Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Undead shellfish  (Read 3205 times)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Undead shellfish
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »

Losing is FUN!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 03:57:55 pm »

I created a zombie pit. The necromancer was safe behind metal bars, and anything I threw in got torn apart by zombies and then zombified themselves. Made a great last ditch siege defense.

Until I threw in a troll.

Trolls have building destroyer 2. The zombie troll promptly released the necromancer, who ran amok through the fort. He even made it into the burial area, where he was locked in for all eternity. Killed half the fort, though.

Good times.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 04:22:49 pm »

I created a zombie pit. The necromancer was safe behind metal bars, and anything I threw in got torn apart by zombies and then zombified themselves. Made a great last ditch siege defense.

Until I threw in a troll.

Trolls have building destroyer 2. The zombie troll promptly released the necromancer, who ran amok through the fort. He even made it into the burial area, where he was locked in for all eternity. Killed half the fort, though.

Good times.
:D
Too lazy to make fortification?

LHLF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 04:45:52 pm »

This zombie pit sounds deliciously difficult to accomplish. In other words, very dwarfish, congratulations!

After some fortresses and when I start to know how to use pits, fluids and pumps decently (maybe I will even know the difference between bars and grates!), I shall try your idea!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 03:24:25 am »

The trick was to not have the dwarf up top, the one throwing in the victim? Yeah not having him run off in fright upon seeing a zombie in the pit, thus releasing the hauled prisoner.

This was solved by creating a gangplank with a pressure plate at the end.
There was a bridge covering the pit, and the pressure plate opened it juuust long enough to let the prisoner past, then shut again. Best results were achieved by throwing in, say, a minotaur or a giant. Those guys lasted a looong time.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]