Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: a LCS questions thread  (Read 9092 times)

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
Re: a LCS questions thread
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:12 pm »

When you liberate the CEO safe, why does it say "there are some drugs here"? when I look at the equipment screen, it does not say anything about drugs.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 05:40:20 pm »

When you liberate the CEO safe, why does it say "there are some drugs here"? when I look at the equipment screen, it does not say anything about drugs.

Just flavor -- the squad doesn't take them.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 06:09:35 pm »

Also, is there any way to adjust who does an on-site activity? Like when you  have an expert security guy, but someone else in your squad who barely has 1 security decides to do it, and the door in the intel HQ to the supercomputer locks and you have to restart the site. I hate when that happens.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

Also, is there any way to adjust who does an on-site activity? Like when you  have an expert security guy, but someone else in your squad who barely has 1 security decides to do it, and the door in the intel HQ to the supercomputer locks and you have to restart the site. I hate when that happens.

It should be selecting the best person for the job automatically. If it isn't, reorder to put the person you prefer highest in the list, and that should sort things out. But you shouldn't have to do that, LCS is usually good about only going forward with your best person.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 06:27:47 pm »

Oh, the squad does take them. Most of the time they're too high on adrenaline to be affected, though.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2012, 09:06:19 pm »

Just flavor -- the squad doesn't take them.
Huh.  I'd presumed that the squad Liberated them, either eradicating the threat of Conservative drugs like cocaine or appropriating to the Liberal cause Liberal marijuana or LSD.  Good to know.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2012, 11:29:31 pm »

It should be selecting the best person for the job automatically. If it isn't, reorder to put the person you prefer highest in the list, and that should sort things out. But you shouldn't have to do that, LCS is usually good about only going forward with your best person.

Yeah, in my experience, it goes by highest skill. Or if 2 people have equally high skill, it picks one at random. Noticed it on my Security, had someone lockpicking at like 5 security, 7 INT and someone with 3 security and tons of INT, the second guy's security actually caught up just from him being there while guy #1 picked (#2 never picked ever), and then it would alternate between the two characters while they had the same skill level.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:31:18 pm by BoxOfAids »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2012, 02:04:28 pm »

Recently I destroyed the CCS by attacking and conquering each of their safehouses. Before I finished them off they took one of my starting safehouses which was then considered their safehouse and under siege at the same time. I dismantled the CCS but the safehouse is still theirs.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

flying_phoenix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:17 pm »

What can I do once I can no longer "Go Forth and Stop Evil"? This happens to me a fair amount of times. Am I just stuck?

Nvm just got to go to Review Squad and Make a new squad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:21:44 pm by flying_phoenix »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2012, 02:45:33 pm »

I just lost my most successful game since I downloaded last night. I had about 10 people in two squads, ~$20,000 (so a significant amount of cash), and had armed everyone with .45's. I didn't know what to do with myself, so I robbed the bank and got taken out by the cops on my way out.

What's a good project to tackle at that level? I had a printing press, a business front, a sleeper lawyer...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 07:49:03 pm »

I just lost my most successful game since I downloaded last night. I had about 10 people in two squads, ~$20,000 (so a significant amount of cash), and had armed everyone with .45's. I didn't know what to do with myself, so I robbed the bank and got taken out by the cops on my way out.

What's a good project to tackle at that level? I had a printing press, a business front, a sleeper lawyer...
Let's see.  10 active Liberals of undefined profession, $20K, and .45 ACP handguns for all.  One safehouse w/press & front.  One sleeper lawyer.

Re sleepers: how many sleeper judges, Police Officers, and Prison Guards?  4-5 judges pretty much guarantees that one will catch any trials (and even one gives you the map of the courthouse); cops give you the layout of the PD and can warn of police raids; prison guards give the map of the prison, which is nontrivial when you're freeing lifers or death-row folks.  Thoroughly infiltrating the justice system is an excellent next-step from the position you describe.

How about Corporate Managers and someone at the CEO house?  I like to know precisely where I can find the Safes.  It's worth recruiting Programmers--some of them work at the CorpHQ (good) or the IntHQ (great) and can be left as sleepers, and if they don't--now you've got someone to run the poll-monitoring, hack, or teach hacking as needed.

Got a Doctor or Nurse to teach First Aid?  Having a qualified medic or 6 in your combat team can make the difference between a TPK and living to fight Evil another day.

Are your troops qualified to use those .45s?  Consider recruiting an Army Veteran to help with the first few points.  If you have a sneak-thief (and you should!) you can get much better weapons & armor whilst Liberally cleaning up the Military Base.

If you're willing to interrogate people, it's probably worth getting a Psychologist to do the job properly and help teach the rest of the LCS.

If the CCS is around, a good mid-term goal is to develop the capacity to find and fight them (not necessarily in that order).  Getting good Hacker/Infiltrators to work toward hacking the CIA Supercomputer (which involves reaching the thing without setting off the alarm) is another good goal.

Hopefully that helps you.  Best of luck, and Continue Liberally!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »

didnt the number of sleepers get cut down to only needing one for judges?

i say you need to come up with a plan, if it is focused on fighting id stock up on ar15 and ammo.
get a car or two to get your skill up.

geting a few good teachers can let you train even crack heads in to a skilled force of any thing in a month or so.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »

didnt the number of sleepers get cut down to only needing one for judges?

Did it? Last I knew, you needed ~4 sleeper judges at 100% in order to be fully guaranteed to have a sleeper take the case.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2012, 06:55:49 am »

The algorithm is as such:

For sleeper judges (either conservatice or liberal), each one in turn generates a random number in the range 0 to 99. This number is then checked against their infiltration percentage. If the infiltration percentage is higher, then they become the judges.

For sleeper lawyers, there is no random chance. If you have a sleeper lawyer, they will always offer their services, and their infiltration will not matter.

What this means is that you only ever need one sleeper lawyer (though having more than one won't hurt you) and if you can get one sleeper judge to 100% effectiveness, you won't need more than that one judge.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

The algorithm is as such:

For sleeper judges (either conservatice or liberal), each one in turn generates a random number in the range 0 to 99. This number is then checked against their infiltration percentage. If the infiltration percentage is higher, then they become the judges.

For sleeper lawyers, there is no random chance. If you have a sleeper lawyer, they will always offer their services, and their infiltration will not matter.

What this means is that you only ever need one sleeper lawyer (though having more than one won't hurt you) and if you can get one sleeper judge to 100% effectiveness, you won't need more than that one judge.
OK, good to know.  In practice, though, I'd recommend getting multiple Liberal Judges in the early going rather than waiting to have any sleepers until I'd leveled the LCS up enough to successfully seduce/re-educate/persuade a Hangin' Judge.  Letting the Liberal Judges Lay Low will increase their infiltration over time.

Funk's advice to get cars is solid: assault squads in particular should never move On Foot.  Much more dangerous when leaving the site.  I would suggest that the M4 is a much better weapon--especially for low-skilled Liberals--than the AR15, thanks to the accuracy bonus & burst-fire.  FWIW the M rifles are fairly common Loot objects at the Military Base, so you needn't buy them.

That said, if you do plan on lots of fighting I'd strongly recommend having several safehouses (lets you move if one gets too hot) and at least one Doctor per safehouse, in addition to training everyone in First Aid.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7