Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472544 times)

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #840 on: December 24, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

Did you all grow up on DOS or something?
No, but a CLI appeals to me more than a GUI. For me, typing commands takes less time than clicking something.

You put thinks in me head that make it go goo.

...So you're saying that operation P(ony)SI_CLI.exe has crashed Indigo_Surprise_logic.exe?

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 24, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »

Indigo_Surprise has encountered an error and needs to be shut down.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:56 pm »

Indigo_Surprise has encountered an error and needs to be shut down.
*reboot*

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 24, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

Or maybe he is just being a silly unicorn filly who doesn't think straight, and considers anything that even remotely helps make the game more managable and less of an eye sore to be a cheat and all tileset/therapist users to be "dirty" and "impure".

I'm the only one here (it seems) that plays in ASCII. Make what you will of it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 24, 2012, 04:45:53 pm »

Or maybe he is just being a silly unicorn filly who doesn't think straight, and considers anything that even remotely helps make the game more managable and less of an eye sore to be a cheat and all tileset/therapist users to be "dirty" and "impure".

I would play in ASCII, but I dunno how.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 24, 2012, 04:50:25 pm »

I enjoy having as much information at my fingertips as possible, without outright cheating (DFHack or whatever it is). I need graphics and I need a spreadsheet.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 24, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »

What I make out of it is that you are like a stupid eagle.

You have amazing eyes that can read ASCII where my eyes roll back into their sockets and attempt to commit sepoku.
The stupidity lies in that you refuse to use DFtherapist, an incredibly user friendly and near vital tool that makes DF a googoplexonian times less tedious.

BUT WHATEVS, if you want to stroke your hand against a cheese grater while skiing down a rocky slope then you do that, ain't gonna judge you guys, it would be pretty fucking hypocritical considering my DFhack use.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 24, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »

I enjoy having as much information at my fingertips as possible, without outright cheating (DFHack or whatever it is). I need graphics and I need a spreadsheet.
I mean, I like graphics, but text-based interfaces are the most comfortable for me.

Replica, I don't get how something like adding a GUI makes DF "a googolplexonian times less tedious".

(A googolplex would be equivalent to 1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
To think about how massive that is, if you wrote down all the numbers starting from one edge of the universe to the opposite edge, and the numbers were the size of a Planck space, it still wouldn't fit in the universe.)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 24, 2012, 05:15:23 pm »

I mean, I like graphics, but text-based interfaces are the most comfortable for me.

Replica, I don't get how something like adding a GUI makes DF "a googolplexonian times less tedious".

(A googolplex would be equivalent to 1010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
To think about how massive that is, if you wrote down all the numbers starting from one edge of the universe to the opposite edge, and the numbers were the size of a Planck space, it still wouldn't fit in the universe.)

It wouldn't sound as dramatic if I said "DFTherapist makes the game significantly less tedious". :P

But for comparison here are what the two interfaces look like.

Spoiler: Vanilla Ingame (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Therapist (click to show/hide)

Just by looking at the options the two offer you get an idea what the big difference is and why I praise DFtherapist so much.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 24, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

I absolutely despise continually going through lists when I shouldn't even have to. Dwarf Therapist lets you see the skill levels of multiple creatures at once, arranged how you want.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 24, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

It wouldn't sound as dramatic if I said "DFTherapist makes the game significantly less tedious". :P

Just by looking at the options the two offer you get an idea what the big difference is and why I praise DFtherapist so much.
I'm being serious when I say that a text interface is faster AND easier for me than a graphical interface.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:23:40 pm by P(ony)SI »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 24, 2012, 05:30:49 pm »

I'm being serious when I say that a text interface is faster AND easier for me than a graphical interface.

Do you own a computer mouse?

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 24, 2012, 05:32:40 pm »

Do you own a computer mouse?

Yes.
As said before, I like graphics, but if I have to choose over a text-based interface over a graphical interface, I would choose the text-based one.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »

DF lets me change professions and see skills. I don't give a feth if there's a program that lets me do that more easily, tells me how much iron ore is on the map and gives me a blowjob at the same time; DF lets me do what I need to do, and that's good enough for me.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »

Really? You can disable all useless and dangerous labors from new migrants faster than I can with Dwarf Therapist?

DF lets me change professions and see skills. I don't give a feth if there's a program that lets me do that more easily, tells me how much iron ore is on the map and gives me a blowjob at the same time; DF lets me do what I need to do, and that's good enough for me.

HOW?! The vanilla UI is terrible. I'd have to sacrifice three virgins and chop the head off of a chicken to summon Satan to teach me to do that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:40:43 pm by Indigo_Surprise »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 210