Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472569 times)

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2400 on: April 20, 2013, 01:23:25 am »

I figured it would be. Just trying to figure out something that needs to be added. Hm... I might just add some more guns, and ammo. A shotgun basically just fires several small projectiles from one unit of ammunition, and with varying kinds and such. Maybe a reaction to saw off the end of a double barrel, which just decreases size. Wouldn't a combat shotgun just have a shorter wait time on shooting to account for the larger clips and it being semi-auto? A scrap shotgun could also be a cheap but crude gun, with low fire speed and damage, but doesn't require any blueprints. The ammo could be a mixture of gunpowder and scrap metal, or a bar of any grade metal. Technically, just about anything could be broken down to little bits to fire out of it, even stone or glass. Maybe add a reaction to the Gunsmith for a block of wood, and a bar of any semi strong metal, maybe copper plus. Ammo could be a special 'scrap shotgun shot' with a tag before it like 'Glass shard scrap shotgun shot', because of the variability of the ammo it would be good for those early on with little metal. I may work on this now... Even if it isn't accepted I'll mess with it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 20, 2013, 03:46:27 am »

Shotguns were discussed and cannot be done. All ranged weapons can only fire one projectile at a time, so the shotgun would have to fire a slug. There is also no way to make a weapon fire slower or faster, the speed is hardcoded. A shotgun firing slugs is too similar to a rifle to make it into the mod, but post results of what you manage to do. Glass ammo could actually work well enough and we do get more green glass then we know what to do with. Still, the bottleneck in ammo production is not the metal, but gunpowder.
The closest thing to a shotgun would be a "pellet minigun battle-saddle". Similar to minigun battle saddle, but fires pellets and is cheaper to make. But even with that, you'd get an smg, not a shotgun.

Callgrow continues.

I un-repeat spell learning and Catapult immediately learns the Rage spell. This is something of a safeguard against me missing ponies who have learnt some spells, but I have to reset the spell manually after removing that pony from workshop profile. I'll see if it works consistently better than repeat. Maybe the repeat interferes with something. Also, should I remove gas masks from ponies who want to learn spells?

I sorted through the immigrants. 5 have the potential to become soldiers reasonably fast, the other 10 will just do normal labour. I'll just throw the recruits into the veteran squad and see how it works out. Well, except I assign Shadowdancer to the expedition squad.

Most of the new arrivals are Earth Ponies, but at least EPs are more agile and stronger, making them better at hauling things. UPs don't have physical attributes specified in the RAWs, so they use the defaults. A lot of my Unicorns seem to have several attributes in the 200-700 range. Oh well, RNG is like that.

Agility:
EP: [450:950:1150:1250:1350:1550:2250]
UP: [200:700:900:1000:1100:1300:2000]

Strength:
EP: [700:1200:1400:1500:1600:1800:2500]
UP: [200:700:900:1000:1100:1300:2000]

Hm, these are just +250 Agility and +500 Strength for EPs, but my Unicorns turn out so weak and clumsy it's unreasonable.

Huh, Plank has learned the disorientation spell. Not setting the terminals on repeat must have something to do with their ability to learn.

Catapult learns disorientation spell, completing his spell training as Illusion apprentice. Removing repeat from spell terminals seems to have done the trick.

Just as Pierce returns healed from the expedition, some kind of fight happens in the hospital. Both Steak and some dog bleed to death and there are severed part everywhere. What the hay? Catapult didn't use the rage spell, so this is something else. Looks like a dog has attacked Steak for whatever reason and they both died as a result. No, that's not it. Looks like Steak has suddenly turned hostile for some reason and was ganked to death by soldiers and Pierce's Mr Macintosh. Well, that was weird. Did radiation sickness do it or what? Wait, wasn't Steak bitten by the rabid raiders?

All our basic turrets are moved inside a tower over the main gate, but there is one less than we have room, so the tower isn't locked with fortifications. Hopefully this will provide some fire support during sieges.  Unfortunately we need more turrets for the other gates and all the corners.

Wow, without repeat the ponies are learning spells like crazy.
Disorientation: Traps, Form, Gears,
Healing: Sunny Days, Mother Butterfly, Tin Can,
Steadfast Ward: Mother Butterfly, Stethoscope, Compass,
Sunder: Machine Stitch, Pierce, 
Fever: Telltale, Pierce,
Binding: Granite, Mother Butterfly, Billows, Compass, 

A forgotten beast comes very close to the arcane learning centre, but is safely behind a wall. More spells are being transcribed by Pierce. He should just go study his destruction and be done with it. Hm, earth ponies are hauling stuff in the arcane centre, but preventing this would take making a burrow and sorting by caste, which is too much work. Removing the stockpiles might also work, I suppose.

Ugh, we have 5 carpenters and none of them can be arsed to make some plywood items for months. What a shame.

Wow, the old timeout restrictions don't seem to apply anymore, because Mother Butterfly has learned Binding, Healing and Steadfast Ward spells all in one go and her arcane training is complete. Now only if she spent some time in the hospital and not just exercise in the gym and armoury, that would be great. I suppose, we'll just have to draft her at some point.

Grape Vine went to fetch things from the arcane research station at the exact same moment Pierce was conducting research. She is now severely sick. Erm, not sick. She is being mauled by Pierce's Mr Macintosh and in Granite's telekinetic grip. She died shortly. What they hay just happened? I though arcane vapour made ponies sick, not hostile.

The Unicorns are learning spells like crazy. It is not 100% effective, but definitely over 50%.

Ugh, there is no way to set a stockpile for just the high quality salvage without looking over the RAWs for trees to determine which types of carriages are high quality. Oh well, I'll just process LQS and MQS in parallel.

Marbles was taken by a fey mood. She made a quarzite bed.

There are some Taint Abominations in the caverns, but we don't even have the airlock ready. What are the miners doing anyway?

Puppysmules wants a nicer tomb. We have 5 statues: one of oysters, one of Saint, the male Unicorn deity of duty and charity and three of Feral Minotaur Reaver "Violence something" killing various ponies 160 years ago. Since this is just a tomb, I might as well put a "violent" (that was a pun) statue there.

As the ponies are removed from workshop profiles, the stream of Unicorns learning spells dries up. I think about half of them have "maxed out".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:22:31 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: April 20, 2013, 07:14:54 pm »

Maybe since Talons aren't technically an enemy, (they are mercs)maybe a way to hire them. The basic buying units like slaves wouldn't really work, as those are from caravans and such. Maybe a diplomat type with a contract, give them so many units of worth in items and they will send ___ soldiers for ___ days. This might be a bit of trouble though, never done anything with a liason type like that before.

Edit : Since we don't have the ability to send expeditions, maybe pay the Talon Mercs so much to send ___ soldiers to attack another civilization, which if it succeeds (based on the number of soldiers,  and the civilizations strength) will slow down sieges by that particular faction, or branch of faction. The sieges may also be stopped if you succeed so many times or so well. They may retaliate though, maybe with a heightened siege chance after the Mercs attack them. Still would be hard to work out, but I may try.
In the mod, we can say, Talons are hired to murder everyone in your fort.

I believe this was discussed a bit ago, 'hiring' on Talons to become citizens of your Fortress.  Reactions to turn coins or something into controllable Griffons.  I think it was decided against because it would cause some weirdness in the populations... (You'd have to search for it yourself, cause I can't be arsed to.)

As for other/diplomatic stuff, currently impossible.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 20, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »

Okay, got a bug. My Protectapony was shooting at some bighorners wandering a bit too close to my ponies, and my ponies are picking up some of his laser bolts he fired. Instead of disappearing, the bolts are on the ground, and my ponies are taking them to stockpiles. I know that it works for bolts and such, but it doesn't seem right to farm bolts. I will look at the laser bolt RAWs and see if I can find a fix.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the laser bolt items go into a food stockpile. I will forbid them until I can find the error, if it can be fixed, of course. The laser bolt is located in the INORGANIC_MISC RAW.

EDIT 2: Because of the fact that is a projectile, the laser bolt needs to have a certain resistance to impact stress. I was thinking to make it where the Fracture value broke it almost 100% of the time, but then it may not have the same ability in combat. I will test it, though it most likely will break against armor, and therefore make energy weapons useless.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:09:23 pm by Zioko345 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:05 pm »

Okay, got a bug. My Protectapony was shooting at some bighorners wandering a bit too close to my ponies, and my ponies are picking up some of his laser bolts he fired. Instead of disappearing, the bolts are on the ground, and my ponies are taking them to stockpiles. I know that it works for bolts and such, but it doesn't seem right to farm bolts. I will look at the laser bolt RAWs and see if I can find a fix.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the laser bolt items go into a food stockpile. I will forbid them until I can find the error, if it can be fixed, of course.
Laser Bolts are a known bug that has been plaguing us for a long while.  They are supposed to evaporate if you have temperature on, or something like that.  If I remember correctly, exiting the game and reloading it should evaporate the stuff on load.
Of course, noone would mind if you find an alternative/better fix for it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 20, 2013, 10:22:29 pm »

EDIT: Oddly enough, the laser bolt items go into a food stockpile. I will forbid them until I can find the error, if it can be fixed, of course.
Laser Bolts are a known bug that has been plaguing us for a long while.  They are supposed to evaporate if you have temperature on, or something like that.  If I remember correctly, exiting the game and reloading it should evaporate the stuff on load.
Okay. Seems that occasionally, the laser bolt will land, it normally seems when it crosses Z-Levels, like bolts, and will not disappear. I have deduced that it would easily be fixed by them acting like non-broken bolts, just forbid them on landing, as to keep suicidals from grabbing a dropped laser bolt in the middle of a firefight between a 12 protectaponies and a Unity Alicorn. What tag is it in a bolt that does that? I will have to check, then test it on my fortress.

EDIT: Can't find any tag which happens to forbid things on drop, I know it happens to ammo like bolts and items off of corpses, and I soon must go for the night.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:31:56 pm by Zioko345 »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 20, 2013, 11:22:15 pm »

Okay. Seems that occasionally, the laser bolt will land, it normally seems when it crosses Z-Levels, like bolts, and will not disappear. I have deduced that it would easily be fixed by them acting like non-broken bolts, just forbid them on landing, as to keep suicidals from grabbing a dropped laser bolt in the middle of a firefight between a 12 protectaponies and a Unity Alicorn. What tag is it in a bolt that does that? I will have to check, then test it on my fortress.

EDIT: Can't find any tag which happens to forbid things on drop, I know it happens to ammo like bolts and items off of corpses, and I soon must go for the night.

Laser bolts are considered "fat."

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 21, 2013, 04:06:03 am »

Used bolts can be forbidden in the {o}rders menu and are forbidden by default.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 21, 2013, 08:25:07 am »

The initial Chronicles of Lightningdear
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:00:32 am by Treason »

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 21, 2013, 07:36:17 pm »

Time for another glitch. I am in a 5x5 embark zone, full of bloatsprites and carp, nothing out of the ordinary there.  I look at the Unit screen, I see just these animals, and a radigator or two. Then I get announcement spam about how "The Feral Unicorn Ghoul" or "The Feral Glowing Earth Pony Ghoul is no longer enraged." I am getting tons of these, but none are on map. No idea what would cause this.

EDIT: When I try to zoom to location, it will not, implying that the creature does not, in fact, exist.

EDIT 2: The Ghouls are listed as Deceased on the Unit tab, implying that they were in combat, though there were none at any time on the Creatures tab, and the combat Reports.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:38:35 pm by Zioko345 »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:28 pm »

There's probably a fight between a ghoul and something else in the cavern layer.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 21, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »

There's probably a fight between a ghoul and something else in the cavern layer.
Okay, never had a fight between non-visible creatures. Sorry, even playing for a long time I still miss things.
And it would have to be a friggin powerful enemy to kill all 20 of the ghouls.

EDIT: Now there is a Military Protectapony listed as dead, must have been in the caves fighting ghoul hordes. I applaud it for killing a butt ton of them, and making so that I did not.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:58:13 pm by Zioko345 »

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »

I've noticed the prismatic smelter lacks the "melt metal object" option. Was this intentional?

Since ponies have multiple graspers, would it be beneficial in any way to assign multiple shields/weapons?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:19:58 pm by Thirtyeight »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 21, 2013, 09:18:43 pm »

That's not moddable.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 21, 2013, 09:34:35 pm »

I've noticed the prismatic smelter lacks the "melt metal object" option. Was this intentional?

Since ponies have multiple graspers, would it be beneficial in any way to assign multiple shields/weapons?

Yes.  If you read back over some older posts or look at the military guide written by one of our esteemed players, you will find something called a "shield wall" being mentioned.  This is the ability of Unicorns, with their multiple graspers, to hold two or three shields in addition to a weapon (or, several weapons if defense isn't your thing).  While not much benefit is provided by the multiple weaponry, multiple shields do provide an extra chance to block.  So, with a legendary shield using unicorn equipped with several shields, they become nearly impossible to hit.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 210