Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472513 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.88e beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #675 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »

Great pictures everyone! :) Especially For Will Truth!

I'm aware of the combat armor and power armor weight issues, but it's more of a problem from low armor skill than the actual armor. A legendary armor user can move about easily even in power armor. I will be adding an armor training reaction in the next version, however. Thank you for the data on the armor weights...I'll look into that to see if I can make combat armor weigh less. :)

The torso piece weights are due to leg protection being combined into them. Also keep in mind that opening boxes of combat armor and power armor uses the mechanics skill, which determines the quality of the resulting armor. I've added that to the first page just in case.

I've already fixed the prismatic smelter bar yields for the upcoming update. You'll also be able to forge combat armor at the prismatic forge, which is already the only place you can manufacture power armor from the base materials. The only other source is from MWT or MAW crates. Next version you'll also be able to repair a suit of power armor from the pieces dropped by dead steel rangers.

The Stable Dweller is the vault's champion position.

Interesting note on the jumpsuit padding requirement. I'll look into adding that, as well as making the prismatic forge a 5x5.

The schematics for power armor are actually their processing matrices (Which can be found in crates, and are required to make power armor suits at the prismatic forge). Actually making the matrices yourself is a bit complicated, as gemstones are involved, so that will be delayed until a later update.

Plasteel can only be manipulated at the prismatic smelter and forge. It's not high priority at the moment, as there are still problems with stockpiling items made out of plasteel.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions and feedback! :D
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 19, 2012, 09:25:14 pm »

What's happening in that picture exactly? Are they trying to build a wall while the minotaur is there? If so why are they all mad and look like they're attacking?
The two military ponies are rushing in, without armor, towards a giant zombie minotaur. Think about that for a second.
The wall is finished, just that the unicorn is sitting on top of it, facehoofing.

Are those supposed to be hacksaws in their mouths?

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 19, 2012, 09:32:16 pm »

What's happening in that picture exactly? Are they trying to build a wall while the minotaur is there? If so why are they all mad and look like they're attacking?
The two military ponies are rushing in, without armor, towards a giant zombie minotaur. Think about that for a second.
The wall is finished, just that the unicorn is sitting on top of it, facehoofing.

Are those supposed to be hacksaws in their mouths?
Yes.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 19, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »

Well, it is strange to me too, but Hacksaws are this mod's replacement for Axes and they can be used for combat. In fact they are part of the best weapon progression: Hacksaw -> Chainsaw (-> Chainsaw Rifle).
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 19, 2012, 09:52:20 pm »

Do you think I don't play the mod? Of course I know what hacksaws are!

And you were just one click away on the DF wiki of finding out for yourself what Armor User does in 2012.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 19, 2012, 10:15:12 pm »

And you were just one click away on the DF wiki of finding out for yourself what Armor User does in 2012.

If you mean this, it is quite useless. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Armor_user I just hate it when people write "you are just one click away from the answer" or "I googled it up and its easy to find" without posting their links.

On second thought, woodcutting is also salvaging and it makes more sense to cut scrap to pieces with a saw than to chop it down with axes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:44:05 pm by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 19, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »

This... this actually exist.  A dwarf fortress mod about playing ponies who build magical nukes... eight months ago I was never involved in anything like this. 
And now that my initial astonishment is over, how playable is this mod?  Does it crash often or is it steady for the most part?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »

This... this actually exist.  A dwarf fortress mod about playing ponies who build magical nukes... eight months ago I was never involved in anything like this. 
And now that my initial astonishment is over, how playable is this mod?  Does it crash often or is it steady for the most part?

Seems pretty stable for me. I've yet to encounter a single screwup.

Also: How did you change the DF music on the start menu?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 20, 2012, 12:46:42 am »

Hi! Hope you enjoy the mod. :) The only real bug at the moment is that upgraded robots go beserk after a couple of months, but that's set to be fixed soon.

As for the music, you go through data → sound → song_title.ogg (song_game for ingame music) and replace it with your own ogg file. You can convert mp3 to .ogg online.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:16 am »

Prismatic Forge is junk I tells ya!

Not to be rude, but I was under the assumption it was gonna be pretty much a magmaless magma forge in effect. Nope. It allows me to make the higher end stuff, power armor and guns, that will prove to be very useful, but not for what I need now. Was hoping to use it and it's smelter counterpart to effectively have a metal training shop. Make copper barding, melt down (Unless masterwork) repeat. Instead, I am stuck relying on the insane amount of Bit Coal I hauled with me (so 400+ boulders) to keep my metal crafting industry rolling.

I like how you NEED a Prism Forge to make power armor and print guns. However, it should have a lesser clone then, same requirements, that just counts as a Smithy, without all the spiffy stuff the full fledged Prism Forge can do.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 20, 2012, 08:34:03 am »

Kel the Oblivious:
That would be Gunsmith's Forge / Magma Gunsmith's forge.

The prismatic forge is going to have some more reactions eventually. Personally I could use "forge bronze machanism" and "forge steel chain". Or "forge plasteel chain", if that would work correctly.

I just don't know how you managed to squeeze 400 coal into your embark. I can take about 50 with me. Any more and I would have to skimp on saltpetre, wood, food, drink, tools, seeds, thread, pony skills, anvil, or other stuff.

Lightningfalcon:
The mod doesn't crash, but there are lots of minor issues with balance, stockpiles, and so on. There is also some stuff that is cumbersome, but cannot be fixed, like the upgrade potions. This is pretty normal for a mod this size and I point out these things as I find them.

There are no magical nukes in the game, as far as I know, but there are some destruction spells. Getting spells is quite an involved process and requires 3 workshops with Arcane Terminals as well as all kinds of gems, so I'm not quite there yet.

I like the in-game song too. What is it's title?

Oh, and the robots going insane after upgrades can be used. A flame turret has short range, doesn't move and is durable. I plan to set one up some distance behind a fortification, channel around it to recycle pellets and have my BB trainees shoot at it. Actually, it would be even better to drop the pellets on a bridge below, sometimes retract it to drop them even further down, close it again to block the view of the turret and finally collect the pellets. What could possibly go wrong with this? On paper it seems even better than capturing a Minotaur in a shooting gallery using airlocks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:14:01 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 20, 2012, 08:48:32 am »

Sometimes when you embark, your starting wood items (Splint, buckets, etc) are made out of high quality salvage, making them antique. The wheelbarrel alone is worth 8000 embark points. Selling the full set leaves you with around 11000 points to spend. Avoid the bots, and you can end up bringing TWO wagons worth of supplies on embark. It's insane.

I just wanna see a Prismatic Forge that work like a regular forge minus the coal requirement. I am trying to avoid using the old stand by of magma for infinite power.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 20, 2012, 10:09:02 am »

Menu theme is Wasteland Soul by Miracle of Sound and ingame theme is Beauty Bleak, also by Miracle of Sound.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 20, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

If you mean this, it is quite useless. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Armor_user I just hate it when people write "you are just one click away from the answer" or "I googled it up and its easy to find" without posting their links.

On second thought, woodcutting is also salvaging and it makes more sense to cut scrap to pieces with a saw than to chop it down with axes.

You want to be spoon fed? Here. Even though you found the link yourself, here. I cut out the part you wanted.

Armor User - related to how well a dwarf moves in armor, and increases whenever a dwarf wearing armor attacks or is attacked. Higher levels of this skill reduces the encumbrance penalties of armor, allowing dwarves wearing full steel plate to move at normal speed. Arena testing also indicates that armor users become tired less easily than non armor wearers (300 vs 100 announcements vs bronze colossus). Because even leather clothes count as armor, this skill often appears at dabbling level on civilians who briefly struggle with a kobold thief or predatory animals.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 20, 2012, 12:08:19 pm »

Framerate improving idea;
 Remove all excess clothing, so just horseshoes instead of socks and horseshoes, and remove all non-armor clothing from all other entities. This is even bigger in vanilla, where each goblin bringing 15+ items really messed things up. Also, how close is the ASCII version to being done?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 210