Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472599 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #930 on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »

Is it a glowing reaver?  Do those even exist?  Either way, I'd put good odds on Cuddles against at least one squad of slavers.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 26, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

Is it a glowing reaver?  Do those even exist?  Either way, I'd put good odds on Cuddles against at least one squad of slavers.
Just a reaver, thankfuly :o. The stable with the Glowing One died a while ago, but I have a bit of a fondness for rabid undead ponies.

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 26, 2012, 02:42:42 pm »

Ghouls are colour-coded, they go from green through yellow to red. I've seen a few yellows and one red in the caverns, but given how much trouble I got from even the green ones, I didn't mess with the other colours.
How did you capture it? In a cage? Given how much Steel Rangers like to destroy buildings, if I had something like that, I'd leave them a little present, right next to my fortifications manned by rifleponies. It is one-use that way, but slaver ambushes aren't that hard anyway and 5-10 security can kill them with no losses.

Oh an by the way. I've sent this to Equestria Daily and Equestria Gaming. I hope nopony screams.

Hello,
I've occasionally run into people wanting a game of managing a pony settlement. There was even a post on Equestria Daily called "You are Princess Prince" a while a go and it got many answers. Dwarf Fortress is a game about building a town and repelling invasions, that is difficult to learn and even more difficult to master. There are several pony mods for it:

* Fallout Equestria http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0 It is still not feature-complete, but quite playable. Most of the good stuff comes from pre-war salvage, there are slavers and Steel Rangers and lots of other stuff. It seems, as of now, to be the best pony mod overall.

* Loosing is Magic http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0 This one strives to be somewhat show-accurate. It has apple industry, more crops than the base game, as well as cloud and rainbow factories. (No, not *that* kind of rainbow factory, the rainbows are made out of clouds.) At the moment it is somewhat buggy.

* Vadiku's Rampage http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95891.0 This is Pony hell and I wouldn't touch it myself.

* The first pony mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0 is now outdated and doesn't have cutie marks, but is still quite playable. Loosing is Magic is it's spiritual successor.

EDIT: Link to EQD: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/01/discussion-you-are-now-princessprince.html
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:20:58 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:11 pm »

Ghouls are colour-coded, they go from green through yellow to red. I've seen a few yellows and one red in the caverns, but given how much trouble I got from even the green ones, I didn't mess with the other colours.
How did you capture it? In a cage? Given how much Steel Rangers like to destroy buildings, if I had something like that, I'd leave them a little present, right next to my fortifications manned by rifleponies. It is one-use that way, but slaver ambushes aren't that hard anyway and 5-10 security can kill them with no losses.

Oh an by the way. I've sent this to Equestria Daily and Equestria Gaming. I hope nopony screams.

Hello,
I've occasionally run into people wanting a game of managing a pony settlement. There was even a post on Equestria Daily called "You are Princess Prince" a while a go and it got many answers. Dwarf Fortress is a game about building a town and repelling invasions, that is difficult to learn and even more difficult to master. There are several pony mods for it:

* Fallout Equestria http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0 It is still not feature-complete, but quite playable. Most of the good stuff comes from pre-war salvage, there are slavers and Steel Rangers and lots of other stuff. It seems, as of now, to be the best pony mod overall.

* Loosing is Magic http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.0 This one strives to be somewhat show-accurate. It has apple industry, more crops than the base game, as well as cloud and rainbow factories. (No, not *that* kind of rainbow factory, the rainbows are made out of clouds.) At the moment it is somewhat buggy.

* Vadiku's Rampage http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95891.0 This is Pony hell and I wouldn't touch it myself.

* The first pony mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0 is now outdated and doesn't have cutie marks, but is still quite playable. Loosing is Magic is it's spiritual successor.

The ghoul (and it is a reaver) was knocked into a pit made outside the fort, but eventualy walked into the chamber that was connected to said pit, which is now sealed.

Also, Vadiku's Rampage is a bit of a mixed bag. It uses stuff from the original mod, like the cave ponies, but there are also some nasty critters inspired by Project Horizons and stuff. There's also a working rainbow factory, yes, that one with all the pony-pressing, and there's some other horrors like timberwolves and fel stalkers. Also, Tyranids.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:13 pm »

Valikdu's Rampage was my faforite of the three before this came along; it's nice and grimdark and filled to the brim with shit that wants to kill you. The only problem I ever had with it was the fact that every update I needed to add caste tiles to everything to play properly ;P

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 26, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »

Hello,

Good call, Maklak.

I remember that You are a Prince/Princess game last year. I made three of those. A Tropico inspired banana republic, dwarven mountain ponies, and another I'm not even going to mention until the heat dies down, and only vaguely then. That game was fun, my sister came up with a sea pony kingdom and we got the idea in our heads that the Tropico ponies and sea pony kingdom would wage a muck war in the travel agencies of Equestria, each year the brochures would trash the other side progressively more and more. Good times, that.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:09 pm »

I doubt EQD will post it, they are pretty strict and uptight about submissions now a days.

Spoiler: Maklak (click to show/hide)

I'll drop this off here, was going to stick it in today's stable report 7 but I don't really feel like playing DF right now.
Apparently this is what P(ony)SI and Maklak look like in Lemon.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 26, 2012, 05:41:28 pm »

> The idea of wooden pellets isn't to use them as combat ammo, if I capture slavers, the last thing I'll want is my recruits shooting them in the head with steel BB pellets.
In my experience the pellets are already very weak and even with metal ones it takes 30+ hits to kill. If you still prefer wood, at least you'll get some use out of that legendary mooded woodcrafter.

Hmm... I had a problem with captured slavers a while ago. My solution was simple and efficient, but I do see the point of having a room with a hole in the roof to drop prisoners (building cage and linking to a lever is slow), and a 1 tile wide room above that, with fortifications. I have other projects to go first, though: magma factory and a pump operation gym to give everypony +150-300 in endurance and strength.

The picture is cute and I appreciate the effort. I might be able to do something like it in a few hours and drawing over somebody else's ponies, but I never bothered. They look happy. For reasons I don't want to say, but everyone can guess for themselves, I find the presence of that security baton somewhat disturbing.

I was thinking about sizes for creatures and came to 750 kg for Buffalo and just over 4 tonnes for a Cerberus. I assumed that ponies are 70 kg and multiplied that by the cube of the ratio of creature to pony size.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:44:13 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 26, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

> The idea of wooden pellets isn't to use them as combat ammo, if I capture slavers, the last thing I'll want is my recruits shooting them in the head with steel BB pellets.
In my experience the pellets are already very weak and even with metal ones it takes 30+ hits to kill. If you still prefer wood, at least you'll get some use out of that legendary mooded woodcrafter.

Hmm... I had a problem with captured slavers a while ago. My solution was simple and efficient, but I do see the point of having a room with a hole in the roof to drop prisoners (building cage and linking to a lever is slow), and a 1 tile wide room above that, with fortifications. I have other projects to go first, though: magma factory and a pump operation gym to give everypony +150-300 in endurance and strength.

The picture is cute and I appreciate the effort. I might be able to do something like it in a few hours and drawing over somebody else's ponies, but I never bothered. They look happy. For reasons I don't want to say, but everyone can guess for themselves, I find the presence of that security baton somewhat disturbing.

I'm more disturbed by the implications of the chainsaw.

Have another diary page.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:46:45 am by Indigo_Surprise »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 26, 2012, 06:14:09 pm »

I was thinking about sizes for creatures and came to 750 kg for Buffalo and just over 4 tonnes for a Cerberus. I assumed that ponies are 70 kg and multiplied that by the cube of the ratio of creature to pony size.

One must wonder if a Ursa is lighter than it appears, because of it being semi-transparent and clearly not entirely made of "normal" matter.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 26, 2012, 07:34:57 pm »

Thats sick you guys, it's just a chainsaw and a copper security baton.
You better take it elsewhere and leave the Bay 12 forums or I get angry and call you neckbeards about it.

Have another diary page.

[snip]

Strange format you decided to go with, but it was nice, still loving the gritty style.

>Hmm... I had a problem with captured slavers a while ago. My solution was simple and efficient, but I do see the point of having a room with a hole in the roof to drop prisoners (building cage and linking to a lever is slow), and a 1 tile wide room above that, with fortifications. I have other projects to go first, though: magma factory and a pump operation gym to give everypony +150-300 in endurance and strength.

No idea to which room you are referring to.
The hole in my meeting hall is a mystery, I don't remember channeling the meeting hall or why I did it, but it does give me an idea for something I could do with my aquifer now that I think about it.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2012, 07:38:44 pm »

Speaking of chain weapons, I can't make chainswords ;S
I have steel machetes, silver and copper chains and mechanisms, coiled wiring and charged spark batteries. I'm also incapable of making chainsaws, despite having hacksaws at hand. Anyone know what's going on? (The unicorn that made the one charged spark battery we have ended up unconscious, dizzy, nauseous and numb, and hasn't gotten better yet. Is this supposed to happen as some sort of mana drain?)

EDIT:
(He got better.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:55:57 pm by Crazy Cow »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 26, 2012, 07:46:28 pm »

What does this mean?

[REAGENT:D:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 26, 2012, 07:47:06 pm »

What does this mean?

[REAGENT:D:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

It requires a mechanism.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:49:43 pm by Crazy Cow »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 26, 2012, 08:17:57 pm »

Thats sick you guys, it's just a chainsaw and a copper security baton.
You better take it elsewhere and leave the Bay 12 forums or I get angry and call you neckbeards about it.
GRAH! 911 cancer Amanda Todd Kony 2012!

Have another diary page.

[snip]

Strange format you decided to go with, but it was nice, still loving the gritty style.

As gritty as the irradiated sand in your boots. I'm doing a legitimate fort report tonight. It'll be a combination of personal diaries and reports. Not the upcoming report, I'm presenting the fort through these diaries and soon to come reports.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:21:02 pm by Indigo_Surprise »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 210