Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: a LCS questions thread  (Read 8981 times)

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a LCS questions thread
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 11:15:14 pm »

Ultimately, the point of committing crimes on-site is to get to the front page of the newspaper as that is what makes the public opinion change. All non-unique crimes except murder are capped at 10 "instances" per raid.

Ah ok, this is what I was looking for, thanks!

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 11:35:46 am »

Hmm.  Is it front-page-only, or does any newspaper coverage help?
Any coverage helps if people have conservative views on the issue. The page number is a rough indicator of how "well" you did, and affects the max% of people it can reach. Apparently the top 10% only read the front page.

Note also that the LCS has to be liked more than the affected issue.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 10:35:45 pm »

Hmm.  Is it front-page-only, or does any newspaper coverage help?
Any coverage helps if people have conservative views on the issue. The page number is a rough indicator of how "well" you did, and affects the max% of people it can reach. Apparently the top 10% only read the front page.

Note also that the LCS has to be liked more than the affected issue.
OK, thanks.  I celebrated the one time my covert theft-op on the CEO Castle beat out the CCS rampage for the front page; glad to see that I was correct in so doing.

[My LCS tends to be well-liked; possibly the Legal Fundraising helps?]

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 05:28:22 am »

Legal  fundraising does jack to increase the LCS' popularity.

Also, apparently, arrest attempts happen automatically if you're either running around naked or if your heat is higher than your street sense times ten.

E: actually, in the latter case, there's only a 2% chance of that happening.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:02:19 am by Darvi »

rolllerskates

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 01:17:18 am »

New question: Is there a way to zoom or maximize the window, or enlarge the text? I love LCS, but my eyesight isn't the best.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 05:39:47 pm »

On Windows (since that's the platform I use), right-clicking on the window's title bar should give you a menu with a "Properties" option.  Hit that and it ought to let you mess around with window size and fonts, with font-sizing available.

Note: Lucinda Console or whatever it's called didn't include the smilies LCS uses to indicate squad/seiger positions on the map, so if you expect to get into sieges that often you might want to just find a window-size that works.

rolllerskates

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 01:02:27 am »

Thanks heaps. You're a lifesaver.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 10:01:44 am »

Semi-related questions!:
1. How do you level Seduction over the first few points? I tried hitting on random people. After around 2 Seduction, my operatives succeed so frequently it becomes a choice between gaining 0.1 seduction per day and risking losing Juice. Prostitution is just as Juice-hazardous. Actually going on dates risks the marks becoming love-slaves, which I can't figure out how to dismiss to free up their slots for better love-slaves.

2. Also, is Wisdom gain from Arch-Conservatives permanent?

3. What affects the effectiveness of sleeper judges? I had two drop from 15% to 9% in a month in which they were laying low, and they all start around 10%.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 10:44:24 am »

Semi-related questions!:
1. How do you level Seduction over the first few points? I tried hitting on random people. After around 2 Seduction, my operatives succeed so frequently it becomes a choice between gaining 0.1 seduction per day and risking losing Juice. Prostitution is just as Juice-hazardous. Actually going on dates risks the marks becoming love-slaves, which I can't figure out how to dismiss to free up their slots for better love-slaves.

3. What affects the effectiveness of sleeper judges? I had two drop from 15% to 9% in a month in which they were laying low, and they all start around 10%.

1. Try to seduce arch-conservatives like hangin' judges or radio personalities, they'll fail more often. One thing I've found is you can keep going on dates with police officers for some reason, like they're very difficult to make love slaves out of until you've got very high seduction, so maybe give that a try.

2. I think so?

3. Every month, your sleepers' effectiveness can randomly go up or down. It used to be that it always went up, but now it can sometimes drop a bit as well. Overall, over time it will make its way to 100%. You just got a bit unlucky. And yeah, sleeper LIBERALS start with low effectiveness. Getting a sleeper Hangin' Judge would have them starting at 50%+ effectiveness usually.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:43 pm »

Semi-related questions!:

1. My preferred method is to get a date, then immediately break things off, then repeat. It's slow, but it avoids unwated love slaves.
2. Yes
3. When lying low, they have a 1/4 chance of their effectiveness lowering, 1/8 of it staying constant, and 5/8 of it increasing by varying amounts. Furthermore, if they are activated in any way, their effectiveness has an additional change to drop.

Chewy2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »

I should say that the juice loss from getting caught with multiple dates isn't really a big deal, you just lose 5 points whenever it happens. It's annoying when it knocks the character's level down and their seduction skill cap (charisma) is lowered to or under where the seduction skill was, making the effort to grind it wasted. Apartment theft is a great way to raise juice up to the 200 mark and can help prevent this, along with beating up teenagers or some other dorks that aren't armed if you don't mind getting assault charges.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 12:47:48 am »

Semi-related questions!:

<snip>

1. Try to seduce arch-conservatives like hangin' judges or radio personalities, they'll fail more often. One thing I've found is you can keep going on dates with police officers for some reason, like they're very difficult to make love slaves out of until you've got very high seduction, so maybe give that a try.

2. I think so?
<snip>
Warning--actually dating an Arch-Conservative (Hangin' Judge, Radio Personality, News Anchor, Eminent Scientist, CEO, and CCS Boss, IIRC) risks gaining Wisdom in similar fashion to their combat-talking at you.  (You probably knew that already, but I wanted to make sure.)

Actually dating any Conservative affiliated with the justice system (any police/DS, Agents, Hangin' Judges, and possibly Firemen come to mind) risks their setting you up for a police ambush; this version seems to result in arrests (as opposed to escapes) rather more often than the last one.  Not sure if it's a code change, different stats, or just bad luck on my part.

The only way to lose Wisdom is to have it beaten out of one (along with Heart) during interrogation.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 05:36:22 am »

That is not entirely true. Judges and firemen will never attempt to arrest you.

What will are: agents, cops, gang units, SWATs, death squad members, prison guards, and educators.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:15 am »

I've never had a police officer try to arrest me >_>

And in my experience, Arch-Conservatives do run the risk of giving you Wisdom, but I've never gained Wisdom from seducing a Police Officer.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 11:30:26 am »

Maybe your seducers don't have a criminal record?

Also my previous post was, technically, false too. ANY conservative can have you arrested if you fail your seduction rolls, but a regular one will only have a 2% chance of doing so. The previously mentioned groups will have this chance raised to 51%. The comments in the source code say 1 in 4 (25%), but that doesn't quite add up with the random rolls involved.

THEN you have a chance of being actually arrested, 50% if you don't have at least 50 juice, 25% if you do.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:32:48 am by Darvi »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7