Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472568 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #810 on: December 23, 2012, 01:37:07 pm »

I have a group of raiders outside my fort playing soccer, seemingly.

To be exact, the tile set makes turrets look like colorful balls, and now it's being knocked around outside by a bunch of freaks with hammers. Frankly, I am surprised it's lasted as long as it has.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:57 pm »

What do you say Crazy Cow?

That is absolutely adorable :3
Also, gypsum plaster has about zero advantages over wooden splints. As long as you have one you don't need the other.

Wait, seriously?
Oh well, we are aiming for STELLAR healthcare here, I need to keep all of you in good shape so you can fight and have non-deformed children.
So I might as well get some gypsum in there, DF's medical system works in mysterious ways.

I am thinking about smoothing the entire thing so the hospital isn't just a cave with some beds and storage containers, we need clinically clean healthcare facilities in Lemon, only the best for the best.

Good going, Replica. I'm enjoying this, although I must have missed the first update. It seems that overall you're doing quite well. You've managed to dig up a lot of space too, but didn't even mention miners. I especially like the early perimeter wall with a bridge and turret defences, but I'd move one of them closer to fortifications. There are some differences in style, as I like wider corridors and having input stockpiles right next to the workshops that use them, but other than that I like it. With so many farms you'll soon be swimming in food, especially if you buy some extras from the caravans for meals (I know it is cheesy, but for 10k+ caps worth of trading, lavish meals just work best for me.) Looks like you're going to have many less deaths than I did, which is good. Ah right, you savescum, but only for main characters, so not for nameless migrants.

Indigo_Surprise's layout I understand a lot less. It looks like a bunch of cellars accessible from the surface, there is a giant stone stockpile without wheelbarrows or workshops, which will be very hauling-intensive to maintain. I can see very large farms, but no workshops or dormitories. This is... very different from what I would do, so lets see how that goes.

A good advice for community forts that none of us follows is to write it as a dairy (with dates) from the perspective of one of the characters.

First update is a few pages back, it mentions which one of the starting 7 became miners and who became scavengers.

As for design, well, I prefer large rooms and tight corridors early on because it speeds production up when everything is gathered in one place, later as my stables develop workshops and stockpiles become gradually more and more divided and heavily trafficked corridors are expanded.
Security design isn't final, 4 of the 8 turrets will be placed on a floor above so there are two rows of 4 turrets shooting simultaneously. In terms of performance it doesn't matter if a turret is one tile back or not, they can shoot past the other turrets and through the fortifications without issues.

And yes, meals are good trade.
But you gain more by making easy meals, especially if you are low on cookable food and you need quantity over quality.

And correct, I do savescum to save the essential ponies, but like you said, migrants don't get to be so lucky unless something absolutely critical happens that warrants a rewind.

Well, I made the official thread for the doomed expedition I have planned out.

Replica, I think that 3x3 bedrooms are a bit excessive; 1x4 usually works the most in balancing happiness and space, but whatever floats your boat.
Also, cute drawing you have there :D
And yay, apparently I'm in love with Maklak.

He is a hard stallion to love, very critical, but I'm sure the two of you will be happy together. :)
Also 3x3 bedrooms is the way to go. Space is not an issue, happiness is, and everyone get super happy when they get engraved 3x3 rooms with bed, cabinet and footlocker.
In forts where I actually care about giving my subjects rooms I go by this logic: Good rooms or no rooms.

Link us to the thread bro, I want to see how Seed "Debesh Unnos" Soulsaffron and Armor "Replica" Slipcreature do.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:54:40 pm by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 23, 2012, 01:56:24 pm »

Well, I made the official thread for the doomed expedition I have planned out.

Replica, I think that 3x3 bedrooms are a bit excessive; 1x4 usually works the most in balancing happiness and space, but whatever floats your boat.
Also, cute drawing you have there :D
And yay, apparently I'm in love with Maklak.

He is a hard stallion to love, very critical, but I'm sure the two of you will be happy together. :)
Also 3x3 bedrooms is the way to go. Space is not an issue, happiness is, and everyone get super happy when they get engraved 3x3 rooms with bed, cabinet and footlocker.
In forts where I actually care about giving my subjects rooms I go by this logic: Good rooms or no rooms.

Link us to the thread bro, I want to see how Seed "Debesh Unnos" Soulsaffron and Armor "Replica" Slipcreature do.

My subjects are still happy with 1x4 engraved rooms with a bed, chest, cabinet, and door. But, I might actually try the 3x3 strategy this time. After all, you need something to be happy about when you're in a heavily irradiated desert :P

Here's the thread. I'm not starting the game until all the mane seven are taken.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 23, 2012, 02:10:54 pm »

No pony needs rooms! Luxury breeds weakness; communal shelter is more than enough to satisfy a pony's needs.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 23, 2012, 02:13:34 pm »

No pony needs rooms! Luxury breeds weakness; communal shelter is more than enough to satisfy a pony's needs.
That's a good point, except happiness in this game does not cause a faster rust of skills and attributes.
And unhappy militia ponies are dangerous.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 23, 2012, 02:20:48 pm »

You are the whole reason I had to make rooms to begin with, the way Crazy Cow complained after Lemon was founded forced me to give her her own room or she would go, well, crazy.
Then I discovered their relationship and figured "eh, might as well make it extra nice if Replica is going to keep Crazy Cow cozy at night" and then I felt bad about the others not having rooms, so I built more rooms and here we are with a nice little hotel type of underground bunker where everything is poor and everyone has their own room.

I'll make another stable report later tonight, just for kicks.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 24, 2012, 12:04:16 am »

That forum server failure, ey chaps?

I had the worst nights sleep in weeks.
I keep dreaming that I am in this endless desert, the desert is completely flat and there is nothing in any direction, it is just endless desert, and it's incredibly hot.
I walk around for what feels like 10 minutes and wake up abruptly feeling completely drained and dehydrated.
I've had this dream twice tonight, the first time I woke up at 2AM and went downstairs to drink something, I drank just over half a liter of milk and half a liter of juice and then I went back to sleep only to wake up barely an hour later feeling dehydrated again. Hmm.

But anyways, might as well post what I remember from my last session now that Bay 12 is up and running again, it's not like I can go back to sleep again, I don't want to dream of endless deserts again, I like my 3-6cm layer of snow.

Spoiler: Lemon Stable Report 3 (click to show/hide)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 24, 2012, 12:19:17 am »

That Death pony is pretty creepy.
And I might not be the fastest, or the strongest, or the most skilled, but by Celestia Above I am the happiest unicorn in the whole damn fortress!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 24, 2012, 12:37:23 am »

My female earth pony counterpart is turning out to be a right tough old bitch.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 24, 2012, 12:55:45 am »

And I might not be the fastest, or the strongest, or the most skilled, but by Celestia Above I am the happiest unicorn in the whole damn fortress!

Yes, the happiest and most frigid bitch in the whole fortress.
Y u no give me kids, Crazy Cow? I thought you loved me!
Is it my mane? No wait, I think I know what's going on here.
It's the nerve damage isn't it. You don't love me now that I can't move my hips as sensually as I could before.

My female earth pony counterpart is turning out to be a right tough old bitch.

Goddamn right you are, and you'll get even tougher now that we have an armory, barracks and cold steel coming in shortly.
Your bucking and stabbing sprees are the start of something beautiful, Indigo.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:38 am »

Healing ponies, killing stuff, opening useful crates, and throwing parties.
That's the life of a butcher! ;D

And you know what? I'm happy with Maklak. I want lots and lots of foals with him!
Don't tell anypony this though. DON'T.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:05:16 am by P(ony)SI »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 24, 2012, 01:02:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't worry, I'm working on it. Just trying to get Lycaeon in bed so I can get myself a proper heir.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:33 am »

Healing ponies, killing stuff, opening useful crates, and throwing parties.
That's the life of a butcher! ;D

And you know what? I'm happy with Maklak. I want lots and lots of foals with him!
Don't tell anypony this though. DON'T.

That's the spirit!
See Crazy Cow, P(ony)SI is okay wit-

Don't worry, I'm working on it. Just trying to get Lycaeon in bed so I can get myself a proper heir.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 24, 2012, 01:17:49 am »

That's the spirit!
See Crazy Cow, P(ony)SI is okay wit-

-snip-
REPLICA!
Don't tell anypony that I-
*sees sad face* :(

(Yeah, I'm trying to do an in-character perspective)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 24, 2012, 08:55:41 am »

I liked your report a lot, Replica. I have a few comments:

That dream of yours sounds rather disturbing.

> Lycaeon getting angry and throwing Indigo out of the hospital for stealing soap.
Lol.

> The farmers were desperately needed
> More farms, 'cause farms are the best and I love farms and farms are great
 ??? I usually have massive food overproduction even with much smaller farm area than you. Still, it is very profitable to farm quarry bushes and you can use synth-reeds for oil, thread and synthcola anyway. Just... you know, you can stop farming for a while once you have thousands of food and drink.

> The fisherponies are a poor and unreliable source of food
Personally I don't even bother with them. They tend to go outside and attract the wildlife and I have lots of food anyway.

> Straw Styleclap, a pony with hunting labours enabled showed up in the wave, and immediately set about hunting the local black radscorpions
I've had the very same problem. BB guns are useless for hunting and nothing can be done about it. Now I pause when I see new migrants, go to Pony Therapist, read ponies, sort by migration wave, disable: hunting, trapping, fishing and bee-keeping and commit changes before all of them even show up on the map.

> It took him a couple of seasons to actually die, because that's how long it took for the black radscorpion to strangle his throat using his massive sharp pincers.
Heh, this probably means we could have taken the scorpions on. In my experience their most dangerous attack is their poison anyway.

> Maklak is wounded however, fortunately the wounds are minor and the worst thing he'll get out of it is a scar, presumably he'll be able to use it to his advantage when courting P(ony)SI, and scars also make good party talk.
Lol. Fun thing is, I have scars on my right hand from a dog bite. Yeah, many of my ponies have some scars or old wounds on them as well. Even my expedition leader is covered in scars.

> Which speaking of, immediately after Maklak recovered P(ony)SI threw Lemon's first party.
Lol. Thanks.  :D

> We greedily place this armor stand in Crazy Cow's bedroom for the moment, we still don't have a barracks for our squad so we might as well pamper her and keep her happy for now. 
Your ponies were trying to tell you something here. Loud and clear. And you still missed it. Just put that somewhere, make a room ad tell us to train there. You can relocate the barracks later.

> The pony "Death" which I have mentioned before gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby earth pony girl.
My Expedition leader is called "Dead". She isn't.

> Crates.
Do yourself a favour and do this now. Check what is the highest skill in mechanics in the outpost, and set that as the lowest acceptable at the Workbench and Supply Depot. Then update it from time to time. This will bump the quality of some items and will be of help.
Hopefully you'll get a pipbuck and a terminal soon.

I believe you now have enough ponies to give each of the main characters her own squad using that same weapon type. At the very least, sort all of us into squads by weapon type. 2 or 3 pony squads are preferable. How are we doing in terms of dodging, shield and armour use? What have we got in terms of armour? You're not having us run around and fighting things in clothes, are you?

> In weapon skills Maklak lies in the lead with 6 levels in axes followed by P(ony)SI 5, how he got this with only 4 kills is a mystery, but I don't question mysteries, I just accept them.
Well, you can go to the reports screen and see all those "hacks a dog with his hacksaw, bruising the bone." Or something. If you don't have barracks, this kind of weapon skill means he assisted in other ponies' kills.

> Archery Range
Only if you spam pellets. Since you have a lot of melee ponies, Shooting Range is not that essential. The fighters can hold the line, while BB ponies bruise and dent the skin, learning at a higher rate to boot.

> Gypsum Gunpowder Trade Agreement
Fixed that for you.

> Underground Pasture
Just tuck in the livestocks with all those chickens.
[Grumbles: Why can't chickens be war cave crocodiles?]

> Kennel for war dogs
In 31.11 you no longer need those. You set up a zone for pasture and animal training, go to Z->Animals and assign "Any trainer" and "War Training" where applicable. It is more micro-managy that just "Train War Animal" on repeat, but that's how it's done.

> More prepared meals in preparation for next caravan
AFAIK, Lavish meals work best in terms of everything. The stack size is combined from all four ingredients, each ingredient counts as a decoration with quality and the food itself has total quality. You'll get more value and need less space with lavish meals.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 210