Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

Yet Another of Haspen's BOTF Let's Plays, with Ultimate Dominion Mod!

(1/8) > >>

Haspen:
Hellooooooo C:

So my sticky trekkie-nerd hands got a fan-made extension of Birth of the Federation: Ultimate Dominion Mod. It changes, upgrades and fixes a lot of things. Population of systems and thus production rates have been upped.

What does it mean? Larger battles!

You think 15 on 15 ships is a lot? Try more like 50 on 50 or even more. The ships either automatically upgrade into next ship on the list, or they have 'spin-offs'. For example, here you have scouts: Oberth, which upgrades into Centaur, which goes into Saber class. And then, you have 'heavy' variant of the scout, Intrepid. If you're a trekkie, you propably salivate by now.

The game textures (planets, ships) ggot upgraded quite a bit, especially in detail amount, so the game looks like made in early 2000's rather than in the late nineties.

Ferengi become a minor race which boosts credits, and the fifth star empire slot is occupied now, as you can guess, by The Dominion. It's mirror of Federation - it is conglomerate of star systems and races, but ruled by fascist-like government composed by Founders, with Vorta as diplomats and Jem'Hadar as soldiers. You either join the Dominion, or you're forced into joining.

As you can guess, the 'setting' of the game shifted from 'The Next Generation' series towards 'Deep Space Nine', which a pinch of 'Enterprise' and 'Voyager' minor races for variety. Speaking of minor races, they are no longer 'super important, get them or regret forever'. Sure, they are like expanded colonies with fancy buildings, but one can easily play along without single one under his rule.

My LP settings:
We will start on 'Impossible' difficulty because that's the only fun one. We will start at tech level 3, while others will start at tech level 2. This will speed things a bit.
Amount of minor races will by 'many' which means 30 of them.
From what I have witnessed, Borg have been modified a lot. Thusly, we will have them 'on', hopefully I won't regret it later. Random events will be on as well - because everyone loves planetary shifts, eh? :D

Live long and prosper, friends, and stay tuned for first installment of the LP!

Updates list:
Update 1: Unto the Stars
Update 2: The Cardassian Incidents
Update 3: The New Era Begins!
Update 4: Terraforming, Friendships, and Great Boredom
Update 5: A Storm is Brewing
Update 6: Prelude to Bloodshed
Update 7: Crisis Averted
Update 8: Many, many ships
Update 9: When Dominion Appears on the Scene
Update 10: It Has Begun
Update 11: Of Shipyards and Allies
Update 12: Preemptive Strike?

Spoiler: Captain Roster (click to show/hide)To simulate a tenure of 'real Federation captain', in this LP you have to earn your beloved ship. At the beginning, you shall get scoutships or destroyers first. Then, you might earn a strike or battle cruiser, or heavy-type ships.

===

To be captained: -

Captain Jarod Cain:
USS Raman, Centaur-class
USS Constellation, Constellation-class
USS Constellation, Ambassador-class

Captain Pisskop:
USS Pegasus, Centaur-class
USS Ophelia, Soyuz-class
USS Cairo, Excelsior-class

Captain Hanzoku:
USS Raman, Centaur-class
USS Polaris, Soyuz-class
USS Bellerophon, Consitution-class
USS Bellerophon, Ambassador-class

Captain Ebbro:
USS Polaris, Soyuz-class
USS Crazy Horse, Excelsior-class

Captain Pies:
USS Onizuka, Centaur-class
USS Adelphi, Ambassador-class

Captain Greatorder:
USS Oberth, Centaur-class
USS Polaris, Soyuz-class
USS Polaris, Miranda-refit-class

Captain M.Head:
USS Nautilus, Soyuz-class
USS Nautilus, Miranda-refit-class

Captain Ivan:
USS New England, Centaur-class
USS Zhukov, Ambassador-class

Captain Dsarker:
USS Miranda, Soyuz-class
USS Miranda, Miranda-refit-class
USS Yamaguchi, Ambassador-class

Captain Euld:
USS Majestic, Soyuz-class
USS Majestic, Miranda-refit-class

Captain New Guy:
USS Lantree, Soyuz-class
USS Lantree, Miranda-refit-class

Captain Azzuro:
USS Nemesis, Elite-class

Jarod Cain:
 :o
Once again, sign me up as a captain, good luck I've always been curious to see how this mod plays.
-J-

Haspen:
Somehow I knew you will be first here :P

Haspen:
Update 1: Unto the Stars

The colonies signed a charter with Earth - we're now United Earth. Long period of despotical, isolationist government have ended. We shall now explore and expand our local galaxy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is our local space. With repairs and upgrades of our vessels, our fleet consists of 3 Centaur-class surveyors, a Soyuz-class destroyer, Excelsior-class cruiser and Elite-cruiser warship. Three colony ships full of terraforming equipment await at our three star systems.

I have reviewed the political and military lists of commanders from the Despot period and so far I've found only one name for a proper candidate to conduct our interstellar diplomacy: Jarod Cain. He was given command of USS Raman and ordered to check the subspace signal coming from the 'south' part of our local space. Maybe it's the same aliens whose ship was destroyed few months ago by our former leaders' ships. If Cpt.Cain proves his worthiness (and my trust in him), who knows, he might end on USS Constellation, our state-of-the-art warship.

Starfleet have been reorganized and registries set into some kind of system, which I hope will work. As Raman was an old Oberth, refitted into Centaur class, it still keeps the registry NCC-1001, the very first starship we've built with warp-5 engines.
Our other scouts shall visit nearby systems, but the rest of starships will stay at Sol for a moment.

This is Sol System management tab. As you can see, the support buildings are all here (The mod nulls few buildings, like Wind Turbines, but adds a ton of other). While Sol have it nice with population, during the revolt, our colonies at Tavola Minor and Omar systems not only have zero support buildings, but their infrastructure is terribly lacking. We will work on that during next few weeks.

Week later we receive reports from our scouts: nearby systems consits of many M-class planets. Plenty of place for colonization and Devolin system is true treasure: 405 million population is estimated maximum, and the star is rich in dilithium! A nearby system, Trenome Sar, also have dilithium-rich star.
The previous subspace blip moved toward our system and another one appeared downwards (in this mod, most of minor races 'explore' the galaxy instead of just sitting at home system). Are those ships coming from the same race, or maybe we have much more neighbours that we originally thought?

We will see that soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Captain Jarod Cain met with the representatives of not one, but two different races! The Ktarians and Zakdorn live close to each other and are interested in our culture.

Two more first contacts, this time up north from Sol: Benzites and Nausicaans. The former are proficient workers and manufacturers, the other, a warlike race.

And look at this!:

Three different subspace blips! Our only regret is that we cannot really meet with them yet but who knows, maybe they will intercept our scout and thus initiate the first contact?

Two more minor races: Orions and Tholians! The former are also apparently in contact with 'mighty Cardassian Union', whatever that might mean (jesus, I forgot how many is 'many' in this game on large maps!). USS Pascal that met with Orions at the eastern side reports even more subspace blips, most of them having different frequencies and configurations.

In the meanwhile, our diplomats struck first interstellar deal and from today onwards, we can trade with Zakdorn home system.

Week later, we receive a word from Benzites - they accepted our trading treaty. However, USS Pascal sent a report that all of the unknown subspace blips dissappeared from it's sensors. Even with help from USS Pegasus, the two scouts lost all of the signals. They just vanished. Oh well.

At Week 7, our colonists settled on both Barolia and Trenome Sar. Another colonies are going to be established at Devolin and Tarsas system, up 'north'. Also, the bleeps returned at the eastern far reaches. After paying Orions for some information, the largest cluster of the blips might be Cardassian Defense Fleet. Captain of USS Pascal was ordered to proceed with caution.

Captain Jarod Cain established contact with the Flaxians, a cautious race of traders - as well as spies, according to the Ktarian ambassador. They live in a small, remote system with white star, the only system 'south-west' from Sol.

Nothing happens until Turn 11. Have a galaxy map as the end of this update:

PS: Apparently 'many' minor races on large map is 30. Oh dear. This will get crowded very quickly.

pisskop:
I have no clue what's going on!  Sign me up !  Make me expendable or smart!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version