Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472790 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1335 on: January 16, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »

>Actually, the Stable entity is the entire Stable-Tec corporation, with individual sites being considered individual Stables with their own overmares (mayors), and all in established contact with Stable-Tec corporate leadership (Who show up in legends). While this comes into conflict with the established canon of individual Stables being on their own, with little to no contact with the others, setting up Stable entities like that would drastically limit migration (Due to the low populations of individual Stables) and leave no leadership positions like nobility (As the highest position would be the overmare).

Dang, there goes my idea on it.  Heh.  But when you lay out the facts, yea, guess that is how it works under DF.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95 beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1336 on: January 16, 2013, 01:58:13 pm »

Version 0.95b beta has been released with numerous bugfixes and new features. Flow charts depicting the new and old industries will be added to the Workshops and Industries section in the coming days. The ASCII version has been delayed until tomorrow.

•   You can now research certain talismans, processing matrices, and spark batteries at the arcane/MAS research facilities.

o   Requires blank data hologems, which can be produced from rough clear glass at the arcane/MAS gemcrafting stations.
     o   Produces a varying number of research data hologems.
•   Four research data hologems are required to turn a prismatic hologem (Made from diamond at the MAS gemcrafting facility) into a talisman design hologem.
     o   Performed at the arcane/MAS terminals.
•   Talisman design hologems are used at the arcane/MAS talisman forges to produce their talismans from varying combinations of arcane hologems.
•   This is another experimental system, so I will be collecting feedback to balance the gems required for future versions.
•   Fixed Unity and Talon mercenary invasion triggers. They should arrive and fight more consistently now.
•   Preparing a suit of power armor also produces a power armor calibration hologem allowing you to train a single pony to legendary armor user.
     o   Preferably the pony drinking the upgrade potion.
•   You can now repackage suits of power armor into boxes in case a power armor trained pony dies and you need to train a new pony for the suit.
     o   Unpacking it again for the training drink/calibration hologem will require new medical canisters.
     o   Scorpion power armor will also require new spark batteries.
•   Power armor manufacturing now also requires schematics in addition to the power armor processing matrices.
     o   Design notes may be obtained at the MWT prismatic forge by researching power armor boxes or broken power armor pieces for reduced yields.
•   Unicorn ponies can wear scorpion power armor.
•   Repairing frayed wiring, dismantling robot components, and building terminals have been moved to the electronics bench.
•   Firearms can be refurbished using chains/scrap parts and ammunition broken down for base components at the reloading bench.
•   Melee chain weapons can have their chains replaced at the workbench.
•   Refurbishing chain weapons requires steel or plasteel chains.
•   Scrap parts are no longer automatically processed into scrap metal.
•   Temporarily removed lasers from protectoponies while I try to figure out how to stop ponies from collecting errant laser bolts.
•   Opening ammo boxes now requires the mechanics skill, allowing quality levels.
•   The prismatic smelter now smelts specific ores.
•   Synthcola no longer considered an alcohol for the biofuel refinery.
•   Barrel cactuses now produce a wasteland water drink at the still.
     o   Water talisman fountains can produce an unlimited supply of this drink. (uses the brewing skill)
•   Spell targeting divided so that ponies will use weaker and stronger spells on the same targets.
•   Sensor modules can be manufactured at the RobronCo prismatic forge.
•   The bar and its reactions now use the brewing skill.
•   Bone BB pellets are now used to make bonemeal flux.
•   BB pellets have slightly improved penetration.
•   Bumped scrap smelting at the prismatic smelter to guarantee at least one iron bar.
•   Custom workshops have been sorted into categories, and workshops that exclusively use certain skills have those skills at the top of their reactions lists.
     o   Credits go to Meph for the concept.
•   Cyberdogs can gain skills but need to breathe.
•   Bumped clothesmaking to 60 for earth ponies, and removed intimidation boots from ponies in general.
•   Added woodcutting skill bonus to the scavenger talent.
•   Increased density of plasteel.
•   Removed radroaches and radrats from surface biomes, and radscorpions from subterranean caverns.
•   Increased yield of diamonds from the grinder for prismatic hologems.
•   Increased yield of gems from the grinder for basic hologems.
•   Power armor drink physical bonuses changed to static boosts.
•   Removed spark batteries from reactions that don’t deplete them.
•   Moved power armor repair to the armory.
•   Moved battle saddle crafting to the craftspony’s workshop.
•   Reduced the number of teeth belonging to generic creatures.
•   Perk system has been delayed until next version.

As always, enjoy the update and let me know if there are any issues!
:)

I will be heavily occupied by work over the coming weeks, so future updates will arrive at a slower pace.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:06:26 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1337 on: January 16, 2013, 02:06:30 pm »

> Heh Mak, neither of the two castes you mentioned are redundant.
Well, OK, but I still don't want classes I have no use for whatsoever. Your stables are basically big farms, but I don't need more than 3 farmers. Well, maybe 5 so long as they are also haulers. My "smiling flowers" go into the military anyway - I have no other use for them and maybe they can cheer up the rest of their squads, or something. 
In any case, with so many castes, you'll always have overabundance of some and lack of others and giving us redundancy on top of that is itself redundant.

> > Well, they are missing cutie mark descriptions, which are in "descriptor_color_cutiemark.txt". That way you could search either by description or by cutie marks.
> Sorry, but no.
It is a good idea, but I can live without it.

> In other news, I'm removing lasers from the protectoponies, as I have not figured out how to stop ponies from trying to stockpile errant laser bolts.
So they're even weaker now? A good salvo from protectorponies and turrets could keep some animals at bay at least. And there weren't even that many laser bolts, at least in my experience. Do the protectorponies at least get a pistol, like the turrets? They should have some kind of ranged weapon.

EDIT: Oh, wow. An update. It looks good, but most of this stuff comes into play mid to late game, so I'd have to play for a few days to test it. I might have a look over the RAWs, but I have some other things to do first.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:13:53 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 16, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

Excellent, gives me a good reason to start a new stable going by the caste lists.
Things will either be insanely effective or horribly sluggish.

Solid copy on EP clothesmaking, intimidation bonus removal and unicorn scavenger, will get around to it later/tomorrow.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 16, 2013, 03:56:48 pm »

Downloading, guess I can try to go long term.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 16, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »

Good timing, I was just starting a new fort.

A couple things:
CLOTHESMAKING and GEMCRAFTING training hologems are both valid open crate results and can be copied with the new features, but have no use. I believe you forgot to add in training reactions for clothesmaking, dyer, weaving, cutgem, and encrustgem.
The same goes for the high society training hologem, but I have no clue what it would be used for.
A set of gems/reactions to train carpentry, masonry, stonedetailing, and the crafting skills would be nice.

The swim reaction in the fountain requires a boulder still, maybe make it require no reagents and produce a training boulder?
Also, the philosopher garden reactions just add flavor. Maybe make them training boulder producing as well?

I really suggest altering the biofuel reactions to use 1 oil = 1 canister as the base ratio, that way it respects oil stack sizes leaving only alcohol as a possible inefficient reaction.
5 tallow/1 oil/5 alcohol = 1 biofuel
1 flamerfuel = 5 biofuel
1 biofuel = 1 coke
10 biofuel = 1 flamerfuel

Scrap produces every normal metal except nickel, bismuth, silver, and gold. Silver and gold are easily added with a tiny chance, just assume some scrap includes old jewelry. And nickel/bismuth could be added with zinc's chance, just for completeness.

My new fort should be interesting, I learned a lot about getting robots upgraded and getting magic going with my last fort so fewer mistakes shall be made.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 16, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

Also, the philosopher garden reactions just add flavor.

They train certain skills, what those skills are I don't know.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 16, 2013, 06:45:56 pm »

The reactions are for concentration, situational_awareness (observation), and judge intent, but they lack products so they give no XP.
Reactions give XP based on the number of items created, which is why the training stone is needed for the hologem skills and armor training, it's a product that evaporates so you get the skill up but no item to deal with.

Just take a look at the reaction_armory.txt entry for train_armor_legend. It gives 1000 training boulders as a product per reaction. Same result as running the normal armor training reaction 1000 times, but in a fraction of the time.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 16, 2013, 07:00:56 pm »

A question: What has been people's experiance with Hellhounds? I planning to try a Evil biome, and was wondering how others delt with them. Can they take out ponies in steel armor with there claws?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 16, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »

> I believe you forgot to add in training reactions for clothesmaking, dyer, weaving, cutgem, and encrustgem.
That I did. I had another workshop in mind for them, but then forgot about it when planning out the training reactions. I also overlooked the Fountain and Philosopher's Garden when implementing the training boulders. Thanks for catching all this! :)

> A set of gems/reactions to train carpentry, masonry, stonedetailing, and the crafting skills would be nice.
Because of the expense of the required training simulators, the creation of hologems was reserved for skills valuable to the war effort or those specifically requested by the Ministry Mares (For example, the clothesmaking and gemcrafting hologems are found in the crates belonging to Rarity's Ministry of Image).

> I really suggest altering the biofuel reactions to use 1 oil = 1 canister as the base ratio, that way it respects oil stack sizes leaving only alcohol as a possible inefficient reaction.
These are good ratios. I've noted them down in the development list.

> Scrap produces every normal metal except nickel, bismuth, silver, and gold.
I only included metals that had military/technological uses (Aluminum will be used for manufacturing civilian robot models). Any trace metals would be lost in the smelting process.

> Can they take out ponies in steel armor with there claws?
Yep. ;)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:36 pm »

Workshops and Industries

Guidelines

•   Setting up your salvage industry should be your main priority, as the items gained from salvage will aid greatly in both early survival and the later development of advanced technology.
•   Numerous buildings require toolboxes. It is recommended you bring a number of these upon embark, though they can also be made at the metalsmith's forge and salvage yard.
•   Large quantities of coiled wiring are used by both buildings and reactions, and can be made from copper bars at the smelter should you run low.
•   Powered buildings require power talismans, which may be found in Ministry or Industry crates. They are rare, however, so use them wisely.
•   Advanced buildings require terminals, which can be constructed at the Electronics Bench.
•   Workshops that upgrade creatures (Indicated by parentheses in the reactions) require you to pasture or station that creature adjacent to the workshop before running the reaction.
          o   Don't pasture/station them inside the workshop, or they may become stuck when the reaction is run.
          o   Large workshops require the creatures to be pastured closer to the position where the reaction is run.
•   Due to bugs in the DF stockpiling system, workshops will only recognize reagents in stockpiles/workshops that are nearby and not in a different burrow. Plan your layouts accordingly.
•   All salvage and technology items are classified as either tools or toys in Finished Goods, with item-specific material designations located under stone types in the stockpiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Salvage Processing

Resources

Training

Conventional Weapons and Armor

Prismatic Manufacturing

Robotics

Arcane Sciences

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:27:09 am by Lycaeon »

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:46 am »

Because of the expense of the required training simulators, the creation of hologems was reserved for skills valuable to the war effort or those specifically requested by the Ministry Mares (For example, the clothesmaking and gemcrafting hologems are found in the crates belonging to Rarity's Ministry of Image).
Ahh, I see.

I only included metals that had military/technological uses (Aluminum will be used for manufacturing civilian robot models). Any trace metals would be lost in the smelting process.
Bismuth bronze is a weapon metal, and a nation at war probably wouldn't pass up an alloy that stretches the yield of bronze by 33%.
Nickel may not have a stock DF use beyond metalcraft fodder and nickel silver, but a nickel+steel alloy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maraging_steel is reportedly stronger/tougher than steel at the cost of it's edge holding ability. Could easily add it as an alloy better for armor but worse for edge weapons.
Gold and silver both have technological uses as well. They're both better conductors than copper, silver is used in RF devices and optics, and gold is of course used heavily for short chip interconnects. I don't think anyone would object to them being added as requirements for things like processing matrices and sensor modules.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:40 am »

> Biofuel rates
If I could make 1 biofuel out of 1 oil, I would just spam synth-reeds. Note that it takes 5 synth-reeds to make 25 alcohol, that makes 1 biofuel, but 1 synth-reed to make 1 oil. I would need to play to get a "feel" for this, but reducing the oil requirement per biofuel to 4 or 3 could be a good idea, because that way going through the screw press would be more efficient. Otherwise it is better to just make thousands of alcohol from all kinds of plants and biofuel from there. NVM, this was accounted for in Neowulf's proposal.
I disagree with so much tallow to make 1 biofuel. It takes a while to process it and the most I ever had was less than 200. All the alcohol the stable produces is fairly weak and it should take less tallow than alcohol to make biofuel. How much tallow should I need to make a flamer canister anyway? 50+ is too much. 10 is too easy. 20-30?
I would also prefer a better conversion rate between biofuel and flamer fuel canisters. Maybe not 1:1, but almost. Not that it matters that much, people will either use flamers and produce their own canisters or skip them and convert flamer fuel to coke.

> > A set of gems/reactions to train carpentry, masonry, stonedetailing, and the crafting skills would be nice.
Well, if not training holo-gems than some other kind of training reactions for crafting would be nice. Such as "waste 1 material, produce 7 evaporating boulders, learn skill 4 times as fast".

> Scrap produces every normal metal except nickel, bismuth, silver, and gold. Silver and gold are easily added with a tiny chance, just assume some scrap includes old jewellery. And nickel/bismuth could be added with zinc's chance, just for completeness.
I disagree with this. Firstly because those would only ever be trace elements. Secondly because you can make alloys out of ores at the smelter / magma smelter. With an "everything" ore, you could spam things like rose gold, which is ridiculous. Lycaeon likes patching up exploits like this.

How about moving all ammo-related reactions to the Reloading Bench? It would un-clutter the prismatic forge a bit... ah, right, you need fuel or other source of power to make bullets. Not a problem with Gunsmith's Forge, but Prismatic smelter doesn't need fuel.

Since skill gain depends on the number of items produced, copper / aluminium goblets is a good way to train up a munitions pony.

Philosopher's garden trains concentration and observer among other things, which seem to influence the number of XP gained from military demonstrations. I think observer also helps spot ambushes.

I know it isn't even remotely possible, but it would be great if coiled wiring could be built into floors and walls and transmit electric power and data. You could build things like a maneframe with 40 terminals.

EDIT: It would help if either the VR simulator or the Armoury trained Dodge.
Maybe we should get 2 upgrade slots: 1 for Power / Scorpion Armour, one for minigun / flamer battle saddle? But that would screw up the assassin class.

EDIT2: I updated the military training section of my guide.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:22:17 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 17, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

I disagree with this. Firstly because those would only ever be trace elements. Secondly because you can make alloys out of ores at the smelter / magma smelter. With an "everything" ore, you could spam things like rose gold, which is ridiculous. Lycaeon likes patching up exploits like this.
Billion, bronze, brass, electrum, and pewter are the only alloys listed as smeltable with ores only. Adding gold and silver to the ore probability would allow spamming scrap to billion and electrum, but would that really be overpowered since you lose out on the iron/copper/aluminum?
Also, I forgot about lead and platinum. Lead should be part of the ammo industry but the game thinks lead makes terrible metal for projectiles so there is no point. As for platinum, the only use I can think of would be as a catalyst in chemical reactions, though nothing particularly relevant.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 17, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »

ASCII version is up. I made a few changes to switch the odd looking shrubs back to their ASCII forms, something I missed in the previous version. Enjoy! :)

> Biofuel conversion rates
5 tallow/1 oil/5 alcohol = 1 biofuel
1 flamerfuel = 5 biofuel
1 biofuel = 1 coke
10 biofuel = 1 flamerfuel

Neowulf's rates appear reasonable to me. I never intended tallow to be an efficient source of biofuel, merely an option for those overseers wishing to deal with excess amounts of it. The reduced yield of biofuel from flamer fuel is due to the need to concentrate biofuel to create a sufficiently flammable liquid, losing liquid volume in the process. My only caveat is the low oil conversion rate...I would rather not have a Stable's fuel needs be filled by a few plots of synth-reed. I'll play around with the numbers later.

> Well, if not training holo-gems than some other kind of training reactions for crafting would be nice.
I'll consider it, but the cutie marks for those labors are rather common as well.

> Adding gold and silver to the ore probability would allow spamming scrap to billion and electrum.
Making brass and bronze from scrap ore is already barely acceptable, and only because those metals have established uses. Scrap metal comes from the ruins of Equestria's cities, and so will contain the metals used in city and transportation infrastructure. Bismuth, gold, silver, and platinum are not among those metals.

> I know it isn't even remotely possible, but it would be great if coiled wiring could be built into floors and walls and transmit electric power and data.
A good approximation would be a large maneframe workshop that requires numerous terminals, coiled wiring, and other components. However, these maneframes would have very specialized uses, and while such uses are planned, we're still far from that stage in development.

> It would help if either the VR simulator or the Armoury trained Dodge.
Noted. I don't know why I didn't include it earlier.

> Maybe we should get 2 upgrade slots
At the moment the only way to know what a pony has is its name change. Maybe if Dwarf Therapist listed syndromes for ponies...but for now each pony can only receive one.

> I updated the military training section of my guide.
Thanks! :)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 210