Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Games like Dwarf Fortress on iOS  (Read 7863 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Games like Dwarf Fortress on iOS
« on: November 11, 2012, 11:28:29 pm »

Is there any?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Games like Dwarf Fortress on iOS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:32:02 am »

Real gaming on mobile platforms is nonexistent. There are only shitty sickeningly cute looking casual games.  (and kairosoft)
If anyone knows otherwise, please do tell...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:55 am »

Real gaming on mobile platforms is nonexistent. There are only shitty sickeningly cute looking casual games.  (and kairosoft)
If anyone knows otherwise, please do tell...
KoDP. Like in that other thread, is epic as DF. Though not very similar. It is on the iPad. And sadly only games people make on the iOS nowadays are arcade :/

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:59 am »

KoDP is barely even an iOS game in the true sense of the word; it's a port of a PC game to iOS, it's just an older game that didn't need much in terms of changes.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 02:32:09 pm »

Well portable gaming devices for the adult crowd do basically exist for Toilet Gaming. You play them to pass time whilst on the John (or on a bus I guess). So they tend to be relatively short games because you can only sit there for so long.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:34:50 pm »

Yeah, i always get bored with games on smartphones pretty quickly. Can't seem to find any good ones in the google store.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.