Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best way to level up combat skills?  (Read 1196 times)

Grafsburg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mad Catta
    • View Profile
Best way to level up combat skills?
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:56:35 pm »

I played through a game recently and managed to win without any violence using the Liberal Guardian. So now I wanna play through with full-on Marxist Guerilla mode activated. What's the best way to level up skills like Rifle and Dodge so I can achieve the dream?
"The great thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to level up combat skills?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »

Go to a place with weak conservatives, hang out at the entrance until some appear, beat the everloving crap out of them, get the hell outta dodge. Repeat until you can take on tougher enemies.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:44 pm »

Go to a place with weak conservatives, hang out at the entrance until some appear, beat the everloving crap out of them, get the hell outta dodge. Repeat until you can take on tougher enemies.
I would suggest do this to this at the crack house since you won'y rack up murder charges there.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »

I would suggest do this to this at the crack house since you won'y rack up murder charges there.

Do you have to wear masks to do so? I got slammed with an assault and murder charge for gunning down a lone conservative gang member before he could get help.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 08:46:13 pm »

If you can find a CCS safehouse you could gun down 2-5 civilians, flee, return, and repeat for chargeless practice. Or you can go looking for Veterans with decent intelligence and skills and have the Vet teach the rest. Also I suggest you re'O'rder your squad to always have the least skilled rifleman first as they'll always shoot first (gaining experience) and are more likely to leave the target alive so the rest can have a crack at it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 01:21:33 am »

ArKFallen's advice is good: I'd recommend looking for Veterans first and targeting CCS Rubes, etc too as their drops can be useful.  Soldiers & Hardened Vets are generally the dangerous folks, but the Radio Personalities can drain Juice/increase Wisdom (Bad) and in so doing disable their target for the rest of that battle (possibly worse).  Good thing the RPs don't wear armor.

As for Dodge:
-1) Find someone with decent Agility Intelligence, and ideally Health (just in case).  Ideally, pick two people (any more than that takes too long).
0) Get someone with First Aid 6 and have them train your candidates.
1) Get 2 suits of Bunker, SWAT, or Heavy armor: those give full-body protection.  Get a car too.
2) Find a Factory that is at base security, with Workers' Rights fairly low (more Nonunion Workers).
3) Armor up and drive to the Factory.
4) Find a Nonunion Worker reasonably close to the entrance and get their attention.  (Talk to them about the issues--hopefully they'll blow you off.)
5) Wait (S) until they give the piercing Conservative alarm cry.
6) Continue to Wait, letting them whack at you with their Chain.  It shouldn't do much damage if it hits, and if you're in Heavy armor it'll probably just bounce off.
7) Once everyone's skill count has lit up (indicating level-up), stick around a little longer, then manually move away and leave. Getting lashed at by a Worker should not raise sitecrime and should not increase security long-term.
8) Ensure that the Liberals are in Liberal condition.  If so and they need more Dodge skill, then GOTO 3.  Otherwise, have someone Tend to Injuries or set them to Teach Fighting to the others, as needed.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:13 am »

Increase your Psychology skill.
Kidnap a CEO or an Agent and brainwash. They usually have 10 in both Pistol and Dodge.
Then have him teach your liberals how to fight.
If you run out of money, kidnap a CEO again but make him a sleeper and get him to embezzle money. They turn 50,000$ every month.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:23 am »

Teaching is the way to go as few skilled teachers can cover most skills.
and brainwashing is a good way to get skilled teachers.(id go for soldiers or cops as there easyer to brainwash)
the main down sides are the need to have your liberals at the same place as the teachers and the time it take to train up an unskilled liberal (2 months+).
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG