Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472662 times)

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2250 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:38 pm »

So has there been any consideration for an equivalent of the Gun Runners? Late game weapons and armor at outlandishly high prices? It would be a way for stables that have been incredibly unlucky salvage-wise to keep up with the competition.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 06, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

Apparently when Dune Sunrasps the Griffon traveled to the jungle and tamed the wolves there, he tamed the everloving crap out of them. My entire stable is one long retelling of his exploits. All of my artifacts and many of engravings are dedicated to him.

I've noticed something. If I remove certain things, like caverns, it removes other things like underground seeds. That part makes sense, i guess, but I wonder what other things based on world features?

Edit: So if creatures like geckos and radhogs can't be tamed, we can't butcher the ones caught in our cage traps? That does not seem right.

Last I checked, geckos could still be tamed.  Normal geckos.  I have not been fortunate enough to capture any golden ones, yet.  Just make sure you designate an "area" (with "I") and set it to "Training" over the area you keep your cages and trapped animals/prisoners.

Edit: "Glimmer Jest, Scavenger has created Luxurymeadow, a lignite hologem of time stop."  I'd post a screenshot, but I can't seem to crop them down to a reasonable size for posting.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:16:01 pm by Treason »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:55 pm »

If mining stone can release toxic gas, can the same thing be done for trees?

No. Mining stone can release toxic gas due to clusters of stone in the groound.

I'm thinking that maybe the excessive amount of high and medium quality salvage "trees" in savage evil areas could be replaced with dangerous variants which could release clouds of stagnant/stale pink cloud/radiation (which are less dangerous than the real thing) when chopped down.
Or maybe salvage logs could have a small chance to emit a gas cloud when processed.

Oh. Yeah.
Actually, Meph managed to do it with shattering crystal trees.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 06, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »

Yes, that's what my oh yeah was about.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 06, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »

Can trees be made to drop an additional item over the log?

And another idea while I'm at it and the subject of gas is up.
"Pockets" of gas maybe? Natural gas which releases a "fire" or "explosion" gas when mined? Underground pink cloud pockets?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 06, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »

You can totally do that. Just make a "rock" with a fixed temperature higher than its boiling point.

The only downside is that it doesn't become a gas until exposed by mining.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 06, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »

Can trees be made to drop an additional item over the log?

No.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 07, 2013, 04:55:30 am »

> The guide is wonderful, but it's intimidating to read - formatting could be improved with color coding and separation of different sections.
I know. Writing it was a battle of attrition and I just wanted to finally be done and move on. I'll probably update it later with lists, bigger fonts and the like.

Maneframes as "maneframe rack" furniture that can't be disassembled and can only be built into workshops that re-program Stable-Tec processing matrices is a good idea. It doesn't give us any incentive to disassemble the workshop for parts.

> Maybe salvaging can be made harder and more dangerous? If mining stone can release toxic gas, can the same thing be done for trees?
No. Salvaging is dangerous enough as it is, with all the raging wildlife and toxic weather. And I'm not even in a savage or irradiated biome.

> The material value for salvage should also be lowered or removed altogether if it hasn't already, traders insist on bringing most of their cloth and leather in HQ and MQ salvage bins, and you can still cheat the default amount of embark points if the game gives you antique stuff for your embark.
It has already been lowered. Any lower and I'll be able to bring multiple HQ salvage logs on embark. The "makeshift", "scrap" and "antique" wooden items are an unfortunate side effect, but it can't be helped.
If the game gives me antique stuff on embark, I get 700 more points. This is about as much as I need for basic supplies and a robot or two. It doesn't break the game, like having 10000 free embark points in the earlier version did. Besides, there just isn't enough normal embark points anyway. They start at 0 and I need several hundred just for skills.

> it just doesn't make any sense for them [HQ salvage logs] to be of such a high value. Salvage logs are supposed to be unidentified garbage, not gold, right?
Yes and no. Low quality salvage is pretty much just rust and an occasional tool or crate. HQ salvage has some closed chests and is suspected of having some good stuff in it. If anything, HQ logs are too cheap considering what's inside. One thing I can agree on is that it doesn't make sense for antique items to be so valuable, but it can't be helped. Just don't buy them. The HQ and MQ logs are already so cheap that I can bring some on embark and buy them from caravans without any trouble. It wouldn't make much sense to buy these things for peanuts and get rich either. I mean now I can order all kinds of HQ logs from the caravan and pay several thousands for lots of them at x2 price. If they are any cheaper, I won't have to worry about payment at all and will be able to bring even more of them on embark.

> Weight of salvage logs could also be increased significantly as to slow down the obtaining of it and increasing the dangers of scavenging the surface/caves, would also force players to use more wheelbarrows.
Salvage logs are already heavy and I already have to use wheelbarrows and surround my salvage yard with the stockpile. Salvage is still lighter than stone, and maybe it should be the other way around.

The way salvage is now works for me. What remains is endless arguments on drop rates.

> So has there been any consideration for an equivalent of the Gun Runners? Late game weapons and armor at outlandishly high prices? It would be a way for stables that have been incredibly unlucky salvage-wise to keep up with the competition.
For this you'd need a Gun Runner civilisation that sends us caravans. I don't like the idea much. Besides, finding, reverse-engineering and making our own AMRs and other endgame items is part of the fun. I'm not sure I want to just buy boxes of AMRs, chainsaw rifles and combat armour.

> Last I checked, geckos could still be tamed. Normal geckos.
Damn, you're right. I had those things in my cages and I killed them :(

> "Glimmer Jest, Scavenger has created Luxurymeadow, a lignite hologem of time stop."
Too bad artefacts aren't used in reactions. It'll just look pretty and taunt you to research Alteration.

> "Pockets" of gas maybe? Natural gas which releases a "fire" or "explosion" gas when mined? Underground pink cloud pockets?
Poisonous rock that killed miners was probably the single most hated feature of Masterwork Mod. So no, even though it makes sense in-fluff.

Some of my own ideas:

* Existing Combat rifle + Chainsaw / Ripper + scrap parts -> Chainsaw / Ripper rifle (no schematics).
Making chainsaw / ripper rifles from steel bars and a chainsaw / ripper didn't make much sense to me. After all, this is attaching an bayonet, not making a rifle from scratch. It would also be simpler and not require a schematics, so we can have those upgraded rifles earlier.

*3 (5?) T3 (T4?) gems + MAS gemcrafting -> A good chance of ITEM_LENS_UNIVERSAL_MAX.
It may not make much sense in-fluff to make a substitute for a diamond from several other games, but it would give us a use for T3 and T4 gems besides lensed and a few spell hologems and it would let you lower the chance for clear diamond from rock grinding. If-fluff, well, I suppose when the pones are used to tinkering and making due with what they have and making creative substitutions, it is not that far fetched either.

SATS and Time spells (but not their exhaustion effects should be mutually exclusive. That is SATS in "interaction_stable.txt" should have these: [IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:TIME], [SYN_CLASS:TIME]. SATS is described as a time affecting spell in the novel and the other two time spells are already mutually exclusive. It shouldn't be disabled by exhaustion from other time spells, just by the spells themselves. It also makes for a great combo for alteration Adepts:
* TS (for 50 TUs), SATS (for 100 TUs) / exhaustion , nothing / exhaustion (for 100 TUs), TD (for 100 TUs), exhaustion (for 120 TUs), nothing but everything should be dead by now. 
If SATS fires up first, that's fine, it will wear off with no side effects and hopefully the pony will survive the first 100 TUs of combat. If SATS doesn't go first, it will mitigate some exhaustion after another time spell.

Use T3 gems for advanced processing matrices and talismans. T2 gems are frequent enough and T3 gems are only good for lenses and a handful of hologems for magic research.

Add clear glass lenses to MAS gemcrafting station. It has everything else anyway.

Consider adding reactions to "downgrade" gems, lenses and hologems, so that T3 and T4 can be used instead of T2.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 07, 2013, 07:44:57 am »

> Maybe salvaging can be made harder and more dangerous? If mining stone can release toxic gas, can the same thing be done for trees?
No. Salvaging is dangerous enough as it is, with all the raging wildlife and toxic weather. And I'm not even in a savage or irradiated biome.

Fun fact.
Plain savage biomes are harder than terrifying evil biomes.

Try embarking on a terrifying evil swamp like I've done with Lemon and Orange, and you'll see why I ask for harder salvaging.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 07, 2013, 07:50:26 am »

>Fun Fact
That is surprising... I thought it would be the other way around

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 07, 2013, 08:47:51 am »

>Fun Fact
That is surprising... I thought it would be the other way around

Neutral Savage areas (Untamed Wilds) produce far more ghouls than most Evil Biomes, no matter their Savagery level (Sinister, Haunted, Terrifying).  And if you are so masochistic as to embark in an Untamed Wilds desert, good luck surviving the numerous sand storms.  I have yet to find a spot where the radiation is of the so-called "lesser" variety that does not kill ponies but only makes them sick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: On a side note, I've decided to do away with a zone marked for the storage of my plywood boards.  I just disabled plywood from my areas of finished goods and leave the boards in the sawmill.  I put my plywood shop right next to the mill and it works out even better than the zone surrounding it.

Edit edit:  I forgot to mention one of the principle ponies of my stable.  "Arcana" Worthycontrol, the Metalsmith.  One of my first-year autumn migrants with the star and swirl CM of a true master of the arcane.  I've had several stables where I have had plentiful numbers of Adept-marked unicorns, but so far I've been put off by the convoluted nature of spell research.  I may have to take advantage of this one, though.

Edit edit edit:  It must be the freezing temperatures that are keeping the rot away from killing everyone outright.  I goofed and selected ice as the material to use for a section of wall within the lowest level.  The stuff's actually still there, a year later (though this could just be the funny physics of DF ice.  I'm aware that workshops made of it will melt when constructed below ground, but constructs I am not sure of).  My area never grows warm enough to actually melt the stuff above ground, and I have been fortunate to have a "cold" tiaga that allows crop growing and actually honey bees.

Maybe I'll make mead (low quality that it is) the primary drink of Glenslide.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:07:21 am by Treason »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:56 am »

DF ice, as far I know, does not melt if its player built

EDIT: As I don't want to double post, I am EDITing this post. I have encountered a bug type thing.

A caravan of slavers arrived on my main Apple save(I made a duplicate incase a game breaking bug occurs) and all through the time they were there, they did not have their goods ready, and left before I could get all those delicious useful slaves for the fort, should I load my backup save or just wait for next year?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:28:03 pm by Iceblaster »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 07, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »

Fun fact.
Plain savage biomes are harder than terrifying evil biomes.

Which is pretty funny, in a way. I kept trying to survive the "easier" irradiated biomes in a attempt to avoid flesh melting clouds of nasty, but as it turns out Hellhounds and Canterlot Ghouls are much less of a pain to deal with, as compared to a unending swarm of "regular" ghouls.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 07, 2013, 03:27:59 pm »

I know these are probably a long way off, but there are some things I think should be added to the mod at some point. The way I see it, technology in the game comes in several tiers, ranging from the purely practical all the way to sci-fi tech that makes life more convenient. I think that there should be a final, epic tier added, one designed for forts that have reached the endgame, when your stable will be facing large, heavily armed sieges often. I believe there should be a handful of expensive, difficult to build units, capable of leveling the playing field, or possibly just your fortress.

>Cyberponies
I know these have been mentioned before, but I don't think the details of how they'd be implemented was ever fully fleshed out. The way I see it, they would work similar to the golems in masterwork, where dwarfs would be transformed into dedicated military units, capable of massively augmenting your military at the cost of resources and a unit that could have been put to other tasks. Cyberponies would have back whatever bodyparts were lost earlier, and would gain massive agility and strength bonuses, but would lose their cutie marks. In fluff this makes perfect sense, would you care about gardening so much after someone took a melonballer to your guts?

For balance, the cost of making cyberponies would probably be prohibitively expensive, and the range of weapons they can use could possibly be reduced?

>Military Sentry Bots
I think there should be another robot in the RobronCo lineup, the Sentry Bot. Even if you didn't like the FPS games, you had to admit Sentry bots could take a beating. I figure making one would cost double or triple the amount of steel plating, but the result would be a slow moving, minigun wielding monster that could shrug off most melee and small arms fire. Strategically, I see these things as the ultimate sentry guns, too slow to chase attackers, but able to seriously hurt invaders who'd penetrated your stable.

>K9000 minigun
My favorite gun from New Vegas, the K9000 was a minigun that could fire larger than normal rounds, mulching most targets, provided you had the ammo to feed it. Producing it would cost a cyberdog and a minigun, alternatively it could be found in high quality crates like the other legendary guns. It would probably eat through all your large rounds in a short amount of time, but you'd have a weapon capable of pushing back BS sieges.

>Hero units
Finally, what if stables could build their own version of Liberty Prime? I figure it would be no different than keeping a chained dragon in your fort. It would be huge, so expensive you probably could only ever field one per embark, and just as likely to destroy your stable as your enemies. It would be the ultimate sign of a stable's riches, and would probably count toward greater sieges from the Brotherhood and the Enclave. It would be awesome!

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 07, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »

Expeditions have been pretty interesting for me.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 210