan now can we? :P

No small-caliber machine guns or shotguns (which can't be limited by range), as name interactions can't really be "replaced" once a pony has one. Battle saddles are mutually exclusive as each of them has a powerful unique role. In any case, Stables will have more than enough soldiers to wear them by the time they can be produced.

Tallow can indeed be converted into biodiesel in real life, so I'll have the biofuel refinery accept it along with alcohol, oil, and plant matter. Thanks for the suggestion! As of now, flamer fuel will be the only available product, though I have others in mind for later.

Certain salvage logs will be repeated as there are different varieties for different biomes. They're all considered "salvage", and so can be sorted as such.

I much enjoyed the narrative and battle, as always, Maklak. You can't say your embark isn't a war zone now. :)

As for creatures:

Changeling ghouls sound very interesting, even though they didn't show up in the original FoE (due to it being written before the S2 finale). I'll definitely hold onto that idea. Thanks Pokon!

Wild bighorners do show up in certain biomes. Centaurs are minor Taint abominations, and floaters are also on the list.

There will be stronger robots with stronger weapons (Once I figure out what's stopping robots from spawning). Unfortunately, energy weapons at the moment aren't much different from bullets as I didn't give them high temperature (Too much !!FUN!! on the surface). I do have ideas for making them different, however.

Work hasn't started on the large update yet. It's still going to be a week before I get the time. :( Further suggestions and bug reports are very much welcome in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:33:21 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 12, 2012, 09:02:32 pm »

I actualy thought of them closer to the Tunnelers of Lonesome Road, the freaky mutant's with the stupidly deadly attacks that could be seen fighting Deathclaws. So, yes, they would be living, but as semisentinent feral abominations with atrophied wings and mostly-sane queens with potent magical attacks.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:05 pm »

Thanks for the tip about hunters, but if I change them say to small calibre ammo, will they equip pistols and not BB guns?

> Value will be left as is...can't have a single terminal buying off a whole caravan now can we?
Value is fine, a terminal is worth more than a robot. It is just that the description in the first post says they are very valuable and attract attention. Technically true, but there isn't really a reason not to build one or five when they become available.

Maybe it is just bad luck, but I have more processing matrices than computer parts, plus stable-tec matrices are quite common. Oh well, maybe I'm supposed to find and dismantle damaged terminals, not just buy high and medium quality salvage from caravans and hope to luck out.
I can't find the reactions for dismantling terminals and soda machines, even though they are in-game. I thought I should have the opposite problem: scarcity of processing matrices and more than enough scrap electronic, but after thinking about it, those processing matrices are made of gems and therefore very resilient to time. Normal electronics isn't.

Looking over the RAWs again: (Some minor issues)

Vegetable cans produce stacks of 1 food and quite a few of them tend to drop from civilian crates. They are something of an annoyance: take a hauling job, then a job to open them, then to take them to a stockpile and cooking them makes for small stacks. Military rations produce 10 food, which is worthwhile. I would prefer to have rarer drops of vegetable can packs that produce 5 or 3 or so vegetables.

MoP crates should drop more splints than crutches. At least I would prefer it that way. Ponies can have multiple limbs broken, but they usually only get one crutch.

I think healing talismans don't do anything yet, but they sometimes drop. Come to think of it... a building that produces boulders that vaporise and boost healing rate of whoever used it? Kinda like Nurse Redheart and a Stable-tec terminal, but with less hassle.

Ministry crates should sometimes drop posters from that ministry.
MoM crate has MoP posters for some reason. I don't imagine Pinkie putting posters of "War? Death? We must be better. Do better." to liven up a party :P

What the hay is plasma pistol? I don't think I've seen one. Unless that's what the sprite-bots use. I guess the foals could use those for LARPing.

Wow... some crates are much more useful than others. Sure, I can always take more batteries and wiring, but they pale in comparison to the rest.

OK, so I take it there is no work-around for the confusing stockpiles repeating things a few times issue. Or repeated reaction in the manager. I don't like it, but I can work with it.

I try to make my descriptions of what's happening entertaining, but I thought it would be disappointing that I holed up and let those outside die, citizen, migrant and trader alike. FoE is all about stupid heroism and not calculations about who has to be sacrificed to let others live.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »

Dismantling terminals and soda machines takes place at the workbench. I will increase the prevalence of the monitors and interfaces that are the secondary components, or maybe include a reaction to manufacture them.

Good point on the vegetable cans and MoP crates. I will change them accordingly.

I've removed healing talismans for now, as they don't come into play until the Ministry of Peace arc. Good catch on the posters though...they were supposed to be Pinkie's classic "FOREVER" posters. That was such a small typo I didn't even notice.  ???

The plasma pistol's only use at the moment is to upgrade Mr. Hooves into Mr. Macintosh. There will be others once the energy weapons tree is expanded.

I try to make my descriptions of what's happening entertaining, but I thought it would be disappointing that I holed up and let those outside die, citizen, migrant and trader alike. FoE is all about stupid heroism and not calculations about who has to be sacrificed to let others live.

Fallout Equestria, the novel, was certainly about heroism and epic feats in the face of insurmountable odds. Fallout Equestria, the world, is the terrifying, and much less romantic, reality. ;)

As for irradiated changelings, I found a pretty good base concept for them:

Quote from the artist, MisterMech (Who has a bunch of excellent FoE art): "As far as I figure, they are a lot more rare than the average feral ghoul and are thankfully more flimsy. What makes them quite dangerous though is a peculiar effect they have on creatures that are in close proximity. Exposure to this effect quickly starts to drain a victim of ALL emotion, leaving the poor soul complacent and apathetic to most everything around them. Not content to just devour all trace of emotion, the ghoul will then latch on to the uncaring host and procede to drain them into a lifeless husk. Fun times."

Which would make sense, being that love and happiness are in quite short supply in post-apocalyptic Equestria. :)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:27 pm »

Gods, that thing is horrifying. Time to up the security around all my underworld entrances.

Curse you and your mod, Lycaeon. I refuse to watch that damn show, but just so I can understand the importance of this that and the other, it's almost tempting.

Also, lasers are laughable. Against basic rad scorps, they always just bounce off the chitin and do nothing. Best thing Protectaponies are good for is a fairly decent melee combatant that can harass and annoy wild life that strays too close.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:01 pm »

As for irradiated changelings, I found a pretty good base concept for them:

Quote from the artist, MisterMech (Who has a bunch of excellent FoE art): "As far as I figure, they are a lot more rare than the average feral ghoul and are thankfully more flimsy. What makes them quite dangerous though is a peculiar effect they have on creatures that are in close proximity. Exposure to this effect quickly starts to drain a victim of ALL emotion, leaving the poor soul complacent and apathetic to most everything around them. Not content to just devour all trace of emotion, the ghoul will then latch on to the uncaring host and procede to drain them into a lifeless husk. Fun times."

Which would make sense, being that love and happiness are in quite short supply in post-apocalyptic Equestria. :)

....Sweet mercy, why! Who! Gah!

Not sure if changeling ghoul or changeling tunneler is better...oh, wait.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 12, 2012, 10:22:02 pm »

In the show, they're a type of hive-insect that can shapeshift into ponies, infiltrating and feeding off pony society like parasites. Their main source of sustenance is positive emotions, so I surmise any surviving hives in the wasteland would be starved to the point mentioned in the quote, even without considering radiation mutations.

Pokon, they'll probably be a subterranean creature, so some of the traits you mentioned will be included.

The protectaponies, sprite-bots, and other embark robots are civilian models. They don't start doing damage until they're upgraded. I may look into giving lasers a buff, however.

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2012, 05:13:38 am »

The Mechanic squad is cursed. Every single pony that has died so far has been a part of my... redshirts. Huh. How fitting.

Also, I have embarked in a TERRIFYING area, and it's actually pretty tame. Haven't encountered a single ghoul pony, although I keep getting status messages that they are raging.

Have you added deathclaws yet? Or geckos? Haven't seen a single one of them yet.

Edit: Nevermind, you renamed them Hellhounds, didn't you? Because OH GOOD GODS! I only suffered the loss of a fey fisherpony who was making some useless rock trinket and a protectopony, who gave it's life to save one of my Legendary scavengers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:35:55 am by Kel the Oblivious »
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2012, 09:18:39 am »

Have you added deathclaws yet?
Edit: Nevermind, you renamed them Hellhounds, didn't you?

Eyup! Hellhounds are essentialy deathclows the same way that unity alicorns are super mutants. The lore of FoE connect them to a race of monsters from the show called diamond dogs. You say that you were attacked by them on the serface?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2012, 09:50:07 am »

Value will be left as is...can't have a single terminal buying off a whole caravan now can we? :P

AS YOUR ITEMS ARE I CAN'T FATHOM YOU ENDING UP WITH THOSE GOODS
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2012, 10:46:05 am »

Any chance for another method of procuring silk? Every embark so far I've lost a pony to a strange mood requiring a silk cloth, always before the end of the second spring.
Personally, I'd say change the name of the Biofuel Refiner to Chemical Workshop (a type of furnace, so the magma version is viable), make it require atleast 1 metal bar to make (for the extruder plate), and add a reaction to turn oil into Nylon or Polyester threads. Probably restrict it so the synthetic stuff can't be used for silk paper.

Also, what about a decontamination shower? Requires a water talisman, has 3 reactions. Decontaminate hits them with a syndrome that wipes out light radiation exposure, Bath gives them a happy thought syndrome (if possible), and a third reaction that tires them out but trains swimming.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:29 am »

Since when do we have oil in this mod?

Maybe adding [NATURAL] to the robots will get them to spawn. Maybe [MUNDANE]. That may already be in, don't know. I'm using my hard drive cable to charge my phone.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52:17 pm »

Neowulf has some good suggestions, although if possible, I would prefer not to have too many workshops. Adding bathing reaction (that both clears minor radiation and gives a small boost) to the fountain seems appropriate. It already has swimming.

How about Beastlords civilisation from Fallout: Tactics? I think Buffalo would be appropriate. Give them tough leather barding, tier 1 melee weapons (no powered versions), maybe rifles and lots of dangerous monsters as pets and mounts: Manticores, (Black) Radscorpions, GCS, wolves or dogs, maybe even Dragons. They may trade with you or siege you. Yes, this civilisation resembles the elves from vanilla. If they trade with you, they sometimes bring exotic pets. Otherwise it's mostly cloth, food, leather, wood and salvage.

Wow, that changeling is scary please keep the worst monstrosities to evil end savage regions.

Indigo_Suprise, oil can be made out of synth reeds at the screw press, but I don't see it in my stocks ATM. Maybe the cooks used it.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2012, 01:37:44 pm »

Haven't had a chance to build a fountain myself yet, so I didn't know it had a swimming reaction already. Probably should have checked the raws first...

A rinse off reaction added to it would do nicely. A simple way to cure minor rad exposure but not so effective people stop fearing dust storms.

And yeah, I was referring to oil as made from squeezing plants and used in making soap. Nylon and polyester are basically thin strands of plastic, and bioplastics can be made from oil, cellulose, even plain sugar.
And c'mon, who wouldn't want a discoball cutiemark stallion decked out in polyester silk garments. Even better if he's got gem encrusted artifact polyester silk clothes.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:40 pm »

A bathing reaction? We already have a way to do this without micromanaging a reaction. It's called a Dwarven Bathtub.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Uristocrat/Dwarven_Bathtub
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 210