Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 72744 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

Aren't there many more factors for life-capability than temperature?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 15, 2012, 12:23:43 am »

The systems been named anyway. AC B is Babylon and AC A is Persia. Proxima already has a name, and as they passed through the system (at about the speed of light) they did some research. No habitables in that system, though there was a planet in the habitable zone that lacked an atmosphere.

I think I heard of that planet you found but forgot about it. Any Babylonian gods of fire? Metalsmithing? Volcanoes? Anything hot?

Babylonian god of Starbucks?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 15, 2012, 04:36:15 am »

Several gods of wind (like, three or four), at least two gods of earth and three of water, but no god of fire, sadly.
Enki is god of crafts, and Shamash is god of sun, but that's all.

Kaian: You messed up with the planetary designation thing. :P

The first planet found is b (Which in this case, would be the first planet in the system.). Ishtar could be Alpha Centauri B c for all we knwo.
You're right. My mistake :/
And Karnewarrior did say that Ishtar was the fourth planet.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »

It's been a full page and no suggestions?

Do you guys want me to just choose for you? Because I totally won't have you do something so insanely suicidal even the most deranged of people consider it scary.

Or maybe I'll just have you eaten by a grue. And describe it in gory, gory detail. Or impregnated by a chrysalid. I could you know. I could make you all alien pregnant, and you wouldn't even have to know until a bouncing baby boy explodes out of your ribcage into the love intrests face and then the baby devours her eyeballs.

Then again, Maybe I won't.

Maybe.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

Talk about how funny it would be if a alien burst out of your chest while you were sleeping. NEVER SLEEP.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:03 pm »

...PLAY BALL
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »

This is Bay12, you let us on a tangent.

What moron names anything important after anything from Lovecraft? That's just asking for trouble...

Let's explore. Take a piece of paper (or whatever replaced paper) and make a map so we can fake productivity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:10 pm »

Do you guys want me to just choose for you? Because I totally won't have you do something so insanely suicidal even the most deranged of people consider it scary.

Or maybe I'll just have you eaten by a grue. And describe it in gory, gory detail. Or impregnated by a chrysalid. I could you know. I could make you all alien pregnant, and you wouldn't even have to know until a bouncing baby boy explodes out of your ribcage into the love intrests face and then the baby devours her eyeballs.

Maybe.

I'm just not interested in playing a human. I came for the Goblin-thingy. I don't want to give suggestions for an ordinary human.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 16, 2012, 11:40:18 pm »

Yeah, I'll be honest.  I have no idea what you're asking us to suggest.  Just went *woosh* over my head.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 16, 2012, 11:45:25 pm »

I stand by any suggestion that is both funny and plot progressing. Therefore, i propose we mix my joke and the map plan.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:45 am »

Maybe.

I'm just not interested in playing a human. I came for the Goblin-thingy. I don't want to give suggestions for an ordinary human.
this
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:34 am »

"Why don't we go exploring?" You ask. "We could make a little map too. All the adults have been too busy setting up the prefabs and testing microbes to take a good look at Ishtar."

The others shrug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've managed to sneak around back behind one of the towers.. By glancing through the clear stone, you get your first view inside.

The floor is covered completely by some giant fur, and then again by smaller furs. The fur on the bottom is a soft green in color, while the ones on top vary on what unnatural hue they are. A great beast hulks in one corner, which has no fur, only bleached tan skin, and no discrenable eyes, mouth, nose, or other organs. In fact, it's legs seem to be made of wood, and you cannot tell which side is head and which rump. Perhaps it is an artifice of some sort, but you cannot tell what for.

In front of the Artifice is another, more obviously artifical construct. It's sleek and grey in color, mounted upon the wall through unknown means. On the front, framed with grey, small images move. You're wise enough to tell they are not real, though the clarity continues to bug you. Underneath this movingbox is a small table, covered in miscellanious knick knacks, which a cursory examination indicates are regarded as relatively unimportant. Odd devices are scattered about, many seeming to be colored images of strangely clear resolution in frames, this time not moving.

There are other rooms, a strange concept to you, who has lived in one-room huts all your life, but comprehensible enough. From what you can see, one is a sleeping chamber with a raised bedroll on stilts, piled high with furs. One is a stark, black and white room with unknown purpose. From the size outside, you can figure for one more room, but the portal is blocked by a large slab of painted wood, peirced through with an odd, shiny, almost golden stud.

Attempts to pry loose some clearstone are unsuccessful. However, the bottom half moves upward, sliding along unseen grooves, and gives you access inside the tower.

>Enter Alien Tower?
Thou art I, I art Thou.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 17, 2012, 12:02:27 pm »

NO.
You know very well the fate of any edible animal stupid enough to enter a goblin hut.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »

Yes. The knick-knacks beckon...

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2012, 03:19:11 pm »

We shall begin the long standing tradition of goblin theft.
So get the fuck in that tower and steal EVERYTHING!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 54