Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472825 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1575 on: February 09, 2013, 08:36:45 pm »

Raiders and slavers still have their cutie marks at the bottom of each creature:

Code: [Select]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:DM1a:1:DM2a:1:DM3a:1...etc...
[TLCM_NOUN:cutie mark:SINGULAR]
[TLCM_TIMING:ROOT:8:0:8:1]

The list of marks itself is in descriptor_color_cutiemark_evil.txt.

It was the hundreds of castes that were causing the lag problems, so without them, the marks work like any other appearance modifier.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 09, 2013, 10:13:54 pm »

Just copy horses...

I think the Ponys in F:EQ has body size 70000 for adults, the same as humans in DF. Griffons have 175000
Large Radscorpions have 80000 and Giant Radscorpions have 400000

Giant Radscorpions are large!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 10, 2013, 02:15:48 am »

Hmmm....  I probably wasted a ton of I don't know what trying to convert ponies not right next to the slave converter.  Much trial and error.
Slaves are friendly with each other, due to packing em together... but none of em progressed pass friend during the rehabilitation process.

What is the difference between an enslaved and rehabilitated pony?  It really is not apparent, other then cost and words at the bottom.
... I can butcher the converted ponies.

Confirmation on former slave ponies of both rehabilitated and enslaved eventually being able to join military once they get good at something.

Also, its a miracle... a child born a few years in while more then double the cap.

EDIT: It is a glorious day for the slaves.  One of em became Expedition Leader after the first was shot and killed outside... in a not so epic one sided shootout, where she knocked away 4 bullets before getting riddled in the stuff by a buncha wastelanders for some reason.

I'm pretty sure I didn't piss em off?  Sure, I didn't bother to trade with em the last year or 2... and they did send a diplomat the year before...  But yea, they are camping outside with a campfire right now.  I guess I have been holding one of their werething citizens for the past few years...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:58:43 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:34 pm »

> Un-cutting gems.
Hm, I was pretty sure, I never saw a rough gem brought by the caravan, but the wiki says "The majority of these gems can be brought by and requested from the dwarven caravan, in both cut and rough form.", so maybe I just missed it or the stable caravan lacks something in the RAWs. Exploits with cutting lenses and un-cutting gems could be removed by removing cut gems from Arcane Gemcgrafting Station reaction products for lenses and hologems. I intend to look at Caravans, Liaisons and gems some more.

> Plants to ash.
I wanted the reactions to turn plants into wood from Nikodeng's mod, but this works too. We won't get charcoal, but we'll get lots of ash to make gunpowder out of. It will also be a good sink for all those Dimple Cups, I keep getting from weeding the soil layers.

> Shields
Overcoming a Unicorn Shield wall is frustrating and needs power in numbers, but removing shields completely from enemies already weaker than the local wildlife would make them too trivial. If anything, remove their riot shields, so they only get the smaller varieties and can be torched.

> Gzoker:
I played Ponderplanned, a 0.88 Stable and pistoleros / rifleponies are OK as support, but need some meat shields to keep them safe. Either use Unicorn melee ponies with at least 3 Riot shields or robots as bodyguards. Either way the ranged ponies can wound, cause bleeding and pain and make the job of melee ponies easier, but are fragile, just as you wrote. Some training in Shield Use and Dodge, for example by an Elite Stable Dweller, can do them a lot of good.

I have an 0.95c embark, but haven't played with it yet. I should do so soon. I didn't get any good CMs except for a weaponsmith, accidentally trained a pony in Blacksmithing instead of Metalsmithing and didn't luck out on embark points.
EDIT: Hmm, 3 Bloodwings came around on day 3. Those things are fast and are killing Carp. I don't even have any weapons. Not good. This embark is also quite poor in everything.

EDIT: I like the new sorting and separation of workshops in the build menu.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:54:04 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 10, 2013, 06:38:01 pm »

Well, today is a good day for the....actualy, it's not a good day for anyone.

The Talons arrived while some Wastelanders were trading, and my only reliable trade partners got obliterated as I had my ponies flee into the underground. Only 3 out of 21 (Which used to be over 70, but then !!ponies!!) dead, so thats decent enough. I mean, one of the ponies was a unicorn who could have been trained in magic, but what can one do?

On that note, I have a Hellhound problem. Anyone know how many show up on average underground?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:40:05 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 10, 2013, 08:41:21 pm »

On that note, I have a Hellhound problem. Anyone know how many show up on average underground?
2-4, underground. 1-3 above ground.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 10, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

Zangi: > What is the difference between an enslaved and rehabilitated pony?
Enslaved ponies have weaker stats and [FLEEQUICK].

> I can butcher the converted ponies.
I don't know what to make of that...it shouldn't be possible according to the Stable pony ethics, but as long as the slaves still perform labors I'm fine with it as an unintended feature.

> Confirmation on former slave ponies of both rehabilitated and enslaved eventually being able to join military once they get good at something.
Yay! :)

> A child born a few years in while more then double the cap.
The DF population cap is rather unreliable in stopping births/migrants.

> But yea, they are camping outside with a campfire right now.
A civ can become hostile if a diplomat or too many caravans die on your map.

Maklak: I'll be brainstorming gems as well, but for now I'm against converting small cut gems back to rough gems.

> We won't get charcoal, but we'll get lots of ash to make gunpowder out of.
You can get charcoal (coke) from the biofuel refinery, so ash was the main resource chokepoint.

> Removing shields completely from enemies already weaker than the local wildlife would make them too trivial.
At the moment only the Talons have riot shields, and having any shield at all (even a buckler) protects from flame attacks. Though I'm more inclined towards removing their shields (They already have the numbers advantage, and there are no shields in the novel), if that's not possible I'll give them fewer grasps and/or bucklers.

Pokon: Were the !!Ponies!! due to fire or some other reason?

> On that note, I have a Hellhound problem. Anyone know how many show up on average underground?
More than intended, actually. Wildlife population is one of the things I'm editing for the next version.

Thanks for the input everyone! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 11, 2013, 02:21:26 am »

>> I can butcher the converted ponies.
>I don't know what to make of that...it shouldn't be possible according to the Stable pony ethics, but as long as the slaves still perform labors I'm fine with it as an unintended feature.

Sadly, the parts are not edible... and sent to my refuse pile, even the bones...  I had a buncha non-converted slave ponies go crazy after a slaver caravan got ambushed.  Albeit, the Talons were camping em hardcore.
Apparently, these particular ponies don't have a place in my coffins.

... I should remember to try out butchering a converted pony next time they go crazy.  And I'll have to eventually experiment with assigning a converted pony to one of my 'superior' stable ponies.

EDIT: Basically like a bodyguard pony, especially if the converted pony ends up having to follow the stable pony like a pet.  Well, I'll train em up before I do assign.

>> A child born a few years in while more then double the cap.
>The DF population cap is rather unreliable in stopping births/migrants.
Not a bad thing really, cause most of the administrative and noble positions can only be given to non-former slaves... old age and accidents do happen...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:13:23 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:04 am »

My slaver caravan won't bring slaves. They haven't brought much of anything, though, so I'm still hopeful.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 11, 2013, 10:31:14 am »

My slaver caravan won't bring slaves. They haven't brought much of anything, though, so I'm still hopeful.
They come during the springtime, you sure you triggered em yet?  Their icons are 's', opposed to 'w' of the wastelanders.

Also, kinda hilarious having wastelanders come in riding on bighorners...  more meat and bones for my industry.  Totally need more bones to bring my slaves up to military status...  I barely have a military as is.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 11, 2013, 11:11:41 am »

They come during the springtime, you sure you triggered em yet?  Their icons are 's', opposed to 'w' of the wastelanders.

Also, kinda hilarious having wastelanders come in riding on bighorners...  more meat and bones for my industry.  Totally need more bones to bring my slaves up to military status...  I barely have a military as is.
Yes, I know.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 11, 2013, 11:32:42 am »

A report from initial first months of a stable in a "nice" location.

The "Ambusher" trick didn't work out for me and I don't even have a BB gun.
Huh, I only have one male, Servitor.

12 March 
The Bloodwings left us alone... for now at least.
The militia is formed. Sunny (Armour User 5, Teacher 5) becomes the militia commander, while Dodger (Dodge 5, Teacher 5) and Dolphin (Axe 5, Teacher 5) join her. They don't get any weapons yet; our only hacksaw is to be used for cutting down some trees and salvage.

14 March 
Two Bloodwings approach the camp. The metal industry isn't even up yet! All I can do is give each soldier a shield and hope for the best. Miraclously... the Bloodwings leave. 

Good news. There was a useable steel hacksaw inside some garbage pile. The soldiers can use that.

18th March
Charcoal production has begun. Checklist becomes the resident clerk.
Bloodwings come dangerously close to the camp again. One of them rages and attacks a cat. The security is told to cancel their dodging demonstration and engage. The civilians are ordered underground. Strawberry runs away, chased by the Bloodwing. Those things are fast. The Bloodwing is chased away, so we call off the alert, but that's too soon; it comes back. The monster is engaged. It collides with Dodger, knocking her back. It manages to severely wound Dodger's leg, but is engaged by Dolphin with the steel hacksaw and she cuts off it's left arm. Sunny joins the fight and bashes the Bloodwing with her shield. This turns the tide of battle, but we'll still need a hospital.

24th March 
Dodger is moved to a makeshift hospital and Anvil was told to diagnose her. Anvil procastenated for a few days, as she is not easily moved to pity, so Servitor was chosen for the role of CMP instead. As if out of spite, Anvil finally went to diagnose Dodger. All the civilian ponies were told to help in the hospital. While Dodger waits to be healed, the rest ot the soldiers waste their time waiting for a dodging demonstration that won't happen.

27th March
The healing of Dodger progresses. The bloodwings leave and two falcons come along instead.

6th April 
Anvil was doing all the healing for Dodger, so she is now the CMP.
Dolphin and Sunny got bored waiting for Dodger, so they're having a Wrestling demonstration instead.

8th April 
Apparently... Anvil can't make bronze hacksaws out of bronze bars and charcoal and needs refined coal. Maybe she just failed to notice somepony moving the bin with charcoal. She can make helmets just fine, but not hacksaws. What the hay? OK, this is not a bug, just an unintended feature of the "improved" hauling system. The bin with charcoal was moved and so the job of forging hacksaws was cancelled. Nevermind.

16th April 
Dodger just needs a crutch and a dressing now, but nopony seems to care... ecept for the other soldiers who decided to wait for Dodging demonstration instead of training Wrestling, which did pretty much nothing.

26th April 
Dodger finally leaves the hospital. Anvil did a lot of good work on her and now only her fat remains cut open and there is no infection. This leg should heal on it's own eventually. Well, except for the nerve damage. Unfortunately her crutch slows her down. The dodging demonstrations resumes soon afterwards, but the soldiers don't pick up their new bronze security helmets.

18th May 
The soldiers learn Dodging pretty quickly through Dodger's demonstrations, but not Hacksaw or Armour use. There are some Radhogs around, but nothing dangerous.

1st June
It is now Summer. Dolphin leads an axe demonstration. The soldiers have full security uniforms now, except for the horseshoes, but they refuse to wear them.

9th June
Dodger and Dolphin Sparr. Afterwards Sunny and Dolphin Sparr. All the ponies have 90 learning rate for Dodging for some reason. It is bad as it is.

19th June 
Armour use demonstration. The soldiers wear their Barding just fine, but refuse to wear helmets. I think this is because their hoods prevent them from it. Lyceaon, I know you nerfed the hoods to prevent the exploits with wearing too many, but surely wearing just one with a helmet would be fine? I mean some civilians are using hoods and there is no way to wear helmets other than "Replace clothing." They get two leather riot shields each.

2nd July 
Dodger's leg is healed, apart from the neve damage. The soldiers are wasting their time with fighting demonstration. There is too few ponies and too much work. The first residential complex is designed. 

6th July
Yay, migrants. Only 3 of them, unfortunately. The military is fine for now, so we get a salvager, a miner and a generalist. Two of the new arrivals are males. One is a Unicorn, Stethoscope and becomes the new Chief Medical Pony.
Scrap ore is mow scarce and despite processing lots of low quality salvage and some medium, I have few of it. If I didn't have a serious shortage of normal wood and charcoal, I'd heave a serious shortage of ore. Plus I'm using it efficiently and making bronze.

19th July
With a second salvager, the operation becomes that much more efficient. The radhogs come dangerously close to the salvagers, but fortunately back out before I have to call in security.

1st September 
Autumn has come. A biofuel refinery is built and used to convert some of the excess tallow into biofuel and fuel for the furnaces. Bronze Serrated Discs are commisionned for trade.

7th September 
A flock of 6 Bloodwings come around. I don't think the Security can handle this many without losses. I watch them, ready to evacuate civilians inside if need be and tell the ponies to build doors.

8th September 
Checklist runs right into the swarm of Bloodwings, enraging some of them. The civilians are ordered inside and the Security ordered to engage. Checklist escapes, but Anvil is slowed down by the load of ore she was carrying. The security is told to kill the Bloodwing chasing after her. She is the one with the best cutie mark around, as evidenced by the fine bronze weapons and armour the soldiers got. Sunny joins the fight and starts hacking a Bloodwing to pieces, but Anvil is badly hurt, bleeding and 2 more Bloodwings have smelled the blood and are coming to finish her off. Sunny Kills a Bloodwing, but Anvil bleeds to death shortly afterwards. Damn it, why her? The Security quickly mops up the two remaining Bloodwings. Servitor becomes the new Weapon and Armour smith.

15th September
Dodger is in the hospital... again. Apparently the fight with Bloodwings didin't go as well for him as it did for Sunny. The two remaining Bloodwings make a circle and attack the camp from the other side. Civilians run inside. Dolphin engages. Sunny is waken up. These things are dangerous one on one, because they will often get a first strike, knock over a pony and beat on her, but are no match for hacksaws. The remaining mosters are delat with without losses. 

24th September 
No more Bloodwings for now. There are Falcons in the sky, so it is safe. New ponies arrive. Four of them, including a foal.

16th October
Stethoscope is relived from most of his duties so he can better deal with his patient, Dodger, who is starving. Totem is told to make some ivory / horn / hoof crafts for the caravan.

19th October
The soldiers get the first three rooms to make them happier. Two Radhogs kill Strawberry. The security is ordered to kill them in return. One the remaining Radhogs are killed, three new ones come on the other side of the river. Dodger gets out of the hospital, but is very unhappy about his wounds. 

25th October
Some vultures steal our meat from the outdoor stockpiles, but there is so much of it that it doesn't matter anyway.

7th November 
Sunny is in the hospital and she will need a Crutch as well. The security is turning into cripples.

14th November
The vultures have stolen so much that we must move the food production and storage underground.

17th November
A caravan and the outpost liaison have arrived.

Depleted batteries have value 0. It should be more. Same with fried wiring, empty party baloons and ministry postes. 

The soldiers caught up in each other's skills a bit, but didin't progress much otherwise. Their highest skills are at about 6 and they barely have any shield user. I barely saw any sparring at all.

I should probably make some soap next. It won't help Sunny, as she already has an infection, but it should be usefull nonetheless. Oh and the rooms are ready for beds.

I have some scrap ore to spare, but it will disappear quickly the moment I switch from bronze to iron / steel.

TL;DR:
* Bloodwings are the new Feral Pegasus Ghouls, only there's more of them.
* Radhogs can rage and kill too.
* Hoods over security / combat helmets should be allowed. It is only a minor exploit, but a moderate inconvenience during the first months of an embark, before there is enough metal, cloth and leather to set uniforms to "Replace clothing". Ponie will almost always wear something on their heads and that often means a hood.
* Some items have cost 0. Even stones cost 1 bit, so this shouldn't be the case.
* Ponies have 90 learning rate for Dodging. This skill improoves slowly as it it, it shouldn't be nerfed further.
* So far I haven't been able to trade rough gems with a caravan, except glass.
* Broken glass has way higher value than normal glass.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:09:14 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:07 am »

Gonna have to agree, the nerfed learn rates really are troublesome.  Probably more so with rust rates.  But yea, I've had 4 ponies training in my military for the last 5 years, they are only level 2 dodge and armor user now.

I guess, as it is now... you have to jump the hurdle of low skill before things get easy.

Advanced fort of +10 years, biggest issue to happiness is rotting light horseshoes and jumpsuits.  Really huge unhappiness modifiers when the clothing finally breaks apart.  At least the waterfall project does its job.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: February 11, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

To all of those who asked about the succession fort, sorry. My biology teacher gave us this huge test a week ago, and I did awesome. The problem was, I was the only one who got a good grade. The teacher decided to throw out the tests and give us another one. So I had to study for that one. Here's something to tide you over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:04 pm »

I have a problem with crates, in some Stables the crates work fine but in other ones, the option to use crates rarely if ever shows up, I'd just like to point that out.
I'm not sure what it could be though, my Stables are generally always in the same biome while I'm getting used to things so I can't really help with that
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 210