Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472535 times)

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95b beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1455 on: January 30, 2013, 05:50:40 pm »

12 years in a evil savage area, hundreds of high and mid quality salvage logs processed, 25 stable-tec/10 robronco/7 MWT processing matrices, a half dozen power talismans.
And not a single MAS crate or processor.
My luck sucks...

Also, the cooking and conversation training reactions at the terminal will gladly take posters or any training hologem. I don't see any errors in the reactions.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »

> The mud ponies are pretty much entirely underground, either farming or digging, with most of the surface already sealed off besides a strategic passage with a turret at the end of it.
Hopefully that's enough to let the migrants in. :-\

> Wait, are you telling me there are two kinds of dust storms: Some do nothing and some are irradiated?
There are four types of weather:
Dust storms: Occur in numerous areas, but apart from some temporary blindness and blistering don't cause permanent damage. Still fun to get caught in if you're in the middle of a fight.
Irradiated dust: Weakens or cripples victims for long periods of time, but survival rates are high.
Heavily Irradiated dust: High chance of ghoulification or death. Survivors are permanently bedridden.
Pink Cloud: Instantly kills most forms of life.

> No, I like the dust. Just wish it wouldn't force my camera to look at them when they spawn.
In the case of weather you'll get notifications for all clouds or none of them, so my options apart from removing dust storms are limited.

> I once said that the VRS should train Dodge in addition to weapon skills. Actually, I'd like things like wrestling, striking, kicking and so on too.
Added to the development list, then. I may consider teaching and student as well.

> Yeah, I have a problem understanding how CMs and Equestrian economy work together.
I always imagined that the cutie mark distribution of the Equestrian population adapts to social, economic, and cultural changes. For example, more young ponies would find themselves labor-based marks in response to an increasingly industrialized economy. There are also plenty of marks that lack an implied career or focus, giving their ponies some freedom to choose their purpose in life.

Or they can pull a Red Eye and just burn their marks off. ;)

> It also seems that the 60th caste uses DM60
I think I intended that caste to be a free spirit type.

> I was thinking a bit about posting, but here is a stable report about my first year.
Thanks gzoker! I always enjoy Stable reports (They're a great help in development, not to mention entertaining). Plenty have been posted in the thread before (A list is up on the first page, thanks to Replica), so yours are just as welcome. :)

> Captain Love, and Private Pine were very unhappy. They were ordered to charge a few batteries. A few weeks of unconsciousness will make them some good.
I like the way you think. :P

> Also, the cooking and conversation training reactions at the terminal will gladly take posters or any training hologem.
Thanks for catching that. There was indeed a typo in the cooking reaction, though the conversation reaction seems fine. Did all the reactions using the social skill hologem have the same problem?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:25:09 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:17 pm »

Lycaeon, I want to see if I got this correct for making spells.

First of all, you carve a lens out of a gem in the Arcane Gemcrafting Station, and you use that lens to make a hologram.
Then, you prepare a paper/silk scroll at the Scriptorium. You then make 4 more lenses at the AGS, and you combine that with the scroll in the Arcane Research Station to make a spell scroll.

You then take the hologram and the spell scroll and plug it into the Arcane/MAS terminal to make a hologram for a specific spell.
Finally, you take that hologram and plug it into the terminal again, making sure that your unicorn has the capacity to learn the spell.
Now you have successfully learned the spell.

Am I correct in all of this? This almost gave me a stroke trying to figure out.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 30, 2013, 09:50:11 pm »

Here is the summarized production process:

Gemcrafting Station:
Clear glass → Clear lenses (Required for the Arcane Research Facility)
Rough gems → Arcane Lenses (Low, Mid, High, Pristine)
Rough gems → Arcane Hologems (Basic, Advanced, Pristine)

Arcane Research Facility:
Arcane Lenses, Blank Scroll, Spark Batteries → Arcane Scroll
     Advanced arcane scrolls also require a scroll of the next lower level.
     Advanced arcane scrolls require higher quality lenses or a large number of lower quality lenses.
     Lenses have a low chance of being broken by the reaction, which increases with lower quality lenses or advanced research.

Arcane Terminal:
Arcane Hologem, Arcane Scroll → Spell Hologem
     Advanced spell hologems also require a lower level spell hologem.

Spell Hologem → Learn Spells

You pretty much had it all down except for the hologem-making. When in doubt you can check the reaction in-game for the list of reagents. Just keep in mind that unicorns may have to run the training reaction multiple times before they learn the spell (Success is indicated by a flashing tile and combat reports announcement).

Edit to below: Got it, Neowulf. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:24:00 pm by Lycaeon »

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 30, 2013, 10:01:38 pm »

Thanks for catching that. There was indeed a typo in the cooking reaction, though the conversation reaction seems fine. Did all the reactions using the social skill hologem have the same problem?
Just conversation. I don't even have a social skills hologem (another testament to my bad luck, see as I have 7 arcade hologems...) so it really stands out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:07 pm »

I'm considering making a story thread about his mod, like I am with th dragon ball Z mod.....Still thinking about it though.
Could always record it, but....I would need a recording software.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:33 am »

Slave Traders can sometimes be fragile in world gen...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 31, 2013, 05:42:49 am »

I'd like someone to do a test: Take a weak EP, feed it Power Armour upgrade potion, then assign him to military and see if his strength is increasing at all. I'm wondering if attributes are capped or not in Fortress mode.
If they are, then the cap should be att_cap = initial_value + max {initial_value, median_for_that_caste}.

Dust Storms: Keep them, I guess. They make outdoor military training more difficult in relatively benign areas.

EDIT:
we should remove the CMs that wouldn't normally show up. E.G., Animal Caretaker, which doesn't technically do anything at the moment. Also, some of the conversationalists, humorists, and psychiatrists. Any comments?
Replica wants even more of them :P
I'm against removing CMs completely, but changing the bonuses and manipulating frequencies is fine. I'd rather have a few ponies with nearly useless CMs than lots of clones.
Come to think of it, very frequent castes could be cloned and divided to have more CMs, but that may not be a good idea, as it would introduce more confusion.

Has anypony mined starmetal yet? It's only good uses at the moment seem to be security barding and chains for weapons.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:29:32 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:07 am »

I always imagined that the cutie mark distribution of the Equestrian population adapts to social, economic, and cultural changes. For example, more young ponies would find themselves labor-based marks in response to an increasingly industrialized economy. There are also plenty of marks that lack an implied career or focus, giving their ponies some freedom to choose their purpose in life.
That's what I was talking about, we should remove the CMs that wouldn't normally show up. E.G., Animal Caretaker, which doesn't technically do anything at the moment. Also, some of the conversationalists, humorists, and psychiatrists. Any comments?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 31, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »

Use them as haulers/fodder.  Effective removal done.

Not everypony has a useful talent...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 31, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »

Thanks Lyc. I'll put that in the guide later.

Don't remove the "useless" cutie marks. I don't want constant clones.

Dust storms should go unless they become more dangerous (unlikely).

I'd like someone to do a test: Take a weak EP, feed it Power Armour upgrade potion, then assign him to military and see if his strength is increasing at all. I'm wondering if attributes are capped or not in Fortress mode.
If they are, then the cap should be att_cap = initial_value + max {initial_value, median_for_that_caste}.
As far as I know, attribute initialization (setting the attribute values for creatures in the raws) and normal attribute gains are capped to 5000, but attributes can go higher than 5000 using interactions.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 31, 2013, 05:49:31 pm »

Here is my second year. Again, if it bothers anyone i will remove it. (for legitimate reasons only)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A few pretty little pictures, and an ugly big one.
My little orphan, Sister Tower
The mental picture of this little filly... she is calling her little brother her sister, because she doesn't know any better yet... she is traveling to an unknown place in this unforgiving wasteland with her family... then watching his father and her 'sister' torn apart in front of her... running off confused... her screaming-crying mother when is safe, then watching her going mad and slowly fade away... I wonder how much she understood from what was going on...

When the drug system will be implemented can we get something similar to what i did with the batteries? Morphine or something to knock out the really unhappy ones. Or a reaction to get really drunk at the bar. The unconsciousness could come from the alcohol poisoning to justify it.

This map hasn't got any high quality salvage(HQS), not even in the caverns. Can i get all creates from medium salvage, or do i have to trade for some HQS to get all tech trees?

Hehe wasteland, i saved one
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:02:41 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

> Slave Traders can sometimes be fragile in world gen.
There are only two slave trader civs at present, but I'll increase them to four.

> Dust Storms
I've decided to remove them. The Fallout and FoE canon make little to no reference to dust storms, so they are neither accurate to the setting or a useful challenge.

> That's what I was talking about, we should remove the CMs that wouldn't normally show up.
Your citizens come from the Stables, so their distribution is different from the that of the wastelanders. Maintaining a viable population within a closed Stable has its own influences upon the cutie mark distribution. For example, you'd need psychiatrists and entertainers to keep ponies sane despite their artificially cramped conditions, and numerous Stables maintained pet/livestock populations that would require the services of an animal caretaker. There wasn't that much to do, work or entertainment-wise (You could only watch so many re-runs from the Stable's limited book and film archives), so many ponies would probably have spent their days talking. This isn't even considering the various experimental Stables, which yielded ponies raised under abnormal or even outright alien conditions.

Hmm...migrants with odd cutie marks and talents from experimental Stables...that's another idea for the eventual revamp. :)

Gzoker
An enjoyable read. :) I'm especially intrigued by the modeling of your Stable upon a collapsed skyscraper and attached subway system.

> A little later she is holding the empty battery in the new flux converter, the gas comes... and nothing.
The gas-based reactions don't work 100% of the time.

> This map hasn't got any high quality salvage(HQS), not even in the caverns. Can i get all creates from medium salvage, or do i have to trade for some HQS to get all tech trees?
Unfortunately the Ministry of Awesome and Ministry of Arcane Sciences crates can only be found in high-quality salvage. While some should be found in the first cavern layer, in rare instances certain embarks will lack cavern salvage.

> I fear that her body is going to burn away with the next wave of raiders.
Are you sure it was the raiders that caused the earlier brush fire? They don't have anything that can start a fire...in fact, I'm trying to find and remove most non-Stable sources of fire.

> Well it seems that i can only assign the chief medical officer post to unicorns.
It was intended, though on second thought I should make the position open to all ponies.

> Our Elder Lion Transcribed and learned our first spell, the healing spell(tier1).
Yay! Just note that you need a Stable-Tec terminal to designate ponies in the hospital for healing (With the unicorn healer running the reaction within 2 tiles of the wounded pony).

> My little orphan, Sister Tower
 :(

> When the drug system will be implemented can we get something similar to what i did with the batteries? Morphine or something to knock out the really unhappy ones.
Probably.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »

I think the brush fires come from the raiders. Anytime they spawn, usually the end of the seasons fires starts on the edge of the map. Then later i can see their XXleather bardingXX where the fire started. I have seen this in many different stables.
I thought they had flamethrower battlesaddles, but i don't remember where did i get that idea from. Probably somewhere around the beginning of the thread.

Edit: can i change somehow the soda vendors to give high quality salvage instead?
Edit2: I have seen the raider fire on multiple worldgens, and with different versions of the mod. (the previous one) I played around 6 forts stables and 100+ hours with that one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:09:27 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 31, 2013, 08:45:02 pm »

> I think the brush fires come from the raiders. Anytime they spawn, usually the end of the seasons fires starts on the edge of the map. Then later i can see their XXleather bardingXX where the fire started.
That's odd...has anyone else experienced this problem? It could be a bug with that particular worldgen, but otherwise I'm not sure.

> Can i change somehow the soda vendors to give high quality salvage instead?
Since your caverns are bugged you can change [REACTION_CLASS:SALVAGE_HIGH] to [REACTION_CLASS:SALVAGE_VENDOR] in reaction_salvage.txt in your save raws. Next time, however, I recommend using DFhack to check the caverns for salvage or embarking in an evil or savage region.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 210