Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472505 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2325 on: April 11, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »

I think you need eight full stacks.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 11, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »

Does quality make a difference? I have about 30 stacks of steel bullets (28).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

No, I think quality only matters on their value... so masterwork bullets should be able to fit in with regular bullets

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:05 pm »

Make sure they aren't otherwise assigned. Even if they aren't being carried, they can still be claimed by a squad.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 12, 2013, 08:38:19 am »

Testing to see if cloth "socks" will fulfill a pony's desire for shoes and cease their temper tantrum spirals.  If not, I think light horseshoes need to be moved to the "clothing" section of the forge so that we can produce them out of more than just the limited amounts of metal we have available for weaponry and armor.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:49 am »

They will, yes, but I like using horseshoes better anyway.

The clothing section of the forge is for using candy cloth to make stuff. It does not handle other stuff.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:32 am »

The clothing section of the forge is for using candy cloth to make stuff. It does not handle other stuff.

You are right.  I found out that the socks do indeed fulfill this desire soon after posting.  Despite "fluff," I think I'm going to go for socks over horseshoes from now on, simply because I like rehabilitating slaves and one roll of cloth will supply four socks vs the one horseshoe from one bar of metal.

That said, I seem to recall the masterwork mod being able to turn silver, gold and suck precious metals into thread, then churning them into clothing.  I don't remember if it was done at the forge or the clothing workshop..I'll have to dust off my copy and see.

So much desire to learn DF modding!  So little time...

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 12, 2013, 11:32:54 am »

You are right.  I found out that the socks do indeed fulfill this desire soon after posting.  Despite "fluff," I think I'm going to go for socks over horseshoes from now on, simply because I like rehabilitating slaves and one roll of cloth will supply four socks vs the one horseshoe from one bar of metal.

That said, I seem to recall the masterwork mod being able to turn silver, gold and suck precious metals into thread, then churning them into clothing.  I don't remember if it was done at the forge or the clothing workshop..I'll have to dust off my copy and see.

So much desire to learn DF modding!  So little time...
It's two horseshoes per bar.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... you can always get rid of the unnecessary legs...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:12:40 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 12, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »

Worm Ponies? But then they couldn't put socks on their hoovsies to keep them warm at home!
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 12, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

Worm Ponies? But then they couldn't put socks on their hoovsies to keep them warm at home!
He meant bipedal ponies... basically pastel colored dwarves with tattoos.  Hard to properly imagine bipeds 'buck'...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 12, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »

Now, i have to post this:

And just to be relevant somewhat, I had a tantrum spiral long ago when I made horseshoes instead of light horseshoes. The ponies won't equip those unless you tell them to via the military screen. I had to look into the raws to figure that one out. It was confusing. Horseshoes and security horseshoes are almost the same, so i don't think both are needed.

>>Horseshoes don't work unless told to via military screen
>I assume the reason is because it is armor and not civilian wear
Exactly. But security boots already fill that slot, so i got confused about it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:39:23 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 12, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »

>Twi worm pony
DAAAAAAAAAAAW

>Horshoes don't work unless told to via military screen
I assume the reason is because it is armor and not civilian wear

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 12, 2013, 06:13:37 pm »

Yay!  Terrifying Glacial Stable, entitled "Ancientbath the Brightness of Hope."

I've discovered that on a fair number of embarks, if you dig strait down beneath your wagon, you'll have a fair chance of not hitting any caverns until you reach magma.  This happened to be the (fortunate) case this time and I was able to get everyone down below before the clouds arrived.  No pink clouds, this time, but heavily radiated ones that turn ponies into ghouls.

My initial "yay" was that there is bauxite on this map!  My home civ has it, but I've got tons of the stuff!  No more having to ration precious wood for bins and barrels and make due with stone and cloth beds.  Aluminum furniture for everyone!  I also struck sphalerite and native gold while digging down, so I've got plenty of zinc for brass and gold for fine furniture and exports.  I took a guess and dug out a section in what I was hoping would be the top of the first cavern.  Turned out to be about the middle section of it, but near a plateau of sorts.  My two robots and bighorns are aggressively slaying anything that comes near the entrance and keeping my farms safe.  My pony scouts also picked up the end of an underground lake that was fed from an off-map river.  Plenty of water and I've had them form a chain up to my meeting hall for drinking water and hospital use.

So far, so good.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 12, 2013, 06:24:18 pm »

Callgrow continues.

The liaison offers to promote us to a Corporate Station. With some hesitation, Puppysmiles chooses herself as our appointed leader. Well, she only ever wants cages, so those will be easy mandates.

The animals list for pasturing is becoming real cluttered with all those chickens and robots. You should seriously consider adding this plugin: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124708.0

One reason why traders bringing everything in scrap / makeshift / antique barrels is that there are so many variations of salvage trees and such high frequencies of them. If expeditions partly replace salvaging, that will also reduce the frequency of scrap furniture as a side-effect. Speaking of which, when expeditions use a brahmin or a chicken or whatever and no longer heal a pony, we could use rare resurrection talismans to fill that role.

The list of jobs the ponies are doing is filled with "Store item in stockpile." This may be a side-effect of designating two large wood stockpiles inside the compound. Hopefully no Mr. Macintosh gets trigger-happy with a flamethrower again. Looking at the RAWS, it has range 3 (lowest in game) and cooldown 1200 (slowest in-game). I don't even see the point.

I'll use #cleanowned, just for the heck of it. What's the worst that could happen?
Found total 15370 items? Isn't that a bit too many?
Meh, I don't think it even worked. I'll just spam cabinets in rooms and hopefully it will improve the situation eventually.

Profiling workshops for spells is finished. So are some of the spells, but the research and gem cutting are still underway. When using one terminal for each spell, several terminals are going to have the same profile, so it is less tedious to use one terminal per (basic level) school of magic. Anyway, when using my method, it helps to sort the notes on which ponies go where by their order in the workshop profile. This reduces the time and frustration from O(n*m) to O(n). Oh, and label the terminals with Notes. So far nopony went to even begin to learn any spells.

Actually, I asked and got an even better way to do this: "Try pressing Alt-Shift-N (for alphabetic sorting) in the workshop profile menu." It works, the ponies do get sorted alphabetically, making managing workshop profiles much easier.

Flamer fuel and biofuel are in the same category. I don't want biofuel in my robot parts stockpile, but flamer fuel is useful for Macintoshes. Anyway, this is a minor nitpick.

Compass (Alteration Apprentice) goes to study the Healing Spell. This better be good. First reaction has no effect. Same with second and third. He does this until he gets thirsty, with no apparent effect. I just set up the terminal for it and sorted ponies into non-conflicting schools by terminal profiles, so this shouldn't be a mistake. What the hay?

Looks like Witty Charmer, a child of Dishes, won't make it after his mother died. He is dehydrated, hungry and very unhappy.

A storm forces us to not go outside the walls. More ponies go to study spells. So far... nothing.

Radrat needs cut gems for his strange mood. Fine, cut come I1 gems. Wait, didn't I just buy a bunch of them from a caravan? Lol, yeah, have a polished topaz (I2) I have a lot of I2 gems. I guess I can cancel the jobs at the jeweller's workshop now.

Eventually the first Unicorn learned the sunder spell: Epic the nopony. I guess, I'll "promote" him to one of the expedition squads.

Witty Charmer has died of thirst. It makes for a disturbing image of a society when a forsaken child dies and no one cares.

Hm, I got an announcement that Compass is too exhausted to continue operating a pump. I may have to watch this, because Dawnpick had some (rollbacked) pony deaths from dry pump gyms. Oh wow, his attributes suck. 393 Str, 1365 Agil, 929 Toug, 311 End, 536 Rec, 995 DisRes. It must be his low endurance that made him give up. Well, at least he didn't die. Hm, the pumps are draining my hospital and prison reservoir. Oh well, I won't even bother fixing that mistake now.

I've had enough of Pierce not doing what I want him to. I disable his hauling.

A protectorpony gets upgraded to a War Armoured Protectorpony on the first try. This shortens the recharge of it's laser from 300 to 200 TUs, gives it military robot armour, making it more resilient, 6 and not 4 in throwing and ranged combat as well as +500 Agility, Spatial and Kinesthethic sense. A moderate boost all around and it is still slow. Friendly Fire gets it. There was something about "an engineer getting caught in a burst of light, so I was worried the Protectorpony went mad, but fortunately that wasn't the case. 
I looked over the RAWs and this is the best version that bought Protectorponies can be upgraded to. The homemade version doesn't have lasers and uses a minigun, and there are better uses for scarce miniguns and their ammo. The upgrade is cheap, but it uses up a Protectorpony AI, so it is best to copy that a few times at the Talisman Forge, with A2 hologems.
A realisation struck me that I probably won't be able to make minigun turrets before FPS death, so upgraded protectaponies are the next best thing to use for fortified turrets above the gate.

Radrat made a Cedar Crown and has 11 woodworking. Meh.

A bloatsprite invasion causes a lot of ammo to go to waste. As usual.

A while ago Pierce was given a healing potion autoinjector and takes regular shots. This does nothing for his old wounds. And he prefers individual combat drills to going on an expedition or learning spells.

The large wood stockpiles are finally filled, but this doesn't even remove all the cut trees from outside the walls. I'll have to build a more efficient wood processing centre. The salvage yard is already choked and I consider having a second one... although that could make the problem even worse. No, it wouldn't if I limit the second salvage yard to high quality salvage and terminals only. Ugh, there is just too much trees on the map. But hey, if I were to let them grow up to 20 tiles from the edges and just leave one clear path, that might actually work to my advantage. Some sections of the forest were already as impassable as a wall, at least to wagons. I have a 1000 wooden logs, 300 lqs and 180 mqs. That's a strange problem to have. Oh and no matter how much scrap I smelt, I always seem to have around 230 of it. Hm, I have almost a thousand concrete blocks and a few times more of it than all other blocks combined. Good, but I need more.

Yay, a raider ambush. Civilians inside, security gather, recruits gather behind them. Lol, the raiders are fighting bloatsprites, along with a snatcher. A second crazed raider ambush comes. A few expedition ponies decide this would be a good time to go outside and pick up equipment. A snatcher shows up right next to Lotos. It didn't end well for him. Another snatcher came through the trading depot and is fighting Bookworm. I guess, I'll need 2 depots, airlocks to spare and static defences for both. Some more random snatchers come, but are dealt with. The ranged expedition squad is told to defend the SW corner of the wall and shoot pellets at the raiders from behind fortifications. This was supposed to train them up, but they never got around to it. The raiders are just milling around near the edge of the map. Then a third raider ambush comes at the eastern gate. I knew not to send all the soldiers to chase the first two squads, leaving the entrance undefended! Let them come to us.
Ugh, some of the soldiers decide this would be a great time to store items in bins. Especially those items outside the wall. Most of the third ambush makes it through the cage traps, but Badge goes to face them, so we should be OK. The core group is ordered to kill the squad of raiders that's about to go after Ink, who is carrying a heavy bin. The third squad of raiders is torn apart by the veterans. Ink is severely wounded, but help is on the way. Ink dies, while the ranged squads continue to wound the raiders. I have a free spot in one of the expedition squads now. The second squad of raiders comes towards the western gate, so this is pretty much the end of screwing around. Security is told to just kill the raiders. Steak gets wounded in a hoof severely enough to go on an expedition. The fight with the raiders becomes a chaotic blob of ponies. Lotus enters a marital trance and chops a raider apart with her @Steel Chainsaw@. Leader of the second squad somehow makes it through the defence line, who focus on finishing off the first squad. The raider reinforcements from the second squad are close and clash with security. The remainder of the raiders scramble away, but their leader amazingly holds his own against several ponies and manages to bite Steak. I wonder if this will have any consequences. Lotus bites another raider. I wonder if their madness will spread from this. Deadeye runs out of bullets, so instead he repeatedly bashes an unconscious raider in the head with his +Hunting Rifle+. Two raiders manage to escape, the rest are killed. The alert is called off and everything goes back to normal.

Machine Stitch organizes an expedition. I'll remove her and add Steak to the profile.

Fishing Rod recovers 3 expedition patients into one bed. I just don't want to know how that works. He begins diagnosing them, but then walks off for a drink. Doctors in general aren't interested in treating their patients.

Compass is too exhausted to stay at the gym again. His endurance increased to 353, and while that's very low, a gain of 42 in a short time is very good for a civilian. And he is only at lvl 3 Pump Operating. Pump gyms are a good way to boost Endurance and to a lesser degree strength. His maximum endurance is 1284, at least according to DT 20.0, the best DT version so far. What do you know, most veterans have pretty much capped their important stats by now... and wow, those EPs are so much better in physical stats. Some can even max out pretty close to 5000 and get above with Power Armours. Unicorns, on the other hoof, usually have at least one physical attribute below 500, sometimes a few. 

I think you nailed Bloodwings the first time around, when they were raging and killing every civilian pony in sight, but dying to soldiers easily. The Bloodwings that we have now are too harmless compared to the novel.

Apparently we had a Brahmin calf and it starved to death. Oh well.

Spell learning rate is very low. Unicorns keep trying, but so far have hardly any results. And I take precautions not to miss the "r" announcements.

Yay, 15 migrants, including 4 foals. No interesting skills, but there is an Axepony CM, a child mechanic, a thief, a hemmerpony, a maritial pony, another mechanic, a metalcrafter, a cook, a spearpony and two more martial ponies. Looks like the military will need to be reformed again and at least one extra squad formed. Two of the new arrivals walk right into a dust storm :/ And there are no magic adepts of any kind, apart of the one Conjuration adept who died.

Pierce finally comes around to organising an expedition. Great, if it wasn't for the miracle cure, I guess I'd have to make him The Stable Dweller.

Hey, what do you know. The pony bakery decided to work for a change, so I try to make some cookie dough.

After having my ponies trying to learn spells for a few months, with just two successes, I highly recommend that you make spell learning reactions work better. I also think that my concept of 1 terminal per basic spell and not 1 terminal per school works better. Yes, there are more terminals to profile and more things to keep track of, but it improves parallelism and a spell can be set on repeat so that a pony can do it over and over again, without needing to haul other spell hologems to/from stockpiles.

> The ponies of Tattooedthunder have captured a live giant cave spider!
Congratulations. You may even be able to get webbed traps.

Another thing that may not work well without temperature on is all kinds of boiling rocks that transmit syndromes. For example chicken upgrade reactions.

> Horseshoes.
Damn, I made lots of bronze security boots and expected to be set up. By your description, anything with ARMORLEVEL will not be claimed by civilians, which leaves us with just "socks" and "light horseshoes" for shoes. And yeah, (security) horseshoes are made in sets of 2. I may actually opt for socks, simply because they are easy to mass produce with all the cloth from caravans. Horseshoes provide little protection anyway.

> That said, I seem to recall the masterwork mod being able to turn silver, gold and suck precious metals into thread, then churning them into clothing.
I think the "Fanon is magic" pony mod has something similar, but I haven't played it. It has lots of various bugs, though.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 210