Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472608 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #945 on: December 26, 2012, 08:23:46 pm »

I would prefer if even implied innuendos weren't made and lampooned, please. :( Let bygones be bygones and get on with actually important matters. Toeing the line in jest is still toeing the line, and I though I haven't forbidden passable content, I will if this continues.

Ghoul reavers aren't the unstoppable powerhouses of previous versions, but I'm sure they can destroy a slaver squad or two - they still need skilled steel-equipped soldiers to take down.

Though I didn't expect someone to submit the mod to EqD so early in its development, I've compensated in case it does happen to make it - there's now a tutorial section for DF in the first post. There would be pros and cons to an influx of new players, however unlikely, so I hope that makes enough of a precaution. I do appreciate the gesture however, so thanks Maklak. :)

Indigo, I find your fortress (It's not really a Stable, is it?) profiles quite the interesting read. Let's see if they manage to survive. :P

Crazy Cow, the reactions work, so it's possible that your workbench isn't close enough to one of the components (Likely the spark battery). Also, silver isn't considered a weapon class metal, so silver chains and mechanisms don't count. Charging up one spark battery knocks a unicorn out for about a week, as expected from the draining of that much energy.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:34:28 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 26, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »

Indigo, I find your fortress (It's not really a Stable, is it?) profiles quite the interesting read. Let's see if they manage to survive. :P

Oh no, it's a fort all right, technically outpost at the moment. They're part of a wasteland army, no Stable Tec affiliation whatsoever.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 26, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a universal stockpile literally three tiles away from my Workbench. It isn't an enormous deal; worst-case scenario is I just use the steel machetes instead of chainswords. It would be nice to figure this out, though ;S

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 26, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »

>Silver not weapons grade

Not sure if RAW complication or just misunderstanding

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »

Whoops! I forgot that copper isn't considered a weapon-class metal, as I thought it too brittle to be used for gunsmithing. You'll want iron, bronze, or steel. Sorry about that. In any case, chain weapons take their material from the chain used, not the hacksaw or machete.

Weapons-grade means it's allowed for use at the gunsmith's forge (To produce firearms and heavy weaponry) or the workbench (For chain weapons). The metalsmith's forge will still take DF vanilla weapon metals, though now that you've mentioned it, I really should remove silver as a weapon metal period.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 26, 2012, 09:00:03 pm »

Oh, okay! That's good to know ;P

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 26, 2012, 09:26:07 pm »

Kind of disappointed at how quickly things went downhill.

Glad to see the mods doing well with updates, can't wait for the next ministry arc!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 26, 2012, 11:00:09 pm »

That report I said was coming? Nope. Took some weights to the eyes. Need sleep.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 26, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »

Got some steel chains and bronze mechanisms out, and I can indeed make chainswords now. Might want to mention that somewhere in the OP, Lycaeon ;P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 26, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »

Alright, I am getting sick and tired of this TV logic.
It's funny to joke about ultraviolence, but completely taboo to imply anything remotely sexually related? On the internet? In Bay 12 of all places?

Sounds legit.

By request then there will be no more shenanigans of that sort, nothing, nada, niente, ingenting.
Any jokes from other users will just be ignored, Crazy Cow is free from my jabs.

I just can't believe how strongly everyone feel about it, it's like talking about the holocaust, "Mm, uh oh, nuh-huh".
I am incredibly disappointed at how ridiculously hurt everyone got over something so trivial as light hearted joking, even when it is kept within forum guidelines.
So it is time to move on from it, all of you (even you Lyc, seriously, it's great to show some consideration like you do and not be entirely blunt about it, but we get the message).

But I digress, here is tonight's report.

Spoiler: Lemon Stable Report 7 (click to show/hide)

Now, I am going to round up all my reports (and perhaps Maklaks and the others) and gather them all up in one post for easy access.
Sick of backtracking through a page of hurr durring and nitpicking on something that happened days ago to find my last report every time I post this.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:12 am »

> Have another diary page.
The back-stories are entertaining, but the text is malformed. It would be easier to read if each pony had a list of name, CM and so on, separated by enters and after that a paragraph or two of text. Then an empty line.

> > Hmm... I had a problem with captured slavers a while ago. My solution was simple and efficient, but I do see the point of having a room with a hole in the roof to drop prisoners
> No idea to which room you are referring to.
I was referring to a room in my head. A design I came up with for prisoners is a 2 z-level deep room, with the upper part having a shooting galley behind fortifications and everything having enough bridges to make it safe.

I'm pretty sure, I've seen a copper chainsaw, so it is counter-intuitive that we can't make those. Not that I would want to anyway.

> The unicorn that made the one charged spark battery we have ended up unconscious, dizzy, nauseous and numb, and hasn't gotten better yet. Is this supposed to happen as some sort of mana drain?
It was discussed in this thread. I proposed a Flux Converter as a short-cut until you get Prismatic Battery Charger (or whatever it is called). Flux Converters were never meant to replace those, just provide an alternative if someone doesn't luck out on Power Talismans. Unicorns getting tired and EPs outright dying (I think) was Lycaeon's way of limiting this workshop's effectiveness. Charging a few batteries is doable if you need them badly, but for anything more you want Prismatic Charger. I don't know if it works that way yet, but another idea was that the rare masters in any school of magic will be less tired by charging a battery than an average Unicorn. Actually, make that a progression with Apprentices, Adepts and Masters each recovering faster, while the Magic Master can do this all day.

> I just can't believe how strongly everyone feel about it, it's like talking about the holocaust, "Mm, uh oh, nuh-huh".
Funny you should mention that. I got muted on bay12 for talking about history revisionism.
BTW, I'm a member of a pony forum that has very strict rules, including no gore, no clop, no wars and so on. While I got to about 40% warnings and think the moderators exaggerate, I appreciate that these rules keep that forum relatively clean of bad stuff.

Maybe I should apologise for that joke... nah, nevermind. I just don't want to discourage Replica from making more coloured drawings.

> The idea of saving extra steel pellets seemed pretty sound to me
Well, you could always assign only wooden pellets to your BB squad and hunters. I gave them bone and while they use up the metal ones they have, they only pick new ones made out of bone. That said, I don't really think metal pellets are worth saving. I just want to get rid of bone first, since it has smaller stacks. Oh and looking at Your ammo stocks, you only have metal ones left anyway. In any case, it will help just a bit.

> I check to see if the depot is still accessible and find that a tree has actually grown up right by the entrance, which blocked the path to the map edge, the tree is cut down. The problem was not related to my bridges from what I gathered.
I build 3-wide roads to prevent the tree problem.

It is strange that I had a few scorpions in Ponderplanned, but don't remember them as anything more than pests. The rest of you seem to hate them about as much as I do feral pegasus ghouls.

> AMR snipers
At the moment, I'm leaning towards giving them hunting rifles for starters, then upgrading them.

Do you have your rifle squad only do the shooting range or do they train in the barracks as well?

That's a lot of unopened boxes.

Overall you rather lucked out on salvage. You have the essential things.

> Now, I am going to round up all my reports (and perhaps Maklaks and the others) and gather them all up in one post for easy access.
I've already linked mine with <--Previous and Next --> but a master list might be an even better idea. When I wanted to check my character in your stable, searching this thread for "Lemon" did the trick.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 27, 2012, 03:40:43 am »

Index of Stable Reports
(Updates gradually as thread is monitored)

Index thread linking to all stable reports since page 1.

If you have suggestions as how to improve the post, wish to point out a missing report/report that doesn't fit, or anything post related let me know.

Note 1: Not all stable reports are long, some are short and mention only a tidbit of something, others are in diary/narration format.
There is no biasing here, I've linked to anything that remotely looks like a stable report or part of it, any post in which a player mentions an event or his/her progress.
Posts that do not at least partly pertain to the progress of an ingame stable are not linked.
Everyone can post stable reports, and everyone who do will be linked from this post whether they like it or not.

Note 2: Question marks mean that the name of the stable is not known or mentioned (or that I missed it when scouring through the 64+ pages of the thread).
If you recognize your own post/report feel free to give me the name if you remember it.

Note 3: "Single Entry" means that there is no followup.
Stables with more than one entry are marked "Entry 1", "Entry 2," etc.

Note 4: You may link to reports posted in other threads, or other forums even, as long as they are some type of "stable report".
Those will not be searched for by me however, only posts in this thread are added automatically, you'll have to link outside threads and posts to me yourself.

Maklak:

Ponderplanned - v0.88 (Longer entries)
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5
Entry 6
Entry 7
Entry 8
Entry 9
Entry 10
Entry 11
Entry 12
Entry 13
Entry 14
Entry 15
Entry 16
Entry 17
Entry 18

??? - 0.95
Single Entry

Callgrow? - 0.30 (Longer entries)
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5

Replica:

??? - v0.88
Single Entry
Single Entry

Musicalgrotto - v0.88
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4

Lemon - v0.92 (Longer entries)
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5
Entry 6
Entry 7
Entry 8
Entry 9
Entry 10
Entry 11

Pineapple - v0.95 (Community stable)(Different thread)(Longer entries)(Ended)
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5
Entry 6
Entry 7
Entry 8
Entry 9

Orange - v0.30 (Community stable)(Different thread)(Longer entries)
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5

Indigo_Surprise:

Bottledlust - v0.92(?)
Entry 1
Entry 2

Pine - v0.92
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3

Jacob/Lee:

??? - v0.88
Single Entry

Crazy Cow:

??? - v0.88
Entry 1
Entry 2

Gleeflickered - v0.88
Single Entry

Cradleworth - v0.92
Entry 1
Entry 2

Shieldsparkle - v0.98
Single Entry

Bacon Pants:

??? - v0.88
Single Entry

Pokon:

??? - v0.88
Single Entry

ender1200:

??? - v0.88
Single Entry

gzoker:

The Sister Tower - v0.95
Single Entry

Bookfort - v0.98
Entry 1
Entry 2
Entry 3
Entry 4
Entry 5

tahujdt:

Talltower - v.95 (Different Thread)
Succesion Stable Thread (Ended)

Atomic:

Violencepage - v0.98?
Single Entry

Treason:

Glenslide - v0.30
Single Entry

Ancientbath the Brightness of Hope - v0.30
Single Entry

Lightningdear v0.30
Single Entry

Artstuff removed
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:28:33 am by Replica »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 27, 2012, 03:53:29 am »

Spoiler: Maklak (click to show/hide)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 27, 2012, 04:11:17 am »

I've added the Stable Index to the front page under the much belated Testimonials section. The effort is very much appreciated Replica...thank you. :)

Maklak: Haven't implemented different drain rates for magically talented unicorns yet, but I've noted your recommendations.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 27, 2012, 04:27:40 am »

My 0.88 stable is called Ponderplanned.

> My rifleponies are geared with BB guns and train both in the barracks and the archery range. This is because of issues when not assigning a "home" barracks where they can peform non-archery practice.
I wasn't aware of any such issues, but I have mine train in the barracks anyway, because I want them to gain at least some defensive skills.

> I can't believe you have done 17 of those long reports, and how incredibly outdated your game version is.
Your first entry goes all the way back to page 19.
This is just my third serious fort since 2010. A several day test of wheelbarrows in 34.11 and loading other people's saves don't count. I usually don't jump to a new DF version as soon as it updates. I prefer to get to the endgame and play it until the inevitable FPS death. This is also my first serious game with a mod, previously I was just a part of a community fort with MLP mod 1.71 for 31.25. I am slow like that.

I'm impressed by the effort it must have took you to put this list together and it is good that it got linked in the first post.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 210