Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: a LCS questions thread  (Read 9080 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: a LCS questions thread
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2013, 10:56:19 pm »

How do you get a sleeper that can recruit?
Make them do dangerous sleeper activities (snooping, embezzling, stealing, etc), if they succeed they gain juice, and after so much juice  they can recruit others.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013, 11:43:27 pm »

Just in case you were Enlightening people and disappointed at their inability to recruit: Sleepers recruited with Persuasion (Liberals, most likely, but I've heard stories of hyper-Persuaders persuading decently-powered Conservatives) or Seduction can recruit to the same degree that active Liberals can: ArKFallen's advice takes over there, though for some reason my sleepers tend to lose Juice the first few months.  Keep at it and they'll eventually level up.

Your Lawyer gains juice from successfully defending Liberals, though I think xe gains more Law/Persuade skill from failing-to-defend.

If you enabled the CCS at startup, killing them yourself gives all LCS members, both active and sleeper, +200 Juice.  Instant Urban Commando & 5 recruitment slots for the Civilian sleepers.

LeonKP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:45 am »

how do you get swords in the game?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2013, 10:43:20 am »

Actually having a Sword or Daisho: Buy them at the Oubliette, about $200 per.

Sword skill so you can effectively use the things:  Much rarer, but your Founder can start with the first two points if you pick the answer about them around high school.  I've found a Mutant once who also had a few points.  After that, just practice using it in combat and teach the others.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2013, 03:14:18 pm »

Why is it that at +2 gun laws, you can still buy shotguns? Shouldn't it be something more along the lines of the UK where you cannot buy a gun whatsoever?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2013, 09:59:32 pm »

Why is it that at +2 gun laws, you can still buy shotguns? Shouldn't it be something more along the lines of the UK where you cannot buy a gun whatsoever?
You can buy shotguns in the UK (with a certificate).

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2013, 01:01:44 am »

I'd imagine that you'd need an ELITE LIBERAL AMENDMENT to completely ban firearm sales.  The 2d Amendment is a tenacious thing.

As for why shotguns, they're less dangerous than handguns in terms of "which needs banned", since they're bulkier (=tougher to conceal) and don't penetrate armor that well.  Combination of bulky weapon, bulky/heavy ammunition that doesn't penetrate well or have significant range, low rate of fire (pump-action) and small magazine capacity (six rounds in LCS) means that as firearms go, shotguns are fairly tame.

Obviously, they're still a hazard to the average civilian, but given the personal right-to-firearms in the Constitution, shotguns-only is the next best thing to the UK.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

I'd imagine that you'd need an ELITE LIBERAL AMENDMENT to completely ban firearm sales.  The 2d Amendment is a tenacious thing.

Oh right, didn't think about that (I'm Canadian). But nonetheless, the Elite Liberal Gun Free Utopia just made more sense to me. An ELITE LIBERAL AMENDMENT would make more sense for that though than just +2 on the issue. You could also have an ARCH CONSERVATIVE AMENDMENT where it makes it illegal NOT to have a gun. That'd be pretty fun(ny).

LeonKP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:37 am »

how do i make a news paper?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:48:03 am by LeonKP »

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »

Making of the Liberal Guardian, 20XX:
0) Get $5,020 or so.
1) Check Free Speech issue: if it's C+, your printing press will be raided by the Firemen fairly routinely--about 6 times a year, minimum, even if the site has 0 Heat.  (Firemen's armor is fairly weak, but their flamethrowers are very lethal.  Don't let them shoot!)  Anyone writing the dailies will rack up a count of Harmful Speech (on par with assault or so, I'd guess) per day spent writing the paper.  These add up!
2) Use the Z key at the main screen to toggle through safehouses.  Find one of the two Abandoned sites; if you currently control the Crack House, it's also a potential site.
3) Invest in the location: all you need is the Printing Press, but establishing a Business Front is good general practice.  You might also fly a Flag there once you've finished the big-ticket investing--it helps your secrecy in proportion to the Flag Burning issue.
4) To run a Special Edition at change/month, you need to have suitable materials (Research Papers, Police/Prison Records, Judicial Corruption Evidence, CEO stuff, Corporate Files, Secret Docs, IntHQ Disc, or the List) at the site.  To run a daily issue, someone needs to be on-site and assigned to Writing News.
     4A) You don't need people on-site to write a Special Edition.  In fact, being physically present can be a liability if you print Secret Documents: that counts as Treason for everyone at the same location as a Printing Press.  Print the government secrets without anyone present=no Treason charges, as of 4.06.3.  [That's probably an exploit, though.]  You can move docs around from the Review screen: hit 8 to bring up a list of gear and locations.  That said: if nobody's home when the Firemen raid, they can just burn the press and confiscate the evidence.  $3K to replace the Press is cheaper than getting rid of a Treason charge, though.

Edited to clarify Harmful Speech/Fireman raids in step 1 (don't take them lightly)-KA101.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:51:10 pm by KA101 »

rolllerskates

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2013, 07:49:51 am »

I'm a little confused. This is my first playthrough of Nightmare mode. I've eliminated the CCS in all three bases, and all laws are Elite Liberal, but nothing's happening? Is there something else I need to do to beat the game?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2013, 11:43:52 am »

I'm a little confused. This is my first playthrough of Nightmare mode. I've eliminated the CCS in all three bases, and all laws are Elite Liberal, but nothing's happening? Is there something else I need to do to beat the game?
How's the government looking? You need elite liberal president, house, senate and supreme court as well. I've had this situation happen to me before, and it was because I disabled the elite liberal amendments, so I never got the supreme court purged. I had to wait a while longer with laws at elite liberal before the supreme came around.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »

Yeah, disabling the amendments sounds like a challenge but adds a LOT of waiting.  FWIW I think you only need 5 Elite Liberal Justices, not all 9, for the Court to go green.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »

Yeah, disabling the amendments sounds like a challenge but adds a LOT of waiting.  FWIW I think you only need 5 Elite Liberal Justices, not all 9, for the Court to go green.
That is the case. The amount of waiting is several years - each year there is a 40% chance that one of them will be replaced, chosen ar random.

My personal preference is to disable the congress amendment and enable the supreme court amendment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]