Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "Cheating" in adventure mode?  (Read 21310 times)

BrosephStalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Cheating" in adventure mode?
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:18:44 am »

Is there any program or anything that allows you to edit your adventurer's inventory and skills/attributes? I would really like to go on an adventure of total death that inspires future fortresses to make engravings about. I've tried searching the forums and google but couldn't seem to find anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: "Cheating" in adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:55:03 am »

Have you look at the modding section and dive through a thread called dfhack?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

BrosephStalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:12:10 am »

Yes, that was one of the first things I looked through. I didn't see much for adventure mode though.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:48 am »

Yes, that was one of the first things I looked through. I didn't see much for adventure mode though.
that's because any fort mode content could be used in adventure mode if it's pertains to units.
though dfusion is a boon for Adventure mode commands.
"body swapping and YOU!"

BrosephStalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:19:02 am »

Well could you tell me what DFhack command I might use to change attribute points in adventure mode? I would be extremely grateful

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:57 am »

well there isn't one that does that... there a script you can get that buffs your character...
or you could just use the GM-editor script warmist has in his Github folder
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:04:33 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »

You could also create a custom version of your race of choice which has [NATURAL_SKILL:XXX:16], where XXX is the skill, or mess with [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:XXX...].  See the wiki page on cheating for more details.  Modding the race of course would require you to start a new character (and possibly also gen a new world?) so this may not be what you had in mind. 

If you want to have just your adventurer be modded, but not other members of the race, you could make a caste which is ultra-rare (by adjusting the POP_RATIO tag), and then select this caste when you play adventure mode (by giving it a different name and cycling through the gender until you select the rare caste).

Also, if you just want to be invincible and kill everything, you could try playing as an adamantine colossus, or Chuck Norris...

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 06:19:52 pm »

Hahahahhaha, I'm going to be forever known as the guy who made the DF equivilant of cheat codes, aren't I? (somehow, I am okay with this)

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 04:06:29 am »

I've also been looking into this lately due to adventure modes default "nightmare" difficulty level. You can boost attributes and skills using Cheat Engine to memory hack the amount of points you can spend during character creation. Download Cheat Engine, do the first couple of tutorials, then you'll be right to make your Hercules dorf. You can use it to edit fort mode character creation too which is very handy. Pretty sure you need to use the 4-byte option in adventure and 2-byte for fort mode, but it could be vice versa. But it's not as complicated as it sounds, don't be scared.

I'm currently marauding with my all legendary skills and superdwarvenly strong dorf built using this method. Whats funny is even when maxed out like this with all steel armour I still die every now and then, I got murdered by a troll in a 1v1 recently. Would love to find a way to edit starting inventory to fill it with adamantine goodness, perhaps we can continue to look into this and build on cheating techniques.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:28:35 am »

well, it'd take a minute, but you could embark, cheat in adamantine for the soil layer, cheat your weapon and armorsmith's to insane skill levels, make the gear, then start your adventurer nearby. 

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:00:54 am »

You can make animal men that shoot fireballs/breath fire like the fire imp, by copy-pasting the relevent sections from the fire imp's RAWs. Then make them playable by adding the [ADVENTURE_TIER] tag as well. Humans, dwarves, elves and wildlife will not be able to stand up to your might, but hope to Armok that you don't encounter any more of your kind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:26:00 am »

Copied from the wiki:

Easy Adamantine

To get free adamantine wafers, add this to your reaction_smelter.

[REACTION:FREE_ADAMANTINE_WAFERS]
[NAME:create adamantine wafers]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

For adamantine thread it would be:

[REACTION:FREE_ADAMANTINE_THREAD]
[NAME:create adamantine thread]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
[SKILL:SMELT]

One thing I want to know is how I can make my starting dwarves legendary so I can churn out masterwork arms/armor for my adventurer to scavenge. Obviously the starting ability level is capped at proficient(?), not sure if theres a way to change this with memory hacking.

Additionally does anyone know how you can modify starting items for adventurers? This would be easier than forging the weapons manually, but seems like something that might be hardcoded into the game.
(

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:54 am »

Additionally does anyone know how you can modify starting items for adventurers? This would be easier than forging the weapons manually, but seems like something that might be hardcoded into the game.
dfhack has the "changeitem" command, which lets you change the material and quality of any item. Then you just need to get your hands on one of each armor type and a nice weapon, really. Though I've only used it in fortress mode, you'd have to check to make sure it works in adventure mode as well.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

dermal_plating

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 11:42:17 am »

dfhack has the "changeitem" command, which lets you change the material and quality of any item. Then you just need to get your hands on one of each armor type and a nice weapon, really. Though I've only used it in fortress mode, you'd have to check to make sure it works in adventure mode as well.

Thanks TKPG. This works like a charm. You just need to make sure you drop the item, highlight it with the "k" function and use the "here" option in the dfhack command line.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:42:44 pm »

You can "Cheat" in many way's.
For skills you could use "Cheat Engine".Google it.
For items as suggested you can use DFHack scripts.
For attributes you'd have to use cheat engine at the start of creating an adventurer and changing the points you get to use to whatever(this also works on skills when you start the character's designation)
There are many,many other options,but there are some easy ones.
Pages: [1] 2