Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472591 times)

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98c beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1935 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »

Q:Have you zoned a wood stockpile for the salvage logs?

If you mean have I made a stockpile specifically for salvage, yes I have, it goes unused. Originally I had just one pile, for both wood and salvage, but eventually I gave both their own piles.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:38:48 pm by Thirtyeight »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:29 pm »

Salvage stockpiles work in the mod, so here's what you can try:
Make sure the salvage stockpile's Wood settings allow it to take salvage logs.
Highlight the salvage stockpile with (q) and make sure it's set to take from anywhere (a).
If it already is, delete it and rezone it.
If that doesn't work, abandon this embark and start again. It may be a save-specific glitch.

Edit to below: No problem! I'm glad to help. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:59:04 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 18, 2013, 07:45:18 pm »

Naturally as soon I start playing again my entire fort surges out and takes the salvage. Figures.

I really appreciate you listening to me, that's very considerate of you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 18, 2013, 08:29:58 pm »

Naturally as soon I start playing again my entire fort surges out and takes the salvage. Figures.

I really appreciate you listening to me, that's very considerate of you.
You had messages about inaccessible stuff cancellations?  You might either have some sort of burrows set and/or civilian alert mode was activated... or more likely the pathways to the outside were locked via doors or something.

Maybe.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:49 pm »

Okay, so far it looks like only medium quality salvage logs are going into the salvage pile. I'm starting to consider trying a regular wood pile again to see what would happen. If still nothing changes, I may try a new stable.

In other news, once when I saved the game to go back to the main screen, I got the Blue Screen of Death. I restarted my computer and tried the game again, and it didn't happen again, thankfully.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:07 pm »

If you get a BSOD, delete the song_game and song_title files in data => sound in your DF folder. They're a bit longer than the vanilla music files and may be difficult to open.

Alternatively, the game could have consumed too much RAM. This tends to be limited to older computers, though.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 19, 2013, 01:51:13 am »

Query: When can the next update with the DFhack syndrome items be expected?
Wondering because I have the week off next week and will be idling a bit, could be a good opportunity to launch something new/test the mod a little.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 19, 2013, 04:00:25 am »

> I don't know if Dwarf fortress would allow it, [..] ransom [..] would give poorly secured forts a way to avert destruction, while still at high cost.
Not possible in 34.11, but on DF development list, along with mercenaries.

> My ponies aren't collecting salvage anymore, I keep getting a cancellation message saying the item is inaccessible.
I've run into this myself. I think it is some kind of glitch with sorting the "wood" that comes from linking piles to workshops, but I haven't figured it out.
* Sometimes restarting the game is enough.
* Unmark all your wood and salvage stockpiles and redo them.
* If that won't work, unmark all the wood stockpiles again and remove salvage yard, carpenters and wood burners. Then place all of it again.

> Maybe its just my particular world, but I can't get saltpetre on embark or as something to request.
What minerals you can get on embark is random and it depends on the world and civilisation. Sometimes I was able to buy it, sometimes not. I was never able to mine it.

> Is there no way to make stone spikes for placing at the bottom of pits?
??? Nope.

> Hiring Talon mercenaries is on the development list.
??? The only way to do this I can think of is giving the slavers some caged Griffins for sale and assigning them as "pet" bodyguards to ponies. To make them citizens, you'd have to do the same as with slave castes.

> Is there anyway to decrease the frequency of irradiated dust storms? Sometimes it seems like I'm playing whack-a-mole.
They are annoying, but I think the least dangerous kind got removed from the game.

> "Hunting and anti-machine rifles use the markspony skill, while combat rifles and pistols use the gunnery skill." This confused me, as markspony and gunnery aren't classes in the game, so I didn't know who did what.
I've written that in my FoE military guide, but this can be confusing and Dwarf Therapist still displays "Bows" and "Crossbows".
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 19, 2013, 01:43:23 pm »

Sorry for not wording my question correctly. What I meant was 'Are there supposed to be multiple civs you can select after [Tab]bing enough times?'

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:49 pm »

Sorry for not wording my question correctly. What I meant was 'Are there supposed to be multiple civs you can select after [Tab]bing enough times?'
No, so far, without editing the raws, you can only start from the stabletech civilization. 
You can make the other races/entities playable on your own if you want to, but they are not as developed nor do they have nearly as many options as the stable entity.

Also, should only ever be 1 stabletech civilization, unless you edit that yourself.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 19, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »

Thanks, now I just need to figure out how to make Unity playable and Ill be set(As in, can someone tell me what tag is needed for Playble)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 19, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

You'd have to change "entity_default.txt". Only the Stable Ponies have all the reactions, but you can also play as Wastelander adventurers. To play as Unity adventurer, add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to it. Fortress Mode requires [CIV_CONTROLLABLE], but you'd have to add a bunch of other things too, I think.

As a side note, I generated a world and was looking for saltpetre by #prospect all on the embark map. It took me at least a hundred tries to find it, but I did eventually. It was in a Tropical Freshwater Swamp in a Claystone layer. I got over a thousand of it, but it is very rare - it is easier to find iron, coal or rich deposits of gems.
With the reduced cost of scrap / antique items, I wasn't able to cheese so much on embark, so the fix worked.
Oh and I used the 0.98c Linux version. Apart from DwarfTherapist only working once, they dying on me, it was working fine. 
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 19, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »

> When can the next update with the DFhack syndrome items be expected?
I working towards a Friday/Saturday release. :)

> Hiring Talon mercenaries is on the development list.
Workshop spawning lets you create 'friendly' creatures, although you can't control them so you have to build the workshop where you want the creatures to be.

> Are there supposed to be multiple civs you can select after [Tab]bing enough times?
As was mentioned, the only civ intended to be playable is Stable-Tec, of which there is only one.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 19, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »

To avoid boredom, I was advised to settle in the harshest place in the wasteland, but sadly Hoofington was not available. So i looked for the worst hell my procedurally generated wasteland could offer, and i found a site on the border of a terrifying tundra and a savage taiga, with seven levels of aquifer under the frozen soil. Prospect says there are only 15 high quality salvage and 48 medium quality salvage on the surface. There are 144 low quality salvage and 80 wood. It will be enough. Here is the event log of my first half year. Oh and the stable is called Bookfort.
Embark supplies, (1800 points total):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The team, the Cremated Candy:
Event log, spring:
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »

Awesome, you plan on naming ponies after us or just their defaults?(If you don't no need to change plans)
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 210