Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478679 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2475 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »

Here is a picture of a Med-X Junkie getting high:
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 29, 2013, 02:38:09 pm »

>Here is a picture of a Med-X Junkie getting high:
The link doesn't work.

EDIT:
I looked over this mod for spells. Most use similar concepts to what we already have, set the map on fire or are just not in-tune with the Pony theme, but overall it's interesting. For one, it has a "leveling" system, so that people who learn a spell get better over time. A lot of these spells fire multiple projectiles (mud, fire or ice globs) at once or have multiple targets. For example a fully leveled up heal spell can target up to 6 people. Another thing of note is that the spells have long range, typically 15 tiles, unlike FoE. This probably means a lot of spam on caged enemies.

Blind -- (advanced?) illusion / destruction? [CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:90000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:0:END:500] 
Mud ball -- adds a material emission [CDI:MATERIAL:MUD:SOLID_GLOB] on 1-3 targets, 50-500 wait period (depending on caster level). More advanced versions of similar spells fire multiple projectiles at once (so this is doable after all?).
Befuddle -- "Confusion", adds 5000 Dizzyness for 500 TUs.
Berserk spell doesn't add "Opposed to life", but this instead: [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED:START:0:END:500]
Heal spell can possibly buff Recuperation above 5000. [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:1000:5000:START:0:END:100]
Root spell causes paralysis. CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:0:END:100]

Other things in there:

Oh wow, the rifle is way more powerful than FoE AMR. But then that's using lead, which is much softer than steel.

"Quicksilver" has a contact syndrome that kills undead. Interesting, but I don't see anything being a bane of ghouls in FoE. Well, maybe Starmetal weapons against Alicorns.

Hm, several kinds of drinks can be made from brewable plants, with different reactions for each. The best ones give temporary buffs. Interesting.

There are "mining expeditions" with lots of various tools and a pretty good chance to break them.

Would this possibly work for a shotgun battle saddle? (With bronze pellets and 4 of those interactions with ~200 wait period each).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:13:44 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 30, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »

Has there been a guide to memory extraction yet? It seems you have to release an prisoner near a pinkamena, who extracts their memory and transforms a chicken into a blank pony. What determines what kind of memory you get from ponies and gryphons?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: May 01, 2013, 03:41:00 am »

Look inside "raw/objects/reaction_intel_MOM.txt" There are 3 kinds of orbs: Slaver, Talon and Ranger. You analyse those at the Intel Facility and get all kinds of useful memories, like skillups and operations. Operations are further analysed at the intel facility and skillups are used at the memory simulator. It's like opening crates, really.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:38 am »

Embarked on a haunted swamp.  Saw my first Necromantic Sprite-bot.  It killed my last brahmin and nearly killed one of my few ponies until it ran into a cage trap at the entrance to my Stable.

Oh..invaders will have fun with this thing..oh yes...yes indeed.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: May 01, 2013, 10:30:47 am »

Saw my first Necromantic Sprite-bot.

:o I thought there were only necromantic ghouls

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 01, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »

Maklak: Thanks for helping answer questions in my absence as well as your work on the guide. I'm glad to see the chicken upgrade reactions are working for you now. :)

>> You need to designate the patient for healing with a Stable-Tec Terminal.
> Shouldn't they just target any wounded friendly creature?
They do, but the wounded syndrome wears off shortly, so the designation reaction is a manual way of applying it. That's why a Nurse Redheart was able to target one of your ponies without designation.

> In retrospect it may be best to not have stockpiles for lenses, hologems and scrolls.
I can't remove them from stockpiling without complications, but editing the stockpile settings will keep them in their workshops.

> A reasonable way to balance (slow down) healing potion and Med-X production.
That's accounted for in the upcoming chem system.

> I'm looking over dfhack readme and I found some things I didn't know:
I'm avoiding commands that have to be typed into the dfhack command window to work, and some of those have hotkeys listed in the dfhack guide.

> The masterwork mod implemented bards and by the description, they are very worthwhile.
Having the theater reactions turn ponies into performers for a duration of time is on the development list.

> I looked over this mod for spells.
They do look interesting, but the spell system expansion itself is reserved for the Ministry of Arcane Sciences arc.

> Would this possibly work for a shotgun battle saddle?
I'll have to test it.

Zioko345: No rush in working on those poison darts - as mentioned I'll likely mod them in myself.

Gzoker: I'm aware of generating power from workshops using dfhack, but haven't implemented it yet.

the1337doofus: The longer soundtrack consumes more RAM and so may not work on slower computers.

tahujdt: I can't see the image either.

Thirtyeight: There isn't a linked guide to memory extraction, but I went over the process here with a few notes here. I've yet to receive feedback on its effectiveness, though.

It'll be another two weeks before I can start on the next update in earnest, but I do appreciate the brainstorming that everyone is doing. :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:05:23 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 01, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »

Hello

Is it possible to post a weapons list/guide? I am familiar with MLP, but not FOE so I have some problems identifying what the different weapons are and what they do. Like, is a chainsaw an upgrade for a hacksaw and if the hacksaw is masterwork, is it still an upgrade? What is a Spitfire's Thunder?

I think this information should go on the front page so its easier for new players to grasp the new weapons. Also an acronym guide would be nice as all the 3 letter acronyms get hard to track.

Anyways I want to say I love this mod. Its hard to go back to plain old vanilla DF once I tried this mod, so you have my best wishes in your continued work to make the mod bigger and better  :)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

Hello

Is it possible to post a weapons list/guide? I am familiar with MLP, but not FOE so I have some problems identifying what the different weapons are and what they do. Like, is a chainsaw an upgrade for a hacksaw and if the hacksaw is masterwork, is it still an upgrade? What is a Spitfire's Thunder?

I think this information should go on the front page so its easier for new players to grasp the new weapons. Also an acronym guide would be nice as all the 3 letter acronyms get hard to track.

Anyways I want to say I love this mod. Its hard to go back to plain old vanilla DF once I tried this mod, so you have my best wishes in your continued work to make the mod bigger and better  :)

Hacksaw-chainsaw is always better. Chainsaw is intended as a weapon. Also, you can find depleted chainsaws in salvage that can be recharged.
Spitfire's Thunder is a gun from the story, it is basically an AMR (anti-machine rifle) on steroids. It uses the 'bow' skill.

Acronyms:
MAS=Ministry of Arcane Sciences, headed by Twilight Sparkle.
MAw=Ministry of Awesome, headed by Rainbow Dash.
MOP= Ministry of Peace, headed by Fluttershy.
MOM=Ministry of Morale, headed by Pinkie Pie.
MWT=Ministry of Wartime Technology, headed by Applejack.
MOI=Ministry of Image, headed by Rarity
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:22 pm »

Trying to mod in shotguns, using 0.30c version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No errors in errorlog.txt. Good. World generated. It only seems to have a bunch of wastelander civilisations, but it's just for testing anyway. Hopefully the ponies will be able to use shotguns against wildlife, but while I have seen them use SATS, in Callgrow I haven't seen Friendly Fire ever use the  minigun battle saddle, so test results may be skewed.

Embarking... EPM carpenter, EPF slave(!), EPM animal caretaker, EPF fisher x2, EPM miner, EPM farmer. Meh.

Shotgun battle saddles manufactured in late spring. So far so good, now for the soldiers to equip them.
They claimed the battle saddles, but refused to equip them until I told them to drop their security barding. Layer, coverage and permit in the RAWs look OK, but I've run into DF equipment problems before. They wouldn't wear their bardings now that they have battle saddles... ah, they have cloaks and I used "over clothing". All good so far.

Now go kill some groundhogs... test failed, shotgun wasn't used.
Test 2 is chasing Bloodwings... It worked! We have shotguns and shotgun turrets and possibly even SMGs and improved miniguns now! Masturbatory!

Only 2 things failed: I can see 2 leftover pellets on the map and their damage sucks too much. Nothing can be done about the first, but the damage can be increased by changing [SOLID_DENSITY:500] to something sensible. Small bullets from turrets have [SOLID_DENSITY:2500] and they barely hurt anything, so maybe use that instead, or something in-between. Even with [SOLID_DENSITY:2500] my buckshot / pellets will be weaker, because their other properties are copied from bronze, not steel.

I used 4 shotguns because some guard in Murky 7 had a battle saddle like that. The rest of testing, balancing and figuring out how much resources the shotgun battle saddles should use is up to Lycaeon and the rest of the people in this thread. I did my part :) Oh and don't forget to credit this guy: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111008.msg3348661#msg3348661 

> Necromatic sprite-bots.
They are from Canterlot and have broadcasters that make ponies very sick very fast.

> Healing spell and "designate patient". 
Well, an alternative would be to target all friendlies with healing spells that boost their recuperation, doing this often, indiscriminately and without any ill effects, like in Regen mod. Tough choice.

> > In retrospect it may be best to not have stockpiles for lenses, hologems and scrolls.
> I can't remove them from stockpiling without complications, but editing the stockpile settings will keep them in their workshops.
I know and I'm not asking you to. It's just a hint I "discovered" the hard way and included in my guide with spells and reverse-engineering.

> Is it possible to post a weapons list/guide? I am familiar with MLP, but not FOE so I have some problems identifying what the different weapons are and what they do. Like, is a chainsaw an upgrade for a hacksaw and if the hacksaw is masterwork, is it still an upgrade? What is a Spitfire's Thunder?
Hm, I thought I included weapon progression in my military guide (linked from the first post). Like tahujdt said, T2 weapons are always better than T1, unless thy are made of worse material. A steel (plasteel, starmetal, whatever) hacksaw will be better against armour than a bronze chainsaw.
Just look over all the guides listed in the first post. There's enough guides to write a book.
Plus you can always check "raw/objects" when in doubt. Just grep what you need, especially these two commands are useful:
List files containing pattern: $ grep -l "Thunder" *
Show files and context:       $ grep  -C 10  "SADDLE" *

EDIT: Another good result. ShowUnitSyndromes.rb now works for me:
[DFHack]# ShowUnitSyndromes
Dwarves
wheat seedplot
 - Shotgun battle saddle [196 of 300]
 -  - Add interaction [0-300] ability=Reload shotguns, delay=600, actionType=TODO, range=TODO, maxTargets=TODO
 - Shotgun battle saddle [46 of 300]
 -  - Add interaction [0-300] ability=Reload shotguns, delay=600, actionType=TODO, range=TODO, maxTargets=TODO
blaze blotbud
 - Shotgun battle saddle [196 of 300]
 - Shotgun battle saddle [46 of 300]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:53:38 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:54 pm »

Can advanced robots not be repaired? My Pinkamena got its thruster broken. I've placed it next to the maintenance bay and run "repair robot" three times. Items are being consumed, but the robot is not getting repaired.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 02, 2013, 05:39:14 am »

> The masterwork mod implemented bards and by the description, they are very worthwhile.
Having the theater reactions turn ponies into performers for a duration of time is on the development list.

So... that isn't in the current version... Damn it, that Theater in the middle of my legendary dining hall in Apple is useless :(

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:15 am »

Some more test of shotguns.
I changed the pellets to [SOLID_DENSITY:2500]. The basic turrets are seriously underpowered anyway and shotguns should be very dangerous against unarmoured opponents.

The pellets do scatter over distance, so shotguns will only hit close enemies or large groups of enemies. Working as intended.

What the hay? "The Sawpony fires Shotgun x8" "The Sawpony fires Shotgun x16"? Is this reporting this for every projectile? Yep, this is x8 every time. When nothing else interesting happens in a few frames, that becomes x16 as another shotgun just repeats the last message. 

Some dust appeared out of nowhere and pellets can lay on the ground or hang in the air on top of a tree for a while. Reloading the game doesn't help. 

Even with increased density, the buckshot is still weak. At close range the pellets all travel in one square. The enemy will often dodge the first one and move out of the way of the other seven.

Another test. All 8 pellets hit a bighorner, bruising various body parts yellow. With another salvo, the bighorner jumps out of the way entirely. Third shot: 4 hit, bruising various muscles. Another shot: 7 pellets hit, again bruising some body parts. This is nowhere near the power level a shotgun should have, but then 2 bighorners got bruised all over in a short amount of time and it takes multiple hits with weapons to kill anything anyway, so shotguns can still soften something up or help overwhelm a Unicorn shield wall. This also shows how seriously the basic turrets need un-nerfing, as they can't even handle a bloatsprite or something equally weak.

Sometimes the soldiers use shotguns, sometimes they don't. One soldier died to a bighorner, so I'm definitely not saving the game now. The second soldier was just engaging them in melee without a single shot, despite having a shotgun battle saddle and using it on a Bloodwing some time ago. It may be that they prefer to just walk up to something and hit it to using an interaction.

Debugging this would be easer with the #ShowUnitSyndromes , but v6 works once, then spits a bunch of errors when I run it again. There isn't even anything in line 43 that could cause an error.

[DFHack]# ShowUnitSyndromes
E: Errno::ENOSPC: ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43:in `write': No space left on device
 ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43
 ./hack/scripts/ShowUnitSyndromes.rb:43
 (eval):2:in `load'
 (eval):2
 (eval):2:in `catch'
 (eval):2

I'm still left with a whole bunch of pellets lying on the ground.

All in all, the proof of concept works and shotguns are too !fun! to ignore. They do need more testing, though. It would be especially nice to have ammo that always evaporates when it's no longer needed.

> Can advanced robots not be repaired? My Pinkamena got its thruster broken. I've placed it next to the maintenance bay and run "repair robot" three times. Items are being consumed, but the robot is not getting repaired.
They should be affected. Just check "interaction_robot.txt", the interaction to repair robots has [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:ROBOT], which all robots have. You might have run into the same unidentified problem with upgrades not working, I had... which could have something in common with my shotguns: a pony not using an interaction when she can.

> Damn it, that Theater in the middle of my legendary dining hall in Apple is useless.
No, it's not. Look at "interaction_preformance.txt". Just make notes for a speech at the scriptorium, then find a pony with leadership which Replica should include in his caste guide and have her perform masterwork speeches once in a while. This gives ponies 10% boost to some attributes. A good alternative is masterwork comedy by a pony with the cutie mark, which Replica should also include in his caste guide. Unfortunately those increase attributes and not speed and skill rolls which in my opinion they should. Use the workshop profile to just allow either all leaders or all comedians. Musicians aren't worth it, because while their buffs are better, they need artefact instruments that are as rare as the ministry statuettes.

EDIT:
> I still think a guide to using Pinkamena's is a good idea. Whats a good way of getting your robot to prisoners without your robot getting injured? How can someone process a large number of prisoners efficiently?
Maybe someone else is up to it, but I'm not, at least at the moment. I don't even have anything other then raiders in Callgrow, so I can't test interrogation. Sure, I could examine the RAWs and write what I think is true, but that's not the same as efficiency. These are the things that could help you:

You do not bring Pinkamenas to prisoners, but prisoners to Pinkamenas. This is the way the are intended to be used:

wwwwwwwww
wwwwwwP++
wR++++P++
wwwwwwP++
wwwwwwwww

w is wall, + is floor, P is 1 tile pasture with Pinkamena, R is a built cage with prisoner. There can be more of them, the important thing is to release one at a time and that their escape route is 1-wide corridor with 3 Pinkamenas at the end. One of them is bound to interrogate the prisoner and there shouldn't be so much trouble with interrogation cooldown.

Another idea: Move prisoners to a built cage, so that they need to pass Pinkamena on their way. See what happens.

Another idea: Have an animal stockpile for wastelander, griffin and steel ranger prisoners and make enough holes in it for 1-tile pastures of Pinkamenas to cover the whole area. Then just keep them for a while, then move them elsewhere and see what will happen.

I'm pretty sure the Pinkamena has a 1 week cooldown and Iceblaster's idea will kill it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:18:22 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 02, 2013, 01:41:29 pm »

I still think a guide to using Pinkamena's is a good idea. Whats a good way of getting your robot to prisoners without your robot getting injured? How can someone process a large number of prisoners efficiently? How long does the interrogation process last? What does it mean when a prisoner is listed as "restrained"?

Lastly, how do I make concrete?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:46:37 pm by Thirtyeight »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 02, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »

I still think a guide to using Pinkamena's is a good idea. Whats a good way of getting your robot to prisoners without your robot getting injured? How can someone process a large number of prisoners efficiently?

Step 1 or 2: Get a bunch of prisoners
Step 1 or 2: Get Pinkamena
Step 3: Link cage to lever, suggest using notes to keep track of which cage is linked to which lever.
Step 4: Pasture pinkamena next to cage
Step 5: Pull the lever!
Step 6: Let Pinkamena wipe there memory have a party ;)
Step 7 or 8: Put blank pony to work.
Step 7 or 8: Collect Memory orb
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 210