Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: a LCS questions thread  (Read 9091 times)

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a LCS questions thread
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:50 am »

Good to know... and yeah, usually it was my no-crime founder that was doing the seducing, so maybe that's why.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 12:49:54 am »

Hmm.  I could have sworn that Hangin' Judges set ambushes too, but that could be the 2%.  Thanks.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 02:24:41 am »

Thanks! A related question, if I may:

What's a good seduction level for recruiting Conservatives in the justice system? I have people with 14 Charisma and Seduction getting shot down on the first date repeatedly unless they do the vacation thing every time, then take half a year to get them to love-slave status. Is the skill that naturally prone to failure?

Or, I suppose, in a more general way, what all happens numerically/mechanically to generate the success chance for seduction?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 10:06:23 am »

Thanks! A related question, if I may:

What's a good seduction level for recruiting Conservatives in the justice system? I have people with 14 Charisma and Seduction getting shot down on the first date repeatedly unless they do the vacation thing every time, then take half a year to get them to love-slave status. Is the skill that naturally prone to failure?

Or, I suppose, in a more general way, what all happens numerically/mechanically to generate the success chance for seduction?

There's a good explanation for that over here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96149.30, just a couple topics down.

Basically it's your seduction rolls vs their wisdom rolls, with  modifiers based on your religion, business, and science skills compared to theirs (you both get bonuses from these skills, so if theirs are higher, they get more bonuses, meaning less success for you).

Apparently it also matters that you have some skills trained to at least half of the target's levels; meaning if you want to seduce that judge with 8 Law skill, you'd better make sure you have at least 4 law yourself.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 11:45:08 am »

There's a good explanation for that over here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96149.30, just a couple topics down.
Specifically, it's this post and the one after.

Note that for seduction, you have to pay the money to get the bonus for a similarly levelled skill.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:24 am »

Ah, I see. This is going to require some re-evaluation of my strategy.

Incidentally, what squad size do people use for various things? I can see it depending on the combination of several factors, but on my end the only things I can see full six-man squads being better than small squads for are Juice farming(to level a superior) and combat.

So how big do people tend to make various segments of their LCS?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 10:34:03 am »

Ah, I see. This is going to require some re-evaluation of my strategy.

Incidentally, what squad size do people use for various things? I can see it depending on the combination of several factors, but on my end the only things I can see full six-man squads being better than small squads for are Juice farming(to level a superior) and combat.

So how big do people tend to make various segments of their LCS?

My founder is CHA-based and moves alone. I then have an Infiltrator squad of 2 (high disguise/stealth/security), 2 hackers usually together, and then whatever other guys I have would be fighting squads which are usually in groups of 3 so as to not get massive heat generation wherever they go.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »

I typically run the Founder alone (INT/AG/CH, roughly in that order) as an infiltrator once the initial recruits have Security.  Otherwise most teams go in full sixes to maximize takeover potential, training capacity, and firepower in the case of combat squads--I typically only send combat teams to the CCS safehouse, though, so heat isn't a concern whilst having six attacks is.  If you're shooting in places that will charge you, I'd agree that the three-member squads seem like a reasonable way to minimize Heat buildup.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:43 pm »

If you only send them to the safehouse, how do you train their weapons skills?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

If you only send them to the safehouse, how do you train their weapons skills?

I'm sure he meant CCS safehouses, as in killing CCS members. This doesn't raise heat.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:01 pm »

I should have been more specific. The CCS safehouses are routinely a meatgrinder for me; without safer combat to skill up, how does one get Liberals to survive them?

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 01:26:06 pm »

I should have been more specific. The CCS safehouses are routinely a meatgrinder for me; without safer combat to skill up, how does one get Liberals to survive them?

Usually sending 6 medium-AGI but unskilled liberals to CCS safehouses is fine, provided they all have Assault Rifles and optional body armor. If you skimp on the weapons, they'll take more damage if they get unlucky. You can also just get them up to 50 juice or so to give them some quick stat boosts before sending them in, or if you're rolling in money you can train their dodge skill up a bit first.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:50 pm »

Usually sending 6 medium-AGI but unskilled liberals to CCS safehouses is fine, provided they all have Assault Rifles and optional body armor. If you skimp on the weapons, they'll take more damage if they get unlucky. You can also just get them up to 50 juice or so to give them some quick stat boosts before sending them in, or if you're rolling in money you can train their dodge skill up a bit first.
Uh-oh.

Kevlar Heart, Elite Liberal Black Belt and captain of the Miami Dodgers, ground up to Dodge/Agility 19 (the factories are your friend!) and he still can't reliably dodge police 9mm fire.  The problem isn't low Dodge IMO, but low weapon skill.

Army Veterans typically have a few points of Rifle.  Look for 3-6 or so and train everyone up--even 2 points is much better than 0.  Covert-wheelbarrow the Army Base and you should have plenty of Army Body Armor & M4s--though M16s do more damage, the M4s have an accuracy bonus, which for low-skill people is much more useful.  Of course, include your Veteran in the hit squad so xe levels up too.

Nobody, not even the Founder, goes expecting serious combat unarmored.  Kevlar Heart ground Dodge at the factory--Nonunion Workers with Chains, not a particularly dangerous fight for an Elite Liberal Black Belt--wearing Army and later Heavy armor.  My assault squads routinely wear Army armor.  You can't First Aid yourself, or at least there's enough of a penalty that I've never seen my people do it in action.

Next training point: First Aid in the squad can be the difference between a fatality and 2-3 levels of First Aid XP back at the safehouse.  Get a Doctor or Nurse (preferably one per Liberal safehouse) and cross-train everyone to at least 3-4 points of First Aid.  Stopping the bleeding when someone doesn't Dodge is worth a fair amount of First Aid XP (that isn't capped by injury level, incidentally), so after a few times you should have pretty good field medics.

Perhaps most importantly: don't be afraid to leave.  Send the squad in a car to facilitate escapes.  Get in, get bloody (ideally theirs), get out before you have a car chase.  Takes about 15-20 kills to take a CCS safehouse; figure about 4-5 fights on average.  Just as you're getting the momentum up, they break.

It typically takes 3-6 kills (depending on the Liberal's skill) to level up.  Once Rifle gets to 10 or so, switch to the M16 so you get a little better penetration against Soldiers and Hardened Veterans.

If you're training a non-Rifle weapon, such as Martial Arts, Sword, or Shotgun*, have no more than two users of that weapon in the squad, have them go first, and make sure that there are high-skill Rifle people to shoot "cleanup".  Protip: melee damage is a function of the user's Strength.  I don't issue swords unless the carrier has 12 or higher STR.

*Shotguns rip up unarmored targets but aren't that good against anything better than the "Body Armor" kevlar T-shirt.  .44 Mag has better penetration and thus makes Pistol somewhat safer--you can get away with 3 or so if need be, but the 6-shot limitation can be an issue if you're just getting started.  After the 50th raid or so you'll have stacks of Aslt/Rifle magazines.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

Personally I roll with 1 squad for my founder and another for the LCS veterans that hit Elite Liberal and have high juice recruits who also have (3+) recuits. Then I have the homeless shelter'd who never gain juice and are always 'A'ctive.  After that is the invasion/bullet squad who's job is to cause extreme havoc and become more skilled. The invasion squad is often doing community service or Going 'F'orth.

A good tip for training combat skills is to always re'O'rder your squads so the worst shot (swordsman,axeman,etc) is first. They are more likely to attack and leave the target alive allowing the next in line to attack, and this keeps going until everyone attacks or all conservatives die.

I have a question (or 2): Whenever the CCS takes one of your safehouses, how long is it considered under seige afterwards? I lost a safehouse and it's been a month or so but I can't Go Forth to reclaim the site. How would I do so or shut down the new safehouse?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:29:53 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 05:36:37 pm »

As it happens, I invaded a CCS safehouse for the first time today. I did not expect the lobby to count as "public space".

For safe combat: Wait on the starting square for an encounter consisting of one Priest and nothing else (move back and forth to clear encounters). Fight at leisure, then run.

CCS members never disguise as Priests and Priests never carry weapons, even during C+ gun control, nor do they have conversion attacks. They're walking punching bags.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7