Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 477473 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2895 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:17 pm »

> > That looks like many new workshops. Maybe too many.
> 3 new workshops is too many?
3 new workshops from an update. You plan to do a lot of updates, presumably adding workshops along the way. Their number is already high.

> For example, the Stasis Bay gives a syndrome that gives an interaction that turns one's self into a stasis pod.
Well, you could remove the middle step and see what happens. Maybe it has something to do with baystanders not getting hit by the syndrome. I don't know.

> > Maybe something that gives NATURAL_SKILL, but you can only choose one of a few?
> What kind of thing would give one NATURAL_SKILL in something apart from swimming?
Cyberpunk-style skill chips. Kind of like learning hologems, but they give bonuses once and you can only have one per pony.

Is this the newest version? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg5739471#msg5739471

Huh, I genned a world, but the RAWs in my save are corrupted. Copying the ones from data/objects fixed it. Huh, my civilisation is dead or dying. Not good. Huh, no dfhack console? And it seems, I have to download the pony therapist separately. 

I managed to gen a world, but Dwarf Therapist can't connect to the game. It crashed, but I have a starting save with everything you'll need, except ponies don't have all skills assigned. I lucked out on CMs somewhat and got 2 x Axe, Sword and Assault Rifle (crossbow). Not so good on civilians, though.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:35:07 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: October 23, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »

I was going to make a "school" with training terminals and a research center with scriptoriums and such, except that the lag from 150+ ponies really slowed it down to the point where it was a pain to play (15-18 FPS). Created a new world and lucked out with getting medium-quality surface salvage yet peaceful wildlife, then accidentally flooded my new Stable while trying to build a well. Apparently water pressure is a thing in this game and the way I had set it up pushed the water through my nice well-holes in the floor and all over the place.

To reduce lag I tried to use the ASCII version and have even switched to using the Mac version of dfhack so that Wine wouldn't get in the way, if using it affects performance at all. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have done anything besides make the graphics suck, and messing around with the init file and increasing CPU priority didn't seem to do anything either. I know this is in the wrong area of the forums for complaints about lag, so I'll ask another question instead - what's the smallest population cap I can have without missing any population triggers for invasions or other things? I saw somewhere that the Unity can start attacking at 110, is that as low as is required to have all the features?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: October 24, 2014, 01:22:08 am »

Heh, I get FPS death around 80-100 ponies and 5-8 years. I was never invaded by Unity, though. Graphics doesn't have much to do with lag. The number of items does.

You can depressurize water, by linking to it diagonally. And I'm surprised, you didn't install an input valve. I always do, even thoug it slows down the construction of water reservior considerably.

Did you download dfhack separately?
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: October 24, 2014, 04:14:09 am »

> You plan to do a lot of updates, presumably adding workshops along the way.
Those 3 workshops are going to be the only I am going to add for a long time. Drug use on prisoners will be using the Pny Resource Centre, Expedition/Talon Mecenaries are going to be at the Expedition Starting Point and Energy Weapons at the MAW Prismatic Forge.
MAS is probably going to have new buildings (megaspell chambers), though.

> Well, you could remove the middle step and see what happens. Maybe it has something to do with baystanders not getting hit by the syndrome. I don't know.
I'll try it.

> Is this the newest version?
They all link to the same two pages (ASCII/Phoebus) which I keep updating.

> Huh, my civilisation is dead or dying.
I get that a lot in the new version if I do a long world-gen. Still using the old mod's world-gen settings for advanced, though. Might need retweaking.
> Huh, no dfhack console?
Still in the middle of implementing it.
> And it seems, I have to download the pony therapist separately. 
Sorry, not sure if everyone uses it and to save space/speed upload download.

> I managed to gen a world, but Dwarf Therapist can't connect to the game.
Sorry, didn't test Dwarf Therapist compatibility.
> It crashed,
The game, or Dwarf Therapist? Where did it crash?

> I saw somewhere that the Unity can start attacking at 110, is that as low as is required to have all the features?
To allow your ponies to get slaughtered by everything possible, yes. Personally I cap my population at 30. I suck at managing large populations.

> Did you download dfhack separately?
He is using Lycaeon's .34 release.

And dangit, now DFHack crashes.
Quick question, why is autoSyndrome preferable to boiling rocks?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:24:09 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: October 24, 2014, 09:46:05 am »

My guess is because it uses less materials (less materials to keep track of in turn means better FPS.) unless I misinterpreted something somewhere.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: October 25, 2014, 01:53:24 am »

Dang, reaction-trigger either keeps throwing back errors or crashing DFHack.
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: October 26, 2014, 04:18:47 am »

Okay, couple of quick questions, because of, ugh, humanities.

1. Does anyone get crashes during Adventure Mode? I received a bug report on the DFFD Phoebus page saying that.

2. How does Unity reproduce? No, not in-fluff, I do not want to know that, but during world-gen, they manage to overrun the world (The Age of Unity, which kinda sounds cool). Is it because they are so OP that even with non-replenishing numbers they can kill everyone else?

3. Would you prefer me to continue developing content for .34 rather than trying to work on a buggy .40?
I do stuff, I guess

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: October 26, 2014, 04:47:52 am »

I do believe that the future of this mod relies on it eventually getting a .40 version released. However due to the status of DF .40 at the moment with new patches and new content being released every few weeks I do realize that all the tools needed to make a full transition to .40 may not yet be available.  So in the short term new content for .34 can work.

As for adventure mode I don't play that. My personal opinion is that this mod is probably best played in dwarf(Pony?) mode and not adventure.

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »

Adding additional .34 features will simply increase the total load that needs to be ported and rebalanced. 
Certain features don't work yet, but the mod is playable and has more potential than the .34 version.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: October 27, 2014, 03:48:35 am »

I read the last reliable DFHack release is for 40.08, so I am gonna to stick to that for the mean time. Anyway, 40.14 said something about growths being related to plant gathering, so it looks like plants will have to be reworked.

> Certain features don't work yet, but the mod is playable and has more potential than the .34 version.
Wait, it does not crash for you?

EDIT: On second thoughts I like the look of all the bug fixes since .40.08, but I suspect DFHack crashing has something to do with the version.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:55:13 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: October 27, 2014, 06:27:20 am »

On all 3 PCs I've tested it on, crashes only happen on extreme occasion, and I can't reliably reproduce them.
When are you getting the crashes?
I'm playing this version: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9891
with DFhack. 
I increased the starting populations in the RAWS so stable ponies don't die out and ended world get at year 80.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:31:30 am by totallyLegit »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: October 27, 2014, 08:09:55 am »

>  crashes only happen on extreme occasion, and I can't reliably reproduce them.
Yay.

> When are you getting the crashes?
Retiring/abandoning a fortress and adventure mode. I also have received a bug report saying it crashes during adventure mode character generation.

> with DFhack
Which version?
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:00 am »

I'm using the most recent DFhack:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9744
I've had no issue retiring/abandoning.
I occasionally get a crash when I save a fort, but the save always goes through.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: October 27, 2014, 08:26:51 am »

> I've had no issue retiring/abandoning.
How? Mysteries of this world... (joke)

> I'm using the most recent DFhack:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9744
Please note that even so some features will not work. The system has been changed.

Anyway, by the end of the week, I should be back to implementing DFHack.
I do stuff, I guess

totallyLegit

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: October 27, 2014, 07:04:19 pm »

Would a 40.14 update be quick and painless?
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 210