Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472530 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1245 on: January 08, 2013, 09:14:15 pm »

> You can not imagine my anger when my Transmutation Adept was an Earthpony.
That's odd...there aren't supposed to be any adept class cutie marks that earth ponies can have, just apprentice-level ones. Can you let me know which cutie mark it was?

Apprentice-level cutie marks aren't magical talents, but career talents that also impart some magical ability to unicorns who have them.

Overall, the cutie mark system is in need of an overhaul; eventually I'd like to make it so that the cutie mark itself is enough to determine what role the pony will play in the Stable without having to resort to Dwarf Therapist. However, it's an endeavor that will take up an entire update or two when the time arrives. The current system is suitable for the immediate future, and, as mentioned, there are plenty of new features in development that take precedence.

> This is good use of the DF caste system, damn good use.
It's not quite there yet, but thanks. :)

Most skill penalties for combat and other skills on ordinary ponies are due to general difficulty modifiers; certain skills like surgery are learned slowly compared to skills like cooking. There are additional modifiers added based on ease of handling; unicorns get slight bonuses to skills that require fine manipulation, while earth ponies receive penalties to those same skills (For example, earth ponies make abysmal surgeons). On the other hoof, earth ponies receive large bonuses to earth-related labors like farming, herbalism, and masonry. I will put up a guide for all this after the next update.

Thank you all for the feedback! With it I'll know what needs to be changed when I get around to updating the system. :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:33:36 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 08, 2013, 09:44:11 pm »

Here, have some artwork (images are big so right-click them and click View Image to see the whole thing).
Spoiler: Ponies in a cavern (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pony VS Demons (click to show/hide)
Yes, I know it's inaccurate compared to FoE and DF canon. She hasn't read/played either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:45:46 pm by P(ony)SI »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: January 09, 2013, 01:40:17 am »

On Steel Rangers and robots:
I asked in the modding subforum, why goblins bring Trolls with them and it seems to come down to trolls being EVIL and goblins having USE_EVIL_ANIMALS. Therefore EVIL or GOOD could be used for robotic pets of Steel Rangers, but those are already reserved for ghouls in irradiated sites and everfree forest, respectively. Since it would look strange for SRs to bring ghouls or similar creatures with them, robots for SRs are rather out of the question. At least that's my current theory. 
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:22 am »

On Steel Rangers and robots:
I asked in the modding subforum, why goblins bring Trolls with them and it seems to come down to trolls being EVIL and goblins having USE_EVIL_ANIMALS. Therefore EVIL or GOOD could be used for robotic pets of Steel Rangers, but those are already reserved for ghouls in irradiated sites and everfree forest, respectively. Since it would look strange for SRs to bring ghouls or similar creatures with them, robots for SRs are rather out of the question. At least that's my current theory.

If only twas a way to bring animals from certain biomes.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 09, 2013, 01:47:35 am »

Wasn't there a tag that allowed civs to bring exotic pets?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 09, 2013, 02:55:29 am »

Oh god, yes. I lost a fortress to invasion. Good one. Reclaimed just with 7 ponies. And now i have a star.

And swirls too.
This day going to be perfect!

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 09, 2013, 12:25:24 pm »

I've found a piece of cheese that can help with those relentless assaults of ghouls and dogs during the first years. It has to be done separately for the surface and each layer of the caverns. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121235.0
1) Capture stuff with cage traps.
2) Build the cages, link to a lever and release in some room where they won't bother you, preferably also where BB ponies can practice on them.
3) Those count towards the limit of wild animals on the map, blocking the entry of new ones.
I don't think this works for scouts, ambushes, sieges, FBs and Titans, but getting rid of at least some annoyances is still worth it.

Not that it has anything to do with the mod, I just thought, I'd mention it, since we already discussed the coin tosser training.

Lycaeon, I like your stable layout in picture in the first post. Please post more of it. I still can't decide on what layout I like, but yours looks like something worth mimicking.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:36:06 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 09, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »

After doing some research on Unity... Why would they be attacking our stables exactly?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 09, 2013, 03:14:32 pm »

The only thing I can think of is one of two things.

Gameplay and story segregation is one, just to give us another challenging enemy.

They wanna abduct unicorns for mutuating as two. but fuck if I know, since killed just as many would be counter productive.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 09, 2013, 03:19:37 pm »

After doing some research on Unity... Why would they be attacking our stables exactly?

1. Foals are useful, either way: Earth ponies are slaves and Unicorns are simply new recruits into Unity.

2. They found out that there is a powerful pony town in there reach, and wish to distroy it before it becomes a threat.

3.Red Eye wants you gone. Or Unity itself hates you. Or perhapes, since you have slowly built up a arsanal of magics, technology, and ponies, they plan on wiping you and then using your stuff.

If we start questioning why the Super-Mutant stand in's are attacking, then we might as well start wondering why grass grows.

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:55 pm »

Super mutants can't make babies and are fairly stupid. they do understand green crap makes mutants. therefore, we attack a place, kill some people, kidnap a few, and leave the rest so they have something to do when they get bored later. I mean sure, they figured out how to reload a minigun but evidently any jackass who never handled one before can figure that out.

Huh. maybe that's it... The Unity is just bored.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 09, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »

That's the thing, based on the wiki Unity is incredibly intelligent and they only assimilate ponies who willingly come into their fold. They don't force ponies into assimilating since that causes every alicorn in the Unity to become pained from the forced transformation. It also doesn't say anything about only turning certain types of ponies either.

It boils down to there simply not being a reason for them to invade seeing as we're playing as vault dwellers and not griffons or any other nonpony creature that they want to subjugate.

As for being super mutant stand ins, they remind me more of the Dark Ones in Metro 2033 than Fallout's super mutants.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 09, 2013, 04:41:37 pm »

Yeah but it's obvious who they're there to represent, just, y'know, smart. I just went with coming for the unicorns because it seems they have the same general problem: Sterile/one gender species and eventually there won't be anyone who'll come willingly without some form of coercion. or maybe they're just in dire straights or something. Fucked if I know.

I'm just going with the gameplay standpoint of them being a challenge though. I have yet to fight them or the steel rangers.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 09, 2013, 06:03:24 pm »

Has anyone even seen the unity?

I had them in my list of hostile civs when I ran Lemon, the entry showed up towards the end of it before I retired it, but they never made an appearance.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:21 pm »

Has anyone even seen the unity?

I had them in my list of hostile civs when I ran Lemon, the entry showed up towards the end of it before I retired it, but they never made an appearance.

They do send kidnappers and thieves, if I am correct. Actualy, to be honest, the one time a group of them arrived in one of my forts they just hung out near the river and looked pretty until Steel Rangers arrived, and they pretty much pulverized eachother.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 210