Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472691 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1275 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »

Considering OP... most players don't really make it that far... and hey... that OP Unicorn may well go berserk one day.

Your ultimate weapon and defender snaps, after losing a number of family/friends.  The ensuing massacre would likely put the population of the fort into the single digits if it does not have internal checkpoints and/or you have ghosts compromising those checkpoints...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:59 am »

Since my military guide is linked in the main post now, I went ahead and expanded it. I should probably include additional sections for spells and other upgrades, so maybe I'll do that later. Please look over the current version and report any problems with it.

AP ammo could be renamed to FMJ ammo, I think. Either way this is not that important.

We could get a "Nurse" upgrade - a pony with interactions for friendly targets that boost healing, reduce pain and nausea, buff them with combat drugs and so on. The potion can use up (a battle saddle?), a healing potion container and a med-x container.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:41:15 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 11, 2013, 08:35:28 am »

Good job Mak.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:32 am »

This mod just made my day.
I'm so happy i could burst.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:26 pm »

I opened Grid Views->Preferences in Dwarf Therapist and looked at shapes. There are a lot of fun things there: Parties, Foals, Zebras, Unicorns, Steel Rangers, Pegasai, Soldiers and Mares.

On another note, the Auto-axes in F3 and FoE are disc grinders rather than chainsaws. Just saying.

I'm also having a heated dispute in the Dwarf Therapist thread about "Roles" and especially sorting by them being bogus.

> Grind 1 bone into bonemeal then have a pressing reaction to turn 2 bonemeal into the flux boulder? That should respect stack sizes.
The way I see it you're still using up 2 entire stacks of bone to make 1 flux, but try it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:02:36 pm by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

Did some raw tweaks before starting my latest fort, and it's working better than expected.

Completely removed all reaction reagent entries for charged spark batteries that included [preserve_reagent]. Fewer hauling jobs and failed repeat orders due to ponies tying up all my spark batteries while hauling a heavy bin up 3 levels to pick up one from a training area.

Changed the biofuel reactions to use 1/5th the raw materials to create a canister of biofuel, and balanced it out with 5x the canisters needed for fuel/flamerfuel reactions. Now my barrels of synth-oil [5] turn into 5 canisters of biofuel, instead of 5 barrels with 24 oil combine turning into 1 canister.
Could this be a fix for bones to bonemeal? Grind 1 bone into bonemeal then have a pressing reaction to turn 2 bonemeal into the flux boulder? That should respect stack sizes.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 11, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »

I'm currently making a large flowchart that will incorporate all the major industries and areas of research. It's taking quite a bit of time, but the effort should be worth it for both current and future players.

Maklak: I've looked over the revisions, and have no problems with it. It's an excellent guide, and I'll go about incorporating it further into the first post at a later time. Your effort is much appreciated, thank you. :)

> Effects for similar syndromes are multiplied, at least for affecting speed, strength and the like.
It may be a bit OP, but given the rarity of magically adept unicorns I feel the overall benefits won't be significant.

> We could get a "Nurse" upgrade - a pony with interactions for friendly targets that boost healing, reduce pain and nausea, buff them with combat drugs and so on.
That's actually in the list for the second Ministry of Peace update, which will introduce the drug industry.

> On another note, the Auto-axes in F3 and FoE are disc grinders rather than chainsaws.
The distinction isn't that large, but I've noted it for later.

> I'm also having a heated dispute in the Dwarf Therapist thread about "Roles" and especially sorting by them being bogus.
I've read over it as well. I personally am not a fan of arguing over mod/utility creators over the direction of their work, as it is entirely their effort and therefore their judgement as to what should be done. In any case, it will be a moot point once I revamp the cutie mark system, as by then attributes will be matched to skill rates, and cutie mark descriptions at a glance will be enough to sort ponies without having to check Dwarf Therapist.

Neowulf:
> Bonemeal flux
The next version will have bonemeal made from bone BB pellets, which actually respect stack size when made.

> Spark Batteries
Whoops, I forgot to remove them from the other reactions that preserved them (Mostly the spell industry). Thanks for the reminder!

Gzoker: Thanks! I hope you enjoy the mod! :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:07:45 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30:17 pm »

By the way Lycaeon, could you direct me to the gizmo that lets you fill spark batteries? Where it shows what effects it gives to which castes, why it knocks unicorns out and how it kills earth ponies.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 11, 2013, 08:57:45 pm »

The Prismatic Generator maybe?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:08 pm »

The Prismatic Generator maybe?

That, but I want to know everything about it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 11, 2013, 11:32:41 pm »

Prismatic Generator works flawlessly, but requires a Power Talisman, which are also used by Prismatic Smelters and Prismatic Forges. The building you're looking for is Flux Converter. I asked for it to be implemented as an early option to recharge batteries for people who don't luck out on Power Talismans. It is made cannon by Flim-Flam episode and the boat in Project Horizons.
Relevant files:
reaction_generator.txt (last reaction)
inorganic_arcane.txt (ARCANA_DRAIN to knock an UP unconscious for a week and debuff for another. ARCANA3_CONJURATION for poisoning)
I don't know how it kills EPs. Just use a Prismatic Generator when available. The Flux converter is meant to be a last resort when you absolutely need to recharge a few batteries.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:34:50 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 12, 2013, 12:36:17 am »

A migrant wave arrived in the middle of an irradiated cloud. I now have twenty nine of my 136 stable dwellers being treated for necrotic tissue and blood loss by the best doctors in the wasteland.

Should I expect any to ghoulify or are they just going to bleed and stink for the rest of their lives.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 12, 2013, 01:11:55 am »

Prismatic Generator works flawlessly, but requires a Power Talisman, which are also used by Prismatic Smelters and Prismatic Forges. The building you're looking for is Flux Converter. I asked for it to be implemented as an early option to recharge batteries for people who don't luck out on Power Talismans. It is made cannon by Flim-Flam episode and the boat in Project Horizons.
Relevant files:
reaction_generator.txt (last reaction)
inorganic_arcane.txt (ARCANA_DRAIN to knock an UP unconscious for a week and debuff for another. ARCANA3_CONJURATION for poisoning)
I don't know how it kills EPs. Just use a Prismatic Generator when available. The Flux converter is meant to be a last resort when you absolutely need to recharge a few batteries.

No, you see I want to salvage the flux converter for a personal mod and I want all ponies to be able to use it and survive. I want to rig it to create spark batteries that can then be used as another fuel source in a custom workshop. Say take 30 idlers, send them off to be zapped and then there's fuel in a pinch.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 12, 2013, 02:57:45 am »

> Should I expect any to ghoulify or are they just going to bleed and stink for the rest of their lives?
Ghoulification isn't common and only takes place with severe radiation poisoning. If they aren't ghouls by the time they reach your hospital then you're safe (Apart from the whole bleeding and necrosis thing :) ).

> No, you see I want to salvage the flux converter for a personal mod and I want all ponies to be able to use it and survive.
In that case, all you need to do is remove one or both boulder products. ARCANA3_CONJURATION is the one that kills the earth ponies, while ARCANA_DRAIN puts unicorns to sleep.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:46 am »

I've had hundreds of my ponies, enemies and animals breath in the fun times dust clouds... most of them fully recovered eventually, except for the select few that ended up having breathing problems and choked in their sleep. 

But then... if it is supposed to do more... ?  I havn't seen it.

Damned radscorpians seem to be immune to them... would be great if they took some damage. One of em can take out a pack of ghouls...  I seen it.  And each time they come over, they at least dispatch one of my many protectaponies or one of my walking food vessels.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:39:06 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 210