Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472675 times)

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98c beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1830 on: March 09, 2013, 08:54:33 pm »

Thank you for the offer, but it's mostly just saying one thing over and over: tissue layers not found. I already have [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN] files for the creature, and they contain tissues and tissue layers, and the creature file references them, but something isn't clicking.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 09, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »

Here's the short summary on how creatures are constructed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I recommend using the templates found in body_robot and body_detail_plan_robot, as they already reference the necessary tissues, and are somewhat different from the ones used by ordinary creatures. Looking at the various robots should give you a good idea on how these templates are put together.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:09:52 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 09, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »

I figured some of that out already, but your post helped me realize what was going wrong. Thank you- that kind of information is hard to find, even on the wiki.

So, I no longer get literally fifty error messages on loading the creature in the arena. Phew. Now I just need to, you know, make sure the syndrome actually works, and then the polished raws can be posted.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 09, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »

I figured some of that out already, but your post helped me realize what was going wrong. Thank you- that kind of information is hard to find, even on the wiki.

i'd better fix that, then

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 09, 2013, 11:10:26 pm »

Good luck! :) Also be aware that robots don't have a MATERIALS template, as their materials are defined in the tissues in tissue_template_robot.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 10, 2013, 12:35:02 pm »

I know it's been pointed out, but I feel compelled to underline the point again:

BBs suck.  They're not even decent against unarmored, relatively weak animals.  In the ammo menu, disable BBs for hunters and give them small caliber or even medium if your swimming in the stuff.  Removing the hunting labor from the pony you want to hunt will have them drop the BB gun, then re-enabling will cause them to grab up an appropriate weapon.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 10, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »

> In the ammo menu, disable BBs for hunters and give them small caliber or even medium.
Really? In my experience they still had BBs, but picked the wrong kind of ammo for them and sucked even deeper. Can someone else confirm this?

Not that hunting in this mod is a good idea anyway, even with rifles. The wildlife just rages and charges the gunners.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

I know it's been pointed out, but I feel compelled to underline the point again:

BBs suck.  They're not even decent against unarmored, relatively weak animals.  In the ammo menu, disable BBs for hunters and give them small caliber or even medium if your swimming in the stuff.  Removing the hunting labor from the pony you want to hunt will have them drop the BB gun, then re-enabling will cause them to grab up an appropriate weapon.

Really?
Does this work?

Because this changes everything for hunting in non-ghoulish biomes.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 10, 2013, 01:57:15 pm »

Really?
Does this work?

Disabling BBs in the ammo menu and replacing it with small or medium caliber will cause your hunters to drop the BBs in their quiver (eventually) and seek out said ammo.

They will not be able to use it, as they still insist on making use of the weapon they're holding (i.e. BB guns).

Disable hunting from said hunter in their labor preferences.  They will drop their quiver of ammo and the BB gun.  Remember to forbid any BB guns to prevent their use.

Re-Enable Hunting after they've dumped the useless stuff.  If you have set them to make use of the other ammo in the ammo menu, they will grab a quiver, attempt to fill it with small/medium/whatever and then seek out an appropriate weapon that makes use of said ammo.

You will then have a hunter hunting with a bit more power behind them.  As was pointed out, though, the wildlife is still deadly but I've had a hunter I nurtured up to Great skill manage to regularly hunt down large radscorpions with a steel combat rifle and medium caliber ammo.

Too bad I had to abandon the fort.  My arch-nemesis showed up (Random Forgotten beast made of insane material and using deadly dust) and wiped my Stable..again...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:52:04 pm by Treason »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 10, 2013, 03:10:38 pm »

I am back from my exodus to Space Station 13 and now Im back... Hmmm yes no Megaspell... Oh yay I get my ebola shooting laser turrets sooner or later... AWESOME BODY MAKING TUTORIAL...*Iceblaster.exe has stopped functioning. Searching for solution*

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 10, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »

> BB rifles
I plan to introduce a stronger air rifle in the next version.

> Replacing ammo
This is valuable advice…I’ve attached in the Gameplay Hints and Tips in the first post. Thanks! :)

On an side-note, brisineo’s put up another awesome terminal background, this one for the Ministry of Peace.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 10, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »

Cool, hope the author feels great that his work is being sponsored on this forum.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:45:05 pm by Iceblaster »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 11, 2013, 01:42:56 am »

Really?
Does this work?

Disabling BBs in the ammo menu and replacing it with small or medium caliber will cause your hunters to drop the BBs in their quiver (eventually) and seek out said ammo.

They will not be able to use it, as they still insist on making use of the weapon they're holding (i.e. BB guns).

Disable hunting from said hunter in their labor preferences.  They will drop their quiver of ammo and the BB gun.  Remember to forbid any BB guns to prevent their use.

Re-Enable Hunting after they've dumped the useless stuff.  If you have set them to make use of the other ammo in the ammo menu, they will grab a quiver, attempt to fill it with small/medium/whatever and then seek out an appropriate weapon that makes use of said ammo.

You will then have a hunter hunting with a bit more power behind them.  As was pointed out, though, the wildlife is still deadly but I've had a hunter I nurtured up to Great skill manage to regularly hunt down large radscorpions with a steel combat rifle and medium caliber ammo.

Good damned advice, gotta make sure to try that out properly sometime.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:24 am »

I've received permission, Iceblaster. :) If there's one thing that astounds me about the pony fandom, and the FoE fandom in particular, it's all the works of art they produce on a near-constant basis.

On that note, the next update will arrive in around a a week and a half. I feel we've stamped out enough bugs and other issues to finally move the mod out of the beta stage, though I'm still uncertain about Unity invasions and other late-game events (I'm hoping to get a chance to play a long-term Stable myself sometime in the next week). Your suggestions are very much welcome in the meantime!

I also discovered that flamethrowers have reverted to setting grass back on fire, despite the raws, so I'll remove flame weapons from the Steel Rangers permanently.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:27:41 am by Lycaeon »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 11, 2013, 04:45:12 am »

The wasteland should have fireproof grass  :P ,wait if you could mod that then we could have all the rockets and flamethrowers that we want.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 210