Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 76743 times)

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

Thanks for posting. I love text based games.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »

im really confused on playing this, so far though i was able to capture a land and started improving it for economy but i could not find anyone that can kick ass (the fact that your character is all but useless) and i would like to see something like stat improvement instead of monkeying around.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

Some one invite the dev down here, we might be able to have a chat with him and help along with the game.

They usually figure out the place soon enough. B12 recommendations often create an activity spike. Plus this thread is now 3rd highest if you search for the name of the game :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »

Well, if he does show up, my #1 request is a easier to read font.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 12:21:48 am »

Downloaded this the other night, been fooling around with it a bit.
The font is definitely a problem, but that can be fixed yourself by editing a few of the .rpy files in the \game folder.
Using Notepadd++ I just searched for any instance of "Old_Rubber_Stamp.ttf", which is the problematic font, and replaced it with "GenBkBasR.ttf", a normal looking font.

You can make quite a few interesting changes by editing those files.
For fun I've given myself insanely high Arkhe, Merits, and Barriers, as well as greatly boosted the stats of the player character.
About to start a new game with these changes and see what kind of hell I can raise.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 01:19:03 am »

So, uh. Where'd you find the character's stats? I found the bit that controls how they're displayed, I think, but it doesn't look like it's the parts where that are actually used to do stuff in game.

Arkhe and suchlike was pretty easy to find, but th'stats aren't coming along quite as easily :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:14 am »

Downloaded this the other night, been fooling around with it a bit.
The font is definitely a problem, but that can be fixed yourself by editing a few of the .rpy files in the \game folder.
Using Notepadd++ I just searched for any instance of "Old_Rubber_Stamp.ttf", which is the problematic font, and replaced it with "GenBkBasR.ttf", a normal looking font.

You can make quite a few interesting changes by editing those files.
For fun I've given myself insanely high Arkhe, Merits, and Barriers, as well as greatly boosted the stats of the player character.
About to start a new game with these changes and see what kind of hell I can raise.
Could you upload a version of the files you changed for the newer font? I think that would help a lot of people.

I could also link it on the first post.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 02:52:49 am »

I'm pretty sure fixing the font is also on the Dev's to-do list, and fairly high even. :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:29 am »

PTW. Looks pretty cool, though I'm a little leery of purely text-based systems to be honest.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 03:04:42 am »

PTW. Looks pretty cool, though I'm a little leery of purely text-based systems to be honest.
Agreed, however I love text-based games.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 03:17:48 am »

Okay, uploaded the files needed for the font change here: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/17710490/file.html
Just extract the three files to the \game folder.

The character stats can be modified in list.rpy.
You're looking for "if cally == "The Stalwart Aristocrat":", and "if cenem == "The Influenced Aristocrat":".
You'll see a bunch of lines like ceidles = yeidles, ceresi = yeresi, ceshort = yeshort, etc.

ceresi is Resistance, ceshort is short range damage, cemid is mid range damage, celong long range damage, cemovi is Mobility, ceint is Intelligence, cedshort cedmid and cedlong are the descriptions for each of your attacks, cewat is Seafaring. Haven't bothered much with the others.

To increase Resistance, for example, you'd change "ceresi = yeresi" to "ceresi = xxx" where xxx is the value you want for the stat.
For attack descriptions, you'd change "cedshort = yedshort" to "cedshort = "short range attack description"".
That's with quotations around the description, if you missed that.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:23:35 am by Steele »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 03:27:11 am »

Ah, so I did find it, but there's apparently a minor display error or something with the projects menu for units with a resistance over... something or other. 10,000 was displayed as just 20 when I was selecting a unit to upgrade something >_>

With what you confirmed, I loaded it back up and actually tried to upgrade... and the hideout was done in a week. Right, s'working. Though my main dude has currently accumulated a rather ridiculous (I guess... it's at 133 or so.) amount of weariness :P

It's amusing being so awesome things literally just up and die in your presence, though. "Cheatventure Two does nothing for 1680 damage!"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:03 am »

You *can* get stat upgrades as you play, I got a fair number by the .1 Merit recons of lands, spending a week, and then picking various options.  Picking a "working as" option fairly often gives a resistance/mobility/int type upgrade, picking a "buy a weapon" option can increase a combat stat.  I got long ranged up to 40 on a Governor type, midrange up to 15, and about half a dozen increases in Int/MB/RES in 81 weeks of mainly scouting/recruiting/rebuilding barriers/dying a bunch so it's sloooooow...

ED:  Oh and several offers for boats which raised SF to 40, saving a bunch of money crossing straits/islands...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:14:32 am by gimlet »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 06:36:10 am »

It's got a lot of potential, but needs a lot of polish. Like the territories don't go together well, it just seems like a bunch of random things cobbled together. It's hard to get attached to the game world.

I kind of like the game mechanics and what I can tell from the theme. It's surprisingly not that hard to pick up.. I'd suggest anyone starting this game play with a governor and just throw lots of money at the problems.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 08:15:45 am »

Ha, I started several times as Governor and could never get much real traction holding territories but now I think I would have the rhythm to do it, I won another way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27