Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472532 times)

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #795 on: December 23, 2012, 03:40:58 am »

The hell is celery none? I have been getting a lot of unusable extractable foods. None most of all. Had a couple different types, none of them usable for cooking reactions. Are they usable in baking and the like?

I think the laser bolt issue could partially be solved by having them have an incredibly low boiling point, but I don't know how well that would work for them as a projectile.

Two cents for your racist side debate: Mud ponys may not have magic or wings, but they are the ones who actually get off their asses and make new things. Yeah, power armor and weapons need magic, but I am sure if it wasn't an option, those little mud ponies would have found some other form of power to harness.

Unicorns have magic, pegasi can fly and cloud craft, mud ponies actually create new things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:53:21 am by Kel the Oblivious »
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:28 am »

As far as I'm concerned the debate isn't too serious and all three castes need each other.
EPs are resourceful, good farmers and workers.
Master Red Eye is an EP.
In http://www.mlprim.com/s2e/RoleplayingIsMagic-hi.pdf EPs get the most XP, which makes them a tempting option (but my gaming group still has 1 EP, 1 PP, 1 female dragon and the rest are all UPs). 

> Might even play it, were it set in FoE. I can tolerate cute, but it needs a good dose of grim to level out the overpowering sweetness of it all.
Here's FoE for you: https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AcokIqzJW7QSZGYzdzdjY2pfMGRubXd6amY4&pli=1
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 04:00:58 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Kel the Oblivious

• Bay Watcher
  • A Vile Force of Dorkness has Arrived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 23, 2012, 03:56:37 am »

Buh, ponies, a slow corruption. Reading the entirety of FoE in a few days was a bad idea.

I glimpsed over those rules a bit ago, looks like a fairly decent system, although a bit self contradicting at points. Still, can tell a good bit of work has gone into it. Might even play it, were it set in FoE. I can tolerate cute, but it needs a good dose of grim to level out the overpowering sweetness of it all.
To err is to man, as to kill your entire population because you forgot a single stone block in your incredibly amazing steam aquaduct system is to dwarf

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 23, 2012, 03:58:06 am »

Indeed. A little grimdark goes a long way to making something as saccharine as MLP bearable.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 23, 2012, 04:31:03 am »

So, I was trying to make a stable that depends on making a bunch of oil to refine and fuel a steel industry, but couldn't find a way to press it from stuff.  It looks like Synth reeds are what we're supposed to use, but the screw press doesn't give me the option.  I also saw that Rock nuts and Weld are supposed to give oil through some means, but don't know how.  Am I derping (very possible, as I never did much with a food industry), or have I found a bug?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 23, 2012, 04:37:06 am »

I think those need to be milled/ground into paste at a mill or quern, then oil pressed from the paste.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 23, 2012, 04:47:46 am »

In my 0.88 fort I was able to press synth-reed into oil. I never saw the oil, but I think it was cooked. I just checked and I can queue the reaction on a screw press. For rock nuts you can mill them at a quern or millstone, then press the oil. Maybe you lack barrels or jugs or something. Or maybe you processed your synth-reeds into thread. Or maybe all your synth-reeds are tasked or inside containers that are carried.

I often bump into not being able to run reactions that should work, but I think this is a problem with DF and not the mod. It fixes itself after some time.

You can always make alcohol into fuel.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 23, 2012, 07:19:08 am »

Oh, that's lovely ;P
I bet she only married Replica because he's easy to push around.

I believe she married him because of his stunningly good looks and earth pony earth ponyness.

Admit it, secretly, deep down, you love us earth ponies.

Seed "Debesh Unnos" Soulsaffron (Crazy Cow) and Armor "Replica" Slipcreature (Replica, obviously) have already been taken, for your information.
...Wait. Seed is a unicorn, and male. Armor is an earth pony, and female. I'll shit bricks if they become lovers.

Oh I see.

What do you say Crazy Cow?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2012, 10:19:45 am »

Spoiler: Lemon Stable Report 2 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 23, 2012, 11:43:42 am »

In my 0.88 fort I was able to press synth-reed into oil. I never saw the oil, but I think it was cooked. I just checked and I can queue the reaction on a screw press. For rock nuts you can mill them at a quern or millstone, then press the oil. Maybe you lack barrels or jugs or something. Or maybe you processed your synth-reeds into thread. Or maybe all your synth-reeds are tasked or inside containers that are carried.

I often bump into not being able to run reactions that should work, but I think this is a problem with DF and not the mod. It fixes itself after some time.

You can always make alcohol into fuel.

It's definitely a bug.  In the new version, the reaction doesn't even show up in red at the press.  In .88, the reaction is there in red, even if I don't have any reeds ready.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 23, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »

That is absolutely adorable :3
Also, gypsum plaster has about zero advantages over wooden splints. As long as you have one you don't need the other.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 23, 2012, 12:28:09 pm »

That is absolutely adorable :3
Also, gypsum plaster has about zero advantages over wooden splints. As long as you have one you don't need the other.

Well damn...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:30:21 pm by Indigo_Surprise »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 23, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »

Good going, Replica. I'm enjoying this, although I must have missed the first update. It seems that overall you're doing quite well. You've managed to dig up a lot of space too, but didn't even mention miners. I especially like the early perimeter wall with a bridge and turret defences, but I'd move one of them closer to fortifications. There are some differences in style, as I like wider corridors and having input stockpiles right next to the workshops that use them, but other than that I like it. With so many farms you'll soon be swimming in food, especially if you buy some extras from the caravans for meals (I know it is cheesy, but for 10k+ caps worth of trading, lavish meals just work best for me.) Looks like you're going to have many less deaths than I did, which is good. Ah right, you savescum, but only for main characters, so not for nameless migrants.

Indigo_Surprise's layout I understand a lot less. It looks like a bunch of cellars accessible from the surface, there is a giant stone stockpile without wheelbarrows or workshops, which will be very hauling-intensive to maintain. I can see very large farms, but no workshops or dormitories. This is... very different from what I would do, so lets see how that goes.

A good advice for community forts that none of us follows is to write it as a dairy (with dates) from the perspective of one of the characters.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 23, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

Well, I made the official thread for the doomed expedition I have planned out.

Replica, I think that 3x3 bedrooms are a bit excessive; 1x4 usually works the most in balancing happiness and space, but whatever floats your boat.
Also, cute drawing you have there :D
And yay, apparently I'm in love with Maklak.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 23, 2012, 01:12:20 pm »

Indigo_Surprise's layout I understand a lot less. It looks like a bunch of cellars accessible from the surface, there is a giant stone stockpile without wheelbarrows or workshops, which will be very hauling-intensive to maintain. I can see very large farms, but no workshops or dormitories. This is... very different from what I would do, so lets see how that goes.

A good advice for community forts that none of us follows is to write it as a dairy (with dates) from the perspective of one of the characters.

For that report, all I did was go over the few basic things I did right before hitting the hay. I have some masonry workshops in my stone stockpile now that are mass producing blocks, as well as a kitchen, still, butchery, and farmer's workshop in the food stockpile. That report was very, very basic since I didn't really get anything done. It'll be more fleshed out by the next report.

And I'm sure I'd get banned if I wrote from a character's perspective in this fort. I'll definitely write in the perspective of a citizen once I get my ranger civ up and working. Which probably won't be anytime soon.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 210