Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477103 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout Equestria: v0.92 beta (Phoebus Graphics)
« Reply #1020 on: December 29, 2012, 02:27:43 am »

HOLY CHRIST
That's 200 attacks with a steel grade weapon material in one tick for a trap loaded with just 10 of those!
No wonder you added trapavoid to many of the creatures, that is just insane!
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 29, 2012, 02:30:53 am »

HOLY CHRIST
That's 200 attacks with a steel grade weapon material in one tick for a trap loaded with just 10 of those!
No wonder you added trapavoid to many of the creatures, that is just insane!
Exactly, that's why the Elder wants us gone. Such weaponry is DANGEROUS in the hooves of ponies.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 29, 2012, 02:32:10 am »

I don't have the time to write much right now, but I'm still watching the thread. Replica's report was entertaining, if lengthy.

Since Serrated Disks and Spiked Balls have 3 hits, 20 hits is something of an overkill. Granted, those hits are just small cuts, but they can still chop a radscorpion to pieces.

On the subject of Cyberponies, like I mentioned, Master Red Eye said that one problem with them is that if you take some slave's brain and put it into a killing machine, it may want to enact some kind of revenge. I'd therefore like to be some chance for things to spin out of control, just like with defective AIs.

I was thinking about plasteel plates and I don't really see an in-fluff reason for them to exist, if their only use is smelting them down. Sompeopny made them in the first place for a reason. An in-crunch reason could be to force the player to build a prismatic smelter and a prismatic forge ho handle Plasteel. Maybe there could be some other way to handle this or a use for plasteel plates in upgrading robots or cyberponies. Either way, it is just a minor grievance. However... well, I just never saw plasteel in any FoE fiction and I think introducing it was a mistake in the first place.

On an unrelated note, I think the TRAPAVOID should be split into separate tags for cage and weapon traps. 
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 29, 2012, 03:08:08 am »

Steel doesn't leave "small cuts", steel leaves deep gashes gushing with blood.
200 attacks is a goddamned meat grinder.

Quote from: Wiki
Web or loss of consciousness

Trapavoiders become vulnerable to traditional traps when they are webbed or unconscious. One can take advantage of this, usually to cage the uncageable, by building traps in a silk farm or by building a constructed floor on top of a support and surrounding the area under it with traditional traps-- what is known as a cave-in trap.

UN-LIMITED... POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 29, 2012, 03:20:14 am »

On the subject of Cyberponies, like I mentioned, Master Red Eye said that one problem with them is that if you take some slave's brain and put it into a killing machine, it may want to enact some kind of revenge.

I read that differently than you. I forget where it was, but it read to me like if the pony was allowed to fully control the machine it would enact revenge, but instead the brain is used for computing and an AI takes care of targeting and everything else.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 29, 2012, 03:38:33 am »

Indigo_Surprise, you've read correctly. I just twisted his words for !fun!

Replica, you've just given me an idea for a fall trap with cages at the bottom. Other then that, just post rifleponies on the wall, put some cage and weapon traps around and hope for the best, but that's dangerous for my own ponies too, if they were to engage the Rangers in the wrong spot. But then if they do, they'll likely die anyway.

> Steel doesn't leave "small cuts", steel leaves deep gashes gushing with blood.
Judging by the edge size on barbed wire, those cuts are small.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 29, 2012, 04:10:37 am »

>> Steel doesn't leave "small cuts", steel leaves deep gashes gushing with blood.
>Judging by the edge size on barbed wire, those cuts are small.

Mak.
Maky Mak.
Maky boy.
By fellow player and Overseer.

If I cut you once in the arm with a steel blade I'll leave a cut, right?
Not that bad, you'll probably still be able to shoot a gun or swing a weapon with that arm.
But if I cut you 200 times, in 1 second...

And then, it's not really a blade either, it's a tiny ultra sharp barbed string.
If you swing your arm at a string like that you'll probably slice it clean off.

This video pretty much shows that ONE barbed steel wire trap would do, link.
Imagine 10 barbed steel wires.

Lycaeon, milord, if you don't mind me asking, what is the status on the next version?

Just wondering because of that community fort I wanted to run, figured I'd do it now that I still have one spare week to go before school starts again.

Nevermind, I backtracked a few posts and saw "Sunday", so either sunday or sometime next week. Perfect. :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:57:47 am by Replica »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:48 am »

My wasn't that wonderful fuel for my dreams/nightmares.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 29, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

That was nice.

Anyways, a question. How effective are combat pistols (small caliber ammunition) against ghouls and glowing ghouls?
I'm planning on rising a certain Stable from the dead, one that has no trees to make combat rifles or anti-machine rifles, so I want to make sure that I won't screw myself over again.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 29, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »

I won't comment on the stuff from earlier. I doesn't even matter that much.

The way I see it, barbed wire was supposed to cause lots of small cuts. It hits 20 times with [ATTACK:EDGE:10:100:cut:cuts:NO_SUB:10]. I can't find it now, but this is actually a piercing attack, which is effective against armour. I believe that changing this to [ATTACK:EDGE:30:100:cut:cuts:NO_SUB:10] or even [ATTACK:EDGE:50:100:cut:cuts:NO_SUB:10] will make the attacks edged instead of piercing and nerf barbed wire by a lot, especially against armour. I can't find a link that would confirm it, ATM.

> Anyways, a question. How effective are combat pistols (small caliber ammunition) against ghouls and glowing ghouls?
Ghouls don't feel pain and bullets just wound them and aren't that effective. You'll do more damage than with BBs and having some fire support is good, but to kill ghouls you want to have melee ponies.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:23:33 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 29, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

>> Anyways, a question. How effective are combat pistols (small caliber ammunition) against ghouls and glowing ghouls?
> Ghouls don't feel pain and bullets just wound them and aren't that effective. You'll do more damage that with BBs and having some fire support is good, but to kill ghouls you want to have melee ponies.

I'm not worried about them not feeling pain. The main post says something to the effect of "Glowing ghouls are lethal in melee", so I was hoping combat pistols would be able to at least go through a glowing ghoul to damage their legs and cause brain injuries.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 29, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

I'm not worried about them not feeling pain. The main post says something to the effect of "Glowing ghouls are lethal in melee", so I was hoping combat pistols would be able to at least go through a glowing ghoul to damage their legs and cause brain injuries.

Do you, by perchance, have a Turret? Any sort of suppressive fire will chase away those nasty ghoulies. Also, Glowing Ones irradiate ponies that come within melee range, which means lots of vomiting and general disgustingness.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 29, 2012, 04:00:27 pm »

Do you, by perchance, have a Turret? Any sort of suppressive fire will chase away those nasty ghoulies. Also, Glowing Ones irradiate ponies that come within melee range, which means lots of vomiting and general disgustingness.

Turrets chase away ghouls? Interesting. How many turrets should I get?
Vomiting and general disgustingness isn't it. They give huge drops in all of the combat-centered attributes, which worries me.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:30 pm »

Have some garbage you guys.
First signs of trouble are showing up, I give it 5, tops 8 more reports before doomsday.

Spoiler: Lemon Stable Report 10 (click to show/hide)

Turrets chase away ghouls? Interesting. How many turrets should I get?

Hundreds of billions of turrets.
Because turrets don't chase away ghouls, pretty sure that ghouls have NO_FEAR and LIKES_FIGHTING.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:10:36 pm by Replica »

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 29, 2012, 04:19:28 pm »

Beginning of the end? Ha! The slavers and Steel Rangers only wish they could significantly harm the Stable of Lemon!
Make sure to savescum. If you've already done it, why can't you do it again? :P
Lycaeon is one unlucky pony, always getting wounded. :-\

Also, not sure if you've noticed, but I replied to dat PM.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 210