Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 76719 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:52 pm »

Got into a territory worshipping a headless thing, decided to get my guy to listen, then join, then follow initiating ritual, then worship and even got the priests to change parts of my "body into weapon" , grew a long forked tongue and after building shrines was able to command to waves of beastfolks fanatics (that added to my damage in battle)

Unfortunately my guy got killed in my shelter (was playing an adventured) by some enemy party (i hoped my transformations and "waves of beastfolks" attack could destroy them, but they didn't cared much), and as the shelter was my only stronghold, lost the game.

Looks like there are more possibilities than i thought in my first few playthroughs.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 01:38:36 pm »

Is there any sort of manual at all?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 01:52:22 pm »

The author just added a Help section on his website that is a very rough manual :
http://blog.anamnesis.co/p/how-to.html

(and uploaded the "bugfix 3" version too)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 05:21:08 pm »

Posting to Watch
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 06:14:55 am »

I have to agree with Kusgnos - I feel powerless, the problem is, I never feel like it gets any better. My units lose any fight they get into, my leader does the same. I've (barely) managed to defend my base a few times, but that's it. The best I've managed as a governor is buying my way into a territory using most of my money and trying to set up a business there. It was even making a small profit, but then... what? I guess I'd need to wait several ingame years to repeat the same process?

Most of the enemies can't be negotiated with anyway, unless you can cheat yourself 150,000 of the currency.

However, it is still really early in its development, so I'll keep an eye on it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 08:58:22 am »

Looks pretty neat. PTW
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:58 am »

Downloading! PTW! Holy crap!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 11:54:49 am »

Narglefarklek. About four turns into my first go at an explorer, and I've whored out my starting partner (Rhaeslyevh, the long tongued lizard? Frog? lady) at the docks, whereupon she promptly caught a tropical disease and brought me back two Arkhe. I'm suddenly somewhat less sure what to think, beyond the niggling thought that maybe I can hire a hooker brigade? I'll have to wait for later to find out, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:56:29 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »

Note: Companions are much, much more useful than troops. [And free!] Especially Alestar or whatever his name is, Elf-Wolf-Showoff guy, he's awesome and does 60 damage to most obnoxious troop types. Got killed in an turn against the Terror of the Deep, though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 12:51:06 pm »

I have to agree with Kusgnos - I feel powerless, the problem is, I never feel like it gets any better. My units lose any fight they get into, my leader does the same. I've (barely) managed to defend my base a few times, but that's it. The best I've managed as a governor is buying my way into a territory using most of my money and trying to set up a business there. It was even making a small profit, but then... what? I guess I'd need to wait several ingame years to repeat the same process?

Most of the enemies can't be negotiated with anyway, unless you can cheat yourself 150,000 of the currency.

However, it is still really early in its development, so I'll keep an eye on it.

The big thing is to match your combatants to the terrain, especially on defense.  ie. if it's night and a low visibility region, you probably should use a nocturnal unit, especially if it's a non-nocturnal enemy.  (It's much harder to always find a match on culture, but if you can, it helps alot.) Half the time, if you defend an island or strait region, the enemy will chicken out before even crossing the water.  My black ooze in a cave was fighting almost every other turn and handily won every time against even landships because of terrain.

Also on defense, remember that if you capture an enemy, another enemy will spawn within their culture to replace them.  So if you have an enemy you know you can beat, it may be best to let them go because their replacement may be upgraded to something you can't beat.

On first scouting a region, always go yourself because they're no penalty if you die.  Then next turn you know exactly what enemy & terrain you'd fight in an expedition, and can wisely send the right fighter this time.

But yeah, it's an interesting game with alot of potential if they could polish up the mechanics.  It reminds me of a hybrid of Kings of Dragon Pass and Fallen London.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:53:06 pm by ConscriptFive »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »

There's a bugfix 4 version available.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »

For my entire life I have searched for a decent single player text based rpg. Can't thank you enough.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 04:46:41 pm »

Might become good in the future, but right now it's too random for my tastes. I mean there is no logic structure to your adventures and choosing an option over another will rarely have a foreseeable outcome. Sure it's fine if things don't always go the way you expect, but when every event is that way your decisions feel very irrelevant.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 04:57:54 pm »

ptw for when i have time to actually play

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 06:28:35 pm »

Some one invite the dev down here, we might be able to have a chat with him and help along with the game.

I would but my phone does not let me post comments on blogs
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27