Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472684 times)

Zakarii

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Enchantress
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.95c beta) Feather and Flame
« Reply #1635 on: February 15, 2013, 08:15:04 pm »

Yeah, I was going through and checking all my new migrants cutie marks to figure out what to do with them and I noticed something odd about the wife to the philosopher that had just arrived:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no idea what this even means.
The mayor punches The Forgotten Beast in the abdomen with his right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 15, 2013, 08:23:40 pm »

It means she has a double chin. It's rude to stare.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:32 pm »

Iceblaster: As Maklak mentioned, adventure mode is available, but I haven't modded in any support for it yet.

Zakarii: :o Oh...wow...now that's disturbing...

I've heard of instances where migrants arrive with missing limbs and other injuries from worldgen, but this is the first time I've seen it. Apparently the game considers the neck a severable body part but forgets that the head is connected to it. Fortunately it's a rare occurrence, so this walking headless pony should be your last. :)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:14:57 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 16, 2013, 04:45:58 am »

Yeah, I was going through and checking all my new migrants cutie marks to figure out what to do with them and I noticed something odd about the wife to the philosopher that had just arrived:

I would have flipped my shit if I saw that in my own game.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 16, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

I really want to make a joke regarding the fact the husband might be the wastelands own Herbert West and the wife was carrying her head under a arm.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 17, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »

Update: Life Goes On...
Part 1 of the Ministry of Peace

Life is fragile. A bullet to the head, a knife to the throat, or just a few brief minutes under the surface of a pool, are all it takes to end it. Life is fleeting. Insects die within hours, plants within months, and ponies within years…few last the century, and none the millennium. But in the depths of apocalypse, among the ashes of perished millions and under very real threat of extinction, life strives undaunted. Pain it endures, as it crawls and scrapes for food and warmth. Lethal radiation it absorbs willingly, devouring it for the promise of newer, better forms. Even in the pink-stained ruins of Canterlot, beasts still roam, no longer alive, but not yet dead. For in the end, life is the flame that burns brightest in the dark...

Changelog

As always, I greatly appreciate feedback on any issues encountered as well as suggestions for improvements. I hope everyone enjoys the new update!

Credits for the image go to MoongazePonies!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:18:30 pm by Lycaeon »

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98 beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1641 on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:31 pm »

Sweet!  :) Is there a game-balance reason why the Stasis Bay won't work on converted slaves, or is it a limit of Dwarf Fortress's programming?

In other news, got my entire military wiped by a Mr Macintosh. Were they supposed to be able to take on six professional combat-armored soldiers simultaneously?
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

The Stasis Pod uses a transformation syndrome, but converted slaves are already transformed so it won't work for them.

Military robots have steel plating that blocks steel edged weapons and medium caliber bullets, but anti-machine rifles can pierce it easily. While most robots will have an unarmored portion, like the glass domes on the robobrains, I neglected to include one for the Mr. Macintoshes. I've noted this down for fixing - thanks for pointing it out! :)

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »

Happy to help polish the mod!

Yeah, the one I fought strangled a new mother to death while her baby kicked it ineffectually for multiple pages (the Unicorn Baby Cherry Fluffsun feels a rush of adrenaline! x5). Then it snapped my executor's neck with a single laser bolt while decapitating-slash-grappling the other melee soldiers, tanking their steel chainswords.

So, basically, right now it's a Bronze Colossus with buzzsaws and lasers.  :P
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:54:00 pm by Mura »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:39 pm »

Yeah, the one I fought strangled a new mother to death while her baby kicked it ineffectually for multiple pages (the Unicorn Baby Cherry Fluffsun feels a rush of adrenaline! x5). Then it snapped my executor's neck with a single laser bolt while decapitating-slash-grappling the other melee soldiers, tanking their steel chainswords.

So, basically, right now it's a Bronze Colossus with buzzsaws and lasers.  :P
Mother of God.....

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »

Yay, new version. now the embark message is a lot more ominous :D
"...You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the Mr. Macintosh robots get hungry..."
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:46 am »

Ah good, an update :)

I like the introductory part about life thriving and using the environment, including magic contamination, to it's advantage.

>  Increased variety of wildlife.
Hm, looking for tameables...
Balefire Phoenix: Falcons on steroids :D
Nightstalker: Wolves with stealth and poisonous bite.
Gecko,  Golden Gecko: Better than canines.
Molerat: Bigger, but less skilled than canines.
Well, there's nothing overpowered here, but cage traps and taming can still be worthwhile.

> Hydroponics Farm: Cultivates [...] 1-2 plants per seed, or 3-6 if potash is used.
This is fitting, but I would have to see the reaction duration and compare it to normal farming. Regardless, it makes no water no soil embarks more viable.
It may be faster than farming, but either produces small stacks or consumes potash. I guess I prefer normal farms, but this could be viable with burning plants to ash.

> Chemistry Lab: [...] Synthetic silk can be produced.
Good. This can help with early moods.
Wow, it needs 5 biofuel to make 1 silk. This is definitely not for mass production, but will work for moods.

> Grass no longer catches on fire from flamethrowers and rockets, giving these weapons greater flexibility in surface combat.
Great.

> Polished gems may now be recovered at the arcane gemcrafting stations, opening caravans as a possible source of rough gems for arcane research.
Good, I haven't fully tested this, but I don't think I saw Rough Gems at the caravan or outpost liaison.
Looking at the RAWs, making lenses and hologems no longer has a chance to produce polished gems and the reaction to convert polished to rough gems has 60% efficiency. There are no exploits here, such as using jeweller to polish gems, then roughing them to train gemcutting.

> Hostile ponies only have two graspers. Steel Rangers have no graspers.
> Non-unicorn ghouls no longer have graspers.
Wait what? Why? How does that even work?
So now we get to keep the Shield Wall and the enemies don't? In 0.88 even my rather inept military was able to stand its own against green ghouls and slavers. Once the security skilled up, those enemies weren't a threat at all.
I found prolonged duels with Unicorns or just overwhelming sompeony's shield wall with the volume of the attack to be funny.

> Mr. Hooves has a 5-tile range cleaning interaction for friendlies.
I use "Dwarven Bathtubs", but OK. I'd also add this interaction to Nurse Redhearts. They are usually pastured in the hospital and will clean the patients and doctors that way.

> Hostile civilizations now skip at least one season between attacks.
Well, it's nice to get a breather once in a while.

> Dodging can now be trained in the VR simulator.
Good, this will greatly help combined with demonstrations.

> Civilian, MOP, and MOI crates now yield aluminum bins instead of chests.
Fine, but I used the chests to furnish my rooms and even aluminium bins are still heavy.

> Reduced the number of plywood boards needed to make plywood items.
Good. This gives us more of a reason to use plywood. I usually just forgot about it.
Oh wow, there are 10 plywood per a log of wood. 5 are needed for bed or bin and 4 per barrel. This is great! On the downside, dismantling plywood furniture now yields only 40% of the used plywood, but this is still very efficient and a must for any fort.   

> Earth pony dodge learning rates increased to 130, unicorns increased to 100.
Good, EPs are better at some military skill now.

> Base armor learning rates increased to 110.
110 won't do much, but we'll take it.

> The chief medical officer position is open to earth ponies.
Good.

> Value of salvage logs reduced.
Their high value made sense, but OK, this reduces the severity of antique embark exploits. It also allows us to buy the logs cheaper from the caravans, but the prices weren't a barrier there anyway.

> Increased scrap metal yields from salvage.
Good. More scrap doesn't hurt us anyway. It just sits at the salvage yard and doesn't even clutter it, because all the reactions there are nearly instantaneous.

> Hoods can now be worn over security helmets, but not combat helmets or larger.
A reasonable compromise. Now we can wear our first uniforms over clothing (well, barding and security helmets) and once better armour is available, other things that make up uniforms are common.
Wait, what about hats? I checked the RAWs and we still can't wear hats and helmets, so the "over clothing" issue remains. Well, you could move hats to the cover layer and increase their permit to 15, so they can be worn over security helmets as well.

> Minigun turret firing speed increased.
Okay. Better static defences.

> Bloodwing size and cluster number reduced.
Those things weren't even that hard to kill. Just dangerous to civilians.

> Removed leather from small creatures such as chickens.
I don't care much about mottled leather anyway. I get tough leather and tough chitin from the caravans.

> Fixed bug where rock grinding filled other containers instead of just bags.
Lol.

> The biofuel refinery will now take alcohol from all containers.
Good. I never have enough wood and prefer rock pots to rock barrels. Pots are lighter.

> Posters, frayed wiring, depleted spark batteries, and junk have a value of 10.
That's a bit on the high side for what's basically junk to anypony except stables, Steer Rangers and the like.
EDIT: The following items still have value 0, which should be at least 1. 
inorganic_descriptor.txt: PARTY_DEPLETED, PAPER, NOTE, SCROLL_BLANK,
inorganic_misc.txt: COAL_BONFIRE, FIREWOOD
There's also creature parts, plasma and arcane vapours that have value 0, tut that's OK.

> Dwarf Therapist updated.
Ah yes, there is a v20 now, but I didn't get to try it out yet.

> In other news, got my entire military wiped by a Mr Macintosh. Were they supposed to be able to take on six professional combat-armored soldiers simultaneously?
> So, basically, right now it's a Bronze Colossus with buzzsaws and lasers.

It reminds me of this picture: (Of an Ork titan from WH40k)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:54:29 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:11 am »

I can't wait for some adventure mode content. its already fun, but still, I can't WAIT for some more stuff.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: February 18, 2013, 04:20:15 pm »

> So now we get to keep the Shield Wall and the enemies don't?
I didn't intend any of the enemies to have shield walls, so with two graspers they'll have one weapon and their usual shield. It was more of a problem for raiders in any case, as they should be easily beatable with a basic militia. The Steel Rangers don't need graspers given their armor and heavy weaponry; having shields would make them overpowered.

> Wow, it needs 5 biofuel to make 1 silk.
It's a placeholder until I determine a reaction chain for mass production.

> I'd also add this interaction to Nurse Redhearts.
Will do...not sure how I missed that. Guess I wanted to give the Mr. Hooves bots a useful purpose so they're not simply a stepping stone towards upgraded robots.

> Well, it's nice to get a breather once in a while.
Not exactly - each enemy civ skips a season, but since there are five of them they alternate with each other. Fortunately, two of the seasons only have raider attacks (Until the late-game, when Unity shows up), and with the shield changes they should be easy enough to defeat.

> Fine, but I used the chests to furnish my rooms and even aluminium bins are still heavy.
Upper tier Ministry crates still yield steel and plasteel chests, so you're covered there. ;)

> Wait, what about hats?
Hats over helmets doesn't make sense to me, so no. Hoods are better protection in any case.

> That's a bit on the high side for what's basically junk to anypony except stables, Steer Rangers and the like.
10 is the minimum value apart from 0 as these items are considered to be toys. I'm half-inclined to change them back to 0, given that they're basically worthless for survival (Which is what traders would be interested in).

Thanks for the feedback Maklak! :)

> I can't wait for some adventure mode content. its already fun, but still, I can't WAIT for some more stuff.
Adventure mode will have its own development arc considering the number of features that need to be ported over from fortress mode. I can't give you a timetable though as there are several updates worth of content lined up for fortress mode, some of which (Like the chem system) will be useful for adventurers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:24:08 pm by Lycaeon »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 18, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

little note, I love the music in this mod. Imma need a name and a download, cause dat shit is like crack for your ears.
EDIT: I mean the title music.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:31:44 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 210