Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 476555 times)

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3000 on: November 22, 2014, 12:20:21 am »

> Cybernetic ideas
Those sound good. I'll wait for feedback on existing cybernetics first before I continue.

> Gem reactions
Sorry, I have already completed most of them, though the reaction to produce prismatic hologems looks good.

Another question, because I've been slacking and playing Stable Dwellers in adventure mode instead of modding. Do you think Stable Citizens should be playable in adventure mode?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 22, 2014, 02:41:06 am »

> Do you think Stable Citizens should be playable in adventure mode?
I think Wastelanders are for adventure mode. That said, I don't play adventure mode (last time I tried, the FPS died after 2 hours), so I don't much care either way.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: November 22, 2014, 08:14:05 am »

> That makes it hard to find the info I am looking for.
If I remember correctly, Lycaeon linked all the useful stuff at the front page.
True, but a lot has changed since then and has been added. Things like drugs/new plants and the weapon list I find handy.

Anyway, quick status update thingy, right now, Stable ponies have civilian SATS, which give 10% less bonuses than normal SATS, and EFS, which is basically just for adventure mode. Still to come is the capability of radio propagation. Do you have any other ideas on what can go into a PipBuck?
Say, would it be possible to make a radio station workshop? When a pony is using it it gives bonuses to every pony in the Stable? You could have different radio programs that give different bonuses. So as an example you could have radio programs that boost works speed, increase happiness, reduce the chance of tantrums. Maybe this can be linked to the ponies social skills so a good persuader can get the ponies to work faster and a good consoler can significantly reduce the chance of tantrums.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 22, 2014, 11:02:30 am »

> I think Wastelanders are for adventure mode.
I'm asking this because I've added default SATS and EFS. I'll say it now, EFS is awesome.

> Say, would it be possible to make a radio station workshop?
I'm intending the radio propagation for the performance system. That said, what you suggested sounds pretty good, though I'll probably have to dive nose-first into DFHack to do the thought stuff.

Anyways, sorry for keeping everyone waiting for item-trigger.
I do stuff, I guess

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:43 pm »

E.T.A on  stable .40 release?
Spess mehreens Spess mehreens we make our Enemies die

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »

Currently there is a stable .40 release with the Peace and Love arc completed, but if you are talking about item-trigger, should be by the end of November/first week of December. I hope. For more accurate stuff, add 1-2 weeks to the above values.
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 24, 2014, 05:05:35 am »

v 0.45 ASCII and Phoebus!
This adds default PipBucks for all Stable Ponies, Rifle turrets and radio propagation of performances.

And here is my thoughts on what goes into the Everfree arc.

The first thing in the Everfree arc is to do the Everfree forest, which involves fleshing out the "Good" biomes. The idea is that these biomes were not irradiated during the megaspell fallout, allowing all sort of things to grow in it, along with whatever flora and fauna were there in the first place. Thus, all the trees that are going to be found in that good biomes are "normal' trees, with salvage being extremely rare, in addition to the grass actually being green. On the other hand, ghouls (hopefully) would not make an appearence and there will be no radiation. As for plants and animals, I have already added grapes, and plan to add harvestable apple trees in addition to timberwolves (which will have an interaction to transform into a much larger timberwolf when in proximity to the corpses of its fellow comrades) and killing joke. Killing joke, regrettably, will be an animal. At this point, there are two options. One is to give it a lot of different melee attacks and tie different interactions that will simulate killing joke effects to them. The other is to give it specifically tailored effects for every single caste in creature_pony.txt.
If you have any other ideas for animals and plants, please do not hesitate to post them here.
After the Everfree forest, there is irradiated changelings, which will be found in cavern layer two, underneath the cities. Since they are insectoid, they will follow a caste system similiar to ant men, with drones and a queen. The drones will have the ability to hide themselves like hellhounds/blue Unity Alicorns and an interaction chain that gradually decreases the social stats and speed of a single target. The rare queen would have the ability to do many of those chains at once in addition to being able to shoot a webbing attack.
As for the recruitable Talon mercenaries, I think that this can be implemented by having an item "Talon contract" that is sold by the slave traders. From there, you can either use a chicken reaction to summon a Talon mercenary that will fight for you Stable or use the contracts in expeditions to increase chances of survival/amount of loot. After the expedition is over, you only have a percent chance of retrieving the contract, representing random things like the Talon dying or leaving.
To be honest with you, I have no idea what places the expedition system went wrong in since I've never played that. Can anyone contribute what went wrong with expeditions please?
If you have any comments/suggestions, please do not hesitate to post.

EDIT: I've also been toying around with the idea of a perk system that rewards you for killing things in adventure mode. Since now you are able to butcher intelligent creatures, there could be some reactions that require the hearts of a certain number of creatures, for example the hearts of 3 raiders or the heart of one dragon, and produce a syndrome bearing cloud. The syndrome can then give you a choice of interactions offering different advantages that you can target yourself with, but you can only target yourself with one of them, due to SYN_CLASSES and stuff. There will be different perks stemming from different creatures, for example radscorpion could give higher disease resistance or something. Then again, I may have grossly misinterpreted the meaning of a perk. Any comments?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:36:47 am by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 24, 2014, 03:00:59 pm »

> if you are talking about item-trigger, should be by the end of November/first week of December. I hope.
Maybe I'll play it during Christmas, then.

> good biomes are "normal' trees, with salvage being extremely rare,
Makes sense, but we rely on salvage so much, that I don't know if it'll work out.

> The other is to give it specifically tailored effects for every single caste in creature_pony.txt.
That would be great, but a lot of work. 20 or so random syndromes should do it, I think.

> If you have any other ideas for animals and plants, please do not hesitate to post them here.
Plants with a nasty syndrome when digested or carried would sound like everfree, but it's just too sinister to be playable.

> irradiated changelings
There are at least 3 castes: Queen, Drone and Soldier/Officer: http://mlpfanart.wikia.com/wiki/Changeling (see armoured changelling section)

> an interaction chain that gradually decreases the social stats and speed of a single target.
It would be simpler and work just as well to give them a "drain" interaction that's about on-par with basic spells cast by Unicorns with no talent in magic. Officers / Soldiers could have a stronger version and Queens a single-target "I win button".

> you can either use a chicken reaction to summon a Talon mercenary
This is funny because Griffins hate to be called "giant chickens". (That was a joke.)

> To be honest with you, I have no idea what places the expedition system went wrong in since I've never played that.
My experience was that a pony died and all those chest from the expedition were burried with him.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg4130109;topicseen#msg4130109

> or example the hearts of 3 raiders or the heart of one dragon
Sounds gross. Well, maybe Griffins or raiders would go for it.
I don't have an idea for a better perk system.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 24, 2014, 09:58:29 pm »

> Makes sense, but we rely on salvage so much, that I don't know if it'll work out.
Maybe we could add something else that balances out salvage, like herbs and such? Or would that be more suited for the zebras?

> There are at least 3 castes: Queen, Drone and Soldier/Officer
But how to differentiate drones and soldiers, apart from giving soldiers higher physical stats and better interactions?

> It would be simpler and work just as well to give them a "drain" interaction that's about on-par with basic spells cast by Unicorns with no talent in magic.
Ordinary drones would take a longer time to drain emotions than a soldier or queen would. Having a progressive drain rather an instant one would also give the target a fighting chance. Also, according to a post a lot earlier in this thread, Changelings are supposed to be starved of emotions and will drain an appropriate target dry when given the chance. Thus, I think the end result should be the same, just the time taken in reaching there.

> My experience was that a pony died and all those chest from the expedition were buried with him.
I think that was because the chests were spawned from the body of that pony and hence were considered a part of him. Do you think that instead of a pony, the expedition leader will be some pack animal, like a brahmin? That way, not only will the spawned parts (hopefully) not be buried, since no one buries strays, it can also be pastured in some common area to increase the chances of recruiting the correct personnel for the mission.

> Sounds gross.
The idea is to just have a commonly obtainable part of the body that can be used in reactions.

Also, I have just found out that due to Lycaeon using fancy DFHack stuff for whatever reason and changes of protocol, interrogation will not produce blank ponies. The problem has been fixed for the next version though.
And while I am waiting for a reply from expwnent regarding item-trigger, I will be doing adventure mode reactions for the fun of it. Do you have any suggestions on obtaining salvage?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:49:25 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 25, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »

> > Makes sense, but we rely on salvage so much, that I don't know if it'll work out.
> Maybe we could add something else that balances out salvage, like herbs and such? Or would that be more suited for the zebras?
Herbs won't cut it. Salvage is the main source of metal for the militia. And the junk from crates definietely helps. Crates can be found in medium and high quality salvage in the caverns, but metal is needed very early on.

> > There are at least 3 castes: Queen, Drone and Soldier/Officer
> But how to differentiate drones and soldiers, apart from giving soldiers higher physical stats and better interactions?
Soldier: +50% SIZE, better attributes and natural skills, skin has tougher carapace, not sterile, better magic. I think that's about it. Also, different picture if you're doing that. http://tbaransk.deviantart.com/art/Changeling-3-410266334

Changelings draining ponies to near-death is about as scary as glowing ones weakening with bursts of radiation, then bludgeoning them to death. I don't think I can train and equip enough military to survive the caverns.

> Do you think that instead of a pony, the expedition leader will be some pack animal, like a brahmin?
That's an idea worth trying, maybe (although I detest GRAZERs). But apart form it, I think there were other annomalies with who got picked for the expedition, if they were healed, if the interaction chain broke and so on. If you can get expeditions to work, great, but I remember not being a fan of them.

> I will be doing adventure mode reactions for the fun of it. Do you have any suggestions on obtaining salvage?
I suggest a look at what Deon does for adventure mode: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140950.0
Also, his Fallout mod. Previous version had some adventure mode reactions, but I can't quite figure it out: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143002.0
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 25, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »

> Salvage is the main source of metal for the militia.
Some mods have metal-grade wood to help elves out a bit. Hoe thematic do you think a smeltable wood will be?

> Soldier: +50% SIZE, better attributes and natural skills, skin has tougher carapace, not sterile, better magic.
Nice ideas. Noted.

> Changelings draining ponies to near-death is about as scary as glowing ones weakening with bursts of radiation, then bludgeoning them to death. I don't think I can train and equip enough military to survive the caverns.
Use the standard glowing ghoul strategy. Either use turrets and robots, or send a one-pony squad in first to tie up their interactions then send the main militia to mop up. Alternatively, just seal the cavern layer 2 off, the only resource there is wood and/or water. Besides, changelings won't be terribly common either.

> I suggest a look at what Deon does for adventure mode: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140950.0
I remember that the previous Wanderer's Friend (reluctantly) gave you the ability to magic wood from nowhere as long as you had a hatchet.
> Also, his Fallout mod. Previous version had some adventure mode reactions, but I can't quite figure it out: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143002.0
I have no idea how the raws in his previous version worked, but I could not find a trace of adventure mode reactions. His current version has adventure mode reactions, but they do not make a mention of wood anywhere.

Also, most of the adventure mode reactions will require a toolbox, which can be made from scrap parts which can be made from disassembling weapons. Any comments?

And for the fun of it...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:57:33 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:59 pm »

Update: Peace and Love
Part 2 of the Ministry of Peace
Throughout the ages, people have said that war never changes. But, what about peace? Like war, peace has never changed. As much as creatures have fought among themselves, there have always been times of peace, of harmony. Even the Ministry Mares were the Bearers of Harmony once. As the war raged on, there were still attempts at diplomacy, at negotiation, for you cannot have peace without war, as much as you cannot have war without peace. The Great War pushed the boundaries of Peace as much as it pushed the boundaries of War, bringing forth great new technologies at the forefront of medical research. Yet, it was still not enough...

Changelog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As always, I greatly appreciate feedback on any issues encountered as well as suggestions for improvements. I hope everyone enjoys the new update!

Credits for the image go to Catsby
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:20:42 pm by Snail555 »
I do stuff, I guess

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:40 am »

No download link. I will skin you

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 26, 2014, 01:22:11 am »

Right, sorry. ASCII and Phoebus
Same things as my last update, just did a fancy post so I have something to link to once we start a new thread.
I do stuff, I guess

Jimexmore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: November 26, 2014, 01:38:44 am »

>New thread
Yeah mods delete this!!!
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 210