Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472846 times)

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2055 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:58 pm »

This is NOT intended as criticism, I'm just really curious.

Why use BB rifles for anything other than training? Why not start hunters off with small caliber weapons? Even in the fallout games, the BB guns never served a purpose beyond being silly, or in one case, as a lethal joke item. So why is it not possible to request proper guns, you just have to hope they bring them if you don't have the resources to make them yourself.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 25, 2013, 11:59:57 pm »

Just managing to finally secure my first stable...this mod is definitely filled with !!FUN!!, especially if you don't keep an eye on what units have wandered down into your map. Had a rather memorable experience with a group of three balehounds who found their way in when everypony  was burrowed due to dust, and I had my two military ponies doing odd jobs. That was a savescum time. The message about keeping my military close at hand didn't REALLY hit home until Feral Ghoul Easter, though. They found allllll the brains my ponies had cheerfully hidden for them inside their skulls! And they didn't even have to cook them, since they were marinated in pain and terror (the best spices for Ghoul Easter foods!)! Well, the ones after the first were anyway...so, I decided to hurry up and WALL after loosing a significant amount of progress early on several times. I've been lucky-my most common animals seem to be radhogs. But when I get unlucky, that is when !!FUN!! happens.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:10:04 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 26, 2013, 08:03:50 am »

Just to note, my new fruit stable has been posted.
It will use the new v0.30 version.

All are welcome.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124333.0
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:08 am »

Cult of the Last Orange... and a slightly insane Replica obsessed with farming. Oh the !FUN! is there to be had(Story wise)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:50:45 am by Iceblaster »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »

Version 0.30b beta has been released with numerous bugfixes and new features.

•   Removed several DFhack utilities that were the likely cause of the recent crashes. I haven’t experienced any after testing, but please let me know if you do, with the details.
•   Pinkamena memory extraction now requires a chicken within 20 tiles (Does not need to be in the same room or within line of sight).
     o   Interrogation of a slaver/Talon/Ranger will transform that chicken into the resulting blank pet.
     o   The absence of a chicken causes the interrogation to only yield the memory orb.

•   Blank ponies can be converted into workers at the pony rehabilitation center. Note that blank workers have no name and learn skills at half the speed of ordinary ponies.
•   Alternatively they can be converted into robobrains at the RobronCo assembly line, with no chance of the resulting robot becoming hostile.
•   Memory orbs gained from interrogation are now processed at the MOM Intel Facility to yield up to six types of memories.
     o   Ranged, melee, unarmed, armor, tactics, and operations.
     o   The first five are used to train different sets of skills at the Memory Simulator, while the last is analyzed at the MOM Intel Facility for regional and operations intelligence.

•   Expeditions no longer spawn creatures.
•   Salvage yields from expeditions increased.
•   Mr. Hooves increases recuperation of nearby robots.
•   Scrap metal yields from low-quality salvage increased. Yields from high-quality salvage decreased.
•   Hazmat suits can no longer be worn with armor, but go over regular jumpsuits.
•   Little Macintosh and Spitfire’s Thunder are now found in boxes that can be opened at the Supply Depot.
•   EMP makes rangers unconscious for intermittent periods of time.
•   Power armor helmets no longer work for unicorns.
•   Power armor gives a disease resistance boost.
•   Changed maxvelocity of air guns to 100.
•   Security helmets can now be worn under hats.
•   Clay removed from concrete production.
•   Renamed simple meals to rations, reduced number of lavish meals.
•   Numerous minor bugfixes.
•   ASCII version will be released tomorrow.

As always, enjoy the update and let me know if there are any issues! :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:26:28 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30b) Pinkie Pie is Watching *hotfix*
« Reply #2060 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:55 am »

> 5 oil per silk is painful, but less is too easy.
3 would be just fine, I think. Anyway, I don't treat this reaction as a reliable source of enough silk to make jumpsuits for everypony. To me it is an alternative / emergency way to get some silk for a strange mood or for silkpaper.

Weather plastics / Bakelite is a separate reaction or a by-product doesn't matter much, I think. If it is a by-product, I'll just use some of it for furniture to save on stone. If it is made by a direct reaction, then what I do with it depends on how costly it is compared to stone or plywood.

The pleather production should require cloth as well. The wikipedia link said that the process used cotton.

> I don't like the idea of making concrete blocks into other stuff. [...] Not a big fan of the idea that yesterday's concrete kitchen floor can be deconstructed and turned into tables and chairs.
Well, it's a way of seeing it, but if that kitchen was made of rock, it can still be turned into a throne or 4 blocks for 4 new kitchens by mason's shop.
Concrete blocks being convertible to furniture aren't realistic, but have some merits: You can choose if making a particular piece requires 2, 3 or 4 blocks. You can change the number of blocks produced by the reaction to make concrete from stones. These two allow for easy balancing of concrete versus stone.
Oh, and while we're at it, mechanisms should probably be made out of concrete too.
I tend to not quite get enough stone furniture in DF and I'm not quite sure what my problem is, with multiple workshops and all. I blame not having enough stone, but maybe it's not having enough idlers instead. Anyway, maybe it's better if other people tell what they think about concrete.

> > Plywood stockpiling issues.
> Make a finished goods stockpile that only takes from the sawmill and plywood workshop.
Good idea, I've never even thought about using stockpiles that take from workshops.
> Plywood boards are stone toys and should be stockpiled as such.
I'll try it in my next fort.

> > Changing PRINT_MODE to STANDARD.
> STANDARD prevents TrueType from working, though you can change it on your own.
I use VBO on both my current computers and I forgot what I used on my backup Pentium 4. Anyway, only I seem to complain about graphical glitches from 2D, so it's probably not an issue for others and therefore doesn't warrant any change in the mod.

> > Pikamena suggestions
> Pinkamenas work quite well as they are now - they bait disarmed enemies released from cages to attack them, then interrogate when in range, while being too hardy to be damaged by unarmed victims and too weak to damage them.
I wanted them to move around and be able to kill something relatively harmless, like a feral dog, but maybe I should just try how they work now. Any long-living fort should have a steady supply of slavers to test her.

> Expeditions.
Quote from: gzoker
So in game in my experience the best strategy is to send out on the expedition the blind, two legged cripple, the pony with all the rotten body parts, the melancholic one from the previous mission and all the foals you can burrow inside the room; then simply just station inside the whole military too, and let them deal with what comes back.
> Expeditions no longer spawn creatures.
Well, that's even more incentive to use all kinds of misfits for this, rather than elites. I'd also throw slaves and blanks into the mix too, if I can. The system is balanced in that yes, we can get salvage while staying on a lockdown Pineapple-style and we can use the misfits for this, but it will still cause us to loose some workforce, a few deaths, occasionally an important pony will be caught by the reaction and it is overall more micro-management than just designating some trees to be cut.
Speaking of which, I think the expeditions should require a hacksaw for cutting down salvage and a wheelbarrow to haul it back too. Or just make those parts of the staging area building.

> Why use BB rifles for anything other than training? Why not start hunters off with small caliber weapons? Even in the fallout games, the BB guns never served a purpose beyond being silly, or in one case, as a lethal joke item.
I can make combat pistols and bullets in my first year, true. In Fallout BB guns are a joke and IRL they are much weaker than .22LR, tru. Air guns, on the other hand, were about on-par with some early military-grade gunpowder weapons. They are not that much more difficult to make with modern technology than BBs, it is just that ammunition for gunpowder rifles is much more convenient. My fixation on BBs stems from my frustration with them in my first playthrough with this mod (Ponderplanned). Don't worry, though, even if the penetration of BBs was set to a 100, and max velocity of air guns to 300, pistols would still be much better. Anyway, I think these are two valid points for not having BBs be as weak as they were:
* Hunting. There is a work-around of course, but it took one of us a while to figure it out, not everyone who plays this game will remember it and it shouldn't have been so deadly in the first place.
* I will use BBs for training to conserve ammo, but I don't want my squad to be so useless for fighting during that time. It takes them too long to switch weapons and ammo in any emergency. That's why I think thay they should be able to wound something with BBs. But then we have all kinds of wooden training weapons and people don't complain about them, so maybe I'm wrong.

> This mod is definitely filled with !!FUN!!, especially if you don't keep an eye on what units have wandered down into your map.
Yeah, I have to check every now and then, even when I'm in a Wilderness. On the plus side, the dogs were nerfed (by decreasing their prone to rage) and radscorpions are easy to kill, so my squad of 1 dagger, 1 spear and 2 BB ponies had no problem exterminating them.

> Blank ponies can be converted into workers at the pony rehabilitation center. Note that blank workers have no name and learn skills at half the speed of ordinary ponies.
Can we use them for expeditions? And slaves?

Sounds like this update is going to be stable (pun unintended), but I can't look over the RAWs or play it now. I should have time in a day or two.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, I recently updated my military guide for 0.30, including the advice to kill sprite-bots, the wood to 4 ash reaction at the Kiln and a list of syndrome-giving equipemnt.

EDIT2: I meant for Hazmat suits to be unwearable with Power Armours and SPAs. I think you could still fit a ballistic vest (combat or riot/security) over a hazmat suit. Not being able to wear them with armours at all makes them much less useful, because even in irradiated environment you'll still want some armour on your military ponies and hazmat suits aren't armoured.
The way hazmat suits are now, I suppose I could still use them for inactive squads of scavengers and wood haulers in a bade environment, but I was hoping for them to supplement combat armour for extra resistance and I think that's how it should work.

EDIT3: Scribe / Delayed would be a good place to put Teacher, Student, Organisation and maybe something else. They are the engineers and organizers of the Rangers. I meant memory orbs for SR Scribes, who we can catch easer than the Rangers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:20:19 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:29 am »

Eh, with the expeditions you remove the micromanagement needed in keeping your salavagers safe while they are topside (or cavernside, as the case may be). You basically trade off having to keep an eye on the salvagers (and the units screen!) in exchange for accepting some deaths more or less by default. More or less the same in terms of total micromanagement, if you ask me, but that's just my personal opinion. It's just different KINDS of micromanagement. Granted, if things are safe there's no need to micromanage, which is a flaw my the argument. Also, I noticed in the raws that Bloatsprites have the PET_Exotic tag. Does that mean they are tameable? Since when I built the kennels I had no option to tame them.

Ack, a wiki check on animal taming...looks like I have no need to build a kennel.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:46:05 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 27, 2013, 03:58:53 pm »

I'm kind of ashamed to ask this but, is there a way to temporarily disable steel rangers and unity without altering the raws too much? My second stable was taken out by a single SR knight, and I'd like to practice just facing raiders and mercenaries.

Note, i'm not asking the mod itself be changed, I'd just like to turn the late game enemies off until I feel confident in my understanding of the military, and how FoE weapons work.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 27, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

I'm kind of ashamed to ask this but, is there a way to temporarily disable steel rangers and unity without altering the raws too much? My second stable was taken out by a single SR knight, and I'd like to practice just facing raiders and mercenaries.

Note, i'm not asking the mod itself be changed, I'd just like to turn the late game enemies off until I feel confident in my understanding of the military, and how FoE weapons work.

You can limit the population cap of your stable, or remove the steel ranger triggers in the entity file and add them in later.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:54 pm »

In "entity_default.txt" search for "PROGRESS_TRIGGER" in the "RANGERS" entity and set all of them, especially sieges to 0. Do that inside your "data/save/region1/whatever". I don't know if changing this requires a regen or not.

As to Hazmat suits and Armour, I think, I've pretty much nailed it. In "item_armor.txt"
Lower the permit of Power Armour and Scorpion Power Armour to 8.
Increase the permit of Security Barding to 10.
Lower the size of Hazmat Suit to 10, but increase it's permit to 6.
This way:
* Hazmat suit can be worn over a jumpsuit. This may be useful for "roleplayers" to assign salvagers, salvage haulers and ponies who recover wounded to inactive squads with just hazmat jumpsuits for uniforms. I assume they make irradiated environments quite survivable.
* Hazmat can be worn below security or combat barding, but without an extra jumpsuit. Kind of what you had recently. My guess is that you can put a helmet and a ballistic vest over a chemical hazard suit.
* Hazmas suit can't be worn under Power Armour or Scorpion Power Armour, although both of them allow normal jumpsuits. Both of these armours provide sealed environments of their own, so we shouldn't be able to stack that.
I think this proposal makes sense.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 27, 2013, 04:59:36 pm »

Thank you

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:18 pm »

>I'm kind of ashamed to ask this but, is there a way to temporarily disable steel rangers and unity without altering the raws too much?
Removing the brackets from around the "[active:season*]" tags in the /data/save/regionname/raws/objects/entity_default.txt also works if I'm not mistaken. *=autumn, summer, spring, winter.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 27, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

Holy crap...

I went through 20 high-quality scrap logs and ended up with 2 explosive crate, 1 wartime techno crate and 1 ministry of arcane science crate, 5 civilian crates and a freak-ton of image, peace and moral crates.

After opening all the fluff, I got down to my wartime tech crate and didn't really get anything impressive.

...Then I opened up my Arcane Science box..

I got a power talisman, lots of gems, a MAS processing matrix, several plasteel bars, a plasteel chest a couple charged batteries...and a Twilight Sparkle Statuette...my first, ever.

All that in one crate.  The Goddesses must have been smiling on my stable.

Edit: Forgot to mention the gas mask, hazsuit, pipbuck and stealth buck, too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:32:19 pm by Treason »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08:37 pm »

I have only found Fluttershy and Applejack, both in experimental stables i didn't plan to play too long :(.

My new embarking strategy is to only bring high quality salvage (around 20), 10 food, 10 drink, then go from there. This gives me a lot of creates, and an early technology boost - if i survive until i find a shovel.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 27, 2013, 08:25:01 pm »

Eh Maklak, drew a quick soldier doodle for you out of boredom.
No idea what you use as a symbol/insignia/badge, so I just drew a grumpy cat instead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 210