Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 76839 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!
« Reply #315 on: September 25, 2018, 09:02:17 am »

Looting weapons - generic ones and Alchrousses golden wang - in the estates in a post-apocalyptic world causes a crash.

Some suggestions:
* Maybe you should only have one weariness condition in the world at the same time, having two cripples you very quick.
* Weariness conditions should cause something adverse to the enemies as well to balance things out a bit better

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2018, 10:28:28 am »

The golden weapons are fixed for the next version, but I couldn't find anything wrong on my end with normal ones. It's hard to tell what could cause the latter without a full traceback of the crash.

* Maybe you should only have one weariness condition in the world at the same time, having two cripples you very quick.

Assuming you're talking about afflictions, that sounds like it would be an added benefit for good or not-so-bad ones, since experienced players could deliberately get and keep a mild one and thus become immune to all other sicknesses in the world. Acquiring afflictions will however lower your weariness much further in the next version because of some other upcoming changes for the renascents' stuff.

* Weariness conditions should cause something adverse to the enemies as well to balance things out a bit better

I believe I'm not following you on this one. You mean like enemy units also getting those afflictions?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2018, 11:11:11 am »

Sorry for being unclear, not talking about afflictions. I'm meaning the advanced mode things like Radium Craze that tweak the game rules somewhat.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2018, 02:45:35 pm »

In that case, the most likely scenario is that players will have some degree of control over those sooner than later. It seems more efficient and more pleasant for everybody than trying to balance out so many possible combinations in the long run.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2018, 10:57:21 am »

Just finished a somewhat small update to address some issues and bugs before moving on to other new stuff. I'll just go ahead and leave it right here.

Change Log:

* Basic Renascent Relationships: All renascents now have 4 new events when the player chooses to stay home. Most of these events have a small impact on how much the renascent likes or dislikes the player. The more a renascent dislikes the player, the more often these actions are replaced by "Argue", which allows players to imprison said renascents.
* Renascent Rewards and Punishments: Those renascents that aren't imprisoned, whether allied or not, have a small chance of doing something really good or really bad for the player if their like or dislike for said player is very high.
* Control over Social Contexts: The players now get to know which 3 random social contexts are in effect at the start of an advanced game and will be capable to reshuffle them as many times as desired. They will also be able to chose whether a new one replaces an existing one or not at the beginning of those cycles in which the relic was successfully recovered.
* 2 new feyfolk powers and some more feyfolk content.
* 7 new social contexts.
* 4 new units.
* Both minor and important bug fixes and tweaks, especially on the stats of some renascents.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2018, 03:45:45 am »

Yay for updates. Rerolling social contexts seems like a good change.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2019, 09:47:22 am »

I put together another relatively small release earlier this week in the same place in which I put all the others.

I just wish I had clever things to say with each update like the cooler developers.

Change Log:

* Bonds with Renascents: Renascents might now forge bonds with player characters they like. If the player accepts, these bonded characters for now become the starting renascent for all subsequent cycles, will fight and stay alongside the player even while outcast, and provide one of 4 small passive bonuses. These bonds can only be broken if the bonded renascent is dismissed or defeated fighting alone in uncontrolled territories.
* Feuds with Lobbies: Enemy lobbies might now sometimes threaten players to vote for their proposals rather than offer favours in exchange.  Refusing these requests starts feuds with them that can only be ended earning and spending more favours with these lobbies or outright destroying them. Feuding lobbies might sometimes make proposals specifically targeting the players or engage in more or less indirect hostile actions against them and their supporters.
* The player characters can now refuse to accept political proposals that affect their health (Weariness) at the cost of an increase in Local Tension and those that affect their wealth (Arkhe) at the cost of Merits.
* Players are now encouraged to change their initial clothes and aspect to get small Weariness and Local Tension weekly decreases.
* Added some new feyfolk content, most notably the power of Mastery over Death.
* Added 4 new renascents.
* Added 1 new latent doom.
* Fixed a few old bugs, probably added some new ones.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2019, 10:33:13 am »

New version! Yay!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2019, 11:07:01 am »

Has something regarding escaping enemies as an outcast changed? It seems the chances of getting caught while hiding are the same as before. However, my every attempt to escape after being noticed have failed so far. Something like ten attempts. So I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or if this is actully a bug?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2019, 11:38:29 am »

My troops managed to defeat a "Maw Spitter" (some giant amoeba that continously grow more maws) that seemed to have some good stats, it's listed in my Forces as apparently it wasn't killed.
I tried to negociate with it, that resulted in launching a 2nd battle and to my surprise we won, this time the monster is set to "captured".

Can it be tamed or negociated to join my troops, or is putting it on trial (to remove it from my forces) in exchange of minor merit points the only way to get anything usefull from it ?

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2019, 01:14:37 pm »

Has something regarding escaping enemies as an outcast changed? It seems the chances of getting caught while hiding are the same as before. However, my every attempt to escape after being noticed have failed so far. Something like ten attempts. So I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or if this is actully a bug?

That's a bug. Battles are triggered right now disregarding any attempt to escape by outcast players. I'll try to have a bugfix uploaded before the end of the day.

My troops managed to defeat a "Maw Spitter" (some giant amoeba that continously grow more maws) that seemed to have some good stats, it's listed in my Forces as apparently it wasn't killed.
I tried to negociate with it, that resulted in launching a 2nd battle and to my surprise we won, this time the monster is set to "captured".

Can it be tamed or negociated to join my troops, or is putting it on trial (to remove it from my forces) in exchange of minor merit points the only way to get anything usefull from it ?

Negotiations can indeed be used to (almost completely) convert enemies at the cost of a few merit, depending on the size of said enemy. The local tension value affects how likely these negotiations are to end in violence. I'm glad you mentioned this because it seems something important enough to deserve clarification. I'll go ahead and add an in-game warning about it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2019, 06:53:01 pm »

Nice, new update!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2019, 08:17:59 pm »

I went from an Outcast to purchasing a settlement, but I haven't gotten a single Merit.  When I purchased the settlement, I had -0.9 merits, and I funded my purchase from an Opportunist Aristocrat.  The Opportunist Aristocrat died.  Still no Merits coming my way.  Shouldn't they be going up as I am able to afford to exist, or have I forgotten something?

I should also point out that my game has the following Social Context:
-Discrimination Against Males: Males tend to lose Merits, their deeds are downplayed and their failures overemphasized (playing as a male)
-Radium Craze: Radioactivity is prevalent in society, your Weariness does not decrease unless you're an outcast
-Cult of Freedom: Colonists despise tyrants. Local Tension penalties for holding hostages or territories is doubled.

So, I suspect that the game is probably working as intended, yet I'm at a loss for how to gain merits.  Maybe I should try bribing a lobby with furniture for favor, and exchange that for merits.  Its the only option I can think of

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2019, 12:21:11 am »

I think the character gains 0.1 merits per turn as long as they are not in debt with Arkhe. Maybe being male, your character loses that automatic merit gain or actually loses more than they gain? If they are male, that is. You can gain merits by doing deeds that make you famous in the territories, at least. Other option are lobbies who can use their actions to increase your fame.

In general, I think the game suffers from sometimes being very difficult to climb up from a pit you've gotten into. Basically, if you get lots of Tension or negative Merit/Arkhe, it can be very hard to fix the situation even if you have plenty of other resources.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2019, 12:48:20 am »

I think the character gains 0.1 merits per turn as long as they are not in debt with Arkhe. Maybe being male, your character loses that automatic merit gain or actually loses more than they gain? If they are male, that is. You can gain merits by doing deeds that make you famous in the territories, at least. Other option are lobbies who can use their actions to increase your fame.

In general, I think the game suffers from sometimes being very difficult to climb up from a pit you've gotten into. Basically, if you get lots of Tension or negative Merit/Arkhe, it can be very hard to fix the situation even if you have plenty of other resources.

Actually, with the Opportunistic Aristocrats, Tension, Arkhe, and Stress can be recovered in one fell swoop.  It is balanced by the added complications in the future.  So only Merit remains as a problem, especially when playing an Outcast, where you might find yourself with -10 merits as soon as you gain/regain a settlement.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27