Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing Civs Fixed?  (Read 1030 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing Civs Fixed?
« on: November 11, 2012, 11:59:34 am »

Last Time I booted up DF half the races didn't have villages nothing worked and I had to make like a million work around mods to play the game.
Have they Fixed this yet? and if so what else has changed? any neat features worth selling?

I love DF but Id really like to enjoy a stable version.

Also is hair cuts and beard growth in yet? they were all bare bones last time i loaded DF up everyone had long hair and clean shaven.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:01:33 pm by DizzyCrash »

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Civs Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »

Sounds like you played one of the early 0.31 versions last. The current version is very stable (as in almost all features work as intended, no crashes etc.), new features include very evil biomes, vampires, necromancers, werebeasts; military, hospitals, clothing and animal training are fixed, hauling changes include minecarts, wheelbarrows, carrying of multiple objects, walls being built the right way, and there are a lot more animals. Oh yes, and adventurer mode is much, much better.

Unfortunately, no sites for dwarfs, elves and goblins yet. These will come in the next release, together with non-lethal combat, revamped sneaking, armies moving in the game, a new quest system, jumping and climbing, multi-tile trees and more.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Civs Fixed?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:11:36 pm »

Sounds like you played one of the early 0.31 versions last. The current version is very stable (as in almost all features work as intended, no crashes etc.), new features include very evil biomes, vampires, necromancers, werebeasts; military, hospitals, clothing and animal training are fixed, hauling changes include minecarts, wheelbarrows, carrying of multiple objects, walls being built the right way, and there are a lot more animals. Oh yes, and adventurer mode is much, much better.

Unfortunately, no sites for dwarfs, elves and goblins yet. These will come in the next release, together with non-lethal combat, revamped sneaking, armies moving in the game, a new quest system, jumping and climbing, multi-tile trees and more.

^ ^   Thank you for clearing all that up... I played it after it was released after that nearly year long dry spell of no updates... but I worked hard modding the old one to my exact specifications and re-applying all those to the new update without somthing as big as sites for dwarves elves and goblins is not worth the time invested. I think i will just go back to my outdated version or keep holding tight for the new updates.