Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472849 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30b) Pinkie Pie is Watching (Bug fixes in 2nd Post)
« Reply #2115 on: March 30, 2013, 11:47:11 pm »

The problem with the chickens, i had that too. The trick for me was to only have one chick(en) in the workshop, i guess the guy tries to target all chickens in the area, and when he does not have enough interactions, he just does nothing.

Same with robots, slaves and every other transformation.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 31, 2013, 12:30:03 am »

> Chicken deployment
I tested the mechanics again and they work fine just so long as a chicken is within 1-2 tiles of the workshop after the reaction is run. I see in your screenshot that only one of your chickens is near the armory, 3 tiles away. Larger workshops like the RobronCo assembly bay require the chickens to be pastured close to the spot where the worker runs the reaction.

> I guess the guy tries to target all chickens in the area
The worker will only target one chicken regardless of how many chickens are nearby. If you pasture all of your chickens adjacent to the workshop it will still work.

> Are we able to tweak the EQUESTRIA worldgen or will that cause massive problems?
You should be able to tweak most things except the civilization and population counts without problems.

> I'm sick and barely holding together.
Hope you feel better soon. :(

> "Build memory recollector" / "Dismantle memory Recollector" is more fitting to electronics bench.
Indeed...not sure why I put it in the workbench.

> In that case we shouldn't get plywood cages either.
Good point. Wooden cages in general are suspect.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:39:05 am by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 31, 2013, 05:43:02 am »

Guys, im trying to give my unicorns multiple shield. They taking it, no problem, right now every one of my unicorn military holding their 3 shields in 1 hoof. Every 1 of them using only 1 telekinesis, including mages. Is this normal?
This day going to be perfect!

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 31, 2013, 07:11:35 am »

I put all my chickens in a cage in the workshops room, they turn into mines just fine. (one tile away from the workshop) Then i just have to pasture them where i want them, the ponies don't have any problems taking them out of the cage. Haven't tried it with blanks yet, but probably works with them too.

Do blank ponies have to eat and drink, or are they like non-rehabilitated slaves? In fluff are they like Boo from Project Horizons?
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 31, 2013, 10:22:42 am »

In fluff they're like ponies whose memories the Ministry of Morale removed when they weren't being gentle. Basically, they have no memories of themselves or anything else, except possibly how to speak and other such basic functions.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:58:46 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:09 pm »

I just experienced the military screen crash that everyone has talked about.

Here's the deal as detailed as I can think of:

I had an ambush show up and sent my army out to deal with it.  Only one pony answered the call, "Master" Tailswallow (my taji-whatever marked pony), the rest never showed the hell up and let my (injured) soldier who I'd been nursing to become the first Drill Sergeant to become a pincushion for slaver bullets until my second squad of anti-machine rifle bearing pony shows up to blast the hell out of them (Master Tailswallow bled out just as they were reaching the hospital, btw).  Apparently the rest were too busy attending a friggin' party (note to self: damn pony-parties!  My future Stables will do without).

Anyway!  When I went into my military screen to do some re-arranging, I noticed that the position Tailswallow once filled (the infamous third slot) was marked as available and still had items assigned to it (I'd manually assigned them).  I removed the items, removed the next in line pony (in the fourth slot, who also had specific items assigned to them) and stuck them in the third slot.  It was then when I went to do some equipment re-arranging, the crash happened.

My gut instinct tells me that it's either the specific items clashing with one another, even after death, or it's not getting out of the military screen to let it "clear" somehow before changing things around.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 31, 2013, 02:44:20 pm »

I played some more.

The last of the bugged traders leave, but not before a bighorner goes berserk and kills a foal. I think it was one of ours. Yes, Cherelee gave a birth to a Unicorn girl and the bighorner killed her right afterwards. I order the soldiers to kill the beast, but they are tardy because "No reachable valid target." Fortunately the barracks are on the surface and pretty close to the entrance, so they just wait till it comes. It makes for an interesting fight. "The chief of security bites The Bighorner in the tongue from behind, tearing the muscle." I don't know how that even works.

Idea for a caste: Dirty Fighter. Bonuses to biting, kicking, striking, wrestling and misc object user. Ah, never mind. This isn't much different from a Martial Pony.

Even my legendary gunners and marksponies tend to miss often at 10 or more tiles. Maybe that's because their weapons are only basic quality? Anyway, this is not exactly A-team targeting, but they are more useful against groups of enemies, due to unfriendly fire.

BTW, here is a breakdown of my military in winter 202.
Rifle squad:
Friendly fire (gunner CM): Mace 2, Dodge 7 (started with 5, one of starting 7), Fighter 10, Kicker 1, Wrestler 3, Armour User 6 (or maybe he started with AU 5), Shield User 7, Archer 20, Gunner 20
Slug (gunner CM): Knife 2, Dodge 4, Fighter 3, Kicker 1, Wrestler 2, Armour 2, Shield 2, Archer 15, Gunner 14.
Deadeye (sniper CM): Mace 2, Dodge 3, Fighter 5, Kicker 2, Wrestler 2, Armour 1, Shield 1, Archer 17, Sniper 16
Melee squad:
Pierce (Spear CM, one of starting 7, cripple): Spear 9, Dodge 6, Fighter 20, Wrestler 2, Armour 4, Shield 10
Steak (Butcher CM): Knife 6, Dodge 1, Fighter 9, Wrestler 2, Armour 2, Shield 6
Internal Security (with bronze security batons):
Badge (Sheriff CM): Mace 2, Fighter 7, Kicker 1, Shield 1
Grapple (Martial CM): Mace 1, Fighter 10, Kicker 1, Shield 5

Damn, those robots are fragile. A scout just cut a security turret to pieces and I think a Protectorpony died to a mad raider earlier. That scout was a tough one, though. It took my ponies 6 pages of combat reports to kill it.

All in all the reverse engineering system seems balanced and difficult enough. I need more clear glass hologems than I get from just broken glass, so I need a kiln, sand bags (it's good that we have rock grinding) and pearlash.

A kidnapper stole a foal. This is becoming annoying, I begin to plan a wall. Oh, and weapon traps in the entrance.

Hm, a slaver ambush. They're on the other side of the river and are likely to find their way into my cage traps. 3 get caught and then the wastelander caravan comes. The ambush is dealt with, but I have no medium calibre ammo left. I may have to switch over to combat pistols. The last of the ambushers lies on the ground while all the caravan guards hit it's combat helmet. I may have to send my melee squad to help. Oh and combat reports seem to cap at 50 pages.
W00t? the caravan came to the depot and stopped. "There are not traders now". What the hay? They left without trading. I deconstruct and rebuild the depot. It had quite a lot of forbidden equipment.

Bits is now an adult. We already have a broker, so he is just going to haul stuff around and help with all kinds of odd jobs.

Alt-f is for workflow plugin, so Change the hotkey for "gunsmith's magma forge" to something else.

In Salvage Yard, move the "process scrap parts for refubrishing rifles into scrap ore" to the bottom of the list.

> > In that case we shouldn't get plywood cages either.
> Good point. Wooden cages in general are suspect.
Yes, except I still use them. Metal cages are so heavy, they slow ponies down to a crawl. Adding wheelbarrows to animal stockpile helps, but not when loading cage traps. Setting up stockpiles with empty cages next to the traps may help, but I haven't figured out how to do that. So I just switched to plywood cages, which are cheaty, but at least don't slow my ponies down.

> Guys, im trying to give my unicorns multiple shield. They taking it, no problem, right now every one of my unicorn military holding their 3 shields in 1 hoof. Every 1 of them using only 1 telekinesis, including mages. Is this normal?
Sort of. They will often equip multiple things in one grip, even if they have a free grip.

> I put all my chickens in a cage in the workshops room, they turn into mines just fine. (one tile away from the workshop) Then i just have to pasture them where i want them, the ponies don't have any problems taking them out of the cage. Haven't tried it with blanks yet, but probably works with them too.
Great advice! It prevents animals from fighting and makes my large pasture obsolete.

> I just experienced the military screen crash that everyone has talked about.
Doesn't sound like it. BTW, I have a way not to cause the equipment crash. I think. Move the cursor in the first and second columns to the top, then press "e". The game hasn't crashed so far.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:46:24 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 31, 2013, 04:20:32 pm »

On the subject of wooden cages, I cannot resist the chance to post this video:

Tigers Vs Toothpick Cage

Granted, wood is pretty strong though, depending on the species of tree used-some species are much harder and more resilient than others. Plywood, on the other hand...is most definitely NOT either of those things.  Even a plywood cage could probably contain something like a bloatsprite though. And if the animal is not able to leverage its strength, then even weaker woods become viable cages...up until a point. Pine and similar woods are very soft unless the resin in them is allowed to harden off, I believe. Oak is very, VERY tough, and cedar is a good wood as well, though I think this is more for the fact it is highly resistant to rot. As for the other woods, I don't have much knowledge.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:33:45 pm by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 31, 2013, 05:41:10 pm »

>Tiger vs Toothpick Cage
They are C to the razy CRAZY!

>Crash on Military screen help
I don't spend much time on Military, though I will take your advice and attempt you 'mousing over the second line' thing

>>Plywood Cages don't make sense
>Neither do wood cages
They do make sense, what about the tree hugging hippy Elf or elf equivelant caging tactics, we want them to die in their own woody homes(If you take this seriously, you are not a dwarf)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:52:30 pm by Iceblaster »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:11 pm »

Apparently, one of my ponies is a refugee from a Steel Ranger bunker and has graciously decided to share their knowledge with the rest of their new Stable and kind.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 31, 2013, 06:45:31 pm »

well...
Yeah, thats TOTALLY it! backstory and shit, not bugs! yeah!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 31, 2013, 06:48:30 pm »

That's not a bug, that's an unexpected feature.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 31, 2013, 06:51:56 pm »

That's not a bug, that's an unexpected feature.
The difference being...?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 31, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »

One is quashed, the other celebrated.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 31, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

And he will go stark raving mad when you use it and it disappears.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 210