Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 479645 times)

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2310 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »

Just had my first Stable fall to 4 griffon ambush groups.  Lesson learned:  Flying enemies are friggin' overpowered.  Head shot, head shot, head shot...50 pages of head shots.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 10, 2013, 09:19:42 pm »

To be fair, griffons are badass in the novel too.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »

Flying + armor + assault rifles = dead ponies. My legendary melee squad fares surprisingly well against them, though.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 10, 2013, 09:38:14 pm »

Flying + armor + assault rifles = dead ponies. My legendary melee squad fares surprisingly well against them, though.

Badass melee ponies... remind me not to visit your fort with my balefire pheonix army

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:36 am »

> > One problem about this mod's workshops, especially ones that are supposed to propagate interactions is that they have so many unwalkable tiles. Do those obscure view?
> They don't obscure view. In fact, the reaction-based interactions (except for expeditions) don't depend on line of sight - they can transmit through walls, allowing the interrogation interactions, for example, to convert chickens pastured outside a prison room into blanks.
I've noticed that expeditions take time some time to propagate and sometimes don't propagate all the way, stopping at 2 ponies, even though there are 2 more further away. I don't quite know how the interaction chains work, but if it builds up (EL selects a soldier, that soldier answers with an interaction to EL, then EL selects another soldier and so on and on the final propagation EL enters the final state), that would explain the slight lag.

> > Expedition healing.
> I may change expeditions to bring a brahmin along instead as the substrate for transformation.
That makes sense and would fix it, but I hate grazers for their dying of hunger in the middle of my dining hall. I'd rather just use a chicken instead.

> > Workshop interaction problems.
> Yes, feedback would be useful for this, as I just ran several reactions for Nurse Redheart conversions/assembly and they all worked when the Mr. Hooves or chicken was within 1-2 tiles of the workshop. I suspect it's related to how the Linux version of dfhack r3 interfaces with dwarf fortress run in WINE.
It's good to know that I can make my pasture around the workshop and bigger, so that the animals will stop fighting. Cages also seem to work, as I once had something turn inside a cage.
I'm quite sure my issues have nothing to do with my OS: I just use the 0.30b with windows everything and run it under WINE. If it works at all, it should work correctly. Besides, other things, like items with syndromes work, as I am able to use SATS.
You can't simply put Linux dfhack together with Windows version of the game and expect it to work. The ABIs are incompatible and it wouldn't run at all and produce lots of errors.
I'm using 0.30b, but I don't think there were any major changes since then.

> Just had my first Stable fall to 4 griffon ambush groups.  Lesson learned:  Flying enemies are friggin' overpowered.  Head shot, head shot, head shot...50 pages of head shots.
Griffins are 2.5 times as heavy as ponies and start at 8 weapon skills and 5 auxiliary skills, like dodge and bite and can only get better from there. I haven't had any visit me yet, but they're pretty scary, even against combat armours and shield walls. On the plus side, even Novice spells will work against them.

I thought, I finally figured out how to list all the creatures without graphic tiles: http://pastebin.com/aLy9DTv0
$ grep -C 10  "CREATURE_TILE:'" * | grep -A 2 "CREATURE:" > ../../../no_tiles.txt
Problem is, some of those, like chickens and sprite-bots, already have graphic tiles in the game. I also think that cages suppress the tilesets. The idea was to list all creatures with [CREATURE_TILE:'g'] or similar and cut out [CREATURE_TILE:128], but apparently that wasn't it. There must be something that the [COLOR:3:0:1] does to give some creatures graphic tiles.
EDIT: Ah, the stuff in "raw/graphics" redefines some of those tiles to be pictures. Looking at it some more, adding a creature is usually 1-6 sprites (adult, child, reanimated, skeletal, trained for war, trained for hunting), while adding an intelligent race (like Stable ponies or Wastelanders) is hundreds of sprites for all the professions and it won't differentiate gender or castes. Stonesense may be better to work with. Last time I screwed with it, I got coat and mane colours to work as well as horns and wings.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:11:07 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:45 am »

The ponies of Tattooedthunder have captured a live giant cave spider!

Cave spider silk socks for everyone!.

Soon after, my Necromancer/Militia Commander, Aquamarine Flashpot, has bestowed the name Silk Famine Wield upon a steel machete.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:16:36 pm by Treason »

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:10 pm »

I'm having some difficulty getting my ponies to replace worn out clothing. I have fresh jumpsuits in the finished goods pile and brand new horseshoes in the armor pile, yet I still see ponies with xclothesx and occasionally bad thoughts about wearing old clothes. Any ideas about what I could do to fix this?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 11, 2013, 12:51:01 pm »

Manually forbid and dump their old clothes?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

I'll try that, thank you.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 11, 2013, 01:01:14 pm »

cleanowned from dfhack is better.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 11, 2013, 01:27:11 pm »

The problem with using DFhack is that I suddenly have a stable tantruming because now everyone's naked. At least forbidding and dumping a few at a time allows me to produce enough clothes to keep up.

Is there anything I'm missing out on by leaving temperature off?  I really need the FPS boost that comes from leaving it off.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:36:26 pm by Thirtyeight »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 11, 2013, 07:58:38 pm »

>Is there anything I'm missing out on by leaving temperature off?  I really need the FPS boost that comes from leaving it off.
All the reactions that use boiling rock [light] to transmit there effects. Plus all those stones are going to clutter the workshops, and laser bolts won't evaporate either.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:04 pm »

What reactions are those exactly?

Also, any idea why my ponies refuse to fill medium ammo boxes? I have several stacks worth of ammo, yet I keep getting job cancellations.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:38 pm »

You can only make ammo boxes from several full stacks of steel medium ammo. Sometimes the reaction turns available even when you don't have enough items for the reaction. As for the light boulders, well half the mod I guess.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:47 pm »

If its just stuff do involving the terminals, I will be fines, and as I understand it, a recent update to dfhack lets Lycaeon get around most of those. So if thats all I'm missing out on, I'll be fine.

The bullets things don't make sense, I have the stacks of steel bullets, in stackes of 28, yet I am told a box cannot be filled because I don't have stacks of ammo (28). This shouldn't be happening.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 210