Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476987 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98b beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1770 on: March 05, 2013, 01:16:29 pm »

On the question of pegasi migrants, i think they shouldn't be dashites. The population of our civilization comes from the stables sealed before doomsday, and pony genetics makes it possible for two earth ponies to give birth to unicorns or pegasi - think Cakes.
*snip*
Think of the cakes father... with a shifty nervous explanation that he is unsure of.  (Though, the last time I watched it, might have been a youtube animation edit.)  And yea... DF genetics does work like that explanation.  So whichever.

And... you are right.  Dashites and ghouls are more of a wastelander thing.   Dashite and Ghoul slaves!    Also, if ya really like, throw a Pegasi stable into the 'story'.  Their numbers should still be on the low end.
Pegasi stables were all built in mountains above cloud level. The Enclave opened them already.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 05, 2013, 01:18:42 pm »

Does seem odd that ALL of the pegasi not in the enclave that survived were in those only though... Seems a bit like a hole there in the story to me. You'd thinka regular control stable would have had some included if only for the sake of genetic diversity.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 05, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »

Does seem odd that ALL of the pegasi not in the enclave that survived were in those only though... Seems a bit like a hole there in the story to me. You'd thinka regular control stable would have had some included if only for the sake of genetic diversity.
Pegasi were exclusively in pegasi stables because they needed room to fly, which an underground stable couldn't provide. Hopefully, in this next version, what with the climbing and whatnot, flying pathing will be fixed and we can have pegasi who don't glitch out.

I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 05, 2013, 01:38:45 pm »

Seems like that would put a stake through pegasi residents for a stable dweller civ, unless there's latent genetics put to work at some point or whatever is the origin for the mod's ponies had some thrown in to see if they'd snap due to being almost completely groundbound in the Stables. Dashites would make sense for waster civ members though, as said.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40:58 pm »

Maybe there were latent genetics that didn't come into play until after the stable was sealed. Such, pegasi, of course, wouldn't learn how to fly, so that would be an in-fluff explanation for pathing bugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:15 pm »

Pegasi were exclusively in pegasi stables because they needed room to fly, which an underground stable couldn't provide. Hopefully, in this next version, what with the climbing and whatnot, flying pathing will be fixed and we can have pegasi who don't glitch out.
But... the stables were all about experimentation.  So it would not be too far-fetched for some Pegasi to be put in a hole with the land ponies.  Or on their own in a hole, either/or.  [The poor bastards... which could end up with them being weak flyers, technically.  Unless the hole is really big, which can also happen.]
It is a balance of gameplay and the story of the world ain't it?  (I don't mind either way, just being the otherside of the issue here.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 05, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »

Unless the hole is really big, which can also happen.
I built a stable like this once back in .95, with giant skyscrapers and apartments carved out of the living stone. Looked really nice, too. I had a running river thanks to a water talisman, and various buildings and stuff.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 05, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

re: pegasi
I would think that any pegasi in a Stable would go batshit insane due to the lack of room to fly; just my headcanon, though. I wouldn't mind the odd pegasus immigrant getting handwaved as dormant genes or somesuch.

As for my own selfish self, it's been two months since I played DF and this mod. The obvious thing to do is install the Matrix tileset, the latest ASCII version, and play a zero-point embark with a dead civ. I'll record the whole thing for you guys.
Spoiler: RULES (click to show/hide)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 05, 2013, 02:51:13 pm »

So, SLIGHT PROBLEM.
Hellhounds keep ambushing....SOMETHING down in the cave layer (Which I can't see)
so, every few seconds, the game gets paused and my camera is dragged down by like twenty z levels.
This is annoying as hell.
EDIT:
It has stopped, but still.....this was a very irritating 20 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:59:16 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 05, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »

re: pegasi
I would think that any pegasi in a Stable would go batshit insane due to the lack of room to fly; just my headcanon, though. I wouldn't mind the odd pegasus immigrant getting handwaved as dormant genes or somesuch.

As for my own selfish self, it's been two months since I played DF and this mod. The obvious thing to do is install the Matrix tileset, the latest ASCII version, and play a zero-point embark with a dead civ. I'll record the whole thing for you guys.
Spoiler: RULES (click to show/hide)

This has to have a thread for itself. May Celestia help you.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 05, 2013, 05:11:08 pm »

Rule 5: embark in a Terrifying biome and settle the caverns.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20:08 pm »

Doublepost. How do I make wood powder for paper in my .95 fort? I can't seem to find it in the workshop guide.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 05, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »

Pegasi stables were built above the clouds, and those were gutted by the enclave. Still, some featherbrain might have chosen the wrong direction at doomsday, and instead of flying up, they fled into the depths of a stable. They could have direct descendants, or the dormant genes could have produced pegasi underground, but being born to a dashite just feels wrong. Well, pegasi will be rare either way, and  with the broken pathfinding they will only be slightly stupider version of mudpony, who will charge through the walls and gets stuck on the top of buildings.
If you have ever seen an apple tree you will believe me that stables with orchards have enough space for flying. Maybe not for the aerial stunts, but for a horizontal wing stretching at least.

Crazycow, it will be easier than you think, depending on the site you choose.

Okay, i had to write this post two times, and this second version is a lot shorter then the first. Damn you crtl+r for the lost information.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 05, 2013, 07:37:45 pm »

> Pegasi
I'm liking gzoker's suggestion, with the occasional Stable pegasus arising from pony genetics rather than Dashites from the Enclave. Being restricted in a ground pony Stable would certainly explain their less than competent flying skills, like tahujdt suggested. Dashites would work better as a rare wastelander caste in any case. This will take quite a bit more work than I had originally planned, though, with the necessity of giving pegasi their own cutie mark pool.

Crazy Cow: Welcome back! :D I advise you to wait on the new Stable, as I plan on releasing a bugfix update soon.

KingofstarrySkies: Thanks for the heads-up! I've gone ahead and fixed the stealth problem for the next version. :)

Mura: Wood fibers are made at the sawmill, requiring a wooden log and a large pot for the reaction.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

Edit to below: The powder is the fibers.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:53:14 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 05, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »

Right, but the reaction says I need wood powder as well to turn the fibers into paper. How do I make the powder?

EDIT: That's weird, then- the reaction still can't be queued. I've got plenty of fibers and everything...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:46:45 pm by Mura »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 210