Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476868 times)

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2235 on: April 06, 2013, 08:34:05 am »

>Other issues exist though. It will take quite some time to integrate, as I'll need to either add terminal-linked versions of each Ministry building (Doubling the number of workshops), or replace the existing ones with terminal-links (Which makes extra processing matrices useless once you've built a maneframe). Feedback on this would be appreciated, as both are problematic.

Below is the number for each type of matrics we need to build one from each workshop.
S-tec 6
Rb 3
Mas matrics 4
Mom matrics 3
Mop matrics 1
Mwt matrics 1
Moa matrics 1
Moi matrics 0

Considering how terminals used to be working in real life, wouldn't it make more sense to have only one kind of maneframe that is capable to 'produce' the different kind of matricses so we could build any number of terminals we like? That would be like connecting up the network(workshops) through the matricses. Even better, the maneframe could copy the matricses like the other hologems but with a chance of failure (or into a blank matrics), so it would have a limiting factor too, and we could only replicate the matricses we have already found. In addition it wouldn't make matrices from salvage useless after we have built the maneframe. I'm not really adequate at modding, but I believe this approach would need the least amount of time to implement (in any satisfactory way at least). Fluff wise I think its close enough to both the Fallout and FOE universes to be believable. Also it wouldn't screw up the gameplay too much, workshops would be still usable with only one 'core', so the beginning of the game wouldn't change; and the mature enough stables would have all their 'computing' needs covered.

Edit: also we could build the maneframe from a 'computing core' found in high end salvage like MAS creates, and scrap electronics made at the electronics workshop from scrap metals. Also keep in mind that this is technomagic in the most definitive sense of the word, so anything could make sense. :D

Edit2: apparently the biome I'm playing on is completely devoid of wildlife. It's called the Maroon Fields, and it is a temperate grassland with temperate temperature and wilderness for surroundings. It's spooky place that's for sure. Perhaps the fact that it is the doorstep for Unity's stronghold has something to do with it ( well not really just in fluff. )
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:24:22 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 06, 2013, 11:32:02 am »

Statistics so far 'Rampartbalance:
3 Legends Buried
15(18) Ponies Buried
5 Pets Buried
4 Foals/Colts Born
6 Living Legends (Only 2 are 'home-grown')
1 Accidental Flooding
3rd Leader (Just waiting for this one to die too...)
Total dead/missing/buried: 156

I can still get crashes at the military screen, I quicksave before and after.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »

> I can still get crashes at the military screen, I quicksave before and after.
I assume you're using the new version, without the dfhack search plugin, so this is very odd. It was confirmed that the plugin was causing the equipment crashes, so can you provide more details on yours? A save would be nice as well; you can upload it on DFFD with the directions to reproduce the crash.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Maklak: The guide is wonderful, but it's intimidating to read - formatting could be improved with color coding and separation of different sections. I've attached it to the advanced guides in any case. Much thanks! :)

Gzoker: Having only a single type of maneframe doesn't make much sense to me as it was made pretty clear in the novel that different Ministries had their own maneframes and terminal networks.

Your suggestion of matrix copying put me in mind of a solution; the different maneframes could convert Stable-Tec processing matrices into their respective Ministry versions. This is in line with Stable-Tec being the major producer of terminals - their matrices are the base export versions, subsequently modified with different programming by the end-user. I will increase the drop rate of Stable-Tec matrices to compensate (If it's not high enough already), and perhaps add a means of manufacturing them. It certainly reduces the amount of modding time necessary.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 12:41:44 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 06, 2013, 01:02:08 pm »

A mainframe is big computer capable of processing huge amount of data. A terminal is a monitor and a keyboard, and a simple processing unit capable of sending and receiving data to the mainframe. In the novels the ministries had their own maneframes because they needed significantly more processing capacity than any of our stables will ever do, but I don't think they were incompatible with each other, or too much different at all, especially if they were all built by Stable-tec. Processing data on large scale is almost the same in every system today, as backwards compatibility is important.
Having a maneframe for each ministry in the wasteland seem unrealistic to me, they would never operate on full capacity -and looking on the resources needed it's like building raptors.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 06, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »

My latest Stable now has Wastelanders who hale from the "Kingdom of Zenith."

..what was this Zebra up to in this alternate version of Equestria?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 06, 2013, 01:19:03 pm »

> I can still get crashes at the military screen, I quicksave before and after.
I assume you're using the new version, without the dfhack search plugin, so this is very odd. It was confirmed that the plugin was causing the equipment crashes, so can you provide more details on yours? A save would be nice as well; you can upload it on DFFD with the directions to reproduce the crash.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Eh, hasn't happened since and when I did reload, it worked fine. The save has been saved over already.  Yes, I'm using the c version.

The only detail really is first time set-up of militia and... it happened when I assigned the guy in the 2nd slot, straight after the militia commander.  I set-up custom uniforms before-hand.   I did the same when I reloaded.  So...  'shrug'?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 06, 2013, 02:02:46 pm »

> Eh, hasn't happened since and when I did reload, it worked fine.
Uploading the save would still be helpful.

I've returned the advisory warning to the bugs and hotfix section, but until it happens more than once or with multiple players I hope it's just a fluke.

> Maneframes
The processing matrices in game are self-contained computing systems in their own right, not just data uplinks, so combining four or so together would approximate the processing power of a small maneframe. Along with the power source and miscellaneous electronics, the necessary resources aren't on the scale of a Raptor cloudship. Having a maneframe per Ministry also opens up new research trees for each, whether it is decryption of recovered Ministry data hologems, or the construction of megaprojects with the maneframe as the core (Think the Single Pony Project, which is on the development list as an endgame technology ;)).

> ..what was this Zebra up to in this alternate version of Equestria?
Nothing good, I bet. :P
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 06, 2013, 02:15:30 pm »

Oh, i was on the assumption that the maneframe gets in the game by itself, which is really shortsighted of me. I didn't really thought about technology trees depending on the maneframes in the future, but your response cleared it up that they will have many uses and they won't exist just to be there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:13:43 pm by gzoker »

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 06, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »

Apparently when Dune Sunrasps the Griffon traveled to the jungle and tamed the wolves there, he tamed the everloving crap out of them. My entire stable is one long retelling of his exploits. All of my artifacts and many of engravings are dedicated to him.

I've noticed something. If I remove certain things, like caverns, it removes other things like underground seeds. That part makes sense, i guess, but I wonder what other things based on world features?

Edit: So if creatures like geckos and radhogs can't be tamed, we can't butcher the ones caught in our cage traps? That does not seem right.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:05:46 pm by Thirtyeight »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 06, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

Does removing caverns also remove the Circus? If so, then you can go in and take the cotton candy with no risk of getting eaten by clowns

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 06, 2013, 04:50:37 pm »

No.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:57 pm »

Thanks... makes me sad, but thanks anyway... now onto getting my bale pheonix war army for the Steel Rangers to play with, bye~

EDIT:Demon Types 0 right... I barely mess with advanced world gen so I never knew that
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:18:21 pm by Iceblaster »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:09 pm »

You could always set demon types to 0 in worldgen.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 06, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »

Possible idea.

Since savage evil areas (particularly swamps for some reason) are set to spawn pretty much only high and medium quality salvage (which renders expeditions redundant) and since it is easy enough to become superpowered with tech as it is, maybe salvaging can be made harder and more dangerous?

If mining stone can release toxic gas, can the same thing be done for trees?

I'm thinking that maybe the excessive amount of high and medium quality salvage "trees" in savage evil areas could be replaced with dangerous variants which could release clouds of stagnant/stale pink cloud/radiation (which are less dangerous than the real thing) when chopped down.
Or maybe salvage logs could have a small chance to emit a gas cloud when processed.

The material value for salvage should also be lowered or removed altogether if it hasn't already, traders insist on bringing most of their cloth and leather in HQ and MQ salvage bins, and you can still cheat the default amount of embark points if the game gives you antique stuff for your embark.
It's not like salvage logs are actually meant to be used as building and crafting materials anyways, and while its nice to have the option to create "antique splints" it just doesn't make any sense for them to be of such a high value.
Salvage logs are supposed to be unidentified garbage, not gold, right?
Weight of salvage logs could also be increased significantly as to slow down the obtaining of it and increasing the dangers of scavenging the surface/caves, would also force players to use more wheelbarrows (although increased weight would have the side effect of making training weapons made out of salvage logs seriously hard hitting blunt weapons).

Thoughts?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 06, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »

If mining stone can release toxic gas, can the same thing be done for trees?

No. Mining stone can release toxic gas due to clusters of stone in the groound.

I'm thinking that maybe the excessive amount of high and medium quality salvage "trees" in savage evil areas could be replaced with dangerous variants which could release clouds of stagnant/stale pink cloud/radiation (which are less dangerous than the real thing) when chopped down.
Or maybe salvage logs could have a small chance to emit a gas cloud when processed.

Oh. Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210