Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 99621 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:58:59 pm »

This is BYOR 11 (Bring Your Own Role). You can choose any role, picture, short story, Wikipedia page, molecule, idea, etc. As long as it has a short description, I don't mind. If it doesn't, and I'm oblivious to the knowledge, you're in a bit of trouble, as I casually make things up out of a hat. I'm also less than knowledgeable on several aspects of pop culture. (What the heck is a Snooki?) I'll make up the action(s) to your role. No action or alignment will ever be guaranteed, just fwi. (*cough* SHAKERAG *cough*)

Please try to keep roles classy, as well. We'll go as far as PG-13.

Basic rules:
 - No PMing to anyone but me, the mod. I won't make this an action either because PMing is stupid.
 - No Quoting of the Mod in relation to PMs. You are free to quote anything in the thread. You may also paraphrase.
 - Semi-hammers in effect. Days last on a soft 48 hours, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. If a player is hammered, there is to be no more talking. If you accidentally post something after the hammer, you can and should edit out the post.
 - Nights last 24 hours or whenever all the actions are sent in. If you do not wish to action, please send a PM stating so.
 - Weekends count for 0 hours, as I enjoy my free time on them.
 - Extensions require a majority vote. This will be limited to 2 extensions per Day, because, seriously, make up your minds already.
 - There are no Post Restrictions, other than those related to playing the game fairly.
 - I cannot answer questions about player's roles unless that player's role is available to be seen. I cannot answer questions about your role in thread. I can, however, answer generic questions. I will simply ask you to rephrase the question, if I deem the question is bad.
 - Please vote in a manner that is viewable with my poor eyesight. If I can't see your vote, I might skip it. I can't trust LurkerTracker to do my vote counts for me, but I'll at least check it for semi-accuracy. Bold and Red makes it really easy to see.
 - Some players will not be able to join, because you screw over the rest of my players when you don't play.

You are not in the game until I receive a role. Also, don't under- or overestimate your abilities. And have fun! Because, honestly, that's the whole point.

Also, for those without knowledge of how I style roles, here's a little cheat sheet! If you ask me one of these questions, I will not answer it.

Spoiler: Webadict on Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Webadict on Alignments (click to show/hide)

Players:
Toaster
Urist Imiknorris - Lynched Day 1
Tiruin
Hapah
Dariush - Killed Night 2
Tylui
Leafsnail - Killed Night 1
Bookthras
Deathsword
Shakerag
MrCelt - Lynched Day 2
Jack A T
ToonyMan
This could be you!

Replacement List:
zombie urist
This can always be you!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:59:15 pm by webadict »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Sign-Ups [0 / 13+]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »

Already?  Good thing I already decided what to submit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »

[Toaster: jinx!] Already? Oh well. In, of course. Role will be sent as soon as I think of a cool one. Role sent!

Thoughts on the OP:
* Good that hard-to-read votes are taken into account. I agree bold votes are more readable and people should use them if they can.
* Good to read that generic questions will be answered. The mod should never say "I will not answer these questions", at most he should say "I cannot answer this particular question (for this reason) please rephrase".
* I still dislike "If you ask me one of these questions, I will not answer it", at best, you can link them to the post by way of an answer... there's always bound to be people who say "I'm a doctor, can I self protect?" you shouldn't say "I won't answer that! shut up!" you should instead say "no/yes, see here for more details or rephrase the question".
* I'm not fond of that "no posts after hammer" rule. It didn't come into play last game, but I see several problems with it, post-editing being one of them. Back in the early Vengeful days we had a "Twilight" period, after the hammer before the vengekill/acknowledgement, where posting was allowed but discouraged, and votes were not valid. I think I like that better, but it's up to the host of course.

People: please don't join unless you actually think you'll be able to play the game to completion. Replacements are lame, lurking is worse, and I support the idea of wuba modkilling people if they fail to contribute!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:56:57 pm by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:25:24 pm »

I got time to make roles. Might as well use it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

Geez, already?

I need to think up something webadict would find patently offensive before I can commit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:41 pm »

Submit "The Winner of BYOR12" as your role.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:06 pm »

In.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:43:18 pm »

I'll send something in after I get off work (ajsleiurser long day)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

Hmm.  I think I need a litmus test.  What does everyone think about BYOR 11's Awkward Prominent Erection At A Public Function?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:43 pm »

If I was hosting this, I'd fail you on account of rating.  It doesn't offend me, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:50:56 pm »

Am I still able to join these?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:52 pm »

Am I still able to join these?
Yeah? You played just fine during the game. I meant that Think0028 is unable to, as he's been replaced in the past few games. Neither is penngo009.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 12:06:09 am »

Oh yay, time to redeem my utter shame at failing and losing every other game! :D

In and sent.

Now I wonder how I'd do in claiming... :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:42 am »

Oh yay, time to redeem my utter shame at failing and losing every other game! :D

In and sent.

Now I wonder how I'd do in claiming... :P
Next time you get a role that let's you swap roles, don't claim that you can swap roles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 12:42:50 am »

Thanks for the tip. Messed up the whole thing. :'(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44