Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472687 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1350 on: January 17, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »

This caste is racist, earth ponies are already at a major disadvantage skill gain wise and then this keeps popping up when I browse the castes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Updated it earlier today with the new clothesmaking, intimidation and woodcutting minor changes.
It was just for the shared skills that you changed intimidation right? Or was it changed all across the board?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 17, 2013, 07:00:04 pm »

It's a rare caste, and besides, what did you think Fluttershy was? ???

Intimidation is a shared skill...all ponies will have it at 100 unless they have a talent that affects it.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 17, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »

...a big pegasus jerk?
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 17, 2013, 07:46:51 pm »

Encyclopædia Magika

DISCLAIMERS: Since I have collected every spell in the mod (future spells not included for obvious reasons), this contains spoilers. Read at your own discretion.
This only contains magic related information. It does not contain all offensive/defensive interactions used by creatures in the mod.
THIS GUIDE IS NOT COMPLETE. More will be added as time goes by.

Spoiler: "Basic" Information (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magical Cutie Marks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: List of all spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gems (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ANTIMAGIC Creatures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:52:38 pm by P(ony)SI »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »

Good job P(ony)SI, linked your post in mine for reference.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:42 am »

> My only caveat is the low oil conversion rate...I would rather not have a Stable's fuel needs be filled by a few plots of synth-reed.
1 Synth-reed already can be converted to 1 oil or 5 synthcola and the rates to convert them to biofuel are the same. Personally I'd rather go the alcohol route than the oil route in any case, because I need drinks anyway. You just have to keep the rare Sparkle Cola Rads away and that's it.

> > Well, if not training holo-gems than some other kind of training reactions for crafting would be nice.
> I'll consider it, but the cutie marks for those labors are rather common as well.
Good point. With the upcoming update to Dwarf Therapist they'll also be easy to find.

> This caste is racist, earth ponies are already at a major disadvantage skill gain wise and then this keeps popping up when I browse the castes.
Lol, I disagree. Besides, those are rare and the only good things there are: Observer, Diagnosing, Wound Dressing, Viewrange 30, Cleric Apprentice, Antimagic Apprentice.
I'd rather keep castes like this one than get a taste of your proposed hairdressers and other military fodder.
Besides, I could understand "Earth Pony wannabe", but "a racist jerk"? It is impossible to come to such a conclusion. 

Fluttershy was supposed to be an Earth Pony and Pinkie Pie a Pegasus, which would make a lot of sense. Granted, we wouldn't get the "Yay" and Hurricane Fluttershy, but there would be other jokes.

The magic guide is less than adequate. It doesn't say what spells are mutually exclusive. It doesn't even have durations and cooldowns, depending on who's casting it. That makes it even more incomplete then Replica refusing to put cutie mark descriptions along with caste descriptions in his caste guide and mocking me for even telling him to. Destruction spells lack their severity. With all this said, there is enough information in there for this to be useful, but there is much room for improvement. 

Wow, there's a lot of creatures with some level of resistance to magic. Too many in my opinion, but it won't make such a big of a difference. By the time anyone has spells, the security should be ready to handle such threats without them.

"Apprentice level ponies will just learn spells from their school faster." No, apprentice+ get progressively better versions of the same spells. According to Lycaeon they can also learn one additional school of magic, but I haven't been able to find how this works in the RAWs and didn't do any tests.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:09 am »

"Thank you Replica & PSI for volunteering to do something important that I myself can't be arsed to do at all!

Also I understand why you can't follow my every whim, after all PSI just posted his work and Replica has many other things to do aside from babysitting me and tending to his post!
I'm sure that they will gradually update and improve their posts as the days pass and maybe even implement some of my suggestions if I am not acting like a total dickwad about it!
But you know guys, consider my suggestions, I know that not all of them are good and understandably you don't have the time to scour through all the cutiemarks and the entire creature_pony file to implement my cutiemark suggestion, but that's alright, because if it bothers me all too much I could just do it myself and help contribute instead of being a bitch about it, right?"

I appreciate your feedback and all Maklak, but god damn, calm your tits. :\

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:42 am »

Quote from: Maklak
The magic guide is less than adequate. It doesn't say what spells are mutually exclusive. It doesn't even have durations and cooldowns, depending on who's casting it.
Yes, I can acknowledge that. I had only two days to make this, the first day being completely ruined because I didn't save the text.
...Mutually exclusive? Wha?
I would have posted the actual spell interaction, but it would end up cluttering the post.
Destruction spells lack their severity.
You're spellist! The guide doesn't mention any of the spells' severities, and you only focus on Destruction!

Wow, there's a lot of creatures with some level of resistance to magic. Too many in my opinion, but it won't make such a big of a difference. By the time anyone has spells, the security should be ready to handle such threats without them.
In this mod, all the creatures in which the spells would be most useful against are immune to it. Simple logic :P

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 18, 2013, 09:55:36 am »

OK, Replica, I'm standing down. One of us should and I don't want this argument to escalate further. Besides, I can search castes by descriptions just as fine as I can by cutie marks. It is just that it would be convenient to have both.

> ...Mutually exclusive? Wha?
Hm... OK, I take that back. In 0.88 destruction spells were mutually exclusive and only one could run on a victim, so I argued that it isn't worth it to have Pain. By the looks of it, now each spell only checks if the same spell is running, so my bad.
Oddly, Bind and Paralyze don't even check if they are active for the same creature, so it would seem they stuck with themselves multiple times. NVM, I missed the tags. Both Bind and Paralyze have up to two variants and each of those variants checks for itself, so at most a creature can be under one each of: BIND, BIND_OFFENSE, PARALYZE, PARALYZE_OFFENSE.
Ah, "Rage" and "Disorientation" Illusion spells are mutually exclusive, but you probably don't want them running at the same time anyway.
Hm.., Steadfast Ward gives SHIELD_ADEPT, which means resisting most hostile magic. That's in addition to damage reduction. Nice.

Here's what info I'd find useful, using "Bind" as an example:
BIND and BIND_OFFENCE are copies of each other. They both lower Speed, Agility, Kinesthetic Sense and all Skill rolls to 50% for the duration of 150 TUs. Multiple binds can run on the same creature and they stack. 
A normal Unicorn (MAGIC_NOVICE) can do it once per 288 TUs at a range of 2.
Magic Apprentice and Alchemist (Alteration?) Apprentice, as well as Adepts in other schools can use one BIND and one BIND_OFFENCE once per 288 TUs, so in practice they will use both and pin down their target harder. Their ranges are 2 for BIND and 3 for BIND_OFFENCE.
Finally Alchemist (Alteration) Adept and Magic Master learn the strongest version. They can BIND and BIND_OFFENCE once per 144 TUs each at ranges of 3 and 4, respectively. This means they can chain-cast it and keep their enemy pinned.

For other schools of magic there is generally at least the restriction not to cast the same spell on the same target until it wears off, so ponies who could do that, will instead cast their spells on two targets.

> In this mod, all the creatures against which the spells would be most useful against are immune to it.
When the assassin class comes around, I predict that it will be able to hide and insta-kill up to a Spell Ranger from very close once a week, but the really dangerous things will be immune. Still, that is a nice, cheap upgrade for expendable line troopers.

I added a section on defensive architecture to my military guide.

When it comes to Time Dilatation and Time Stop, TD can be used once per 2 days and TS once per 7 days, so in practice they will both be used once per combat. One of them will be used, then EXHAUSTION effect will kick in, reducing the Pony's speed and 300 TUs from the beginning, the second spell will be used, again causing EXHAUSTION. I don't have much of a problem with it in case of Time Dilatation, because I think it pays for itself in terms of total actions during those 300 TUs, but TS only works for 20 TUs, then leaves the pony exhausted for almost 300. I still don't think TS is worth it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:27:36 pm by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:11 pm »

Current fortress... over 100 ponies now.  No mass die-outs due to starvation or dehydration this time around.

Random Highlights:
Got me a vampire pony.  She is my defacto carpenter of forever and ever alone... and I have so many ponies now.  Usually they die as fast as they come in, due to the above mentioned problems and/or plain ol invaders.
One of the stable caravans got ambushed and crushed at the edge of the map by slavers or something.
Minotaur boss finally breaks down one of my doors and curbstomps a pony trying to get outside.  Minotaur boss ends up fighting a Mr Hooves, they were practically equal... my +30 recruits made quick work of it while it had its attention on the Mr Hooves.  Before then, Minotaur Boss was doing the Benny Hill loop with some random pony outside.
Necromancer set fire to half the map.  It freed... and burned a buncha invaders that were in some cage traps.  The ambush, minotaur and the necro were all on the map at the same time.
I am the proud owner of +15 thieves/snatchers and roughly the same in invaders.  I don't know what to do with them.
I've bought 2 slaves and they've ended up starving or something before I remembered to do anything with em.  Well, I was half way to getting the 2nd slave out of the cage...
The dust cloud of barfings is more dangerous this time around or something.  Had one taking forever to do surgery/chop off infected skin from one of my more important ponies, rotting all over the body... still only scraping off the right cheek when she finally succumbs to infection.  I just only remember the pony deaths relating to this being caused by choking on their own vomit... cause ponies too busy dying in droves. (No water or food.)

I'm just waiting for something superbly catastrophic to happen anyday now... time to build up a stocked up bunker area.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 18, 2013, 02:39:31 pm »

PSI, I'll put up your magic guide once I've completed the flowchart revamp of the Workshops and Industries. Thanks! :)

> You just have to keep the rare Sparkle Cola Rads away and that's it.
Certain drinks like sparkle cola aren't considered alcohol for the purposes of the reaction, so no worries there.

> In this mod, all the creatures in which the spells would be most useful against are immune to it.
It's more like an ordinary unicorn's magic is too weak to affect stronger creatures.

> Oddly, Bind and Paralyze don't even check if they are active for the same creature.
The two spell types and their offense versions do check for themselves, so each creature can only be affected by one bind and one paralyze at a time.

>  TS only works for 20 TUs, then leaves the pony exhausted for almost 300.
The dramatic speed increase lets the unicorn do much more within that time frame, but perhaps I'll increase it.

> Current fortress... over 100 ponies now.  No mass die-outs due to starvation or dehydration this time around.
Vampires and necromancers are disabled in the custom Equestria worldgen, so you're probably using the default Create World. That's well and good...though I may have to fast forward some parts of development if people want FoE-adapted versions.

I guess I should give slaves NO_EAT and NO_DRINK, so they can survive until you get around to turning them into robobrains. :P
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 18, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »

> > Oddly, Bind and Paralyze don't even check if they are active for the same creature.
> The two spell types and their offense versions do check for themselves, so each creature can only be affected by one bind and one paralyze at a time.
I checked again and... yes, you're right of course. I missed the [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:BOUND] because I expected those to be lower. I partly fixed my previous post. Once I'm close to understanding how spells work, the system looks quite elegant.

I tried to look up more spells on the forum, but they were mostly things like "ice shards", similar to what you already have for destruction.

> >  TS only works for 20 TUs, then leaves the pony exhausted for almost 300.
> The dramatic speed increase lets the unicorn do much more within that time frame, but perhaps I'll increase it.
To me this is something of an all-or-nothing situation. The Unicorn will act once per 1-2 turns for 20 TUs and possibly overwhelm the enemy all by himself, but if not, you're looking at 280 TUs of partial vulnerability. This is a top-tier spell and most stables won't even get a Unicorn who can learn it or be willing to sacrifice all the resources (including a perfectly good Time Dilatation hologem) to make the Time Stop hologem. I was thinking more along the lines of reducing the exhaustion, but increasing the duration would be good too. For the effort it takes to get it, it should outshine Time Dilatation by far, especially that casting it once a week effectively means once per combat. Even if you were to bump it to 50 TUs, at most there would be one or two Unicorns per stable capable of casting this, and by the time a stable scrambles together the resources to get this spell, it won't tip the balance all that much in favour of ponies.

> I guess I should give slaves NO_EAT and NO_DRINK, so they can survive until you get around to turning them into robobrains.
In-fluff we can just pretend they are being fed scraps from the dining room :P
In-crunch it would be very helpful and it's not like unsorted slaves will eat and drink enough to make any difference. As of now, I can probably pasture them over grates over my reservoir and close to a food stockpile and they'll be OK while I spam the reaction to free them or wait for a pony to get thirsty and give them "a free upgrade". (That was a joke. In Doctor Whoves, Cyberponies are ponies who got a "free upgrade".)

> Books.
I don't know. On one hoof a library would be kinda nice and we already have paper, but it has its uses, if only for speeches, spell research and music. On the other once we have hologems, books seem kinda superfluous. On the third there are hardly any worthwhile books left after MoI is done with them. Plus as Lycaeon stated, crafting cutie marks get massive bonuses to learning rates anyway, which makes training of non-essential skills partly redundant. I abstain.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:51:24 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 18, 2013, 04:06:45 pm »

Yeesh I'm slow...

Books.
Training hologems are pre-war technology, and as such only war relevant skills are found on them. But what about regular old books?
Using the hologems as a template, it would be simple to add pre-war books to salvage with a desk building to read them in and a paper based production chain to copy and create new ones.
New books could be created through a long process of writing research notes using the relevant skill (paper scroll + skill = 50% chance of a note), and maybe some "field work" reactions that create syndrome boulders to harm the researcher in a relevant way (100% chance of atleast 1 note). Once you have enough notes you transcribe them onto a blank datagem and get a book template hologem, which can be used at a printer building with paper stacks to make a usable book.

Have books cover every skill and reading them trains with 1 training boulder. Then change the hologem reactions so they give 5-10 boulders per reaction, being a superior training method for the limited skills they cover.

There is precedence from the games, and this way you have a reason to cover all the non-wartime skills like plant gathering, carpentry, and masonry.

PS: Calling myself slow because I've been debating whether to take the time and create a custom simulator building that requires all the different hologems to build and makes all the trainings available reagent/hauling free. Books can do the exact same thing, thematically better even, as a library.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 18, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »

>Vampires and necromancers are disabled in the custom Equestria worldgen, so you're probably using the default Create World. That's well and good...though I may have to fast forward some parts of development if people want FoE-adapted versions.
Actually, I edited your custom Equestria worldgen to add in a very small number of those things.  And made the world gen more of the embarks I like.  Many Bothans diedtweeks and rejections to get it right.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 18, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

Anyone know why skills like security baton and all that aren't showing up in my embark skill allocation?

I'm not really sure why it's showing up with default skills.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 210