Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 478566 times)

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3045 on: December 26, 2014, 06:38:06 am »

Some of the graphics on certain things in the latest version seem to be wrong, like crates and terminals.

also i seem to be getting huge mountains of tallow from just one animal, is this intentional?

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 26, 2014, 08:37:07 am »

Some of the graphics on certain things in the latest version seem to be wrong, like crates and terminals.
Oops, didn't check all the graphics for the graphical version since most of the graphics is a direct port. Can you tell me what went wrong with the graphics please?
also i seem to be getting huge mountains of tallow from just one animal, is this intentional?
I do not know, Lycaeon's version also gives huge amounts of tallow which I assume has something to do with fat layers. I'll look into it.
I do stuff, I guess

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 26, 2014, 08:56:51 am »

Probably equal parts layers and animal size (what with many of the animals around being the size of a small care half the time...)

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 26, 2014, 09:01:05 am »

Oops, didn't check all the graphics for the graphical version since most of the graphics is a direct port. Can you tell me what went wrong with the graphics please?
I do not know, Lycaeon's version also gives huge amounts of tallow which I assume has something to do with fat layers. I'll look into it.

Well Things like crates and terminals seem to be picking out the wrong graphic, for instance terminals appear to be using a human sprite (i think) and crates are some kinda tree looking thing.

Upon looking again the center part of the salvage yard appears to be using a tree sprite as well as opposed to what i assume was a crane sprite
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:03:31 am by HeartfireFlamewings »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: December 26, 2014, 09:08:32 am »

Well Things like crates and terminals seem to be picking out the wrong graphic, for instance terminals appear to be using a human sprite (i think) and crates are some kinda tree looking thing.

Upon looking again the center part of the salvage yard appears to be using a tree sprite as well as opposed to what i assume was a crane sprite
Great, I think I know what the problem is. I'll probably have it fixed by the next version. Any other comments/suggestions/feedback?
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 26, 2014, 09:51:43 am »

Im not sure if this has been mentioned before, but stable themed decoration (other than terminals of course) might be something to consider, like doors, floors, walls, columns

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 26, 2014, 11:34:16 am »

What do you mean by that? Do you mean changing the sprites to have a more Fallout-ty feel?
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 26, 2014, 11:54:48 am »

What do you mean by that? Do you mean changing the sprites to have a more Fallout-ty feel?

Pretty much yes

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 26, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »

Pretty much yes
I'll see what I can do/borrow, seeing that I'm not a very good sprite artist. If anyone wishes to help, it would be very much appreciated.

Other than that, have you played the Expedition System? If so, do you have any complaints/gripes/improvements for it?
I do stuff, I guess

HeartfireFlamewings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 26, 2014, 01:37:16 pm »

Not yet no (i've never really used it at all anyway), i've only recently started a new stable on the latest version, i'll get around to it when i can and see if i get any ideas on how it could be improved
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:52:09 pm by HeartfireFlamewings »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: December 26, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »

Not yet no (i've never really used it at all anyway), i've only recently started a new stable on the latest version, i'll get around to it when i can and see if i get any ideas on how it could be improved
Thanks, also would you all prefer me to discuss stuff here first, or just do it and have comment on what needs to be improved?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 27, 2014, 04:47:34 am »

> Thanks, also would you all prefer me to discuss stuff here first, or just do it and have comment on what needs to be improved?
Discuss. When some of us disagree, you still have the option of doing it anyway, but at least you get some early feedback.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: December 27, 2014, 10:12:24 am »

Right, so the next half of the Everfree arc:

Recruitable Talon mercenaries would be fairly simple, stemming from a "Talon contract" item obtainable only by purchase from slave traders. This item can then be processed at the Expedition Staging point into either a unit using a chicken reaction or as something to skew the odds in your favour during an expedition. During the latter option, there is only a percent chance to get the contract back.

As for revamping the expedition system, some complaints I have gathered from reading past posts is that going on an expedition completely heals members, it is difficult to get the chosen squad to be the targets and the resulting salvage may sometimes get buried with civ members. One way to reduce the impact of the first and last problems is to make the expedition leader role stem from a pack animal like a bighorner or brahmin. First of all, big herd animals are unlikely to be anyone's pet and hence have a very low chance of getting buried along with any things they may spawn. Secondly, I doubt anyone cares much about some pack animal getting completely healed. As for the targeting, I personally think blocked tiles affect line of sight interactions, so the expedition staging point will be revised to have as little to none unblocked tiles as possible.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?
I do stuff, I guess

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 27, 2014, 01:04:56 pm »

> Talon Mercenaries.
Sure, I can use powerful pets. There should be several tiers, with varying levels of protection and firepower. The last being on-par with minigun Steel Rangers.

> Brahmin Expedition.
That sounds like a pretty good idea, actually. Well, except I hate anything that grazes and would prefer to use a dog or a chicken, but a Brahmin makes more sense in-fluff.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: December 28, 2014, 09:21:58 am »

> Talon Mercenaries.
Sure, I can use powerful pets. There should be several tiers, with varying levels of protection and firepower. The last being on-par with minigun Steel Rangers.
The only way I see to do this is to have the reaction "outfit" them as well. First tier, which does not require any resources apart from the contract, gives a standard Talon unit, perhaps with a ranged small caliber interaction since they won't equip stuff. Second tier is to outfit them with a combat rifle/armour, requiring a combat rifle, medium caliber ammunition and a combat armour box, giving them [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:3:4] or something like that  to simulate armour in addition to a medium caliber interaction. Last tier, is to swap the rifle in the previous tier for a flamethrower or minigun, consuming the same resources and giving them the same interactions as their respective turrets.

> Brahmin Expedition.
That sounds like a pretty good idea, actually. Well, except I hate anything that grazes and would prefer to use a dog or a chicken, but a Brahmin makes more sense in-fluff.
From what I hear, the grazing rewrite made grazers better. Anyway, one thing I forgot to mention is using a DFHack script to make the Expedition Staging Point outside only, to prevent mysterious portals to nowhere. Comments?
I do stuff, I guess
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 210