Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paying For Programming Help (Unity, Unreal or Godot)  (Read 2815 times)

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paying For Programming Help (Unity, Unreal or Godot)
« on: April 02, 2019, 07:32:33 am »

I have dreamed of starting an open source sandbox game filled with autonomous bots for over a decade, but while I know programming just fine, I have object blindness which makes searching for information nigh impossible. Finding a seeing-eye programmer to create a skeleton program for me to work on is my only hope for completing anything, but I am just as incapable of searching for help as I am searching for instructions in the first place.

My dream is to make this a community project that everyone can contribute to, but for anyone to care it would need a base to work on. And since I myself would need help making that base, no one has been willing to help either. I'm at the point where I'd be willing to even pay to get this started, if anyone could help, or even help with finding help because I seriously can't find anything on my own. Having object blindness is like being the only colorblind person in a world where no one believes that you really can't see what they take for granted.

What I need boils down to a few things, in order of complexity:
-NPC paths to object
-Function runs when the NPC reaches the target object
-NPC picks up, carries, and drops object.
-NPC creates a building either around the center of the map or near other buildings, and the navmesh gets updated accordingly.

Here's a full description of the idea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And finally, here's the spaghetti code I've managed to make until now. It's my second attempt and as discardable as the first, because the only instructions I ever managed to find on how to actually use Unity's pathfinding come from a forum post where someone asked for help with his project and I just copied the code without understanding any of it. The way its used here is like hauling an entire wrecked car home because you needed a reading lamp and couldn't find any other light source. https://www.sendspace.com/file/aljemo

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Paying For Programming Help (Unity, Unreal or Godot)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 12:11:36 pm »

PTW

Anrlndo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Paying For Programming Help (Unity, Unreal or Godot)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 04:47:53 am »

I can't help you with your project, but I want to wish you luck and I hope that when your game gets to Beta, you'll send me an invite to playtest  :)