Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 472646 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #3120 on: July 22, 2018, 01:37:18 am »

So decided to just mod in something that wouldn't ultimately break the game, that being about 141 cutie marks and will most likely add more later (my endgame is about 1000+ cutie marks for that ultimate uniqueness, no more ponies with twin cutie marks). However I couldn't find the file that contains cutie marks that give effects/effects stats/labors/ect, so either it doesn't exist or i'm just not finding it, but it has to exist somewhere, as I had a pony with twin drills that was really good at mining alongside other ponies with cutie marks that are really good at what that cutie mark depicts, but that cutie mark isn't in the descriptor_color_cutiemark file, which is the only file besides descriptor_color_cutiemark_evil that has cutiemarks in it that I can find.

So i'm missing something, if someone could point out the file then please do and I'll start adding more that will actually affect stats and the like.

Here's the link: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13913
Here is how the cutie mark system works in terms of the RAWs:

Right, I was looking through the Stable pony stuff and saw the sheer amount of castes and wondered what those were for, i would definetly go for merging castes and moving the slave/freed slave/blank castes into their own file and then putting multiple cutie marks for different castes. Lets for more Caste creation room for later if its ever needed, lessens the sheer bulk by quite a bit, and makes it so that more and more cutie marks can be seen rather then one seen for that caste over and over.

If you merge all the Castes, I can start putting multitudes of cutie marks for each one (due to the sheer amount of castes, im thinking anywhere from 20 to 50 cutie marks per caste, for that uniquess), though i do apologize in the long run if I have copy cutie marks or somehow mess something up while adding them, as this is my first time modding DF in any way.

I was also thinking of adding the FoE version of combo drugs(Psychojet, Buffjet, Psychobuff, ect) once i figured out what syndromes and the drugs do.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

sanek213

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: July 22, 2018, 07:32:42 am »

I was also thinking of adding the FoE version of combo drugs(Psychojet, Buffjet, Psychobuff, ect) once i figured out what syndromes and the drugs do.
I could help you with that. In raw inorganic_syndrom.txt is only a part of activating of syndrome(drug) with command to activate it. Effects of activated syndromes is stored in Interaction_MOP.txt. There you can find everything what they do.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:21:54 am by sanek213 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: July 22, 2018, 04:03:44 pm »

I could help you with that. In raw inorganic_syndrom.txt is only a part of activating of syndrome(drug) with command to activate it. Effects of activated syndromes is stored in Interaction_MOP.txt. There you can find everything what they do.

Yea I was looking at that, but can't seem to find the file that dictates where you make said drugs and what reagents are used to make them ect, as i believe someone updated earlier that made crops that can be made into said drugs. The main problem is that i'm trying to see what each workshop does in-game so I can get a good idea of what to look at myself, but all of my stables keep dying before I can make any headway due to a lot of bad things that keep happening to them that I can't stop nor control (my most recent one died because a heard of radigators wandered in and decided to slaughter everyone, and that one had only been going for an in game month)
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: July 22, 2018, 05:43:32 pm »

Yea I was looking at that, but can't seem to find the file that dictates where you make said drugs and what reagents are used to make them ect, as i believe someone updated earlier that made crops that can be made into said drugs. The main problem is that i'm trying to see what each workshop does in-game so I can get a good idea of what to look at myself, but all of my stables keep dying before I can make any headway due to a lot of bad things that keep happening to them that I can't stop nor control (my most recent one died because a heard of radigators wandered in and decided to slaughter everyone, and that one had only been going for an in game month)
Ok, another quick run through of how things work:
  • reaction_workbench holds the reactions to produce auto-injectors. Auto-injectors are the final products that ponies use to receive drugs, and each auto-injector requires some sort of drug in their production.
  • onLoad-equipment.init (in the main DF folder) holds the equip-trigger script calls that actually make auto-injectors do something.  This is what associates a drug injector syndrome with an auto-injector.
  • reaction_chemistry_lab is where drug production from raw materials is handled.  If you want to know what a drug is made of, check here.
  • inorganic_syndrome is where the syndromes that each wearable auto-injector gives are defined.  Each syndrome gives ponies access to a specific interaction, and defines how frequently they can use it, as well as what types of creature (unicorn, griffon etc) can gain the benefits of the auto-injector.
  • interaction_MOP is where the individual drug injector interactions are defined.  Drug effects and their durations are defined here.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: July 22, 2018, 05:47:28 pm »

Ok, another quick run through of how things work:
  • reaction_workbench holds the reactions to produce auto-injectors. Auto-injectors are the final products that ponies use to receive drugs, and each auto-injector requires some sort of drug in their production.
  • onLoad-equipment.init (in the main DF folder) holds the equip-trigger script calls that actually make auto-injectors do something.  This is what associates a drug injector syndrome with an auto-injector.
  • reaction_chemistry_lab is where drug production from raw materials is handled.  If you want to know what a drug is made of, check here.
  • inorganic_syndrome is where the syndromes that each wearable auto-injector gives are defined.  Each syndrome gives ponies access to a specific interaction, and defines how frequently they can use it, as well as what types of creature (unicorn, griffon etc) can gain the benefits of the auto-injector.
  • interaction_MOP is where the individual drug injector interactions are defined.  Drug effects and their durations are defined here.

Gooootcha, thanks for the help! Sorry if it's annoying but I do want to help in this even though i've only just started, hence why i'm trying to keep to the simplest things I can think of.

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: July 23, 2018, 02:04:16 am »

I'm not big MLP fan but I love fallout and since there is no fallout mods around I gave this a go and I LOVE it xD
Oh and is the "Equestria" setting no more in world creation?
Also having issues to find areas with other than low and medium salvages, I guess I should embark to something like evil biome to get other stuff?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 02:54:07 am by Prismaa »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: July 23, 2018, 03:34:13 am »

I'm not big MLP fan but I love fallout and since there is no fallout mods around I gave this a go and I LOVE it xD
Also having issues to find areas with other than low and medium salvages, I guess I should embark to something like evil biome to get other stuff?

Yea the Equestria setting isn't in advanced world creation anymore, though I have no clue what happened to it. And yes, you do need to be in evil biomes to get High Salvage.

Update on the drugs, i'm MOSTLY done with them, but i'm currently trying to figure out a few things about syndromes. I know it does the effects in percentages, but what does the severity number mean exactly? Like if it had severity 5 what would that mean?

Second question is does the 
Code: [Select]
SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:x:x for syndromes work and if so, how exactly does it work?

Third question is:
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:80:0:START:200:END:300] I know that the 80 after focus is a percentage, but does that mean that it's adding 80% of the base number for FOCUS to itself, thereby increasing it, or does it mean that FOCUS is only working at 80% of it's stat, instead of 100% (aka, if the FOCUS stat was 100, does the 80 mean that 80 is getting added to the 100, or does it mean that 100 is reduced to 80) and what does the 0 after the 80 mean?

Once these questions are answered, I can also start on adding withdrawal symptoms that appear after the effects wear off, but is it possible to make it a percentage chance for a syndrome to begin, so that Withdrawal doesn't happen every time, or does that just mean I put a
PROB:X after each symptom in the withdrawal syndrome?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: July 23, 2018, 04:29:44 am »

Funnily enough, this isn't far from where I am at. Don't really care about MLP, but like I like fallout and I like how mechanically interesting this mod's weird caste based quadrupeds with fallout style tech is.  Throw in magic for even more exotic stuff and it makes for a really interesting mod.
I think I forgot to transfer it over to my development copy of the mod from the last version by UnicodingUnicorn when I was initially merging the out of date mod with a newer DF version file by file.  I later noticed, and was going to re-add it and tweak it once I finished merging everything else and getting it error free.

I then forgot about it again.

I just put a note in my little dev notepad thingy.  After I finish shifting around slaves/blanks to their own file and merging castes, I will either copy the old version's worldgen over and tweak it if necessary, or set up a few new custom Equestria worldgens from scratch.
High Q salvage is primarily found in evil and savage biomes, as well as in caverns.  It sometimes shows up elsewhere, but if you want to see it reliably then starting in a terrifying biome is usually your best bet.

FYI, I almost never embark in a biome that isn't either evil, savage or both.  The salvage boost is too useful.  I also bring 2-4 military ponies, for what it is worth.
Update on the drugs, i'm MOSTLY done with them, but i'm currently trying to figure out a few things about syndromes. I know it does the effects in percentages, but what does the severity number mean exactly? Like if it had severity 5 what would that mean?
It...well...determines severity.  A lot of symptoms aren't just on/off, but have a magnitude which determines just how crippling they are. Creatures can also tolerate or ignore some negative symptoms to a limited degree.  That is why a (non-giant) cave spider bite occasionally makes a dwarf/pony a little dizzy, instead of pretty much incapacitating them which is what would happen if the dizziness in the cave spider bite syndrome was at 10000.

You will have to play around with severity and test it in arena to figure out if it is intense enough.  From what little testing I have done, I *think* sev:10000 is when symptoms cap out, but I am not sure.  sev:1000 is usually pretty crippling, and sev:100 is generally noticeable but tolerable.   Be aware that AFAICT at some point syndromes were weakened so that you need a much higher severity than you used to in earlier DF versions, which means that the current batch of symptom severities aren't that useful as guides.  I think that change is why glowing ghouls don't incapacitate ponies a lot of the time.  In fact, IIRC GCS venom often doesn't paralyze stable citizens.  A while back, I was also testing scripts in vanilla using add-syndrome with GCS venom as the indicator to see if the script was working, and I had to massively jack up the severity to see an effect from vanilla GCS venom on vanilla dwarves.
SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:x:x for syndromes work and if so, how exactly does it work?
Dunno, haven't used it, don't have the faintest idea how it works.  Test it and tell me how it goes.
Third question is:
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:80:0:START:200:END:300] I know that the 80 after focus is a percentage, but does that mean that it's adding 80% of the base number for FOCUS to itself, thereby increasing it, or does it mean that FOCUS is only working at 80% of it's stat, instead of 100% (aka, if the FOCUS stat was 100, does the 80 mean that 80 is getting added to the 100, or does it mean that 100 is reduced to 80) and what does the 0 after the 80 mean?
To pick a more illustrative example than yours, if a pony has a focus of 1000, FOCUS:120:500 changes its focus to 120% of 1000 plus 500, for a total focus of 1200+500=1700. 

You will have to check the pony RAWs to see what the typical numbers are.  1000 is "typical", and is the normal average for a human.  5000 is the max a creature can get naturally or by modding the RAWs, but I am reasonably sure that syndromes can push it over that - I noticed that Titan Power Armor + adrenaline rush was more powerful than just Titan PA during some "hack at a dragon with an aetherite ripper" style arena mode testing, and I know this because having both syndromes active allowed me to dismember a dragon 25 times my pony's size with a chainsaw-knife.  I think the actual max is somewhere between 50000 to 100000, probably 65535 since that is the maximum number of a 16 bit unsigned int.
Once these questions are answered, I can also start on adding withdrawal symptoms that appear after the effects wear off, but is it possible to make it a percentage chance for a syndrome to begin, so that Withdrawal doesn't happen every time, or does that just mean I put a
Yes, PROB:X determines the probability of a particular effect happening, where X=100 is a 100% chance.  Note that probabilities are per effect.  FYI, if you wanted to make groups of withdrawal symptoms happen sometimes as a batch, the only way I can think of to probabilistically give a group of effects all at once is to use an interaction chain - the auto-injector interaction could give another drug interaction some of the time, and that second interaction could actually apply the drug side effects.  DF AI always spams every interaction it can while in combat, so the side effect syndrome will almost always get used when in a fight (and if it doesn't get used, the fight was probably just finishing as the drug injector was triggered, so the pony isn't actually benefiting from it).

Oh, and be aware that ponies will often trigger things like drug injectors or SATS when walking near wildlife, so don't make drug syndromes too crippling long term because they will get used for the most pointless reasons.

Lastly, have you checked out the fallout equestria wiki?  IIRC there are a list of drugs on it that you could rip off, if you haven't already.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: July 23, 2018, 04:45:01 am »

Funnily enough, this isn't far from where I am at. Don't really care about MLP, but like I like fallout and I like how mechanically interesting this mod's weird caste based quadrupeds with fallout style tech is.  Throw in magic for even more exotic stuff and it makes for a really interesting mod.
I think I forgot to transfer it over to my development copy of the mod from the last version by UnicodingUnicorn when I was initially merging the out of date mod with a newer DF version file by file.  I later noticed, and was going to re-add it and tweak it once I finished merging everything else and getting it error free.

I then forgot about it again.

I just put a note in my little dev notepad thingy.  After I finish shifting around slaves/blanks to their own file and merging castes, I will either copy the old version's worldgen over and tweak it if necessary, or set up a few new custom Equestria worldgens from scratch.
High Q salvage is primarily found in evil and savage biomes, as well as in caverns.  It sometimes shows up elsewhere, but if you want to see it reliably then starting in a terrifying biome is usually your best bet.

FYI, I almost never embark in a biome that isn't either evil, savage or both.  The salvage boost is too useful.  I also bring 2-4 military ponies, for what it is worth.
It...well...determines severity.  A lot of symptoms aren't just on/off, but have a magnitude which determines just how crippling they are. Creatures can also tolerate or ignore some negative symptoms to a limited degree.  That is why a (non-giant) cave spider bite occasionally makes a dwarf/pony a little dizzy, instead of pretty much incapacitating them which is what would happen if the dizziness in the cave spider bite syndrome was at 10000.

You will have to play around with severity and test it in arena to figure out if it is intense enough.  From what little testing I have done, I *think* sev:10000 is when symptoms cap out, but I am not sure.  sev:1000 is usually pretty crippling, and sev:100 is generally noticeable but tolerable.   Be aware that AFAICT at some point syndromes were weakened so that you need a much higher severity than you used to in earlier DF versions, which means that the current batch of symptom severities aren't that useful as guides.  I think that change is why glowing ghouls don't incapacitate ponies a lot of the time.  In fact, IIRC GCS venom often doesn't paralyze stable citizens.  A while back, I was also testing scripts in vanilla using add-syndrome with GCS venom as the indicator to see if the script was working, and I had to massively jack up the severity to see an effect from vanilla GCS venom on vanilla dwarves.
Dunno, haven't used it, don't have the faintest idea how it works.  Test it and tell me how it goes.
Third question is:
To pick a more illustrative example than yours, if a pony has a focus of 1000, FOCUS:120:500 changes its focus to 120% of 1000 plus 500, for a total focus of 1200+500=1700. 

You will have to check the pony RAWs to see what the typical numbers are.  1000 is "typical", and is the normal average for a human.  5000 is the max a creature can get naturally or by modding the RAWs, but I am reasonably sure that syndromes can push it over that - I noticed that Titan Power Armor + adrenaline rush was more powerful than just Titan PA during some "hack at a dragon with an aetherite ripper" style arena mode testing, and I know this because having both syndromes active allowed me to dismember a dragon 25 times my pony's size with a chainsaw-knife.  I think the actual max is somewhere between 50000 to 100000, probably 65535 since that is the maximum number of a 16 bit unsigned int.
Yes, PROB:X determines the probability of a particular effect happening, where X=100 is a 100% chance.  Note that probabilities are per effect.  FYI, if you wanted to make groups of withdrawal symptoms happen sometimes as a batch, the only way I can think of to probabilistically give a group of effects all at once is to use an interaction chain - the auto-injector interaction could give another drug interaction some of the time, and that second interaction could actually apply the drug side effects.  DF AI always spams every interaction it can while in combat, so the side effect syndrome will almost always get used when in a fight (and if it doesn't get used, the fight was probably just finishing as the drug injector was triggered, so the pony isn't actually benefiting from it).

Oh, and be aware that ponies will often trigger things like drug injectors or SATS when walking near wildlife, so don't make drug syndromes too crippling long term because they will get used for the most pointless reasons.

Lastly, have you checked out the fallout equestria wiki?  IIRC there are a list of drugs on it that you could rip off, if you haven't already.

I have actually been using the Fallout Equestria wiki this entire time, as a result i believe i have added about 5 to 10+ drugs at this point? including 2 stronger versions of Dash (Dash-fuel and Dash+(which is just Ultra Dash)) and 2 stronger versions of Rage (Fury and Rage+(Which is just Overdrive)), alongside adding Mint-al's and Party Time Mint-als ((alongside Berry, Grape and Orange Mint-als)i have their auto-injectors as re-breathers like Dash, but might change it to auto-feeders word wise, to give more flavor text sense. The idea for rebreather though was that they were crushed into a powder and then flowed into the mask).

Once i have these combo drugs and the like done, i'll most likely start working on the other drugs like Celestia's tears (with most likely a 300-400 boost to strength but 99% chance to inflict a pain to brain with 5,000 severity. Hellloooo last resort drug).

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:17 am »

...like Celestia's tears (with most likely a 300-400 boost to strength but 99% chance to inflict a pain to brain with 5,000 severity. Hellloooo last resort drug).
A few of words of caution about that, if you haven't figured them out already:

300-400 strength isn't that much for a drug with massive downsides.  Unless you mean 300%-400%, which is better for something with severe side-effects, but still very "all in".

I am reasonably sure 5000 pain will insta KO anything that isn't flat out immune to pain.

DF AI has no concept of conserving interaction uses.  It will get used at the start of every single combat.

Anything equipped with it will sometimes use it because a vulture came within 15 tiles, so it can't be too ridiculous downsides wise.

Anything that is immune to pain or can get immunity to pain can use it without downsides.  This includes earth ponies during adrenaline rush (which doesn't last long, but still), a few spells and med-X.  Celestia's tears are going to be popular drinks for Conjuration, Restoration and Magic masters, since they can all get pain immunity.  Anything near a Restoration Master near the start of combat will probably be spell-buffed by pain immunity too - Stoicism even lets apprentices hand out pain immunity if they take the restoration school.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 23, 2018, 05:53:02 am »

...like Celestia's tears (with most likely a 300-400 boost to strength but 99% chance to inflict a pain to brain with 5,000 severity. Hellloooo last resort drug).
A few of words of caution about that, if you haven't figured them out already:

300-400 strength isn't that much for a drug with massive downsides.  Unless you mean 300%-400%, which is better for something with severe side-effects, but still very "all in".

I am reasonably sure 5000 pain will insta KO anything that isn't flat out immune to pain.

DF AI has no concept of conserving interaction uses.  It will get used at the start of every single combat.

Anything equipped with it will sometimes use it because a vulture came within 15 tiles, so it can't be too ridiculous downsides wise.

Anything that is immune to pain or can get immunity to pain can use it without downsides.  This includes earth ponies during adrenaline rush (which doesn't last long, but still), a few spells and med-X.  Celestia's tears are going to be popular drinks for Conjuration, Restoration and Magic masters, since they can all get pain immunity.  Anything near a Restoration Master near the start of combat will probably be spell-buffed by pain immunity too - Stoicism even lets apprentices hand out pain immunity if they take the restoration school.

Well, i'll tell ya i know nothing of the lore of Fallout Equestria, but what i was saying about Celestia's Tears syndrome being so ridiculous (and yes, i did mean 300-400%, not 300-400 flat bonus) is based off of the wiki entry. I was gonna put more then just pain to the brain, to make sure that those who use it die. I was gonna make it so that there's a 99% chance for the various "killing" syndromes to kill, or maybe 1 killing syndrome that you can't be immune to.

Other drugs like Cloudpack or drugs like Scorpio and Moondust (aka Drugs that don't really do anything besides make you hallucinate or some other singular but useless effect, drugs that say "Not present in the Wasteland, or drugs that would be redundant with other drugs basically being a copy of it) i won't be adding. That cuts down the last to me adding Celestia's Tears, Hawkeye, Rainboom and maybe Luna's Tears if i make it a more lethal but more effective Celestia's Tears.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:56:41 am by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: July 23, 2018, 07:29:32 am »

Okay so, made the drugs and everything needed for them, will most likely add more to them later. However, these drugs need to be tested, as I need to sleep as i've been working on this for 15 hours straight.

I did one test with a Mint-al Injector in the object testing arena, but for some reason it said "Steady Autoinjector" (which is another drug, but not the right one), if anyone could point out why please tell me so I can fix it.

Let me know if anyone tests to see if they work right!

Here's the link to download it: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13919

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:25 pm »

Okay so, made the drugs and everything needed for them, will most likely add more to them later. However, these drugs need to be tested, as I need to sleep as i've been working on this for 15 hours straight.

I did one test with a Mint-al Injector in the object testing arena, but for some reason it said "Steady Autoinjector" (which is another drug, but not the right one), if anyone could point out why please tell me so I can fix it.

Let me know if anyone tests to see if they work right!

Here's the link to download it: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13919

Okay, I figured out why it was saying Steady instead of the appropriate drug, so managed to fix that. Still iffy on adding Luna's Tears as a more effective but more lethal Celestia's Tears. Other then that, the drugs should all be done.

Next part is possibly adding Withdrawal and maybe addiction? I have no clue how i'd go about doing addiction, but I have a semi-idea of making different interactions that activate once a drug finishes, giving the withdrawal.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:00:07 pm by Unknown72 »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:38 pm »

I goofed majorly and forgot to edit the entity_stable file so that you could actually make these drugs and their auto-injectors. Derp, here have a hotfix.

Here's the link

Sorry for Quad post

Edit: Just had an epiphany with those "useless" drugs. Would it be possible to use drugs via syndromes that give positive moodlets? Lessening stress and increasing positive moods?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:33:18 pm by Unknown72 »

TheBestPony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 08, 2018, 02:31:19 am »

I goofed majorly and forgot to edit the entity_stable file so that you could actually make these drugs and their auto-injectors. Derp, here have a hotfix.

Here's the link

Sorry for Quad post

Edit: Just had an epiphany with those "useless" drugs. Would it be possible to use drugs via syndromes that give positive moodlets? Lessening stress and increasing positive moods?

It's not about drugs, but i think i found a bug - alicorns (and griffons) can't fly(or can only fly if tag [flier] is added to their files). Can you fix this, please?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:37:29 pm by TheBestPony »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210