Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478336 times)

ender1200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1155 on: January 04, 2013, 03:24:20 am »

Hey Long time no see. What did i miss? (Read throgh the archive) ...well, nevermind.

I was too buessy the last couple of weaks to really play DF, and i won't really have the time to do so soon, but once i get some free time ill come back with feedback and maybe even some stable reports.
I see that you are finlay getting in to the ministry of peace arc.
considering that this is a DF mod and so buffing the world of a wide verity of realistic wildlife is a good thing, and that we are sorely serching for animals that don't eat ponies, i would offer these two wikipedia entries for sources for animals:
List of animals in the Mojave Desert
and: chernobyl disaster effacts on natural life

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 04, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »

One note: I cannot help but wish for one version of the mod to be called "Slaves and Crystals". It seems fitting. :P

The ASCII version is up. It's an improvement over the prototype, but do let me know if there are any issues. :)

In other news, the next update will be centered on wildlife, from benign critters such as molerats to megabeasts like the star-spawn. Crops are also due for an overhaul in preparation for the Ministry of Peace drug system. I'm open to suggestions for new creatures (Primarily FoE-related, but I'll accept Fallout 3 as well) as well as other things you would like to see. The following are already on the list:

Bloodwings
Floaters
Taint abominations
Giant radigators
Balefire phoenixes
Nightstalkers
Molerats
Gecko
Chimera
Changelings
Manticore
Star-Spawn

Edit: Zebio: Yes, most of these came from the FoE wiki.

Creatures:

Biome-bound ghoul variations, IE Buffalo ghouls for deserts, Griffon ghouls for mountions, donkey ghouls for swamps, and Crystal Pony ghouls for the frozen north. Also, necromantic dragons, baby or otherwise, for evil biomes.

Necrosprites: Parasprites, but undead. Come in huge swarms in evil biomes, are a genuine threat thanks to being very fast and bite-y.

Bale Hound: They say that canines were resistant to radiation, and thats why they thrived after the death of there supposed masters. However, in dark places, dead dogs still walk the earth, now mostly leathery flesh and teeth and hate. Some say some horrid individuals are larger than others and still burn with balefire, but that's just a post-urben legend, right?

Screecher: Equestria never had a large feral cat population. To many creatures already lurked in there prime habitates, and the development of guns hardly helped. Now, however, thanks to a bit of genetic experimenting there and a bit of Flux here, the decendents of these disinfranchized felines have inhanced natural weapons and the ability to "screech" there prey into disoriantation. Luckaly, they are found only in forests.

Insane/Mutated pony: The wasteland is filled with the mentaly ill, but some are more mentaly ill than others. To crazy to be accepted in a Wastelander village and not crazy enough to end up a raider, these poor souls wander the wasteland. Some are paranoid wrecks that flee from the slightest noise while others are wild, animalistic frenziers who tears anything in sight in limb by limb. You might wish to caputure these poor souls and rehabilitate them, or you might find it fit to shoot them on sight.

Mutated ponies are often born in the places the bombs struck, and are horrible monsters. Often born without the ability to feel pain and often have a fleshy appendage or two growing somewhere it shouldent, they are often shot on sight. Beware the mutant, for those who are too far gone are little more than pony-shaped incarnations of the horrors of taint.

Zebra Robots: This might need a little work. Project Horizons mentioned some "Hunter-Stalkers" or somesuch that resembled Manticores, and the zebras, if we go by that, had cybernetic solders that were the result of cloning that are apparently still around to fight to the present day. There probably a thing of minor importance, but it would spice up the desert regions if there were "wild" robots that resemble varying wildlife. Feasably, they could be tamable.
(Bulky river-patroling Hippo-things? Giraffe-like constructs originaly used to assist in agriculture? Elephantine war robots with a set of cannon-tusks? One could go on.)

Semimegabeasts:

"True" Chimera: No one knows if this creature is the result of genetic mishaps or not, but few want to know in any case. A brutal creature with the heads of a goat, lion, dragon, and some say even a snake, they are brutal foes, able to unleash gouts of flame and poison unto those foolish enough to try to stop it and many of it's natural attacks are full of a horrible toxin. While they do not have any apparent connection with the creatures also known as "Chimera", the common line of thought is that they are some horribly mutated branch of those creatures or are created in the same way.

Balefire Drake: Many dragons slept during the end of the world. Some were changed, and these are the ones that were are talking about now.
Ranging from little bigger than a cow to the size of a house, these horrors are akin to other dragonic-derived creatures in that they are born from magicly effected dragon eggs. In this case, there generaly resemble corpselike dragons with glowing flesh and broken, sharp claws. The real danger is that they breath irradiated dragonfire.

And no, the rumurs that they hatch from balefire eggs is false. They hatch from regular dragon eggs, which are unfortnatly more plentiful.

Ultra-Sentinal: Heavy-duty cannons, huge, and a hate for life in general. No, it's not a Steel Ranger, it's worse. For under it's chasse of metal lies nothing but more metal. Did I mention the cannons and the hatred of all life?

Megabeasts:

Cyberdragon: Because the wasteland hates you. Not just your fort, but you in general.

Shade Abomination: Some say that the most horrible example of necromantic power lies in Canterlot. Others just sigh and agree. However, when you get the right old stallion drunken enough, sometimes he shivers and points his hoof north. To be exact, the frozen north.
Sometimes, when zebras are involved, death can die. While these semi-solid clouds of irradiated smoke and jagged crystals are probably not manifestations of Sombra, they are certiantly able to deal death. Some just claim that these creatures are just overpowered ghouls akin to the legendary Buring Ones of Hoofington, but others say that there is nothing under that cloud of semi-solid smoke then a set of crystal bones, eternaly ablaze with the fires of Tartarus and laughing as the sluagh away the flesh of ponykind with foul heat and nightmarish spells. Usualy, the bar closes before much more information could be get out of eyewitnessess, but the fact that these creatures do leave the north means that more information will probably be gained.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:14:42 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 04, 2013, 04:42:11 pm »

Lots of great ideas here; I''ll definitely be implementing some of them. :)

Mercs: They can work, in the manner of the current slave ponies, but it'll be a bit complicated so I'll look at them later.

Wanamingos: Sorry, but they weren't really mentioned anywhere in FoE, and the irradiated changelings as a subterranean hive creature fill a similar role.

Biome-bound ghoul variations, Ultra-Sentinals, Cyberdragons, and some of the other suggested creatures in particular have been added to the list.

“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 04, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »

Hmm, maybe some poison joke infected creatures? Combined with the bombs "radiation" They turned fluttershy into a tree, what other sort of nasty, monstrous things could they potentially make? Not to mention radiated poison joke alone by itself could potentially mutate into something interesting.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 04, 2013, 05:20:36 pm »

Lycaeon: Glad to know! I had fun with some of them, and things like the Bale Hounds are just things that came to my head. Shame that the name "Hellhound" was already taken. :P

ZebioLizard2: Killing Joke would be hard to impliment, possibly harder than it's "normal" cousin. I would'nt bother with it, considering that there are already plant monsters planned for good (Everfree) biomes and theres enough things in there to screw with players.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:23:33 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 04, 2013, 05:55:27 pm »

True enough I suppose, was mostly just wondering.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 05, 2013, 01:38:25 am »

Just went over the RAWs for 0.95. I have lots of criticism, but I mean no malice. I simply propose improvements.

Lol, a pony doesn't have a lower body. Well, I guess it makes pants obsolete :P

I find it funny how all the robot parts are renamed. I think "camera" would sound better than "sensor lens".

Lol, there are Albatrosses and Penguins in their respective biomes. 

Feral ghoul reavers have Willpower always at maximum and NOPAIN. This is strange, there should be some variation for all creatures, even if just 4-5k.

creature_equestria_herbivores.txt: There is elk, but no moose. In any case, good to know, there are some herbivores. Oh, and no bunnies too. You know, to lighten things up. (That was a joke, referencing Mass Effect.) Ah, never mind; we have rabbits, except they have CHILD:1 which doesn't seem right.

Huh, GCS not only can't be tamed, but is immune to magic as well. It got seriously buffed.

> [Bloatsprite] often serves as popular target practice for bored wastelanders.
Lol. And not a good one as that, they are so fast that melee ponies can't keep up and so manoeuvrable that they get out of the bullet's path before it reaches them. Looking over that sentence again, I'd either cut out redundant "popular" or change it to "a popular".

Huh, The giant Radscorpion is immune to magic, immune to fire and weights 400 kg. This is almost as fearsome as a Minotaur. It also reminds me of a cart crab from UFO:Aftermath. (That was a joke.)

Sprite-bots have no variation in their stats whatsoever. Well, some should be less deteriorated and work better than others, even if the variation was +-20% but OK.

Hey, we got armoured sprite-bots. Their PETVALUE should be much above the basic model, but otherwise I like it. They will probably still loose all kinds of wings and antennas in combat, but at least they'll last that much longer. Due to their increased weight, they should also have higher SPEED or lower AGILITY.

Maybe the exploding sprite-bots should have a higher PETVALUE as well. I'll need to see how they work. If is just homes in on the toughest thing in sight and sets the area around it on fire, I'll be somewhat disappointed and opt for the armoured model. By the looks of that interaction, it seems to be firing something at the enemy.

Shouldn't all robots be immune to fire? Maybe just some of them? Or do they resist simply because they're made of steel?

Protectorpony has 3 interactions to fire lasers, with 300 TUs wait period. I don't understand why not simply 1 every 100 seconds, but it does explain why it fires in bursts and why it still engages in melee. It simply does not understand that what it does is a ranged attack. Ah, it has one pistol in the head and two external. Makes sense now.

Maybe toughness of Steel-plated robots should be increased.

Normal version of Protectorpony has Ranged Combat 4, Throw 4, Situational Awareness 0 and fires trice every 300 TUs. The enemy version has Ranged Combat 8, Throw 8, Awareness 4 and fires trice each 100, which is about as fast as 3 skilled gunners. The upgraded version has Ranged 6, Throw 6, Awareness 2 and fires trice each 200 TUs. I was wondering why this is so, but it probably reflects that the "savage" versions were military and stable workshops can't match them.

Wasn't the Armoured Protectorpony supposed to use a plasma caster for one of it's weapons?

Ah, so the manufactured and upgraded versions aren't the same. Manufactured ones have miniguns. Hm, and the minigun version doesn't have any other ranged attacks, which makes it less suitable for scaring things away from a distance. 

If Mr. Hooves has 4 Axe, then all versions of Protectorpony should have natural skill in kicking or something.

How come a Protectorpony has more Agility than a Mr Hooves?

Mr Macintosh looks good... oh, a flamethrower. Nevermind then. I'd rather not have it torch my ponies because of a buzzard or something like that. Well, at least the hostile versions don't have flamethrowers.

Robobrains' skills don't look that great compared to other robots, but I assume CAN_LEARN and SLOW_LEARNER let it improve over time, if it survives long enough. We get the minigun version, not a plasma caster one. On the bright side, it's minigun has range 20 instead of 10. I'd rather it had some backup weapon, but I'll take it. It shouldn't have 1500 agility, though. Not with a chassis on tracks. Overall this doesn't look that great, considering the trouble of keeping unrehabilitated slaves around.
Someone should definitely test pasturing robobrains in a danger room (made of plywood training spears). With any luck, they'll get dodge and some melee skills.
I thought they should be INTELLIGENT, but the wiki says CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK are sufficient.
Maybe the robots should have NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST and NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN.

I think cyberdogs and robobrains could use [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1].

Sprite-bots have 1000 Agility, while bigger, slower robots have more. This shouldn't be so.

Necromatic Sprite-bot lacks it's laser pistol.

Do various types of offensive interactions interfere with each other? If so, it may be prudent to limit the number of spells known to my ponies to just 2 or 3 best ones they can have.

Is there a problem in how various interactions work with each other? For example what happens when a pony feels a surge of adrenaline and activates SATS? Or when a mage casts two spells with similar effects, but varying power on the same target?

Wow, a basic turret fires every 30 TUs. That's quite a machinegun. I've noticed it fires quickly in combat. Too bad, it hardly ever seems to hit anything.

Flamethrower turret fires quickly too. Same with rocket turret. They fire faster than marksponies.

The cyberdogs look very promising, but I disagree with NOBREATHE. They can even be trained for war, but will not learn, contrary to robobrains.

Griffins have Natural Skill 8 in most kinds of fighting, while 5 in Dodge. You have got to be kidding me. They weight 175 kg. BTW, I like Griffin / Griffins, while you use Griffon / Griggons. Both forms are correct and we're both consistent, so OK.

"laughter" -> "cheerful nature".

"Likes ponies for their [PREFSTRING:enticing hindquarters]" *Snort*

"She has an architectural mind that would rival the likes of Buckminster Fuller." I don't quite get the joke, but my description would be much less imaginative. "She is skilled at designing buildings."

"She can direct a morter strike with extraordinary precision." I think you meant "mortar".

"Only after accomplishing something of note such as a masterwork creation can she be allowed to enter military service and other higher responsibilities." I thought this required an artefact, not a mere masterwork.

Personally, I'd merge carpenter and woodcarver CMs. There isn't any use for woodcarving anyway. Or at least, give them synergies.

"In her eyes gems are the most beautiful objects a pony can devote herself to." I think there should be a comma after "eyes". 

"A master alchemist, she possesses a fundamental understanding of alteration magic and its ties to the changing nature of the reality." Just "reality", without "the".

Creativity, Intuition, Linguistic Ability and Social Awareness do not rust for ponies. I'll take them, I guess. They mean more interesting decorations and faster learning of social skills, which makes more friends.

Ponies have lots of skill rate adjustments in the 80-120 range, mainly for social skills. I can't say I agree with all of them, especially [SKILL_RATE:INTIMIDATION:110:8:18:36], which is uniform across all nations and races.

Huh, it would seem that almost no attributes rust for Earth Ponies.

Hm, EPs have most military skill rates at 80%, while ponies in general have Armour User at 100%. There is a lack of consistency in skill rates. For example EPs have Clothesmaking 35, which, looking at the other numbers, I think is a typo and should be 85%. No other skill goes below 50% and I don't really see much of a pattern here. The old pony mod had those things consistently at 80% or 130% or whatever, here the numbers just look confusing and eclectic.

Unicorns don't even keep their skill rates to increments of 5. They have fighting skills at 104, which, in addition to their shield wall, makes them much better suited for the military. But then they are better suited for almost all labours where skill matters. They even have 124 for Shield, as if they needed it. I don't believe it even matters, weather a pony has 98, 100 or 101 learning rate; it is just confusing, so just round them to the nearest 5 or 10. 

EPs have Diagnose 110, and UPs 80. It is counter-intuitive, but well, there is often somepony with a medical CM in a stable anyway.

EPs are slightly faster and may have higher agility. OK, is legit.

The skill rates should be made into a google spreadsheet and posted as a link in the main post, because the rates matter a lot here and they aren't easy to guess.

Ah, so "skimrisher" is "wrestler". Mystery solved.

Oh, wow. CMs bring up some learning rates by 240 up to 300, which is about three times what other ponies get. No wonder, experts have such fast advancements in their fields. Too bad, I don't have this info in one place. It would help to decide on labour assignments. Pony Therapist takes stats into consideration, but seems to ignore skill rates ATM.

I would prefer to have more secondary skills. For example a cheesemaker doesn't even have milking or cooking. Soldier CMs only have 1 or 2 weapon skills and Fighter buffed to 240%. It would be convenient for them to be somewhat better than the average pony at using all weapons and they definitely should learn things like Dodge, Kick, Armour Use and Shield Use faster.

VIEWRANGE:60 This must be what makes snipers so effective.

Huh, some CMs denote supremely powerful individuals. There should at least be a list for those, just as there is for magic cMs. They even are Antimagic Adepts and have VIEWRANGE of a sniper.

In general, while the CM system is quite an accomplishment as it is, I think it needs an overhaul.

Raiders have [SKILL_RATE:INTIMIDATION:110:8:18:36], same as normal ponies. I would expect them to be better at it. But then, it doesn't really matter.

Oh wow, crazed raiders have blood that spreads their disease to other ponies.

Ah, so only rocket Steel Rangers are building destroyers now.

SRs have natural skill 5 at all kinds of weapons and 8 at shooting and armour use.

Their miniguns and rocket launchers have cooldown of 800 TUs, while everyone else has 600 TUs. This shouldn't be so, I think. Well, unless in this case 800 is actually better, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

SRs have [TRAPAVOID][FIREIMMUNE][WEBIMMUNE] [NOBREATHE] [CREATURE_CLASS:ANTIMAGIC_APPRENTICE] OK, nothing short of menacing spikes, dodge-me traps with turrets behind fortifications and magma works against these guys, as far as static defences go. Or just lock them in a snaking path for a few seasons, then let them go.

Their Strength, Toughness and Endurance are not only beyond the range of what should be possible for a normal pony, but they have no variation here whatsoever. It may be justifiable with robots, but SRs are living ponies. I also think you did the wrong thing here for another reason. The PA potion multiplies things by 2.5, so just take the attribute ranges for EPs, multiply by 2.5 and cap at 5k. Problem solved.

I like to separate SRs into:
Palladins - EPs, heavy infantry, power armour.
Knights - UPs, magic support, combat armour. (Rare)
Scribes - UPs, workers / sciencetists / administrators, etc. Robes.
FoE and Fallout cannons are rather vague in this separation and hierarchies. I think Knight for soldier and Palladin for Lord is closer to FoE cannon than how I like to divide them. Still, I liked that part of Fallout: Tactics.

I think SRs should get military versions of robots as pets and sometimes bring them to the battlefields.

Slaves have [WAGON_PULLER]. Lol, I've noticed.

Even slaves have [SKILL_RATE:INTIMIDATION:110:8:18:36]. Well, I guess it works on slaves lower in the pecking order.

Slavers also have [SKILL_RATE:INTIMIDATION:110:8:18:36], even though they should be pretty good at it.

Dragons look very terrifying, especially with their range 15 fire breath every 50 TUs, which is over twice as often as rifles can fire. It doesn't have the same immunities SRs do, though.

Minotaur Reavers look terrifying as well, especially with their always 5000 Strength, 5000 Toughness and other high stats. They have [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1] (not all that often) and [PREFSTRING:tendency to rage], which I disagree with. I thought they were larger than 220 kg, but that's more than enough to kill a pony with a punch to the head or send a dog flying. I though they had low SPEED, but it looks like they are so fast simply because of their strength and agility.

Oh wow, those evil CMs are the stuff of nightmares.

These colour lists are useful. There used to be a female to male colour translator on the web, where I could type things like "Aquamarine" and get "Blue", a picture and RGB values, but it isn't there anymore. This list is not as good, but I can use it.

The other civilisations have no permitted buildings and reactions. It may eventually matter for adventurer mode. Or maybe if someone wants to play as wastelanders.

Assuming ARCANA_DRAIN is for Flux Converter, it is quite serious. One week of unconsciousness followed by one week of numbness, dizziness, nausea and 80% attributes. I ask again for this to be less severe for magical apprentices and masters. Well, unless [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:MAGIC_NOVICE] takes care of that already. Nausea will also make this workshop covered by vomit. Not that it matters much.

I've found this in arcane vapours: [CE_ADD_TAG:PROB:5:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:START:0:END:600]. It means EPs will not only go sick if affected by magic reactions, they also have a chance to start killing and possibly cause a loyalty cascade. That is quite a strong deterrent, but may be unavoidable if an EP hauler wanders by a hologem/lens stockpile. 

Plasteel still has density 0.2 g/cm^3, which is the same as Starmetal. Like I said, earlier, 3500 kg/m^3 would be saner here. Or just use (weighted) arithmetic means between steel and Starmetal for Plasteel's properties and round them.

I'd switch the effects for Generosity and Kindness around. After all Flutteshy had MoP and Rarity had MoI. It is counter-intuitive to build Rarity statuette into a hospital. Honesty and Loyalty look especially tempting to spam in high traffic zones and barracks, if this affects ponies around the one using the workshops.

Magmawiki is as uninformative as usual. It says that smelting scrap directly should always yield 4 bars of the first ore (or maybe 4 times 30% chance?) I guess, I'll need to conduct a test, by writing down my bars of metal, smelting 30 scrap and looking how many bars I have then.

Medium calibre and small calibre bullets have their own properties... ah, this must be for security turrets and miniguns and be identical to steel... Nope, medium calibre bullets have density 15 g/cm^3 and small calibre ones have 2.5 g/cm^3. No metals are even close to this. Haxy.

I'm wondering if having as many spells as possible is prudent. Paralyse and Bind cannot be used on the same creature and Paralyse is so much better than Bind, that it is probably best to just stick to Paralyse if it can be learnt. They might be used on different creatures when fighting a group of enemies, but in my experience ponies just lock on to one enemy and hit it with all they've got.
I can't quite decide if Time Dilatation or Time Stop is better. They are mutually exclusive and both leave the pony exhausted for 300 TUs. TD provides boost for 100 TUs, while TS provides great speed boost and near immunity for 20 TUs. I'm leaning towards saying that Time Dilatation is better, because it actually provides a net income of actions in those 300 TUs.
The entire school of destruction looks mutually exclusive. The basic spells only last 150 TUs, but only one can be active at any enemy. Sunder looks the best as it has the shortest list of immunities plus pain (as severe as from the specialised pain spell) is only one of a long list of effects. Implosion is the most severe destruction spell, but it only lasts 10 TUs, so Affliction may be better.
Rage and Disorientation are also mutually exclusive. Given my bad experience with ponies casting Rage on merchants and diplomats, I opt for Disorientation. Rage can lead to a lot of !fun! against groups of enemies, but has to be used correctly. Otherwise it will enrage and thus buff an enemy. Lycaeon says the problem of casting this on friendlies has been fixed, but it requires tests.

Does Steadfast Ward make the caster or the enemy 4 times more resilient? I may not read it correctly, but to me it looks as if it was buffing enemies.

If I understand this correctly, ponies will attempt interactions as often as they can. This means that for the same class of interactions it is better to have just the strongest one and not as many of them as possible.

Adrenaline rushes of EPs are better than SATS, so there may not be a good reason to have both. SATS even recharges longer. OK, without data indicating how the two stack and with finite pipbucks, my policy is to limit SATS to Unicorns only.

Wow, necromatic broadcasts really suck for those caught in them. Melee is not much of an option here, at least if a less severe effects of yellow ghouls and radiation storms are any indication. 

Ah, so the entire school of Conjuration is for Canterlot enemies.

I have no idea what the stuff in interaction_deathlands.txt does.

I like the "Disable robot" spell.

Oh wow. Power Armour potion multiplies Strength, Endurance, Toughness and Wilpower by 2.5 and adds 2k Recuperation (no disease resistance, though). It also adds a rebreather. I do not see a limitation to EPs, though. In any case, it is best to install this when most affected stats are above 2k, so it will boost them to 5k.

Scorpion Power Armour only multiplies Strength, Toughness, Agility and Endurance by 1.25 with no healing Talisman. Will do. It may be good for ranged Unicorns.

Miniguns fire as fast as they can for 400 TUs, while rockets and flame throwers no more often than 50 TUs.

Music (especially Octavia / Lyra / Vinyl), comedy and speeches are pretty good (10-20% boost), but only when performed by masters. It may be worthwhile to have theatres in high traffic areas and in the barracks, and have the right ponies perform. Those reactions use up music / jokes / speeches written on paper by the scriptorium. The basic version aren't worth bothering with, and they only give 2% stat boosts.

Further stages of radiation poisoning are quite OP and make a pony unable to do much more than slowly crawl to the hospital.

Mad raider disease is quite insidious. It is transmitted by blood and after a month gives the pony OPPOSED_TO_LIFE, among other things.

It looks like Explosive Sprite-bots don't explode at all (by making a dust cloud that kills them as well). Instead they cause bleeding on one enemy. This is disappointing, but at least it isn't too much !fun!. I believe this [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1] should be changed to 10. After all, many targets can be caught up in a blast, and you'd expect a sprite-bot exploding in the middle of an ambush to do damage to all nearby enemies. Maybe friendlies too.

It looks as if Apprentice can cast the same basic spell once every 288 TUs, Adept can cast it twice per 288 TUs and Master can cast it twice per 144 TUs, provided its effects have worn off during that time or there is a new target. For advanced spells, this increases to 1200 and 600 TUs, respectively. For more advanced spells this is even longer. It may be worthwhile to learn multiple spells from the same school after all, but this needs research in-game. The spells are scattered among at least three files, which makes it more difficult to understand, how the hay this works.

Restoration spells break the pattern of having the same interaction twice and just cut the time in half for each tier.

Parties are still crappy. They boost some stats by up to 6% and lower some others by 2%.

Ah, so Alicorn teleportation is just speed adjustment for a short time. Rather disappointing and it can make Alicorns attack faster. Well, the next version of DF is at least going to have separation between movement speed and actions speed.

Eviscerate spell doesn't seem to do much.

Gestalt cage is interesting. It works like Stasis field in Starcraft.

Telepathic assault doesn't seem to do much. Except is has a chance to cause OPPOSED_TO_LIFE. Telepathic barrage is much more powerful. A pony hit with telepathic snap is pretty much done for.

Lol. My uniform with 3 jumpsuits was fixed, now I can only assign one.

Coverage of both Security and Combat Armours was changed to 125%. Combat Armour has better Armourlevel and UBSTEP. Personally I'd keep Security Barding at 100% coverage, as there isn't much difference now.

The Scorpion Power Armour has been severely nerfed and it would seem worse than combat armour, except it is the only armour made out of plasteel.

"baked bad" was a joke in one MLP episode, where they came out inedible (except to Spike). I find this unsuitable as food name.
"cutlets" sounds too meaty for a food name. Well, unless IRL there are "soybean cutlets" or something.

Heh, hoods were nerfed and won't fit over any helmet. Having multiple =Tough Carapace hoods= per soldier was fun while it lasted.

I don't see a difference between a Security and Combat helmet. If anything, Security helmets are slightly lighter and better.

I don't see the point of items such as Octavia's Cello in item_memory.txt Ah, those are instruments for special musical pieces.

Hehe, now I can have socks and horseshoes as part of the uniform and get irritated scrolling the long inventory lists of soldiers.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between Security and Combat horseshoes.

There are all kinds of hologems, even for schools that don't have any spells to put in there. But then, this may be useful for copying spell matrices for robots.

Barbed wire got very severely nerfed. Too severely, in my opinion. It also continues to have piercing instead of edged attack, so may do fine against armour.
Lawnmover blade is a poor pony's serrated disc and has 3 attacks. Good to know.
The spiked ball has been removed. I used silver ones in my earlier fort. They were OK, but I can live without them. 

In item_tool.txt "meat cleavers" use AXE skill, while in item_weapon.txt "cleavers" use SWORD skill. This is inconsistent.

Sparkle Cola Rad invigorates for 1 day. That's almost nothing. How about a week? Masterwork music works for that long. This drink is quite rare and valuable.

What does CQC mean?

Ah, copying a robot processing matrix requires 3 basic hologems from different schools. Unless someone lucks out on gems, this can't be spammed from rock grinding alone. With advanced matrices this is even more problematic, but at least there is a way to do it.

It seems that the reaction to train armour user only requires steel combat barding and not helmet and boots.

Opening a box of Power Armour is much more involved now. It eats up a battery and a canister of Med-X plus a canister of healing potion. Installing those on veteran soldiers will be slow and micro-managy, including removing them from their squads to avoid a possible bug with drinking the potion from a flask. In 0.88 Canisters of Med-X and Healing Potions were quite rare, so this may be a limiting factor in PA upgrades.

Reactions for opening drinks at the Bar are AUTOMATIC. Good, one less thing to check once in a while.

Refining alcohol into biofuel uses 5 barrels. Same for oil. I hope this respects the stack sizes and does not simply use up everything in those barrels. There doesn't seem to be any "container" actually used for biofuel.

I'm still for 100% effective conversions between flamer fuel and biofuel.

Pellets for BB guns inside Pellet boxes have been changed to bronze. Well, at least it's consistent with Prismatic Forge, but it is now inconsistent with other ammo types. But then, IRL pellets are made out of lead or some weak alloy, so it doesn't really matter.

[REACTION:OPEN_CRATE_CIVILIAN]
[PRODUCT:16:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_TOOLBOX:INORGANIC:ALUMINUM] I think toolboxes should only be made from weapons grade metals, such as steel. They need to be durable and strong.
[PRODUCT:4:60:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET_SMALL:INORGANIC:STEEL] I think this was supposed to be 2 stacks of 30.

Wow, lots of crates got a chance of having Stable-Tec processing matrices, monitors and interfaces. Getting terminals from medium-quality salvage should be much faster now.

MoP crate lacks Fluttershy posters. Same for some other ministries.

I think Robobrains are inventions of Robronco or MWT, not MoM, but MoM crate has a chance for a schematics.

MWT crate again has a stack of 60 small calibre bullets instead of 2 stacks of 30.

Ironshod Firearms and Ironclad Industries crates don't have a crate with small calibre ammo, but seeing that in the mid and endgame people won't use pistols much, even for training, this may actually be a good thing.

I'd remove Plasma Casters from MoA crates and move them to MAS crates. MAS invented energy weapons.

I see that you've changed Plasteel plates to plasteel bars, but why are they in MAS crates? MoA would be more fitting.

I like it that MAS crates have so many high-quality gems.

I don't think there should be military ratios in MAS crates. Besides, they are full of good stuff anyway.

We get lots of coiled wiring and other robot parts from those crates.

I don't understand the "forge metal block (prism)" reactions, you can construct out of bars anyway... Ah, this could be useful for magma pumps.

I'd cull the number of reactions at prismatic forge by removing plasteel mechanisms and furniture. That metal is in short supply and it's best used for chains and Scorpion Power Armour anyway.

The reaction to produce robot motors is quite preserving for coiled wirings.

Steel plating takes 3 steel bars and chassises up to 5. Plus multiple motors and stuff. Those robots can be quite expensive.

I've just noticed that the Rock Grinder uses Masonry. That's fine, it will train that skill. I normally use a small army of masons, while restricting the masonry workshop only to skilled ones. that way I get quality furniture and constructions are built faster. Rock Grinder will help a bit to train the low-level masons to be ready for workshops.

I complained that vegetable cans make just 1 food and aren't worth the trouble to open them, but the fix produces 3 stacks of 1 food, which is actually worse for cooking. It means small stack sizes for that much more prepared food. Just give them a stack of 3 carrots or something and be done with it.

In the Energy Weapons arc there should be a magic pistol / plasma caster separation. A freaking Sprite-Bot needs a plasma caster to make, which is bigger than itself.

I don't think I've noticed steel and aluminium plates in crates. There is also no reaction at the prismatic forge to make aluminium plating. Have I missed something, or is there no way to get it? Found them in processing salvage. 

None of the robots use metal mechanisms, which perhaps they should.

Mr. Macintosh has the worst flamethrower of them all. It is still a fire hazard, and building it still requires flamethrower and 2 fuel canisters. I'd much rather just have the plasma caster fire a bit faster or two plasma casters, just for the heck of it.

Low-quality salvage has been severely nerfed. In fact we stand a good chance of getting nothing at all, not even scrap. Scrap and glass have also been nerfed in medium and high-quality salvage as well and some other drop rates have been changed. It may be a good thing; I had more scrap than I knew what to do with and enough glass to build a greenhouse by the time I stopped playing Ponderplanned.

What is [PRODUCT:60:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:CREMATION_MAT] in the reaction to cremate body parts?

Well, it is good to know, that unlike anything else, Steel Plating <-> Steel Bar conversion is 100% efficient, but it shouldn't be.

I see that prismatic smelting reactions have been fixed to give 4 bars per ore. Since scrap is an ore of iron as well, this makes bronze obsolete as soon as we get a prismatic smelter. Good. On the other hoof, smelting scrap directly is now obsolete too. I can just smelt (from ore) the metal I need and get 4 bars instead of a 10-30% chance for 1 bar.

Prismatic forge is supposed to be pretty advanced, so how about we skip pig iron and make 2 steel bars directly from 2 iron and 1 flux stone? In 31.25 there was plenty of Flux, but mining drop rates have been nerfed by 3/4 without adjustment to steel reactions, so flux can now be a limiting factor in steel production.

You wrote earlier that SATS transfers were now going to preserve the pipbuck. They don't, so I can't simply install it on everypony, but I'll manage.

It seems to me that now installing a stealthbuck is not really worth the trouble. It uses up an upgrade on a pony and gives her a stealth ability to be used once per week, which isn't that great anyway.

Ah, I was wondering if kinetic talismans were used for kinetic sledgehammes. They are.

Repairing a suit of power armour just depletes a battery and recharging a chainsaw or energy lance uses up the battery. Counter-intuitive.

I think that reverse-engineering is too easy. With luck you just need 2 weapons, 2 paper and 2 silk paper. Having 4 weapons is a guaranteed success.

Personally I'd decrease the need for plywood for most items to 8 to give more incentive to use it.
The plywood training spear reaction has some trash attached to it. "SKILL:CARPENTRY]ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_TRAINING"
Speaking of which, just 2 plywood per spear is great for a danger room.

Heh, all robot parts have a healing rate of 1000. As long as something isn't severed, damaged robots should fully repair themselves over time.

There are no reactions to disassemble chainsaw / ripper rifles.

Idea: Have a set of reactions that take a metal mechanism, a combat / hunting rifle or pistol / revolver or AMR or Little Macintosh or Spitfire's Thunder (no chainsaw / ripper rifle) and produces the same weapon, using skill mechanics. That way we can put some quality on all those rifles from crates and enemies, while paying for it with metal mechanisms. Product material should be determined by the weapon.
Also have a set of "replace chain" reactions that takes a chainsaw rifle / ripper rifle / chainsaw / chainsword / ripper and a chain. It produces the appropriate weapon of the material from chain. The chainsaw / ripper rifles should use up a mechanism as well as a chain.
These reactions would use MECHANICS and be performed either at the workbench or some specialised "weapons maintenance workshop". This would mitigate the need to produce a lot of weapons to have them of good quality and thus the drain on spark batteries. Since some parts of old weapons may be rusted and a chainsaw typically uses many chains during it's lifespan, these reactions even seem legit.
For reactions where this actually uses the same amount of resources and more work than just forging a new weapon (combat pistol), have a chance to produce a mechanism from the same material as the mechanism used.

Maybe have something similar for "repairing armours" and bumping their quality as well.

Idea: Add reactions to disassemble ammo into gunpowder, brass and weapons grade metal. This is cannon in FNV and in Fallout tabletop RPG (although I can't find links to it now). The efficiency should be at 50-75%. The justification is that after some time you won't need all those low calibre bullets. Or maybe someone doesn't want to use AMRs. Or just convert some bismuth bronze ammo into steel version, with minor loss of gunpowder. This must only accept full stacks of ammo, same as filling an ammo crate. One reaction for each calibre and weapon grade metal is probably preferable.

I think there should be reactions to produce PA upgrade potions without the PA boxes. After all, some ponies will die wearing them and leave behind the armours. On the other hoof, it could lead to people using just the potions and combat armours, but that's unavoidable anyway.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:51:04 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 05, 2013, 04:28:41 am »

I might as well insert the Everfree forest update at the end of the Ministry of Peace arc in memory of Fluttertree.

As always, I deeply appreciate the extensive feedback you provide Maklak. :)

> Feral ghoul reavers have Willpower always at maximum and NOPAIN
Good point on the variation, though with NOPAIN and NOEXERT the willpower stat is more flavor than anything.

> [Bloatsprite]
It's more due to their ubiquitous nature and general harmlessness. Moving targets make better practice.

> Sprite-bots have no variation in their stats whatsoever.
It's more streamlined to give them the same stats across the board. Minor variations won't have that much of an effect.

> Hey, we got armoured sprite-bots.
Whoops, forgot to change their PETVALUE and attributes (Like increased agility). Thanks for pointing that out.

> Exploding sprite-bots.
Their interaction is a chain one that links to interactions in other files, with the one in the creature being the initiation upon seeing an enemy. They end up exploding in a burning dust cloud that melts most creatures in range along with throwing them about.

> Shouldn't all robots be immune to fire?
Being made of metal renders them immune to fire.

> Maybe toughness of Steel-plated robots should be increased.
The steel plating makes them tough enough as is.

> Wasn't the Armoured Protectorpony supposed to use a plasma caster for one of it's weapons?
Nope, though its lasers are increased in strength over the base model.

> If Mr. Hooves has 4 Axe, then all versions of Protectorpony should have natural skill in kicking or something.
The protectrons in Fallout weren't designed to fight in melee, as their programming was rather simple.

> How come a Protectorpony has more Agility than a Mr Hooves?
Hm...hadn't noticed that. I'll change it.

> Well, at least the hostile versions don't have flamethrowers.
Yep...otherwise they'd torch the map as soon as they show up. A Mr. Macintosh is still useful for below-surface combat; you can station one in a trap hallway and have it take out enemies.

> Robobrains
You're right about the agility, as well as the NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST and NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN.

> I think cyberdogs and robobrains could use [PRONE_TO_RAGE:1].
I think of them as having mental inhibitors to keep them controllable, so no.

> Necromatic Sprite-bot lacks it's laser pistol.
Their programming is out of whack, so they won't use them.

> Do various types of offensive interactions interfere with each other?
When a unicorn knows multiple offensive spells, she'll use them one after the other due to cooldowns. If two are spells that can't be used on the same enemy (e.g. bind and paralyze), she'll use one on one enemy and the other on another enemy. If they can be used, she'll use them both on the same enemy. In short, a variety of spells won't interfere with each other, though with the school restrictions an ordinary unicorn won't know more than a few spells.

> Is there a problem in how various interactions work with each other?
I haven't tested this in particular, though I believe the effects stack.

> The cyberdogs look very promising, but I disagree with NOBREATHE. They can even be trained for war, but will not learn, contrary to robobrains.
Both are good points; I'll made the necessary changes.

> Griffins have Natural Skill 8 in most kinds of fighting, while 5 in Dodge. You have got to be kidding me.
Each griffon is a highly skilled mercenary, so I gave them professional-level combat skills. In any case, they only wear combat armor and don't have the enhancements of Steel Rangers or Unity alicorns, so they shouldn't be very challenging.

> "laughter" -> "cheerful nature".
You're going to have to be more specific on that one. ??? Otherwise your description suggestions are good.

> Only after accomplishing something of note such as a masterwork creation can she be allowed to enter military service and other higher responsibilities.
It's anything that gets their name listed in the announcements (Like "so and so has created a masterpiece!). I think that triggers the game to fully recognize them as citizens.

> Creativity, Intuition, Linguistic Ability and Social Awareness do not rust for ponies.
I set all attributes to not rust, as this is difficult to counteract.

> Intimidation rates
I'll probably just remove the boost altogether.

> General skill rates
Earth ponies have penalties in anything that requires fine manipulation, like clothesmaking and surgery, but have bonuses to skills that are tuned with the earth or nature (like diagnosing living creatures). The odd numbers are from an old program I used to make the system. The cutie mark rates are relatively high as in MLP ponies are considered to be highly skilled in the area of their talent. All in all, the system does need an overhaul, but as it works well enough it's not a priority.

> Steel ranger weapon cooldowns
I increased the cooldowns as every Steel Ranger carries a battle saddle and they had enough advantages going for them.

> Their Strength, Toughness and Endurance are not only beyond the range of what should be possible for a normal pony, but they have no variation here whatsoever.
The attributes come from their power armor, not the base pony. The PA upgrade potion uses multipliers as that was the simplest way to get your earth ponies' attributes to similar levels. Also, the limitation to earth ponies is located in the potion, not the interaction, and scorpion PA is earth-pony limited as well (It's the fact that unicorns have to cut off their horns in order to wear the helmet).

> SR castes.
I'm following the FoE canon for this one. Knights are the ordinary earth pony soldiers while paladins are platoon and squad leaders.

> I think SRs should get military versions of robots as pets and sometimes bring them to the battlefields.
Invaders will only bring mount pets to the battlefield.

> Minotaur Reavers
Whoops...thought rage frequencies were increased by a lower PRONE_TO_RANGE number. I'll have to change them, though with the reavers at least it doesn't make much of a difference due to their already lethal ability.

> The other civilisations have no permitted buildings and reactions.
Most of them produce high-tech goods that wastelanders don't really have access to. Non-Stable civs already produce the items that matter, namely, weapons and armor.

> I ask again for this to be less severe for magical apprentices and masters.
Already on the development list.

> Plasteel still has density 0.2 g/cm^3, which is the same as Starmetal.
I'll go ahead and change this as well.

> I'd switch the effects for Generosity and Kindness around.
The effects are based on the actual buffs from the novel, with Fluttershy giving increased charisma and Rarity increased endurance.

> Medium calibre bullets have density 15 g/cm^3 and small calibre ones have 2.5 g/cm^3
The interaction's damage relies upon material density, as it's not an edged attack.

> Steadfast Ward
It's a self-buff interaction.

> Further stages of radiation poisoning are quite OP.
I went off this site for the stages. Their severity is intended.

> Ah, so Alicorn teleportation is just speed adjustment for a short time. Rather disappointing and it can make Alicorns attack faster.
Except that there is also a complete skill penalty so they can't hit anything either.

> Eviscerate spell doesn't seem to do much.
You haven't seen it in action. ;)

> Security and Combat Armours
The LAYER value is also figured into the protection. Security barding is at 15, while combat armor is at 20.

> Sparkle Cola Rad invigorates for 1 day. That's almost nothing. How about a week?
Drink effects will come with the crop overhaul.

> What does CQC mean?
Close-quarters combat. It's for power-armor soldiers without miniguns.

> It seems that the reaction to train armour user only requires steel combat barding and not helmet and boots.
Didn't want too many reagents for the reaction.

> Biofuel
Testing showed that stack sizes are respected. I didn't include a container to reduce the micromanagement needed.

> I think toolboxes should only be made from weapons grade metals, such as steel. They need to be durable and strong.
Good point.

> MoP crate lacks Fluttershy posters. Same for some other ministries.
I kept posters in MoI crates so poster clutter could be managed.

> MWT crate again has a stack of 60 small calibre bullets instead of 2 stacks of 30.
Noted.

> I'd remove Plasma Casters from MoA crates and move them to MAS crates. MAS invented energy weapons.
Yes, but the MoA was the main user of them (See Grand Pegasus Enclave). MAS was more research and development; many of their inventions were made in collaboration with the other Ministries. Similar reason for the plasteel bars.

> I'd cull the number of reactions at prismatic forge by removing plasteel mechanisms and furniture.
I thought I'd include them for overseers who would like the variety. The clutter isn't that bad, really, as all the important reactions are on top.

> Those robots can be quite expensive.
It's not an end-game industry for nothing.  :)

> I complained that vegetable cans make just 1 food and aren't worth the trouble to open them, but the fix produces 3 stacks of 1 food, which is actually worse for cooking.
That's another good point...I'll go ahead and fix this.

> In the Energy Weapons arc there should be a magic pistol / plasma caster separation. A freaking Sprite-Bot needs a plasma caster to make, which is bigger than itself.
The plasma caster is the smaller plasma weapon. It's just called caster as there isn't a larger plasma weapon yet.

> I don't think I've noticed steel and aluminium plates in crates. There is also no reaction at the prismatic forge to make aluminium plating. Have I missed something, or is there no way to get it?
Plates are a tool you can make out of any metal at the metalsmith's forge. There's also a reaction to make steel plates at the RobronCo prismatic forge.

> What is [PRODUCT:60:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:CREMATION_MAT] in the reaction to cremate body parts?
That produces fat from the base creature.

> Prismatic forge is supposed to be pretty advanced, so how about we skip pig iron and make 2 steel bars directly from 2 iron and 1 flux stone?
Good point as well. I haven't really looked at advanced metalmaking yet.

> It seems to me that now installing a stealthbuck is not really worth the trouble.
I haven't added the assassination special abilities yet.

> Repairing a suit of power armour just depletes a battery and recharging a chainsaw or energy lance uses up the battery.
It's to charge the repair talismans so the power armor can consume the steel bars that are the other reagents, while the depleted weapons use the spark battery itself.

> I think that reverse-engineering is too easy.
Given the rarity of the advanced weapons themselves, I'd say it's about right.

> The plywood training spear reaction has some trash attached to it. "SKILL:CARPENTRY]ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_TRAINING"
Noted.

> There are no reactions to disassemble chainsaw / ripper rifles.
No invaders bring them yet (except the Talons, but not many) so most of these will be made by you.

> PA potions
I'll introduce a reaction to repackage a suit of power armor into a power armor box, so it'll be possible to make new potions, albeit at rather hefty cost.

> Have a set of reactions that take a metal mechanism [...] and produces the same weapon, using skill mechanics.
> Also have a set of "replace chain" reactions that takes a chainsaw rifle / ripper rifle / chainsaw / chainsword / ripper and a chain.
> Add reactions to disassemble ammo into gunpowder, brass and weapons grade metal.
 :o These are all great ideas, and will definitely be added. You're right about the workbench getting cluttered...I'll probably separate it out.

All in all, these are excellent points, and shouldn't be difficult to implement across the board. Many thanks Maklak! I'm still looking forward to your next Stable. ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:33:24 am by Lycaeon »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 05, 2013, 04:59:03 am »

The plasma caster you guys are thinking of is the Winchester Model P94, which is a heavy and bulky energy weapon in the original FO series and a battle saddle mounted variant in FO:E.
The P94, the plasma caster, is the larger plasma weapon of the bunch while the plasma rifle and Glock 86 Plasma Pistol precede it in size.
Plasma Pistol > Plasma Rifle > Plasma Caster > Plasma Cannons

But then, it's just a name thing, is it really that important?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 05, 2013, 05:52:40 am »

> The plasma caster you guys are thinking of is the Winchester Model P94[...] But then, it's just a name thing, is it really that important?
Yes, that's the one. I played Fallout 1 and 2 and even FNV had a plasma caster that was about the size of a traffic cone. Naming is somewhat important in keeping things consistent and not confusing. EDE in FNV didn't even have a plasma pistol, it had a laser pistol.

> > Sprite-bots have no variation in their stats whatsoever.
> It's more streamlined to give them the same stats across the board. Minor variations won't have that much of an effect.
True, but the RAWs would look less arbitary :P And like I said, some models might have fallen into more disrepair than others.

> > "laughter" -> "cheerful nature".
> You're going to have to be more specific on that one. Otherwise your description suggestions are good.
This is a PREFSTRING at the beginning of the big file with pony castes. "Likes ponies for their laughter" is valid, but "Likes ponies for their cheerful nature" sounds better.

> Do various types of offensive interactions interfere with each other?
When a unicorn knows multiple offensive spells, she'll use them one after the other due to cooldowns. If two are spells that can't be used on the same enemy (e.g. bind and paralyze), she'll use one on one enemy and the other on another enemy. If they can be used, she'll use them both on the same enemy. In short, a variety of spells won't interfere with each other, though with the school restrictions an ordinary unicorn won't know more than a few spells.
Let me put it this way: Lets say a Unicorn knows all 1st and 2nd tier spells in Destruction school. She casts "Pain", which lands. Now she can't use anything more powerful (like Affliction or Sunder) on that enemy, essentially blocking herself and "warding" her enemy against her more destructive magic. If she didn't know "Pain", she would use a stronger spell from the start. Unless there is a very long cooldown for better spells, it may actually be better not to learn the weaker variants. Destruction school is especially notorious for this, as only one spell can be active per enemy and "Pain" is the weakest. It is the same with Time Stop and Time Dilatation. Unless there is another cooldown after the exhaustion wears off, it is better to know just one of them.

> > Griffins have Natural Skill 8 in most kinds of fighting, while 5 in Dodge. You have got to be kidding me.
> Each griffon is a highly skilled mercenary, so I gave them professional-level combat skills. In any case, they only wear combat armor and don't have the enhancements of Steel Rangers or Unity alicorns, so they shouldn't be very challenging.
I think you said the same about Feral Pegasus Ghouls, the green ones. Well, people need to test it, but those Griffins scare me. It makes sense for them to be powerful, but in the RAWs they look scarier than Steel Rangers.

> > General skill rates
> Earth ponies have penalties in anything that requires fine manipulation, like clothesmaking and surgery[...]
I do not question this, but I'd like this to be more intuitive and consistent, like in the old MLP mod. 35 clothesmaking in particular looks like a typo. After all, in the show, Fluttershy made Rarity's dress with her hooves. In Murky 7 a pony with no horn is quite good at sewing as well. So is Calamity, IIRC.

> > Steel ranger weapon cooldowns
> I increased the cooldowns as every Steel Ranger carries a battle saddle and they had enough advantages going for them.
A squad or two of them firing their battle saddles is terrifying, but the point is, they are Steel Rangers. They are supposed to have enough advantages to overwhelm several times their number with inferior equipment. Their weapons should be better, not worse. That said, I didn't get much use out of miniguns anyway.

So, Unicorns are limited to Combat Armour (or over-equipping other armours, but without the benefits of their potions, if someone wants to cheat) and normal battle saddles. Well, with their shield wall and spells and faster learning rates, they are still not overshadowed by EPs, but I can't say for sure, who makes better soldiers.

> > It seems that the reaction to train armour user only requires steel combat barding and not helmet and boots.
> Didn't want too many reagents for the reaction.
Good, barding is the part that counts anyway.

> > I'd remove Plasma Casters from MoA crates and move them to MAS crates. MAS invented energy weapons.
> Yes, but the MoA was the main user of them (See Grand Pegasus Enclave). MAS was more research and development; many of their inventions were made in collaboration with the other Ministries. Similar reason for the plasteel bars.
Good point, although I think Plasteel would be invented by MoA or MWT, not MAS. 

> > What is [PRODUCT:60:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:CREMATION_MAT] in the reaction to cremate body parts?
> That produces fat from the base creature.
Kinda gross. I hope they won't use this for cooking after burning down raider remains.

> > Repairing a suit of power armour just depletes a battery and recharging a chainsaw or energy lance uses up the battery.
> It's to charge the repair talismans so the power armor can consume the steel bars that are the other reagents, while the depleted weapons use the spark battery itself.
Ah, I haven't thought of that.

I think the Power Armour potions should provide flat boosts to stats, rather than x2.5 multiplier. I had a few ponies with over 2k strength or endurance and making them 5k is insane. On the other hoof, a weak pony should be strong enough to move around in a Power Armour, which does most of  the work for him. Flat increase, like for recuperation, just seem like a better idea to me. Power Armour has a strength of it's own that doesn't depend on the strength of it's user.

> > I'd switch the effects for Generosity and Kindness around.
> The effects are based on the actual buffs from the novel, with Fluttershy giving increased charisma and Rarity increased endurance.
Well... I guess the novel just had 6 buffs and 6 ponies and had to pair them up somehow. On a related note, there is some controversy on how the hay is Rarity an embodiment of generosity in the show. Fine, Rarity in the hospital it is.  ::)

> > There are no reactions to disassemble chainsaw / ripper rifles.
> No invaders bring them yet (except the Talons, but not many) so most of these will be made by you.
Well, I wanted to get some parts from those I make that came out low-quality, but since you're going for my proposals to "fix weapons with spare mechanisms" and "replace chains", disassembling the surplus rifles won't be as useful.

> All in all, these are excellent points, and shouldn't be difficult to implement across the board. Many thanks Maklak! I'm still looking forward to your next Stable.
Lol. I think I'll take a break for now. I told you some time ago, that I may burn out and leave. I'm still interested in the mod, just won't provide much useful feedback for some time.
If / when I get around to starting a community stable, it will not be in English, so you won't get much use out of it, but of course I'd still report any issues and proposals.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 05, 2013, 01:09:14 pm »

But then, it's just a name thing, is it really that important?
I'll change the names when I introduce larger plasma weapons. For now it's more of a one size fits all deal.

> Unless there is another cooldown after the exhaustion wears off, it is better to know just one of them.
I'll go ahead and edit the casting restrictions for the deadlier spells then. The intention was for spells to not all be expended on a single opponent, which would be wasteful in group fights. Also, time dilation and time stop don't have this problem as their cooldowns are long enough that both can be used after another once the exhaustion wears off.

> I do not question this, but I'd like this to be more intuitive and consistent, like in the old MLP mod.
I guess I'll up clothesmaking then.

> I think the Power Armour potions should provide flat boosts to stats, rather than x2.5 multiplier.
Perhaps...I'll have to look it over again.

> Lol. I think I'll take a break for now.
All the same, I hope you enjoy the new version! :)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:14 pm »

Sweet Celestia, Maklak and Lyc have given me a ton of reading material for today. Just read through Mak's first book, and while I hate the wording I give my support for the ideas within. Of course I might just still be pissed from my dad banging on my door like a cop while I was in the shower.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 05, 2013, 03:10:48 pm »

Sweet Celestia, Maklak and Lyc have given me a ton of reading material for today. Just read through Mak's first book, and while I hate the wording I give my support for the ideas within. Of course I might just still be pissed from my dad banging on my door like a cop while I was in the shower.

To sum it up and spoil the plot for you, in the second book the butler kills Lycaeons long lost cousin, steals the diamonds and escapes with his brothers friends wife, it has many strange plot twists that don't make much sense but is otherwise a good read.
It was given favorable reviews and ratings by people such as Yatzhee (who actually broke from his usual videogame bashing to give a good review of Mak's work ) and Hagard the major of America who said that "violences are happening" in Mak's book, analysts also claim that it may become a best seller by the end of the month.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 05, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

Proud moment today:

Everyone, let's remember Butteryfrost, the armored spritebot who knocked a griffons brain in but sadly fell to her...ceasing of function a few moments later.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 05, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »

It was given favorable reviews and ratings by people such as Yatzhee (who actually broke from his usual videogame bashing to give a good review of Mak's work )

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proud moment today:

Everyone, let's remember Butteryfrost, the armored spritebot who knocked a griffons brain in but sadly fell to her...ceasing of function a few moments later.

I'll drink to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTREkgasTvU

> Their Strength, Toughness and Endurance are not only beyond the range of what should be possible for a normal pony, but they have no variation here whatsoever.
The attributes come from their power armor, not the base pony. The PA upgrade potion uses multipliers as that was the simplest way to get your earth ponies' attributes to similar levels. Also, the limitation to earth ponies is located in the potion, not the interaction, and scorpion PA is earth-pony limited as well (It's the fact that unicorns have to cut off their horns in order to wear the helmet).

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Hold on there now. A piece of advanced equipment like that should be able to accomodate horns. Put the horn through a hole and the ring they put it through sinches down (to accomodate horns that are thicker than others) to create an airtight seal.

> > Sprite-bots have no variation in their stats whatsoever.
> It's more streamlined to give them the same stats across the board. Minor variations won't have that much of an effect.
True, but the RAWs would look less arbitary  And like I said, some models might have fallen into more disrepair than others.

More disrepair than others and also reflects post apocalypse manufacturing.

> > General skill rates
> Earth ponies have penalties in anything that requires fine manipulation, like clothesmaking and surgery[...]
I do not question this, but I'd like this to be more intuitive and consistent, like in the old MLP mod. 35 clothesmaking in particular looks like a typo. After all, in the show, Fluttershy made Rarity's dress with her hooves.

In Apple Family Reunion we see a young Granny Smith sewing with her mouth, I don't think hooves can hold a tiny needle.

> > It seems that the reaction to train armour user only requires steel combat barding and not helmet and boots.
> Didn't want too many reagents for the reaction.
Good, barding is the part that counts anyway.

Not knowing how to strap your helmet on properly can blind you and get you killed. :P

>I think the Power Armour potions should provide flat boosts to stats, rather than x2.5 multiplier. I had a few ponies with over 2k strength or endurance and making them 5k is insane. On the other hoof, a weak pony should be strong enough to move around in a Power Armour, which does most of  the work for him. Flat increase, like for recuperation, just seem like a better idea to me. Power Armour has a strength of it's own that doesn't depend on the strength of it's user.

True, it's all in the servomotors.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 210