Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!  (Read 76859 times)

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anamnesis, text-based RPG TBS awesomeness!
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2017, 10:14:39 am »

This one was probably my fault - spent my money on a solid unit on detail before finding that training a single troop would take 80+ weeks.

That's a very fair point actually, I can see many other people finding that out the hard way too so I went ahead and made buying units on details also give you a free initial unit for the next build.

Should I be waiting until I have a solid force before attempting to acquire any territory at all? Seems a bit bland constantly resting to very slowly build merits and the funds from a single trade route, but perhaps I should just be more patient.

Edit: to note, tension was generally at 0 in each run.

In my experience, you should either have a solid force or some relatively cheap units such as renascents setting up decoys and some low value but high resistance unit setting up barriers in the projects menu. It usually allows me to deal with the sporadic attacks at 0 tension. Avoids collateral damage too.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 30, 2017, 07:04:48 am »

Just dropping by to let you know that a new version is available at the blog.

A few steps have been taken to make the lives of adventurers easier, which incidentally gives me a solid excuse to make their lives harder with future features again. Probably the life of every kind of character while at it.

Change Log:

* Procedural feyfolk meddling with the affairs of the colony. They can be studied through related territory events and the player can bind them to gain power or vanish them using relics. Their information is displayed in a new data screen.
* Society will collapse when the population decreases to below 100, changing the events available in territories and halting politics, but increasing feyfolk activity.
* Job offers, invitations and sales will appear at random depending on the societal development of the colony and the amount of aristocrats with which you keep in contact.  They will allow players to earn more from those jobs or buy items at lower prices for a number of weeks. They are displayed in a new placeholder information screen.
* You can now sometimes get items (such as weapons, furniture, defences, etc) of slightly increased quality from the same action.
* You now get a free unit when you buy them on details.
* 2 new units.
* Several bug fixes, including those related to trading Cultism related goods and finishing a cycle with unfinished projects.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2017, 01:13:21 am »

Yay for a new version!

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2017, 07:45:06 am »

Really excited every time this is updated. Keep up the great progress.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2017, 08:43:29 am »

A new version's up at the usual place.

I celebrated the release getting myself Battle Brothers and now I'm pretty much hooked so I'll get back to that now, but give me a holler if something is broken.

Change Log:

* Latent Doom System: A series of initially harmless events that will get more dangerous and frequent as more territories of the colony are destroyed, eventually spiraling out of control and potentially destroying the entire colony.
    * Playable Emperors/Empresses: Proclaiming yourself one does not end the game, instead giving you absolute power over voting proposals, the power to banish other aristocrats at whim as well as giving you taxes revenues and the ability to economically plunder the colony for your own benefit. You'll also get an Imperial Palace as homebase, which you can rebuild if destroyed as long as you remain in power. Abdicating is also an option.
    * Social Context: A new social context will come into effect after each game cycle, altering the rules of the game sometimes drastically and sometimes insignificantly, changing what others wear, the costs of living or what the player is allowed to do or not. Up to 3 of these social contexts can be combined in any given cycle. They can be seen in the Current Affairs information screen.
    * Stock Exchange:  You can now buy and sell mainland holdings from the Investments menu. Their price fluctuates along with the target territory's Economy value allowing you to buy low and sell high, as well as earning dividends. These holdings have a chance of being available to you in following cycles if the territory's Instability is low and it is controlled by an allied lobby.
    * Advanced Start: You now have the chance to start with 3 social contexts already in effect and without the mini-tutorial tips.
    * Feyfolk can grant new powers, such as fey visions and your own empire.
    * Units, aristocrats and lovers, especially long-lasting ones, can now sometimes become resentful when you break contact with them and cause Local Tension to increase.
    * Investing blindly in local ventures that haven't been tried before is still as risky, but more profitable.
    * Decoys are now called Ruses.
    * 22 initial social contexts.
    * 10 initial latent dooms.
    * 1 new relic.
    * 6 new units.
    * Several bug fixes and tweaks.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2017, 09:42:46 am »

Interesting changes! Looking forward to checking out.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2017, 01:07:36 pm »

Watching swine feed in a post-apocalyptic Efote village makes the game crash.

Suggestion - maybe make the context causing fatigue / making fatigue not go away not spawn with outcasts? It makes outcast starts a lot harder.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:13:17 pm by Majestic7 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2017, 02:39:40 pm »

Interesting ideas

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »

Watching swine feed in a post-apocalyptic Efote village makes the game crash.

Fixed, it actually affected other events when society collapsed so I went ahead and uploaded a bugfix right away.

Suggestion - maybe make the context causing fatigue / making fatigue not go away not spawn with outcasts? It makes outcast starts a lot harder.

Noted. I don't want the social contexts to be totally fair but I guess a compromise can be reached in some way. I'll look into it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:07 am »

Like:
The game itself, but i didin't played past the wandering outcast stage by now.
This

Why the hell it's even an option to attack battle ship as naked outcast? xD
Don't like:
Game stutters and loads full core of processor at nearly each string and beginnig of turn. Not horribly big deal, but annoying.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:38:26 am by MCreeper »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2017, 06:21:30 am »

Why the hell it's even an option to attack battle ship as naked outcast? xD
Because it's !!Fun!!
Also, unlikely as it is, you might not be a naked outcast- it's entirely possible to get some half-decent gear (no gear is good enough to reliably defeat a 40k ton Battleship single handedly :P) and acquire the necessary skills while never establishing a base.
Game stutters and loads full core of processor at nearly each string and beginnig of turn. Not horribly big deal, but annoying.
I haven't played for a few versions, but that didn't used to happen. Maybe you should write up a bug report (include system stats.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2017, 07:48:44 am »

It got a bit better as i played. I hope it will not lag at full force again when i will switch the computer off and on.
My processor isn't very great, playing with 80 dwarves on 3x5(or 3x3?) fortress with 20-30 fps.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:04:56 am by MCreeper »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2017, 09:34:18 pm »

I don't post often, even less so on this particular lower board, but I'm just dropping by to say this is a wonderful little game.
Especially enjoy discovering feyfolk and learning about them. Oh, and binding unholy monsters, such as the Murderous Presence, to ruthlessly destroy my enemies.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Vaccean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:40 pm »

Just finished tying some loose ends and addressing some of your feedback in a tiny new release.

I will now probably return to my cave for the following months and start working on the next big feature, though I haven't decided yet which feature will that be.

Choices, choices.

Change Log:

* Acquiring or worsening an affliction while having more than 100 Weariness will automatically set your Weariness to 90 to prevent excessive accumulations.
    * The Radium Craze social context does not affect outcasts anymore.
    * The default 0 damage middle and long range attacks of player characters are now "cover" and "hiding" instead of "nothing".
    * 2 new latent dooms.
    * 2 new social contexts.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

New events and such are lovely. Perhaps in the future our actions can affect them. So that, say, if you scam lots of investors with Sven mine, it could have some follow-up events. Likewise, maybe we could change the social context with major actions.

A little balance notice - it is easy to get stuck in a tension increase circle. Let's say you get your tension up at 60, then get an enemy visit at your base. You defeat the enemy - that increases the tension. That causes more attacks and if you defeat them, more increases in tension... There should be ways to deflate tension, more ways than just meditation request to factions. They can be expensive and hard ways, but just having more options would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27